PDA

View Full Version : O'reilly Dissing One Of Hip Hop's Golden Son

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
08-16-2007, 10:53 AM
Bill O'Reilly Attacks Nas, Calls Him a "gangster rapper"

http://blogs.sohh.com/nyc/bill_Oreilly.jpg
Nas has now surpassed the highest level on the meter. Anytime a conservative journalist gets on the airwaves and starts talking about a rap artist, then you know what time it is. That journalist? Bill O'Reilly, of course. Who never has his facts straight about hip-hop, of course.
At first I thought this was just some kind of rumor that some Nas stan started, because the SOHH Community is full of relentless thread starters who live each day to write about Hip-Hop is Dead and It Was Written. But after seeing these discussions popping up on numerous other message boards all over the 'net, it must be true. Then I checked O'Reilly's website.
August 15, 2007 "If you would like to express your outrage at the inclusion of a violent "gangsta" rapper in a memorial concert at Virginia Tech this September, feel free to contact the university's president."-- Bill O'Reilly's Blog (http://www.billoreilly.com/blog;jsessionid=9F80BBEB93D809D26394B627CEE7C3A9?a ction=viewBlog&blogID=-884540671332294282)
Apparently, O'Reilly was on his radio show addressing--and blasting-- the fact that Nas is supposed to be performing at the once blood-bath plagued Virgina Tech (http://www.sohh.com/articles/article.php/12237)-- despite the fact that Nas has a guns possession and other criminal offenses record tucked away in his Queensbridge Criminal Era files. But in addition to O'Reilly being oblivious to the fact that Nas is a socially conscious rapper, isn't O'Reilly the one that got that Pepsi endorsement snatched from Ludacris because of his "cursing in his lyrics"-- only for Pepsi to give the opportunity to the potty-mouthed Osbournes? And what's with him labeling Nas a "gangster" rapper? How do people who know nothing about these artists even get the audacity to speak on them? And why do people listen? Maybe because the people who side with O'Reilly don't listen to rap music. Of course.
I'm not necessarily blasting O'Reilly for addressing Nas-- that's his prerogative. But what I don't understand is how the lack of knowledge of the subject you're discussing is more obvious than your actual argument. When that happens, it's time to pull up the net-- or a book-- for some facts. Otherwise, your opinion isn't relevant.

NORMALLY I DON'T RESPOND TO BLOG, ETC. BUT WHEN YOU ATTACK A LEGENDARY EMCEE SUCH AS NAS THERES A LINE IN THE SAND HAS BEEN DRAWN. AND WHAT MAKE IT WORST IS THIS ISN'T BILL'S FIRST TIME ATTACK HIP HOP FROM DAME DASH TO CAM'RON TO LUDACRIS (LEAD TO PEPSI SPONSER GETTING YANKED) AND THE LIST GOES ON BUT DOWN TO FACTS BILL O'RELIEY IS EVERYTHING THAT GROUPS LIKE PUBLIC ENEMY STAND FOR AND THIS SUCKER IS STRAIGHT RACIST. BECAUSE HE ATTACKS EVERYTHING AND EVEN FOX NEWS ATTACKS EVERYTHING THAT DOESN'T FIT THERE LITTLE IDEA OF WHAT IS MORAL IN AMERICA. BUT WHAT PISSES ME OFF IS WERE SO BUSY MOANING ABOUT THE "N" WORD THAT WE'RE NOT DEALING WITH THESE PEOPLE WHO ARE TRYING TARNISH OUR REPUTATION AS AFRICAN AMERICANS AND AS HIP HOP CULTURE.

Meta4
08-16-2007, 10:57 AM
O' Reilly is a faggot and he's one dude I wouldn't mind going to jail for beating his bitch ass to a pulp.

tical2000
08-16-2007, 11:55 AM
as much as I hate Bill O'Reilly and think he is a douchebag, I think he may have a point here.....

For a concert for students and families who have been affected by gun violence, I dont think Nas is a good choice......like is NAS going to play "got yourself a gun"???? Or any of his other songs that mentions violence....like I would not even want to hear songs mentioning guns at that concert...

I think it is too soon for NAS to play there, 2 years down the road, I would not have a problem with it, but it is too soon

DJMethods
08-16-2007, 11:59 AM
Why do people even publicise this fuckwit? Ignore the cunt

benzo
08-16-2007, 12:14 PM
Nas has been one of the few that has always balanced his streets records with records made to uplift and overcome. Why not use his status and popularity for good? Besides, who the fuck in the entertainment industry doesn't have skeletons in their closet?

Exodus
08-16-2007, 12:28 PM
fucking hypocrite

dude needs to stick to playing with his vibrator

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/1013043mackris14.html

beautifulrock
08-16-2007, 12:52 PM
new Bill O'reilly fan art

http://chaosdefiler.xmgimage.com/client_images/3195/World_Trade_Center2_Kopie.jpg

Hi there! My fine Muslim friend!

Longbongcilvaringz
08-16-2007, 01:41 PM
^haha

anyway, stop making o'reily a celebrity and this shit wont happen.

americans love the guy

crass
08-16-2007, 01:53 PM
Bill O'Reilly is stupid, but if anybody here doesn't think that rappers (Nas included) and hip-hop in general have a retarded infatuation with guns and violence, then they're ig'nant..

NY_Mami
08-16-2007, 02:56 PM
Everybody is a ganster rapper to O'Rielly.... he gettin' his panties in a bunch over Nas..... classic....

DJMethods
08-16-2007, 02:58 PM
Bill O'Reilly is stupid, but if anybody here doesn't think that rappers (Nas included) and hip-hop in general have a retarded infatuation with guns and violence, then they're ig'nant..

Haha mate, then he should be ripping into the whole of America pretty much.

Urban_Journalz
08-16-2007, 03:01 PM
as much as I hate Bill O'Reilly and think he is a douchebag, I think he may have a point here.....

For a concert for students and families who have been affected by gun violence, I dont think Nas is a good choice......like is NAS going to play "got yourself a gun"???? Or any of his other songs that mentions violence....like I would not even want to hear songs mentioning guns at that concert...

I think it is too soon for NAS to play there, 2 years down the road, I would not have a problem with it, but it is too soon

I think that "I Gave You Power" would be a better choice to perform, since in that song, he's speaking as a firearm that's unhappy with what his owners use him for. That would get the message across better and more deeply.

On a lighter note, fuck Bill O' Reily.

I'll be glad when he's dead.

SWAMP WATER
08-16-2007, 03:45 PM
O' Reilly is a faggot and he's one dude I wouldn't mind going to jail for beating his bitch ass to a pulp.

Co sign!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!