PDA

View Full Version : what do you think of Buckshot?

DR. NICK RIVIERA
08-13-2007, 12:01 PM
where does he stand in your top MC's list, is he good, great, bad, tony yayo? would you consider him aa underground hip-hop legend?

personally I love how he is still true to his roots and still doing that '90 type of hiphop I personally love...

also, do you c the chemistry album as a banger or something else...IMO it's a clear banger, not one wack track, all good material

I love his work, tho he ain't in my top20 MC's list, I'm still a fan...

Meta4
08-13-2007, 12:24 PM
Buckshot is a legend period
He's one of the nicest and most consistent emcee to ever bless a mic and he is def in the top 20.

J.T.S.
08-13-2007, 01:25 PM
I wouldn't say he's the nicest he seems to have fell of a tad bit, i prefer his old buck em' down style,

DR. NICK RIVIERA
08-13-2007, 01:27 PM
I think he is the best in BCC tho :)

J.T.S.
08-13-2007, 01:34 PM
Better than Sean P i don't know man!

Razorsharp
08-13-2007, 02:14 PM
he is mad dope and conistant in droppin ill rhymes to me...

best in BCC? i dont think so maybe 3rd??? (im a big sean P fan)

"yeah im a nice with a mic, and im nice with a knife, if a flip its a hit, buckshot cut out up twice" (from the new master p mixtape) he is still dope :D

begongo
08-13-2007, 03:23 PM
i saw the Black Moon - Behind The Moon documentary and they all seemed quite ignorant in my opinion ... buckshot did indeed seem not as retard as 5ft ... dj evil dee was ok ... i know a lot of y`all like buckshot so don`t hate ... maybe i`m just judging him the way i shouldn`t

TAURO
08-13-2007, 03:29 PM
He's in my top 50(trust that is not a diss, there is just alot of competion) he is also one of my favourates from boot camp but for me the best are Heltah Skeltah. Buck's chemistry album was dope though, I bump it every now and again.....a very nice album.

cap
08-13-2007, 03:29 PM
i dont know that much about buckshot (or bcc) but i do own the 'chemistry' album,and i have to say its pure dopeness!!
all bangas!!

CharlesJones
08-13-2007, 03:38 PM
Buckshot is one of my favorite mc's. I think he's the best in Boot Camp Click. I wish Black Moon would've released more albums than 3. Black Moon's How Many MC's song is my favorite by them. Buckshot cracked me up when he said on that song, bitch get off my dick. The video was gutter too. I miss hood videos like that. Rappers videos now are so wack.

TSA
08-14-2007, 04:03 PM
why does everyone like How Many Mc's ssoooooo much.

good song but there's way better on that album.

Slave, Got U Opin, Who Got The Props.... it's actually my least fav on the album.

still a great song though
but its everyone else's favorite.

CharlesJones
08-14-2007, 04:10 PM
How Many MC's is the hardest song on Enta Da Stage album. That's probably why Black Moon's fans like that song the most.

venex
08-14-2007, 04:19 PM
He's in my top 50(trust that is not a diss, there is just alot of competion) he is also one of my favourates from boot camp but for me the best are Heltah Skeltah. Buck's chemistry album was dope though, I bump it every now and again.....a very nice album.

yup, I gotta agree..

buckshot is nice though..

but heltah skeltah's nocturnal, is my fav album out of BCC...

I like Ruck more then Sean P...even though Sean P said that his style of mc'ing is better on his Sean P albums... I like Ruck more... the wordplay on their first album is sick...

Ruck is top 10 too me..sean P isn't top 20 IMO...

I don't know if this is weird..LOL

peace!

TAURO
08-14-2007, 04:26 PM
Im more of a fan of Rock.

BRONZBODY
08-14-2007, 04:49 PM
buck is ill top 20 for me

my fav black moon joint is blak smiff n wessun

LORD ZERO
08-14-2007, 06:24 PM
Hes Top 20 To Me, He Fell Of A Tad But Still Ill

xHard to Earnx
08-14-2007, 08:11 PM
Am I only one that things exciting and energetic when someone says "banga?" Because Chemistry is next level boring. Enjoyable, but it's so fucking dull.

bloodyhookz
08-14-2007, 08:13 PM
Buckshot's ill regardless what peeps say, he pioneered another level into the hiphop game, he deserves his props, and he's a real dude, no gimicks wit Buck!!

L~>1<~NKS
08-14-2007, 08:19 PM
bUCKSHOT WAS THAT DOOD BACK IN THE DAY. BUT I HATE TO SAY IT - HE SOUNDED LIKE STRAIGHT CACA/GARBAGE IN THE NEW BCC ALBUM. :yes:

Prolifical ENG
08-14-2007, 08:26 PM
BDI Thug was sick!

Top 50, yes and still...no diss.

noel411
08-14-2007, 08:41 PM
Definitely top 20, possibly top 10.

Best in BCC.

His performance on 'Chemistry' is one of the best performances I have ever heard on a hip hop album.

Polocash7
08-14-2007, 09:01 PM
not in my top 20 but still ill. His flow back in the 90's was ill. He's from my old 'hood. BCC used to perform on Seth Lo Da(the p.j's). Shit used to be dope back then

TSA
08-14-2007, 10:52 PM
buck is ill top 20 for me

my fav black moon joint is blak smiff n wessun

aiyo what's the joint that goes

"One time to the chest through the vest, F.A.P..Franklin Avenue Posse, You can't stop me cause my joints never sloppy, im always on point pack a joint and a burner, flip the scene comin from a Teen like Turner."

"Im a hardcore brother straight from the Ave, ask another question and you might get BLAST"

Act Like U Want it im guessing.

that's one of my top 5 rap songs ever.

TSA
08-14-2007, 10:54 PM
and whoever said he came off ignorant and thats what turned him off should check his catalog, almost all his lyrics are about guns on Enta Da Stage, never really was a "knowledge" rapper.

The beats sound super intellegent though, so when i heard them i expected one thing and got the other. The "hardness" of Enta Da Stage is really the only part i didn't like, but at the same time love it, it just through me off guard.(if that makes sense)

Durag
08-15-2007, 03:47 AM
Dope MC. His performance on Enta Da Stage is brilliant, hes got a good flow, delivery & lyrics same on Chemistry & to a lesser extent the other Black Moon albums. My personal fav outta da bcc would prob be Dah Shinnin'. Aint noone fuckin wit Tek & Steele on that album

PANDA PISS
08-15-2007, 12:19 PM
Hes definetly got a lack of topics, regardless his work with Black Moon is uniformly excellent.

He just does real hip hop, and he has an ingratiating flow, almost like an East coast Snoop feel with the laidback shit.

Longbongcilvaringz
08-15-2007, 12:23 PM
Definitely top 20, possibly top 10.

Best in BCC.

His performance on 'Chemistry' is one of the best performances I have ever heard on a hip hop album.

really?

he was a shadow of his former self for me, still decent, but definitely not one of the best performances ive ever heard.

Meta4
08-15-2007, 02:11 PM
I think he is the best in BCC tho :)

Better than Starang... Ruck was a contender back in the day.

I'd say that Sean Price was way nicer as Ruck than he is now. I always liked Ruck more than Rock. Then he went solo and everyone started dick-ridin like yo you was always the nicest. Price even said that people use to dickride Rock way more than him until he went solo.

Anyways I hope they get started on the new Black Moon album soon. Total Eclipse is fuckin ill.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
08-15-2007, 02:42 PM
while in great competition of course...the BCC is a great large group of talented MC's...

Dragondude_R
08-15-2007, 03:30 PM
Buck is still dope, but every now and then he should switch back to his old style. He sounds boring sometimes.

And Rock is the best BCC mc.

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
08-15-2007, 08:50 PM
he is fuckin dope and one of the first and illest with that kinda style

noel411
08-16-2007, 12:51 AM
really?

he was a shadow of his former self for me, still decent, but definitely not one of the best performances ive ever heard.
Yeah homie, deadset.

His lyrics were nothing special. Never have been. But his flow and delivery on that album are fucken sick. The way he worked around the beats was crazy. I have heard very few albums where the mc was so in tune with the beats. Especially modern albums. Most dudes these days just drop even bars in time with a beat doing the same loop for the length of a verse. Too focused on their lyrics which are mostly shit anyway. Not very creative.

Listen to tracks like 'Now A Dayz (That's What's Up)' and 'Side Talk'. That shit is true mc'ing.

I can't stress enough how outstanding I think Buck's performance on 'Chemistry' was. I realise pretty much nobody else is with me, but I really couldn't give half a shit.

Longbongcilvaringz
08-16-2007, 01:52 AM
wow, i know its your opinion and all but i though one of the main things about that album was how weak his delivery was in comparison with earlier shit.

'Now a Dayz' is probably my favourite track off the album, but i wouldnt say mc its anything special.

whatever though, its all opinion.

J.T.S.
08-16-2007, 11:15 AM
He has a fine ass asian girlfriend on his myspace page, besides that he's ahhhh alright!