PDA

View Full Version : Killah Priest The Offering

Secca
08-16-2007, 11:08 PM
This LP is a classic there is only 1 joint that I dont like too much. There are 17 tracks total including one of the illest intros I ever heard. His rhymes are on another level and after hearing this Lp I can truly say that lyrically at this moment I dont see no emcee in the game nicer then him not even the Wu brothers can match his rhymes!!!

"GO COP THE LP"

Best 3 track imo

1. Uprising- Dope track with some hard drums the beat sounds like a Bronze beat.
2. Standstill fet Bloodsport,Immortal Technique, Tech destroys this track with crazy verse!!!
3. Ghetto Jezus- KP writing on this track is so vivid feels like a movie!!!

the silencer
08-16-2007, 11:24 PM
it leaked?

Chrism70
08-17-2007, 03:28 AM
Asalaam Alikum

Just found this..............

deleted link

..............looks like you may have to pay for it though.

But at least it gives us the tracklisting.

Yo Bro Secca.............is the Angels track the same one as on YouTube? And is Nightfall on there? The one posted on here a while back?

There the 2 best tracks I heard from Priest in years!!

lips
08-17-2007, 03:30 AM
Fuckin' Absolutely Insane Album!!! True Classic!

money4life
08-17-2007, 04:03 AM
Asalaam Alikum

Just found this..............

deleted link

..............looks like you may have to pay for it though.

But at least it gives us the tracklisting.

Yo Bro Secca.............is the Angels track the same one as on YouTube? And is Nightfall on there? The one posted on here a while back?

There the 2 best tracks I heard from Priest in years!!

DONT WORK.

Suga Duga
08-17-2007, 04:04 AM
^^it works, just dl it

Chrism70
08-17-2007, 04:08 AM
I NEED!!!! that Angels track, is it the same one!!??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEkNU17_GW0

Im pulling my hair out here wanting to know before I purchase the album!!

lol

money4life
08-17-2007, 04:52 AM
I NEED!!!! that Angels track, is it the same one!!??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEkNU17_GW0

Im pulling my hair out here wanting to know before I purchase the album!!

lol

ITS A NEW TRACK

Chrism70
08-17-2007, 04:55 AM
ITS A NEW TRACK

Bugger!!

So who would like to post a quick review then? And what about the Nightfall track............the track where he is born as a Messiah and crawls out his mothers mouth...............?

~ę~
08-17-2007, 05:55 AM
The song ANGELS from YOUTUBE is an OLD song from THE WELCOME EP.

THE OFFERING is amazing. MUST BUY!

Durag
08-17-2007, 06:00 AM
Is 'Through Milleniums' not on it? That is one of my favouite Priests songs and it is one of the deepest songs i have ever heard from him. Its a fuckin amazing track i was full sure it would be on this

Chrism70
08-17-2007, 06:03 AM
The song ANGELS from YOUTUBE is an OLD song from THE WELCOME EP.

THE OFFERING is amazing. MUST BUY!

Is this available on the net anywhere to buy?

Anyway bugger that for now...........I want a review of the Offering now!! I have to wait till next week to get it for real!!

jsofunky
08-17-2007, 06:08 AM
where are the MOD's here man, i cant beleive you just posted a full upload of the album? thats bad, u will be the first to complain that its been 5 years since a Priest album but now he has dropped one you have basically given it out for free, instead of posting one or 2 songs so ppl can go out there and support priest by buying the album.

Chrism70
08-17-2007, 06:09 AM
where are the MOD's here man, i cant beleive you just posted a full upload of the album? thats bad, u will be the first to complain that its been 5 years since a Priest album but now he has dropped one you have basically given it out for free, instead of posting one or 2 songs so ppl can go out there and support priest by buying the album.

I posted the link yes, but I wasnt the one who told you it was leaked. All you had to do was google it and you would of found it, blame the Brother who started this post if you want to sound off at anyone.

Secca
08-17-2007, 10:04 AM
I posted the link yes, but I wasnt the one who told you it was leaked. All you had to do was google it and you would of found it, blame the Brother who started this post if you want to sound off at anyone.

Why me? }:T

money4life
08-17-2007, 10:23 AM
ya'll should support priest and buy this album. Don't just download the album. Great LP like this should be supported and 1 must own a real copy.

L~>1<~NKS
08-17-2007, 10:29 AM
MAWDZ.... SMITE THEM!

venex
08-17-2007, 10:44 AM
ya'll should support priest and buy this album. Don't just download the album. Great LP like this should be supported and 1 must own a real copy.

woooowwww.... none of us knew that....

stop saying that bullshit..it gets boring..

i'm gonna download the album too...as soon as I find it in a shop I will buy it (IF it is worth buying..but I don't doubt this:b)

Kong
08-17-2007, 11:02 AM
Theres a link on rl but i'm going to wait for this one.

TurnThePage
08-17-2007, 11:18 AM
album is a fuckin true classic.

im coppin two copies.

Shaolin Bloody Sword
08-17-2007, 11:52 AM

The album must already be all over the internet !!!! Even the police can't stop albums from leaking :nonono: U have no idea how powerful bootleggers are in today's world.

SikoCeLL
08-17-2007, 12:09 PM
How the fuck do these boots get a grips of this shit.. Laugh out drool!

Anyway Fuck Killah Priest, i'm gonna bootleg the shit out of this boy, i'm gonna make copys for all my homeboys and homegirls, yea that's right! i blame Killah Priest for letting his shit slip anyway, fuck him!

P.S. nah i'm joking, that's brutally harsh on the fella.... FUCK EVERYONE WHO HAS DOWNLOADED THIS!!! YOU AIN@T SUPPORTING SHIT!!! EAT SHIT!

GodFather
08-17-2007, 12:26 PM
yo can someone post that through millinums song, never hears it--and that other songs from that ep--i need this please

Shaolin Bloody Sword
08-17-2007, 12:54 PM
How the fuck do these boots get a grips of this shit.. Laugh out drool!

Anyway Fuck Killah Priest, i'm gonna bootleg the shit out of this boy, i'm gonna make copys for all my homeboys and homegirls, yea that's right! i blame Killah Priest for letting his shit slip anyway, fuck him!

P.S. nah i'm joking, that's brutally harsh on the fella.... FUCK EVERYONE WHO HAS DOWNLOADED THIS!!! YOU AIN@T SUPPORTING SHIT!!! EAT SHIT!

I downloaded it, but i will buy it....Priest has been one of my favorites since day 1 !!!

Come Honor Face
08-17-2007, 12:55 PM
LOL @ peniskopf

Novel T
08-17-2007, 01:43 PM
I sooooo cannot wait to hear the fuckin track w/Technique. He's the main reason I'm looking forward to coppin the Priest album. I would get it regardless, but now I gotta get it RIGHT AWAY!

Erquel
08-17-2007, 02:13 PM
rolled that good one and then started
listening to offering
it's fucking amazing

DJMethods
08-17-2007, 02:30 PM
DEFINATELY buying this shit. Downloaded it cause it wont drop here for so long, but fuck, this album is hot as fuck. Priest is sick, good year for Wu and fam this year.

urban_angel
08-17-2007, 02:40 PM
damn...I've been waiting on this for too long! I'm definitely gona buy this, Priest is my favourite MC!!! I'm so glad it's here.....FINALLY!!!
p

OTB
08-17-2007, 02:58 PM
another way to support priest iz to go to hiz show when he blessez your town-

emceez make nice cream touring, so dont feel 2 bad downloadin joints-

but DO feel bad if you miss out on the real art of emceein, ROCKIN A CROWD LIVE-

morgan
08-17-2007, 03:10 PM
damn...I've been waiting on this for too long! I'm definitely gona buy this, Priest is my favourite MC!!! I'm so glad it's here.....FINALLY!!!
p

and you didnt pop on msn and tell me????

shame on you haha

I WILL BUY THIS TOO HOPE EVERYONE BUYS IT TOO IF ITS GOOD

oDoUoSoKo
08-17-2007, 04:12 PM
which version of Gunz is on there?

Meta4
08-17-2007, 04:36 PM
I knew I'd cop this shit since "Heavy Mental" dropped. And shame on anyone who dl'ds this and doesn't cop the real thing.

Chief 'Broom
08-17-2007, 04:45 PM
got my joint ordered

oDoUoSoKo
08-17-2007, 04:47 PM
Is Gun For Gun The Remixed Version Or The 4th Dis. One?

FiRe WaTeR
08-17-2007, 04:57 PM
no way it's a classic. Swizz Beatz shit is better than this.

beeboy
08-17-2007, 05:00 PM
no way it's a classic. Swizz Beatz shit is better than this.

:stroke:

TurnThePage
08-17-2007, 05:36 PM
"osirus eyes" is the last evidence i needed..

this dude is on some complete other shit.

unreal

FasterBlade
08-17-2007, 05:39 PM
this is reallly ill

only real letdown is 4th gave him the old Cilva-Energy beat for the 4 Horsemen track. but all in all beatwise on the first few listens its very good, and he sounds as hungry as ever.

11th Chamber
08-17-2007, 06:31 PM
im buying it. Hopefully the majority of you do the same

oDoUoSoKo
08-17-2007, 07:27 PM
im buying it, its so fucking dope....gonna be hard to fuck with this Wu....we'll see.

oDoUoSoKo
08-17-2007, 07:40 PM
this shit is so consistent, each track is sick.

the silencer
08-17-2007, 08:57 PM
this shit is incredible

oDoUoSoKo
08-17-2007, 08:59 PM
eloels^^ i know bro...who produced on this shit? this is def. better than razah's shit and IMO Cilvaringz' shit.

the silencer
08-17-2007, 09:15 PM
just finished listening to every track.....a few songs had me like screamin and buggin out cuz Priest just exploded lyrically on here...his flow on every song is amazing and he just lyrically murders everything..

i will say this hands down n u can quote me on this: Killah Priest is the illest lyricist right now (and possibly ever).

and he totally was on point on this entire album...

Inner G--->i LOVE the old 4th beat and im ecstatic that he used it....PRIEST DESTROYED THIS TRACK...listenin to his verse im thinking like, "there is really is no other human being on this planet who makes rhymes for a living (or even for a hobby) who can touch this man"...he is the KING of all emcees, of this i have no doubt..
the other Horsemen were a little bit of a dissapointment tho, there flows were slow n lyrically OK...i have a feeling Priest might've switched the beat after having them record on a slower one cuz he just flipped out n killed everything with a mean flow n then the song just slows down...

here's the tracklist, everybody get this and spread it around....i have a feeling this is gonna be like a revolutionary album, gonna change things...

1. The Offering (intro) - prod by MOD The Black Marvel for Godzwrath Productions
2. Salvation - prod by Arythmetic
3. Gun For Gun f/ Nas - prod by Kount Fif
4. How Many - prod by Subliminal
5. Uprising - prod by Shakim Allah
6. Melodic Pt. 2 f/ Hell Razah - prod by Jordan River Banks
7. Priesthood - prod by DJ Sane 720
8. InnerG f/ Ras Kass, Canibus & Kurupt - prod by 4th Disciple
9. Ghetto Jezuz - prod by Jordan River Banks
10. The Offering - prod by Chucky Madness
11. Truth b Told - prod by Jordan River Banks
12. Osirus Eyes - prod by Ciph Barker for Godzwrath Productions
13. Standstill f/ Blood Sport & Immortal Technique - prod by Ciph Barker for Godzwrath Productions
14. PJs f/ Zariya aka Z-Man - prod by Ben Grymm for Now & Laterz Productions
15. Happy f/ Stori James prod by Shakim Allah
16. Essential - prod by DJ Huggy
17. BONUS: Till Thee Angels Come f/ Hell Razah & Ambassador - prod by Sam Sneed

GET IT!!

oDoUoSoKo
08-17-2007, 09:19 PM
eloels, only time will tell.

money4life
08-17-2007, 09:26 PM
just finished listening to every track.....a few songs had me like screamin and buggin out cuz Priest just exploded lyrically on here...his flow on every song is amazing and he just lyrically murders everything..

i will say this hands down n u can quote me on this: Killah Priest is the illest lyricist right now (and possibly ever).

and he totally was on point on this entire album...

Inner G--->i LOVE the old 4th beat and im ecstatic that he used it....PRIEST DESTROYED THIS TRACK...listenin to his verse im thinking like, "there is really is no other human being on this planet who makes rhymes for a living (or even for a hobby) who can touch this man"...he is the KING of all emcees, of this i have no doubt..
the other Horsemen were a little bit of a dissapointment tho, there flows were slow n lyrically OK...i have a feeling Priest might've switched the beat after having them record on a slower one cuz he just flipped out n killed everything with a mean flow n then the song just slows down...

here's the tracklist, everybody get this and spread it around....i have a feeling this is gonna be like a revolutionary album, gonna change things...

1. The Offering (intro) - prod by MOD The Black Marvel for Godzwrath Productions
13. Standstill f/ Blood Sport & Immortal Technique - prod by Ciph Barker for Godzwrath Productions
14. PJs f/ Zariya aka Z-Man - prod by Ben Grymm for Now & Laterz Productions

GET IT!!

I FEEL YOU BRO. COP THAT ALBUM.

wuswordz95
08-17-2007, 09:59 PM
oh shit im gonna buy it. is it out now. iwant to download it but my compo wont let me.

oDoUoSoKo
08-17-2007, 10:40 PM
tuesd.

TurnThePage
08-18-2007, 12:17 AM
best.lyricist.ever.

Tomb
08-18-2007, 10:36 AM
Please respect the work of Killah Priest and any other artist and do not download leaked trax from the internet! The Mod team will prosecute members that are posting download links here on the board.

oDoUoSoKo
08-18-2007, 12:52 PM
relax, tomb..im buying a copy or 2.

L~>1<~NKS
08-18-2007, 01:02 PM
^^^ C/S wif TOMB support Priest.

This dood I know downloaded the album and 1ne werd can describe the album as a whole...............WOW..... then I scolded him for downloadin the shit!

Those melodic beats are incredible Priest is on point wif his rhymes, the guests did they thing. Incredible bangaz like Osirus Eyes prolly my fav on there.

You need to smoke a couple of fatties wif this 1ne especially with those melodic tracks suuuuuuu yo, Im tellin yawl there's sum tracks that had me all emotional and shit felt like I had a lump in mah throat. That wus up - that's that HIP HOP!!! Fuck that,

Fiyah album definatley gets mah Near Classic Stamp.

P.E.A.C.E. to Priest.

GENERAL WISE
08-18-2007, 01:29 PM
I only heard KP, Ras Kass, Canibus, and Kurupt - inner G off

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/audio/id.2891/title.killah-priest-f-ras-kass-canibus-kurupt-inner-g

Click on it, its hiphopdx.com stream track, no leak.

I hope this does not dissapoint, not that KP has before but High hopes = High expectations.

Chrism70
08-18-2007, 01:34 PM
SIXSHOT ALBUM REVIEW - Killah Priest - The Offering

I first heard Killah Priest's unique flow and style on B.I.B.L.E (Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth) and then on other projects like the Horsemen Project (the supergroup comprising of Killah Priest, Kurupt, Ras Kass and Canibus). Killah Priest comes hard on this album with a number of guest spots and still infuses the gangster rap with stories of far lands, theological and biblical references and unconventional metaphors. It is an unparalleled combination, but only a lyricist with as much skill and respect as Killah Priest can pull it off.

"My brains a replica of Mecca, my mind holds the secrets of Egypt
However I stay on some street shit..."
Killah Priest - Osirus' Eyes

"Uprising" stands out to me on the album, with the beat composed of sped-up-vocals in the background and a hard bass which go immaculately with Priest's flow and intelligent rhymes. The joint with Nas is hot as always, with both flows reppin New York to the fullest and showing what real hip hop is really about. However, the joint "Inner G" with other members of the Horsemen Project is a complete let down. The beat is terrible, and Priest is the only rapper on it to save face with his flow. It seems unconceivable but it sounds like Ras Kass, Canibus and Kurupt all fell off on the same song.

"I'm like Tutankhamen with the tools in my garment"
Killah Priest - Gun for Gun

The melodic piano beats create an eerie atmosphere where Killah Priest finds his ground to drop knowledge and gangster rap on both "Ghetto Jesus" and "Osirus Eyes". In my opinion these two are the best songs on the album. With an album like this coming out of New York, its a wonder how people say that it fell off and how joints like 'This is Why I'm Hot' by Mims sells more than this old fashioned pure and raw hip hop.
Notable tracks: Ghetto Jesus, Osirus Eyes, Till Thee Angels Come, Gun for Gun

In conclusion, this is real hip hop and a real rap. If you're into intelligent lyrics that represent the block as well as stimulate your mind, and you're sick of the 99% of bullshit hip hop out right now, then cop this. If you happy with dumbed down music, then stay away 'cause this might make your head ache...

Source: http://www.sixshot.com/print.asp?id=7704

V4D3R
08-18-2007, 03:05 PM
Iz Sik !!!

the silencer
08-18-2007, 09:34 PM
im gonna save my full review for when the album officially drops...gotta see this stained-glass cover

but i'll just say again that this shit is fire from beginning to end.....GREAT album...
Priest is just too great on here, he kills every single track..

GZAtheGeNiUS
08-19-2007, 12:29 AM
Best album since Heavy Mental. "How Many" = song of the year

wuswordz95
08-19-2007, 01:30 AM
3 more days

Dirty Knowledge
08-19-2007, 01:52 AM
I only heard KP, Ras Kass, Canibus, and Kurupt - inner G off

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/audio/id.2891/title.killah-priest-f-ras-kass-canibus-kurupt-inner-g (http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/audio/id.2891/title.killah-priest-f-ras-kass-canibus-kurupt-inner-g)

Kurupt did not come prepared on that track... he just seemed outta place at the end. But this track sounds dope overall, can't wait till TUESDAY!

Erquel
08-19-2007, 02:01 AM
this album is totally classic
it would be standing right next to "Great Migration" on my "classic albums shelve"
mine copy is coming in two weeks
can't wait

Erquel
08-19-2007, 02:02 AM
im gonna save my full review for when the album officially drops...gotta see this stained-glass cover

but i'll just say again that this shit is fire from beginning to end.....GREAT album...
Priest is just too great on here, he kills every single track..

co-sign
the only letdown is horsemen track

wuswordz95
08-19-2007, 04:48 PM
2 more days man I dont think best buy will carry this album, some record shop next to my job will likely carry it for an expensive price of 1899.

Guarded By Martyrs
08-19-2007, 05:05 PM
I'm gonna wait till tuesday but it is so tempting to peep it...
but I will not give in and ruin it for myself.

Really good reviews^ ~

Boads welll for this.

One and Only
08-19-2007, 07:09 PM
Fire! PRIESTS FLOW IS INSANE ON EVERY TRACK. KP is one of my favorite rappers but sometimes his flow isn't the best but on this he comes with the flow and lyrics on every track. Great album

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
08-19-2007, 07:10 PM
some stores already broke wit street date i wished i had the choppy to cop it

TAURO
08-19-2007, 08:05 PM
Im so tempted but I refuse to download this, im just gonna hold out so that the first time I hear this, will be on my system waaayy up.

Guarded By Martyrs
08-19-2007, 08:09 PM
Im so tempted but I refuse to download this, im just gonna hold out so that the first time I hear this, will be on my system waaayy up.

Yeah I couldn't agree more I've waited for years for this...
The same goes for 8 Diagrams~

TurnThePage
08-19-2007, 09:18 PM
osirus eyes is fuckin crazy. like real crazy.

heres a sample of some of the offering.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KH383ehvPXo

6what131
08-19-2007, 11:03 PM
ive bumped the offering 3x 2day and im liking it more and more each time. here a quick review 4 those who havent heard it.

The Offering (Intro)-5/5
Salvation-4.5/5- kinda annoying hook prevents it from a 5
Gun For Gun (feat. Nas)-5/5
How Many-3/5- nice lyrics, dont really like the beat
Uprising-5/5
Melodic Pt. 2 (feat. Hell Razah)-5/5
Priesthood-4/5
Inner G (feat. Ras Kass, Canibus & Kurupt)-3/5-average beat, kurupt dosent belong
Ghetto Jezus-5/5
The Offering-5/5
Truth B Told-5/5
Osirus Eyes-5/5
Standstill (feat. Bloodsport & Immortal Technique)-4.5/5-growing on me
PJS (feat. Zariya)-4/5
Happy-5/5-my favorite track, maybe song of the year
Essential-5/5-amazing lyrics
Til Thee Angels Come (feat. Blackmarket)-3/5

overall-4.5/5-definitly in the running 4 album of the year. lyrics are a 5/5 the whole way, theres about 3 or 4 beats that are just o.k. definitly going to the coinstar wit some change and coppin this on tuesday

GhettoGnom
08-20-2007, 06:52 AM
dope.... nuff said,...

Hayabusa
08-20-2007, 09:47 AM
I'm buying this and Talib Kweli tomorrow. everyone else should do the same. would be real nice if we can help them top the charts like we did Common.

Hayabusa
08-20-2007, 09:52 AM
ON anthoer note there really isn't anything ethically wrong if u download a leaked grouprip if u know you are gonna buy it. IMHO a grouprip is gonna be much higher quaility than if I try to rip it myself since i don't know which programs to use and how to best optimize them. I always grouprip of albums I am going to buy or albums i've already bought.

Bis Fan
08-20-2007, 12:25 PM
Bis And Priest need to drop a LP together and kick Ras and Kurupt out of the Horsemen

sorry fellas :)

Bis Fan
08-20-2007, 12:26 PM
If Oz music has this I'm buying it

nuff said

GhettoGnom
08-20-2007, 01:24 PM
Bis And Priest need to drop a LP together and kick Ras and Kurupt out of the Horsemen

sorry fellas :)

They better add Chino XL & Pharoahe Monch then..

Dr Sleepwalker
08-20-2007, 05:39 PM
2morow baby!!... i'll break down a rating when I pick up my copy 2morow..
Pumped as a mother fucker... my boy told me Its too nice.... can't wait..

pea2e

GENERAL WISE
08-20-2007, 07:41 PM
LYrics: 92% (KP's verses are sick, but his hooks are pretty annoying esp: PriestHood)
Beats: 84% (Hits and misses, Melodic pt2 is def a beast)
Overall: 88%

9/10

Great album

This is how I rate Kp's albums.

1. Heavy Mental 10/10....Underground Classic
2. Black August Revisted 9/10....Eerie beats make this album)
3. The Offering 9/10....VERY SOLID, each track is sick (believe it or not but Gun 4 Gun is my least favorite track and that alone lyrically is a 5/5)
4. Black August 8/10
5. Priesthood 7.5/10
6. View from Masada 7.5/10

The offering is tied for 2nd, but I gave #2 to Revisted because it stood the test of time.

Of course my feeling for this album can change at any time...

wuswordz95
08-20-2007, 07:46 PM
one more day well technically 22 hours for me

THE W
08-20-2007, 08:25 PM
i received a PM from chambermusik staff that there was a DL link for this album. i was coming up in here ready to ban fools but the link was deleted. lucky for the guy who posted the link cuz your ass would've been grass if i got here beforehand.

to those who got it before the link was axed and seem to like it. is it REALLY THAT good??? i see people praising this album like its the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ.

GENERAL WISE
08-20-2007, 11:26 PM
I downloaded the album and It will grow on you....

1st listen - 7/10
2nd listen - 8.5/10
3rd listen - 9/10
4th listen - 9/10

~ę~
08-21-2007, 12:35 AM
The Offering (Intro) - 4.5/5
Salvation - 5/5
Gun For Gun - 3.5/5
How Many - 4.5/5
Uprising-5/5
Melodic - 5/5
Priesthood - 4.5/5
Inner G - 3.5/5
Ghetto Jezus - 5/5
The Offering - 5/5
Truth B Told - 5/5
Osirus Eyes - 4.5/5
Stand Still - 5/5
PJ'S - 4/5
Happy - 4.5/5
Essential - 5/5
Till Thee Angels Come - 5/5

Lyrics: 95%
Beats: 88%
Overall: 90+%

Hayabusa
08-21-2007, 03:52 AM
Damn heyzeus that dude in your sig has the fattest pussy i've ever seen...

Kong
08-21-2007, 07:44 AM
Mine Needs To Hurry Up At Get Here.

GhettoGnom
08-21-2007, 10:29 AM
Damn heyzeus that dude in your sig has the fattest pussy i've ever seen...

lmao... (word though)

And it's not the second coming of jesus christ, but it's absolutely in top 3 Killah Priest releases :P

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
08-21-2007, 10:38 AM
i received a PM from chambermusik staff that there was a DL link for this album. i was coming up in here ready to ban fools but the link was deleted. lucky for the guy who posted the link cuz your ass would've been grass if i got here beforehand.

to those who got it before the link was axed and seem to like it. is it REALLY THAT good??? i see people praising this album like its the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ.

There are some stand out tracks on this album I especially like HAPPY.

L~>1<~NKS
08-21-2007, 11:09 AM
tHE JOINT WIF IMMORTAL TECHNIQUE IZ FUEGO. ONLY THING IZ WHERE THE FUCK IZ HE ON THE TRACK CUZ IT SEEMS LIKE HIS VOICE CHANGES OR SUM SHIT.

Durag
08-21-2007, 11:13 AM
I would have way preferred to have had Crime Cardinals feat. Nas on this album than Gun for Gun, its a way better song. Would have loved to have heard Through Milleniums on it too

TurnThePage
08-21-2007, 11:17 AM
i thought "honor" shoulda been on it instead of how many

INS
08-21-2007, 12:54 PM
Dope album upon first listen.

Dr Sleepwalker
08-21-2007, 04:50 PM
got my copy today after work... had a blunt rolled n' everything fer this shit..
I also picked up Eardrum..

..Ne wayz I pulled up at my blazin' spot, and listened to The Offering..

Shitz tooooo nice.. i'm mad feelin' it... still lettin' it sink in... it's too nice so far tho

pea2e

the silencer
08-21-2007, 06:14 PM
couldnt find it so its probably gonna be a while before i can actually get my hands on this, just wondering from those who got it: what is the cover like???? havent seen anyone mention it..

BRONZBODY
08-21-2007, 07:43 PM
IN FUUUUCCCCCCKKKKIIINNNNGGGG CREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!

album of the year so far

12weLvE
08-21-2007, 07:52 PM
Yo mods hook this up with a poll. (Review coming soon)

THE W
08-21-2007, 09:21 PM
after listening to this front to back twice i think this is a solid effort from KP. not as good as you people are hyping it to be but not bad in the least.

BTW, immortal technique had arguably the best verse on this whole album. this guy nukes every track he's on.

poll on the way...

12weLvE
08-21-2007, 09:24 PM
07's Classic:

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m267/DeeInfamous001/priest.jpg

The Offering (Intro) - 4.5/5
Salvation - 5/5
Gun For Gun - 5/5 I had this 4.5/5 but shit after a few more listens, this is a sick sick banger.
How Many - 4.5/5 Another rating change, I had this 4/5 but man this is my 4th time listining to the album and I love it more and more.
Uprising- 5/5 Been Bumping this for a few days now...EDIT: Had this at 4.5 now 5. AMAZING!!!!!
Melodic - 5/5
Priesthood - 5/5 I am in love with this track.
Inner G - 3.5/5 (this track is a fucking mess...Kurupt's rhymes and flow suck ass, and I am really disappointed at Canibus here. Ras-Kass was decent.
Ghetto Jezus - 4.5/5
The Offering - 5/5 Classic.
Truth B Told - 5/5 This shit is serious
Osirus Eyes - 5/5 The begginging of this (the way he flows) reminds me of something Nas did in the past. Sick anyway I Love this track though.
Stand Still - 5/5 This is beyond Serious
PJ'S - 5/5 The hook to this is just amazing.
Happy - 4.5/5
Essential - 5/5
Till Thee Angels Come - 5/5 Some Timbo King would have been nice...oh well lol

Wow the back-end of the album is amazing. One thing I hate is when an album is banging but it dies out at the end. Not this one. I can say the weak stuff is at the begging of the album. I rate this album 5/5 This is the best album of 07 thus far.

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
08-21-2007, 10:56 PM
This Album & The Holographic Galaxy are excellent priest material ...I'm gonna make a CD with tracks I like from both albums

GENERAL WISE
08-21-2007, 11:18 PM
wack

12weLvE
08-21-2007, 11:20 PM
wack

:lmao: Never that brother. Plus dint you give this a great review anyway

RynMur
08-22-2007, 03:02 PM
Where have you guys been buying this???

Come Honor Face
08-22-2007, 04:25 PM
Damn! This is really good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Beats 9/10 Lyrics 10/10 Overall 9.5/10

V4D3R
08-22-2007, 04:41 PM
I got the leaked version- I will be buying the CD on friday.
SUPPORT WU

I had KP Heavy Mental on cassette - back in 97' it was actually the last cassette I bought.

And it's ironic how KP talks about tapes on it lol.

"Stop the tape....STOP IT!!!"

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
08-22-2007, 06:18 PM
KURUPT is good on the GUN 4 GUN remix.

Suga Duga
08-22-2007, 06:19 PM
KURUPT is good on the GUN 4 GUN remix.

can you upload it plz??

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
08-22-2007, 06:38 PM
can you upload it plz??

1 :list:

GodFather
08-22-2007, 11:53 PM
you gotta be fist fuckin me!!!--this is what im talkin about, creativity and rhymin at its finest--leo angel done shattered this shit
peace and keep it wu

wuswordz95
08-23-2007, 12:31 AM
no record or commerical shops have this albm i gotta order it. man i wont get this till like september. i vvoted whack to best buy for not carring it. best buy is whack

LORD ZERO
08-23-2007, 02:46 PM
i'll be back w/ a review later, gettin blunt rolled for this lol

Erquel
08-23-2007, 02:50 PM
i'll be back w/ a review later, gettin blunt rolled for this lol

roll 1 for me)

deadlymelody
08-25-2007, 04:05 PM
Listened to it twice through...

It's a good album.

Positives:
Some really excellent production
Killah Priest is an awesome MC

Negatives:
Not too many impressive guest spots (exceptions Nas, Hell Razah, Immortal Technique)
Production is bad on a few tracks
Some bad hooks (I hate hooks where it sounds like they're yelling or chanting or something)

I'd have to say Melodic, The Offering, PJs, Happy, and Osirus Eyes are my favorites. They blend in dope production, MCin, and better hooks

deadlymelody
08-25-2007, 04:07 PM
I will say that this album is near or at the level of Cilvaringz' effort, although lyrically The Offering is far superior. This is better than Renaissance Child, but it still doesn't reach The Great Migration's level. Man, what an album The Great Migration is!

Erquel
08-26-2007, 01:14 AM
KP's son Zariya is ill!!!

num2son
08-28-2007, 04:52 PM
I didnt get the album but I hear some of the samples on iTunes..I thought it was good just from the previews

Suga Duga
08-28-2007, 05:30 PM
I think it's a lil bit too early to call it a classic, we'll see, I voted superior

digitalsouljah36
08-28-2007, 07:22 PM
Black Market Militia, Hell Razah, and Killah Priest all have dropped crazy albums. Can't wait for the Timbo King and Maccabeez albums.

wuswordz95
08-28-2007, 10:50 PM
i gonna have to online order it

shaolin_danger
08-29-2007, 07:43 PM
1st off the CD is bang'n^O^ last weekend i went to they only FYE & Circuit City in my city Melbourne, Florida. neather of them had it, so i was gonna order it online right @ the store in C-City. but it said it was back order so i ordered it from amazon right there.

so i got home from work today checked the mailbox saw the lil slip 4 a package 2 big 4 the mailbox, so i was like "IT's HERE PREIST:lmao:" ran over 2 the condo office got my package, riped the box open eyes got big like oh shit, so i ran back 2 my condo up the stairs yelling killah priest, lol. when i got in my unit i was like which stereo should i give the 1st spin. so popped into the home theater dvd player, to blast it over my 5.1 Cerwin Vega Surround. and just sat back on the sofa. trying 2 take it all in:nerdy:

the intro just came blaring on, music rap'n. was like whoa. i'm really loving "PriestHood" had 2 replay several times started dancing around the living room. it was some much 2 take in gotta give it more listens. i know it will get better and better as i play it. can't wait 2 hear it in my Car over the 20 speaker @ 3000 watt system so i can play it LOUD:spin: and hear the real low bass notes. and won't have 2 worry bout neighbors.

the only thing i was dissappointed in was NO "Behind the Stain Glass" track;( that made me sad, i love that track the moment i heard it on his myspace page. thats classic heavy mental sound. Also the only other thing was NO moive clip samples, intrludes or skits what ever u call it. i love hearing those clips from movies and stuff, it helps give the album a feeling of quiet moments and gives it ups and downs and feels like all tracks go together. makes the album feel like a movie. Just something i like. :)

Great album!!:spin: Thanx Priest

Tecknowledgist
08-29-2007, 10:20 PM
Y'all are buggin!

Inner G is fuckin' dope as shit.

Kurupt sounded vicious if anything. He's my least favorite member of the HRSMN, but he had my favorite verse on that song! It was different, but I think it worked perfectly....so fuck y'all lol.

the silencer
08-29-2007, 10:34 PM
i actually LOVE Inner G....i always loved that beat from 4th and its louder and meaner on the album...

and Killah Priest just absolutely murders everything on that joint...i was goin nuts when i first heard that verse..

i did that the others came a little slow on there tho...Ras Kass sucked, Canibus was pretty good, and Kurupt was surprisingly good...didnt know he cood spit that kinda shit

deadlymelody
08-30-2007, 01:33 AM
I think Inner G is good. People rag on the beat, but it's good. But it's no doubt that Priest came the best on that.

wuswordz95
08-30-2007, 01:37 AM
well lloks like im gonna have order it online

deeznutz1981
08-30-2007, 08:23 AM
I cant fuckin rate it because I went to 2 CD places in Toronto here and they didn't fuckin have it!!!!! I asked the bitch at one and first she types in her computer "Kill A Priest" and I laughed and said no no its "Killah" which is all good cause she doesnt know any better. But then she says "yeah we don't have any copies of that" I'm like "it was released this Tuesday right?" and she looks and goes according to our computer here this album came out in MARCH!!!! I just looked at her and thought "why you stupid cunt!" but then I realized that Canada blows for having their ear to the ground. I'll probably be able to get the album in a month or so. CANADA CD stores dont know shit about music.

cd
08-30-2007, 12:18 PM
I really love this album but to say it's on par with Heavy Mental or even better is just ridiculous. Although Priest's flow is tighter here at times, his subject matter, lyrics and structure are far superior on Heavy Mental. As are the beats, feel and structure. Of course he does spit a lot great stuff on the Offering, some is a regression to more simplistic gunplay lyrics, which at times fit, but get annoying after awhile. This is not to say that this album isn't great though, it is and so is he. He is really one of the greatest MC's of all time and it's a crime he gets no shine whatsoever. Everytime I let someone who hates hip hop listen to Heavy Mental, they are completely impressed.

The Offering (Intro) - Perfect Intro
Salvation - Great beat, Great lyrics, army hymn hook is annoying
Gun For Gun - The remix actually accentuates the flows better but still good
How Many - Great flow
Uprising- Incredible one of the best tracks
Melodic - See Above
Priesthood - Always loved this track, still do
Inner G - Average at best, a posse cut should be a highlight. Kurupt is horrible as usual
Ghetto Jezus - Not feeling it as most people but good
The Offering - Fantastic
Truth B Told - Like it, but belongs more on a mixtape and something else should have taken it's place like Stained Glass or Nightfall
Osirus Eyes -I can't stop playing this track, absolute beast
Stand Still - Great verses with a subpar beat
PJ'S - Great song, nice hearing his son
Happy - Absolutely great
Essential - See above, Priest keeps it going on a long song
Till Thee Angels Come -Good end song.

Tecknowledgist
08-30-2007, 12:28 PM
I think Inner G is good. People rag on the beat, but it's good. But it's no doubt that Priest came the best on that.

Yeah, but that's nothing new. That skeleton hands shit gets me pumpin'. Kurupt though...goddamn

"You're lookin' too closely
And I don't wanna have to bust ya eyes...
Fuck it. FUCK ya eyes! FUCK ya momma!"

It reminds me of Masta Killa on Wu-Banga 101. Flow is different, but it's so deadly.

"You drop, nigga, you shot. Screamin' like a bitch!"

And yeah, 4th owned that beat.....fuck of a lot better than Horsementality.

wuswordz95
08-30-2007, 08:56 PM
is beast a new slang word for best

hectis
09-01-2007, 06:04 PM
this is his best album since hm

HarlemDiplomat
09-01-2007, 06:39 PM
is beast a new slang word for best

Thats old, people been saying that.

But word, I just bought The Offering today along with Ice Water - Polluted Water...

I'mma check it out, I like the intro and Salvation so far but I'mma get back when I hear the rest.

Hollow Dartz
09-02-2007, 02:18 PM
Hollow Dartz Review

The Offering (Intro) - 4/5
Salvation - 4.5/5
Gun For Gun - 4.5/5 Nas shitted on Priest
How Many - 4/5
Uprising-4.5/5
Melodic - 5/5
Priesthood - 4.5/5
Inner G - 4.5/5 Would've been 5 star but wtf is kurupt spitting?
Ghetto Jezus - 4/5
The Offering - 4/5
Truth B Told - 4/5
Osirus Eyes -5/5
Stand Still - Is this Immortal Technique? Blah... 3.5/5
PJ'S - NOT feeling 3.5/5
Happy - 4/5
Essential - 4/5
Till Thee Angels Come - 4.5/5

Beats - 4/5
Lyrics - 4.5/5
Overall - 4/5

I could see myself coming back next week and changing my rating but not now.

TurnThePage
09-02-2007, 02:54 PM
The Offering (Intro) - 4/5
Salvation - 4.5/5
Gun For Gun - 4/5
How Many - 3.5/5
Uprising-5/5
Melodic - 4/5
Priesthood - 4/5
Inner G - 3.5- priest verse was a 5
Ghetto Jezus - 5/5
The Offering - 5/5
Truth B Told - 4/5
Osirus Eyes -5/5
Stand Still - 4/5
PJ'S - 3/5
Happy - 4.5/5
Essential - 5/5
Till Thee Angels Come - 3.5/5

CITY ZEEKER
09-02-2007, 11:02 PM
THIS IS WHERE THE ELEPHANTS COME IN,

god damn, killah priest on the offering, the dood just fucking killed the album, i know some of you die hard HEAVY MENTAL FANS are saying "yo fuck the offering, HM stands as the greatest album" nah son, this album is outrageously a JEWEL, the lyrics the beats, every track keeps the listener excited for the next track.. im going to have to say that the offering is better than HM, im sorry HM is an album where you can bob your head non stop, but THE OFFERING, keeps you on your feet just wanting more and more..

4.8/ 5, yes kids its that damn close.

Polocash7
09-03-2007, 02:34 AM
The LP is sick. One of the best this year. 9.5/10

Rode Block
09-03-2007, 03:15 AM
Fuuuck I went to 2 different record shops and couldn't find it there... then I went to Best Buy and they didn't have it either... so I got pissed off and downloaded it(-_-)

Still haven't listened to it tho... But after reading this thread I probly should

TAURO
09-03-2007, 03:28 AM
Im loving this album so far, still need to give it a few more spins before I drop a review but so far I think it's great.

On a side note, I went to the biggest HMV in london to get this and they were sold out, so I asked the guy on the computer to check the database to see which other stores had it in stock. He told me that the HMV further down had four so I rushed out and picked it up.....im glad I did.

HarlemDiplomat
09-03-2007, 05:06 AM
Bought it.... heard it.... still replaying.... superior.

HarlemDiplomat
09-03-2007, 05:07 AM
Certainly up for album of the year...

Ya_Bane
09-03-2007, 05:29 AM
I just listened to The Offering for the first time. I can't review/rate an album after one listen, but this sounds damn promising. I was really feeling the whole thing this first listen, which usually means it becomes a personal classic in time. I'll drop a review when I've heard it 5-10 times.

Nice work there Priest

SID
09-14-2007, 11:00 AM
this is the best modern hip hop album i have ever heard..killah priest is the hottest rapper right about now

wuswordz95
09-15-2007, 01:30 AM
the record shop next to my work finally got the offering. Finally after 3 weeks it has arrived, the following is just based after 1 listen but there are some songs I may have heard twice,

1. The offering **3/4. I just wasnt felling it. nice beat.
2. Salvation ***. nice sweet track.
3. Gun 4 gun. ***1/4. nas is dope on this one. lyrically this song kicks butt!
4. how many ****. I love the sound and killah priest flow.
5. uprising ***3/4. A near excellent track.
6. melodic part2. ***1/2. nice beat.
7. Preisthood. ****1/2. I think this is a banger.
8. Inner ****. The beat isnt really banger quality yet. its just lyricaly awesome.
9. gheto jesus. ***1/2. decent track
10. The offering ***. killah is the goat
11. Truth b told. ****1/2. probaly my fav track on the album. I like the story how gayfen didnt think kp was worth it.
12. osirus eyes. ***
13. standstill. ***1/2. nice specail apearence by immortal tecnique
14. pj's. ****. this song is cool.
15. happy ****1/4. such a beautiful song
16. essential. **3/4. my least fav track.
17, angels. ***1/2. nice song

thats my review.after 1 soin. i guess its really good. not a classic or a banger. my opinion will change. this is the second kp album I ever bought.
heavy mental is still the better album. when I first bought heavy mental I thought half of the album was boring. 2 years later its a classic for me. maybe the offering will be a classic for me. im not bashing this album but I think black market militia album is slighty better then the offering.

wuswordz95
09-15-2007, 01:36 AM
according to my calcuated rating. the album is near banger. a 3.8 star album

Jeff-The-Chef
09-15-2007, 09:12 AM
why do the better wu/wu affiliates albums never come to my store :<

liquid_1_
09-15-2007, 12:18 PM
go to best buy.

ALCATRAZ
09-15-2007, 04:11 PM
those three tracks on tha first post are fire! killah priest all day

the silencer
09-15-2007, 04:50 PM
speakonitgod, i like ur name...also where is that Ice-T pic from??

TheMostBeautifullest
09-19-2007, 05:33 PM
best album so far this year!

dat ice T pic looks fake

HarlemDiplomat
09-21-2007, 04:37 AM
the record shop next to my work finally got the offering. Finally after 3 weeks it has arrived, the following is just based after 1 listen but there are some songs I may have heard twice,

1. The offering **3/4. I just wasnt felling it. nice beat.
2. Salvation ***. nice sweet track.
3. Gun 4 gun. ***1/4. nas is dope on this one. lyrically this song kicks butt!
4. how many ****. I love the sound and killah priest flow.
5. uprising ***3/4. A near excellent track.
6. melodic part2. ***1/2. nice beat.
7. Preisthood. ****1/2. I think this is a banger.
8. Inner ****. The beat isnt really banger quality yet. its just lyricaly awesome.
9. gheto jesus. ***1/2. decent track
10. The offering ***. killah is the goat
11. Truth b told. ****1/2. probaly my fav track on the album. I like the story how gayfen didnt think kp was worth it.
12. osirus eyes. ***
13. standstill. ***1/2. nice specail apearence by immortal tecnique
14. pj's. ****. this song is cool.
15. happy ****1/4. such a beautiful song
16. essential. **3/4. my least fav track.
17, angels. ***1/2. nice song

thats my review.after 1 soin. i guess its really good. not a classic or a banger. my opinion will change. this is the second kp album I ever bought.
heavy mental is still the better album. when I first bought heavy mental I thought half of the album was boring. 2 years later its a classic for me. maybe the offering will be a classic for me. im not bashing this album but I think black market militia album is slighty better then the offering.

You didn't rate the best track...

Marc051
09-21-2007, 07:38 AM
damn i need to pick this one up sometime...KP murders this shit, there's no doubt now that I think he's the best lyricist in the clan and better than most of generals except maybe gza and even then i'm still skeptical

Rame
09-21-2007, 07:47 AM
Does anyone know if it's in stores anywere in Europe? Didn't find it myself.

RynMur
09-29-2007, 04:56 PM
Finally dropping my review. KP murders this shit lyrically. Really no skip tracks, but I wasn't feeling Inner G that much.

Top 3 Tracks: Melodic Pt. II, Ghetto Jezus, The Offering

Overall Grade: (4.5/5) A

Buzk
10-11-2007, 05:45 AM
album of the year, a personal classic for me. essential, how many and uprising are siccckkk
joints

DR. NICK RIVIERA
10-11-2007, 09:44 AM
still bangin' it...the slower tunes are better than the fast ones tho ... looking in a majority perspective

Mili
11-15-2007, 04:57 PM
I had no idea this already came out! Can i get a review or two before i cop? Appreciate it.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
11-15-2007, 10:54 PM
Killah Priest :: The Offering :: Good Hands Records (http://www.myspace.com/goodhandsrecords)
as reviewed by Arthur Gailes Sometimes, a person's greatest blessing can be his greatest curse in disguise. When GZA put Killah Priest's "B.I.B.L.E." on "Liquid Swords" it gave the world a glimpse into the mind and talents of Killah Priest. At the same time, it pigeon-holed him into the role of a second-tier Wu-Tang affiliate. Twelve years after his record debut, and nearly a decade after "Heavy Mental," his first album, Killah Priest is still hampered by these expectations, at once praised and criticized whether he expands his range or stays within it.
"The Offering" sees Priest mostly dealing within the latter. Aided by the most consistent production of his career, Priest deals in his usual variety of street metaphors and allusions. When on top of his game, he's one of the most visual rappers to pick up a microphone. Everything he rap about gains an aura of incredible importance, as if even the smallest occurrences in his life relate to some universal truth. He re-introduces himself on the opening title track, where he makes even his childhood look as if it had a greater meaning, rhyming, "for instance, when I would color/I'd paint the figures with blood to describe a slain hustler."
Fortunately for fans, Priest is on top of his game here. Even better, he's aided by production that fits him extremely well. Dark and foreboding, the beats only make Priest come off more sure of himself, an undeniably authorities figure. The lyrics here are very complex, with incredible metaphors, references, and wordplay, but are more grounded than he's ever been. Gone are the rhymes where he gets lost in his own metaphors, on "The Offering" he's the best, the most visual he's ever been.
(Essential)
"The (k)night's a dark lord, well dressed, seducing our son
Upon the dawning of a full day, he usually would come
Galloping upon his winged horse, leaving trails of stars
Across the planet; night scene of New York
Comes a life with lights, pubs, clubs with thugs
Mobsters, gangsters, criminals, dealers with drugs
Loud music; crowds are moving up and down blocks
In and out of spots, cops watch for a foul shooting
So how we moving?
My soul scour through the clouds where the moon will sit
Like a wise owl searching through the gloomy mist
Six; I bring a casket down to his tomb
Another child get pushed through the uterus
From the womb, we intuitive
Eternal peace or damnation, depending what we do with it
A genius, or a lunatic
A general, or a fugitive
It's essential..."
The problem with "The Offering" isn't one of quality, it's of accessibility. There is no attempt here to reach out to newcomers, people who are not already at least acquainted to Killah Priest. Priest is only worried about himself and his core fans here, and so while it is very good music, it's hard to get into from a cold start. Granted, it's well worth the effort for anyone who generally likes rap music, but it's doubtful that many will make the effort. "B.I.B.L.E." stood out because it was such a polar change of theme in "Liquid Swords." There's nothing to set that up here, and so "The Offering" comes off as consistently good, or even great, but never revolutionary.
And while Priest is consistently at his best, the people he works with don't step up to the task. Collaborations with Immortal Technique, Canibus and Ras Kass all fall short of the greatness they could inspire. Even the much hyped "Gun for Gun," featuring Nas, is not what it could have been. Even the production generally suffers from not being outstanding enough to keep the album from dragging at points. The beats all work, its just clear that Priest is a class above them.
Ironically, with all the complexity of Priest's rhymes, it's the simplest of songs that stand out most. The up-tempo "How Many" demands that he be put beside the greatest of rappers, while paying tribute to those same legends. But it's the ultra-personal "Happy" that absolutely stands alone among the rest:
"My friend wrote his mother
"Mom, I'm doing better now"
[...]
"I love you momma, sincerely yours"
As the nurse pours
From reading her his letter, body attached to a cord
And to a breathing pump, the stroke she had was too much
She's in a coma, been that way for a few months
And if her son knew, believe me, he'd split in two
And go back to doing drugs before quitting school
But rest(?) now, 'cause your mother's still here
Try to live and be proud, make her heart full of cheer
Fill your mind with tranquility – she's free
Give your heart space and liberty, and then peace"
While it's sometimes hampered by sub-standard guests, and beats, "The Offering" is, much more often than not, a stunning success. It's not the easiest album to get into, but given half a chance, Killah Priest will pull you into his universe, which is one of the most vivid hip hop has to offer. Priest is the best he's ever been here, and "The Offering" is guaranteed to please not only his fan base, but fans of great lyricism in general.
Music Vibes: 7 of 10 Lyric Vibes: 9 of 10 TOTAL Vibes: 8 of 10

Rapreviews review

DR. NICK RIVIERA
11-16-2007, 09:18 AM
it's his second best album....go cop it if u like Priest

Ya_Bane
11-16-2007, 09:43 AM
I had no idea this already came out! Can i get a review or two before i cop? Appreciate it.

Cop it. You won't regret it. As the review above said, Priest have never been a better MC than he is on The Offering. He's on another level right now.

LuckyTheWonderDog
11-16-2007, 09:46 AM
Imagine a track called 'Killahs vs Killas' with Masta Killa & Killa Sin vs Ghostface & Priest!

No real point to it, but it would be a fucking nasty track!

Guarded By Martyrs
11-16-2007, 02:18 PM
Messy Idea^

Dirty Knowledge
11-16-2007, 04:25 PM
It's much better than American Gangster.

Dirty Knowledge
11-16-2007, 04:25 PM
It's much better than American Gangster.

Edit:
So nice I said it twice.

marco
11-26-2007, 08:02 PM
great record.. one of the worst covers i history.. what the fuck.. how hard is is for them to find a good grafic designer..

Bucellito 136
12-02-2007, 01:43 PM
this album is fire
it's KP's second best album for sure

Focused
12-02-2007, 10:12 PM
I definitely want to try and cop this

Trismegistos
03-07-2008, 07:40 PM
I purchased the offering a couple of weeks ago. It took a while to filter down to Australia! I would have to say that it is one of the best Hip Hop albums period. Heavy Mental is one of the greatest albums ever released and The Offering is right up there along side it.

I would rate both albums as 10/10. They are different and not every song is going to be appealing to everyone, but it is rare to get an album where you can put it in and press play and not feel the need to skip a track. It is even rarer to feel that way a few weeks after listening to the cd.

Priest is definitely on top of the game now and he knew it making this cd.

I still favour Heavy Mental just due to the fact that after 10 years it still has the initial magic that it had the first time I played it. I don't think there is anything more beautiful than Wisdom off of Heavy Mental.

portis24
03-09-2008, 08:01 AM
killah priest on here lyrically is better then 99% of the rappers out today. Can't wait for the next one.My top three are uprising,osirus eye's,till the angels come.

Mic Tyson
03-13-2008, 11:44 AM
its pretty good, but some tracks are kind of wack, like gun for gun. the 4 horsemen song was fire though

Blaxican75
04-18-2008, 03:43 AM
This CD is just ill. Inner G, with that menacing bass line, is murdered by Canibus. He is sick by himself, but when he gets with the other 3 Horsemen, his game seems to elevate even more. I still can't see why more people don't be bumpin Priest. I'm like the only cat around here the listen to him. Dude is underrated for real....

Homebrew
04-18-2008, 10:31 PM
wow i hated the horseman track. kurupt just gave up halfway thru his verse, but he still wouldnt shut up. typically on priest albums i end up skipping any tracks with the horsemen. rest of the album was banging.

i dont know what that last reviewer was talking about with immortal technique not comming hard. his verse was ridonkulous.

nazi pope in my sniper scope/ shot him in church!!!!

the whole ish was sick bars front to back. PEACE

Orion Nebulus
04-19-2008, 12:18 AM
The Offering is one of the dopest albums to ever drop in a long time. From begining to end it's almost flawless. KP has always been one of my fav emcees. The album cover is crazy.

Allah Sun
04-19-2008, 05:56 AM
Album is pure classic; it's still in my CD changer, it's never gon' come out. Can't wait for the Behind the Stained Glass and Midnight Offering.

Leo Angel
04-20-2008, 02:38 AM
voted banger

best songs:
PJ's
The Offering
Till Three Angels Come
Stand Still
Uprising
Salvation

the silencer
05-11-2008, 10:17 PM
i've realized i never took the time to write a full review of this album after i said that i would...

tonight i got a Killah Priest mood and started checking out all the new stuff he's puttin out to promote the new album Behind the Stained Glass and i'm very impressed (as always)....so i figured I'd do a quick review of this amazing album in light of the new one dropping soon..

first off, i love the fact that he put all the lyrics in the booklet...this is a great touch especially for an artist who's so well-known for his lyrics..

1. The Offering (intro) prod by Godz Wrath
awesome....perfect..the changing of the beat along with the changing of the Priest's tone and everything is perfect..
and i love that he just keeps on going for a long time..excellent opening
5/5

some might get annoyed by the chorus but i love it and i love the idea of him making it sound like an army is addressing him..
the beat is fuckin great, a nice kingly melody....he starts to drift off a little in the 2nd verse but still an ill song overall
4/5

my least favorite song on the album, mostly cuz I'm not crazy about the beat on it...I'm a big Nas fan but he doesn't impress me at all on here, matter of fact u might say that Priest murdered him (even tho i hate talkin about emcees on the same track like that but KP outshines him)...second Priest verse is evil, i love it
3/5

this song shoulda got a ton of radio play (maybe it did, i dono..i never listen to the radio anymore), it's got a catchy beat and Priest just verbally dances on this, he shows so many different flows on this album it's unbelievable...
4.5/5

my favorite song on the album...i LOVE the beat and the imagery from Priest gives me goosebumps..i just wish it was longer
5/5

AMAZING song...Priest just twirls this beat around on his finger, the man was born to emcee..
for such a deep and serious cat, the part about the aliens is fucking hilarious..this is just pure entertainment through music
5/5

"bout to get dark"--pretty good description...certainly a dark and powerful song, i love when he gets in this mode and this beat was made perfectly for KP..
4/5

KILLAH PRIEST FUCKING MURDERS THIS SONG...i've said a bunch of times and i'll say it again: in an imaginary scene where there was a rap battle which my life depended on and i had to choose an emcee to defend me i would choose Killah Priest without hesitation...who can respond to a verse like this?????????
the other Horsemen suck ass on here tho..
3/5

sick beat, these Godz Wrath cats are awesome...
i love the flow, lyrics, and creativeness of this track..songs like this make me pissed that someone like Nas gets so much attention but Priest very little (in the mainstream) cuz this is up there with Nas' shit....just grimey-er
5/5

the next two songs were released almost 2 years before the album dropped....i love the beat on here but I wasn't totally impressed with Priest lyrically on it..(i can't worship every track of his) i always thought this coulda been a little better, especially for the title track...still a solid:
4/5

one of my favorites...the beat is horror movie-esque and Priest gets so dark and yet poetic on here, saying shit nobody in hip hop would ever say:

"...like the Catholic church and child nudity pictures,
that's like the Virgin Mary performin kama sutra wit Hitler!"

^^possibly my favorite line on the album...
5/5

(i hope there's eventually a part 2 of it)

another awesome Godz Wrath beat..

the chorus is way too long but Priest murders this song...love the flow
4.5/5

i've never been too much into Immortal Tech..i just haven't listened to him too much, but the Dance with the Devil song is incredible...nevertheless i hate his verse on this song (and i take it that almost everyone on here will disagree with that opinion)
Blood Sport is dope and Priest is ill as usual, i like his approach on his verse..
beat is insane too
4.5/5

14. PJs f/ Zariya aka Z-Man - prod by Ben Grymm
smooth loveliness..Priest displays the versatility and puts together a dope song (another one that the general public would love if it were getting the radio play it deserves)
5/5

i skip this song alot but that doesn't mean i think it's bad....again, it's a display of Priest's versatility but alota times i just don't feel like hearing it...it's a dope (deep) song and i love the beat flip and stuff but----like i said, i skip it alot
4/5

a nice outro type of song...3 solid verses
4/5

i love this one....some dramatic dark crazy shit from Priest, just a sick ass flow....his second verse is one of the best on the album
4/5

Lyrics: 5/5
Beats: 4/5
OVERALL: 9/10

rating seems a little high but relative to the rest of hip hop in 2007, it seems about right..

Hollow Dartz
05-11-2008, 10:31 PM
4 stars.

Gigy
05-13-2008, 01:44 PM
"The Offering" is probably one of the sickest albums released by Killah Priest.
I mean... shit, track after track, you get addicted. Insane. Much respect.

claaa7
05-14-2008, 05:35 AM
I'd say Priest came very close to making a 5/5 hip-hop album, the lyrics and the production is SUPERIOR.. i'd stop at 4.5/5 but it's fucking great.

the dagger
05-16-2008, 04:02 PM
classic thats it!!!!!!!!!!!

claaa7
05-22-2008, 12:38 PM
daaaamn this album keeps growing on me, I seriously starts thinking this is better than "Heavy Mental". I've listened to both today and I can't really decide, both are masterpieces - I can't remember the last album I gave a perfect 5/5 rating but i'm considering if "The Offering" is worth just that, it's a masterpiece!
("The Offering's the movie/ my other albums are just trailers")

01 - The Offering (5/5)
02 - Salvation (5/5)
03 - Gun 4 Gun (5/5)
04 - How Many (5/5)
05 - Uprising (5/5)
06 - Melodic pt.2 (4/5)
07 - Priesthood (4/5)
08 - Inner G (4/5)
09 - Ghetto Jesus (5/5)
10 - The Offering (5/5)
11 - Truth B Told (5/5)
12 - Osirius Eyes (5/5)
13 - Standstill (4/5)
14 - Pj's (5/5)
15 - Happy (5/5)
16 - Essential (5/5)
17 - Til Thee Angels Come (4/5)

jay.robinson15
05-22-2008, 04:28 PM
I think it's worth a 5/5, there's only two songs on here I would say are average, and everything else is classic.

ALCATRAZ
05-22-2008, 11:29 PM
I listen to Uprising everyday

Maccabee Ridah
06-25-2008, 07:48 AM
Damn, album is fire...............

I just ran through it, and it was enough to realize what I am dealin with.....:D

It is pure classic................

Beats r sooooooooooo dope, lyrics r sick as always when it is KP in question, so only i can say is that album is fuckin ill!!!

I can't wait to take time and listen to the whole album!!!

Peace......................
-suuuuuuuuu///

Illmatic Hispanic
07-10-2008, 02:48 AM
the offering is straight up classic, every track is ill, "peep these jewels while you rolling a dutch". shit gets you lifted with the harmonous beats, I love how priest sampled "War" on the PJ's, beat is ill. Its classic priest is the most underated artist right now, he's making ill music on a low budget. While jigga and lil wayne making millions, making garbage. I'll say it Killah Priest Is King of Hip Hop...... "Been through so many struggles only to perservere" ~Cormega

THE MASON
07-14-2008, 01:18 PM
the offering is straight up classic, every track is ill, "peep these jewels while you rolling a dutch". shit gets you lifted with the harmonous beats, I love how priest sampled "War" on the PJ's, beat is ill. Its classic priest is the most underated artist right now, he's making ill music on a low budget. While jigga and lil wayne making millions, making garbage. I'll say it Killah Priest Is King of Hip Hop...... "Been through so many struggles only to perservere" ~Cormega

Well said homie, is sad that but true that artists like lil wayne and souljah boy who have no lyrical talent what so ever make millions, while artists such as KP are being left behind. KP is probly the most lyrical mc today, plus the beats are amazing. From the beginning with the intro it hooks you. The intro kills most mainstream songd out today, then tracks like melodic pt.2 and PJs he spits that familiar priest style. IMO, its one of the best albums of 2007 if not he best

Maccabee Ridah
07-15-2008, 01:02 PM
Well said homie, is sad that but true that artists like lil wayne and souljah boy who have no lyrical talent what so ever make millions, while artists such as KP are being left behind. KP is probly the most lyrical mc today, plus the beats are amazing. From the beginning with the intro it hooks you. The intro kills most mainstream song out today, then tracks like melodic pt.2 and PJs he spits that familiar priest style. IMO, its one of the best albums of 2007 if not he best

co-signed.........

Music industry really destroyed hip-hop! But it's even more sad that there r people that like & support that today's shyt, and it's best shown if u look at first week sales! Sad, but true..............:(

Billy Danzenie
07-15-2008, 06:23 PM
who voted wack

Maccabee Ridah
07-27-2008, 09:36 AM
^^ Actually 7 people! But those r some fagz for sure! U will alwayz find, on every wu album review one or two votes for wack!

Hollow Dartz
07-27-2008, 04:09 PM
I never gave this album the proper review, look for one soon.

New Hills 36
05-08-2009, 05:53 PM
I heard this only recently. Didn't like View from Masada at all and didn't keep up with KP after that. But this is totally excellent. Wish there were more rappers like KP and I wish both he and MK had got the 9th slot. I think he'd have brought a lot to the Wu as a full member.

the dagger
05-12-2009, 09:41 PM
This is the P R I E S T.... we love come on with that new album p were waiting

05-12-2009, 09:47 PM
great lyrics/mostly average beats, with a view exceptions

3.5/5 at best

Krimewave
05-13-2009, 06:14 AM
great lyrics/mostly average beats, with a view exceptions

3.5/5 at best

exactly that. beats on this album don't do KP justice imo.

Luza
06-13-2009, 07:37 PM
love this album. kp's become on of my favs.
especially melodic pt.II

THUGNIFICENT
06-14-2009, 10:38 PM
the "intro" to that album is my favorite KP song ever. Ever.

the album of course falls off IMO from there, since it can't touch that, but it's still hot. has its missteps, but you can do a LOT worse. still play this fairly frequently.

the dagger
09-09-2009, 06:16 PM
i still bump this ahhhh like fine wine.. i cant wait for more!!!

the dagger
10-19-2010, 04:41 AM
just finshed bumping this whoa!!! come on priest the psychic world of walter reed i know will be crazy.. get back on your lyrics that make the world say dauummmmmmm!

Lex Lugor
11-06-2010, 09:14 PM
Cant stop listening to this.