PDA

View Full Version : Snoop's next album will have no guest rappers or singers... what you think?

HarlemDiplomat
08-16-2007, 12:35 AM
I know this is old news but what do you guys think of this?

Ego Trippin' is the upcoming album from Snoop Dogg. It will be his ninth solo album. It is due out this fall.

Snoop Dogg has stated that he is not working with any other rappers or singers for this record. "I'mma do the whole record, me by myself. I don't want no guest rappers, no singers, nothing. Just Snoop Dogg. I want you to feel me. When I think of all the greats before me...I bought Rakim's album the other day for the hundredth time, no guest rappers. I bought one of KRS-One's albums the other day for the hundredth time, no guest rappers..."[
http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.5159/title.snoop-going-completely-solo-on-next-album

TSA
08-16-2007, 12:39 AM
Good.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
08-16-2007, 01:28 AM
its about time we see the full scope of the dogggfathers range as an emcee

The Hound
08-16-2007, 02:28 AM
now all he needs is dre on the boards and smoke and ounce a marijuana and give us some more doggystyle action

GENERAL WISE
08-16-2007, 02:41 AM
Finally no R.Kelly singing the hook.

GSTYLE
08-16-2007, 04:02 AM
id personally prefer him to keep Nate Dogg, Dre, Kurupt, Daz, Warren G - the entire DPGC on the project. if he is going to be keeping 100% of the mic time, i hope he gets top notch production from Dre and the rest to make sure he can pull it off, weak beats with only snoop rapping will get boring real quick

DR. NICK RIVIERA
08-16-2007, 04:58 AM
after the blue carptment treatment this will a banger, cuz I'm feeling Snoop again...

TAURO
08-16-2007, 05:15 AM
His last album was quite good....this will be interesting.

lips
08-16-2007, 07:56 AM

GSTYLE
08-16-2007, 08:49 AM
Snoop does understand the game, come on, he had back to back, nothing less than platinum albums for damn near 15 years, the only other rappers that i can think of in that category, well, its probably just Jay Z who is still hot with nothin but platinum in todays game. Snoop deserves credit for that. But i also got a lot of respect for snoop when he said sometimes u need to do an album for the hood, fuck the sales, u gotta let ur hardcore fans know ur still with them and in return they will never abandon u. that was real, and i think that underlines his longstanding successful career.

Meta4
08-16-2007, 11:26 AM
This is the same thing Kanye sai about his album. I can guarantee the label he's on won't allow it.

venex
08-16-2007, 11:40 AM
His last album was quite good....this will be interesting.

yeaaahh... his last album was very nice !!! except the guests..

6 Brix
08-16-2007, 12:08 PM
Good.

co-sign

tragedykhadafi12
08-16-2007, 01:05 PM
I think its a good idea

Masta Chilla
08-16-2007, 01:10 PM
yeah i like the idea, too.
and after that i want another, better 213 album

brown_dogg
08-16-2007, 01:55 PM
This sounds good, but I hope he picks some good producers too.

12weLvE
08-16-2007, 03:57 PM
I am a big snoop supporter, i ll be copping this.

Rame
08-16-2007, 04:09 PM
This will probably be as boring as his last few albums, if not more.

Snoop is stuck in wackness and sounds the same in every song he does.

CharlesJones
08-16-2007, 04:44 PM
I agree with Rame. Snoop has been wack for a long time. Doggystyle is the only good album he did in my opinion.

TAURO
08-16-2007, 05:21 PM
I agree with Rame. Snoop has been wack for a long time. Doggystyle is the only good album he did in my opinion.

Why am I not suprised by your response.

CharlesJones
08-16-2007, 05:31 PM
I can't help it if i feel that way about Snoop. Every album he's done after Doggystyle hasn't been good to me. Top Dogg album was pretty good but the rest of his albums suck. Snoop needs Dr Dre to do all of his beats because when he works with other producers, their beats don't complement him as well as Dre's beats. That's why Doggystyle was so tight because of Dre's beats.

TAURO
08-16-2007, 05:33 PM
I can't help it if i feel that way about Snoop. Every album he's done after Doggystyle hasn't been good to me. Top Dogg album was pretty good but the rest of his albums suck. Snoop needs Dr Dre to do all of his beats because when he works with other producers, their beats don't complement him as well as Dre's beats. That's why Doggystyle was so tight because of Dre's beats.

I know what you are saying but you say the same shit about every rapper that came out in the ninties that still does shit, change your tune man...lol

Also Snoops "Last Meal" album had Dre production and it was dope imo.

CharlesJones
08-16-2007, 05:44 PM
I can't help it if i'm not feeling a lot of the 90's rappers that are still doing music. The 90's rappers that are still doing music have wack beats now and it pisses me off because when i listen to albums, i know there's gonna be a lot of songs that i'm not gonna like because of the wack beats. I like hardcore beats and most rappers don't have hardcore beats on every song and Snoop is one of those rappers who's beats have been wack for a long time. Dr Dre didn't handle all of the production on The Last Meal album.

TAURO
08-16-2007, 05:49 PM
Then don't listen then if thats how you feel.....move on, theres plenty of mc's that still kick that real shit. I just think you are starting to sound like a broken record, you say the same shit in nearly every post you type.

I didn't say he did all the production but what he did was great and was almost on a par with Top Dogg....well almost.

CITY ZEEKER
08-16-2007, 06:22 PM
maybe it is an attempt to put snoop on point ONCE AGAIN...

drunken jesus
08-30-2007, 02:12 PM
he won't have any guest rappers or singers but he'll definately have some co-writers & ghostwriters, probably D.O.C. again, he wrote alot of blue carpet treatment

Kick_Back
08-30-2007, 02:44 PM
Take it back to the roots snoop!

Alcryt
08-30-2007, 03:12 PM
I'll be interested to hear how this turns out, i actually wish more artists tried making albums with less or no guest appearences, especially when its singers lol.

Cee Oh Vee
08-30-2007, 03:45 PM
Back in the day when snoop made songs like "Nuthin but a G thang", (probably before i was born).. He was a great rapper, ya nuh. But now i think he's a bitch. He's featured on everyones track, or everyones featured on his track, mostly bitch singers.. i'm glad to hear he can do things by himself again. Hope it's not a dissapointment.

Jeru
08-30-2007, 03:52 PM
Back in the day when snoop made songs like "Nuthin but a G thang", (probably before i was born).. He was a great rapper, ya nuh. But now i think he's a bitch. He's featured on everyones track, or everyones featured on his track, mostly bitch singers.. i'm glad to hear he can do things by himself again. Hope it's not a dissapointment.

Blue Carpet Treatment was a solid effort IMO despite the guests

Rame
08-30-2007, 04:03 PM
Then don't listen then if thats how you feel.....move on, theres plenty of mc's that still kick that real shit. I just think you are starting to sound like a broken record, you say the same shit in nearly every post you type.

I didn't say he did all the production but what he did was great and was almost on a par with Top Dogg....well almost.

He's right though, a lot of 90's mc's fell off.

Ofcourse you shouldn't listen to them if you don't like it but it can be dissapointing.

WuGambino
08-30-2007, 04:08 PM
he won't have any guest rappers or singers but he'll definately have some co-writers & ghostwriters, probably D.O.C. again, he wrote alot of blue carpet treatment

I did not know that. That's a shame seeing as some of the classic tracks like Deep Cover that he wrote all of by himself (I think :p) ... most rappers' lyrics improve over time. Maybe he's dumbed them down intentionally and with this album he might bring it back...? Well I can dream.