PDA

View Full Version : Ikon the Verbal Hologram

Sleep Sinatra
08-13-2007, 11:40 AM
i personally wish vinnie would revert back to this "alias" cuz he dropped MAD knowledge under this name, and im hopin 2 see maybe a glimpse of Ikon on the new JMT record

now my question is this did he appear as Ikon on just the psycho-social album or did he use this alias more then that?

DJMethods
08-13-2007, 11:47 AM
just the first album im 99% sure

Longbongcilvaringz
08-13-2007, 11:54 AM
well "Violent By Design" was sort of half and half wasnt it?

anyway, i wouldnt say he "dropped knowledge", but he was definitely a better mc and more listenable.

Sleep Sinatra
08-13-2007, 12:03 PM
eh , yea i agree wit u sean ,but 2 some degree like on "war ensamble" that imo wus just Ikon spittin raw

where as on 'i who have nothing" i would say he dropped some knowledge 2 a certain extent

still wish he would revert back tho

Guarded By Martyrs
08-13-2007, 12:10 PM

Yes I would agree that Violent By Design is ~Half Hologram Half Vinnie~
I spoke about this on the Robot Tank subject about how different persona's can be.

Sleep...you may be in luck as on Servants In Heaven Kings In Hell he says a couple of things about this matter~

"Ya'll Gone Make Me Bring The Hologramic Verses Back"

&

"You Want The Horror Called Vinnie...He Brung That"

I agree with you Sleep that now is a perfect time to do it given the sature of Hip-Hop.
Just look at that new Killah Priest track "Behind The Stained Glass" ~
On this track he reverts back to Heavy Mental type lyrics.

I have said it before and I will say it again, I would love to hear tracks like~

The RZA Featuring Bobby Digital,Prince Rakeem,The RZArecta
Canibus Featuring Rip The Jacker & Poet Laurete
Holocasust Featuring Warcloud,Alcatraz,Robot Tank
Vinnie Paz Featuring Ikon The Verbal Hologram
GZA Featuring Max Million

ECT....

From when the man himself is saying~

It is a real possibility I think.
Even though "Vinnie Paz" is not the COMPLETE opposite to The Hologram as he to does spit truth and pours his heart on the track.

But definatly time to bring The Hologramic verses back.

PEACE

Meta4
08-13-2007, 12:22 PM
Vinnie was perfect on VBD. Those three got a real fuckin' dope chemistry and this new album should be nothing short of ill.

Sleep Sinatra
08-13-2007, 12:47 PM
Vinnie was perfect on VBD. Those three got a real fuckin' dope chemistry and this new album should be nothing short of ill.

WORD

Razorsharp
08-13-2007, 02:17 PM

anyway, i wouldnt say he "dropped knowledge", but he was definitely a better mc and more listenable.

yeah, he was more creative there as well, im not hating on him now, but its jus kill kill shit :P

GhettoGnom
08-14-2007, 12:11 PM
I want hologramic verses with vinnie paz voice...

bloodyhookz
08-14-2007, 08:12 PM
fuck Vinnie Paz, Hologram was an ill persona, but fuck all that persona shit, be yourself, that's what it's all about in the longrun anyway

oDoUoSoKo
08-14-2007, 08:28 PM
Yes I would agree that Violent By Design is ~Half Hologram Half Vinnie~
I spoke about this on the Robot Tank subject about how different persona's can be.

Sleep...you may be in luck as on Servants In Heaven Kings In Hell he says a couple of things about this matter~

&

"You Want The Horror Called Vinnie...He Brung That"

I agree with you Sleep that now is a perfect time to do it given the sature of Hip-Hop.
Just look at that new Killah Priest track "Behind The Stained Glass" ~
On this track he reverts back to Heavy Mental type lyrics.

I have said it before and I will say it again, I would love to hear tracks like~

The RZA Featuring Bobby Digital,Prince Rakeem,The RZArecta
Canibus Featuring Rip The Jacker & Poet Laurete
Holocasust Featuring Warcloud,Alcatraz,Robot Tank
Vinnie Paz Featuring Ikon The Verbal Hologram
GZA Featuring Max Million

ECT....

From when the man himself is saying~

It is a real possibility I think.
Even though "Vinnie Paz" is not the COMPLETE opposite to The Hologram as he to does spit truth and pours his heart on the track.

But definatly time to bring The Hologramic verses back.

PEACE
kinda like t pain.

GENERAL WISE
08-14-2007, 10:04 PM
lets be on the real though, Stoupe has carried Vinnie paz/Ikon thats the only reason he gets a following.

Durag
08-15-2007, 03:41 AM
lets be on the real though, Stoupe has carried Vinnie paz/Ikon thats the only reason he gets a following.

Word.
Just listening to Legacy of Blood again how fuckin shit are Vinnie Paz's lyrics? A return to Ikon the Verbal Hologram would be dope, and forget about all that stupid shoutin over the mic. Dunno if i can see it happenin tho hes known now because of his style

bloodyhookz
08-15-2007, 04:46 AM
it's true that Stoupe is the backbone to Jedi Mind Trix, just imagine hearing Meth on those Stoupe beats, 'cause Method Man's the type of rapper who sounds aight on those Rockwilder type beats but if you give him a Rza beat he outshines the track, and Stoupe has that same general feeling to his beats, if not iller at times, but yeah, that would be sick, and it would sell enough units!!

venex
08-15-2007, 05:37 AM
yeaaah... violent by design was the shit...

it was half vinnie, half ikon... that was sick...you can't say he is lyrically weak if you listen to this stuff

TAURO
08-15-2007, 05:53 AM
On a separate note, I think "Legacy Of Blood" is the best produced out of all JMT's albums.

Durag
08-15-2007, 06:02 AM
^^Ya up there after Legacy Of Blood i think, but after a few listens Vinnies lyrics really get on my nerves. EVERY guest on the album, GZA, Killah Priest, Sean P destroy Vinnie, just makes ya think how great this album could have been. BTW i love the second remix of 'On the Eve of War' Feat. GZA at the end of album. That beat is beautiful

GhettoGnom
08-15-2007, 04:38 PM
Stoupe is definitely the backbone of JMT... I still think vinnie paz can write great lyrics though.
Just imagine a whole album with Kool G Rap & Stoupe..

Meta4
08-15-2007, 04:49 PM
In any emcee/producer group, the producer is gonna be the backbone cuz the emcees are gonna craft their rhymes around the beat. Not many people have done Stoupe justice but Percee P MURDERED, FUCKIN MURDERED "Walk With Me". At any rate Paz is nice and MOS DEF was perfect on VBD.

TAURO
08-15-2007, 07:47 PM
Stoupe is definitely the backbone of JMT... I still think vinnie paz can write great lyrics though.
Just imagine a whole album with Kool G Rap & Stoupe..

I co-sign this, after I heard Animal Rap I just kept thinking how crazy Kool G Rap would sound on an album full of Stoupe beats. I think that personally it takes someone with a serious mic presence to handle a Stoupe beat, which is why I think Vinnie works so well, he has a booming voice which few tend to match when guesting on JMT albums. Only three other mc's I thought can carry a Stoupe beat. G Rap being one and the other two are Canibus and Sean Price.

noel411
08-15-2007, 08:26 PM
i personally wish vinnie would revert back to this "alias" cuz he dropped MAD knowledge under this name
Come on man, the guy's always been a fucken moron. His pathetic attempts at "dropping knowledge" are some of the most facile I have ever heard.