PDA

View Full Version : Wu sucked at San Bernadino

gary grice
08-17-2007, 12:57 AM
This was the 3rd time I've seen Wu perform and it was damn right embarassing. If Meth wasn't there I would have walked out. He saved their ass for 50 minutes. I couldn't hear a word anyone else said on the mic, U-god mumbled, Deck was inaudible as well as most of the other emcees. Rza and Meth were the only ones that rapped with any intensity and Rza barely performed. I swear Deck, U God and Gza have never used a mic before. They just stank it up. Meth kept the crowd hyped and killed all his tracks. It's too bad he can't do the same on an album.

Anyone who disagrees with this observation is a damn Stan and under the age of 23. Know the ledge...

KZA
08-17-2007, 01:12 AM
better than Nas performance

Ghost_Deini_
08-17-2007, 01:12 AM
yeah the mics were fucked up when i saw them too.

Jet Set
08-17-2007, 11:09 AM
This was the 3rd time I've seen Wu perform and it was damn right embarassing. If Meth wasn't there I would have walked out. He saved their ass for 50 minutes. I couldn't hear a word anyone else said on the mic, U-god mumbled, Deck was inaudible as well as most of the other emcees. Rza and Meth were the only ones that rapped with any intensity and Rza barely performed. I swear Deck, U God and Gza have never used a mic before. They just stank it up. Meth kept the crowd hyped and killed all his tracks. It's too bad he can't do the same on an album.

Anyone who disagrees with this observation is a damn Stan and under the age of 23. Know the ledge...
I've seen this for the last 4 years. Clan and solo. The only of all the 8 members left now that can give a decent show that doesn not turn into an embarassement is Meth. And his shows are top of the hiphop scene. All the others are old and don't really know what show performance is. GZA is one of the worst. I caught the dude rapping with one hand in his pocket, or falling behind the beats with his rhymes.

They may have a track record. But there latest records ain't records, they barely finish at all. They just stumble off the track.

TSA
08-17-2007, 11:27 AM
this is why i rank ODB higher then Gza in my best wu member lists

lyrically no one can fuck with Gza till this day, but lyrics is only 1/4 of the pie, and lyrically all clan members are nice.

you need to rock a crowd and Gza can't do that, Meth and Dirty do.

and at least seem enthusiastic that your getting paid thousands to do what you love.

you can't be a good MC off of good lyrics and that's it.

a lot of the WU members pull the same shit. idk why meth is the only one wilding out at shows and everyone else is chillin. Ghost dances a little and rza is hype, but everyone else seriously just watches meth own them. that's why he's the one making money, he trys to stand out.

Bis Fan
08-17-2007, 11:29 AM
I don't care much for shows

Sean
08-17-2007, 11:33 AM
They were fucking amazing in London, all of them. Meth was the best, keeping the crowd pumping with stage dives and shit, but the whole clan were phat. Raekwon was a bit quiet because he was drunk as hell (which Meth pointed out to the crowd lol) and Masta Killa stayed at the back of the stage a lot, seemed like he wasn't feeling right or something. They both killed the tracks they performed though. Gza was filming a lot but still put on a good performance when he wasn't.

Overall, it was a phat night. The crowd was crazy, especially since Wu were about 40 minutes late so when they came out shouting "Shaaaaoooolin!" and then performing "Wu Tang Clan Ain't Nothing To Fuck With" the crowd was going mad.

Luz
08-17-2007, 12:32 PM
I thought they were really good. Better than the performance they gave here in Phx a year ago.

I agree though that GZA needs to learn how to do a live show. Dude just stands there and he still can't spit out his verse fast enough.

Rza was great at the show, I don't know what you were watching. The mics being messed up isnt there fault. Its hard to balance 10+ mics at one time and keep the levels good.

Novel T
08-17-2007, 12:34 PM
Saw them in San Diego and they weren't great, but I blame the soundman (if there even was one). Half the mics weren't even on or turned up and most of them were not loud enough. The music itself wasn't even that loud. I could literally HEAR myself rapping over the volume of it all. So therefore the crowd wasn't into it like they could have or would have been. I gotta give it up to Wu tho, they tried with effort thru the whole set to get the crowd into it and it worked to some extent.

Oh, and the lighting was fucked. Deck was on one side of the stage a couple times and I couldn't even find his ass at first cuz the lights was no where near him.

So on the reals, FUCK ROCK THE BELLS! FUCK CHONG! FUCK ALL THEM FUCKERS WHO PHONED IT IN. This shit is especially disgraceful when you think about we prolly won't see the Clan perform again ever! FUCKIN BULLSHIT!!

wuswordz95
08-17-2007, 09:11 PM
the wu tang caln at san bernardino was great. I dont know why peole are saying the mics were fucked up. i heard all of them perfectly well from where I was standing. I was on the lawn section. the rza did a superb job. the mef was tight. only the gza wasnt that good, I really didnt care for chvos bass . it drowned out that raw wu tang sound. I really wished they would had played some diffrent tracks. I can only saty that I liked last years performance slightly better. I was awed by this years performance cuz 60,000 people got to see the wu.

KZA
08-17-2007, 11:02 PM
Saw them in San Diego and they weren't great, but I blame the soundman (if there even was one). Half the mics weren't even on or turned up and most of them were not loud enough. The music itself wasn't even that loud. I could literally HEAR myself rapping over the volume of it all. So therefore the crowd wasn't into it like they could have or would have been. I gotta give it up to Wu tho, they tried with effort thru the whole set to get the crowd into it and it worked to some extent.

Oh, and the lighting was fucked. Deck was on one side of the stage a couple times and I couldn't even find his ass at first cuz the lights was no where near him.

So on the reals, FUCK ROCK THE BELLS! FUCK CHONG! FUCK ALL THEM FUCKERS WHO PHONED IT IN. This shit is especially disgraceful when you think about we prolly won't see the Clan perform again ever! FUCKIN BULLSHIT!!

you mean Chang lol. If they didn't have it the next day we would have probably had a better performance.

Krimewave
08-18-2007, 05:28 AM
saw em in Manchester this year and they were phat....Meth is the best frontman around and seemed to be really enjoying himself....the sound could have been better, but that always seems to be the case when hip hop acts play big venues.....
saw Clipse in Leeds the night before in a small venue and it sounded tight, likewise Ghostface, The Pharcyde, De La Soul and Kool Keith.
would be nice to see the Wu in a smaller venue where it's easier for the soundman to get a good sound (as well as being a better atmosphere), but afraid it's unlikely to ever happen.

LuckyTheWonderDog
08-18-2007, 07:22 AM
Seen GZA about 4 times in London and he's always been quality. He did the small room at Mass in Brixton once with Masta and Dreddy and it was possibly the best gig I've ever seen. Both GZA and Masta were on fire and right up in your face as it was such a small venue.

brooklyndodger
08-18-2007, 08:55 AM
i think ghost put on the best show next to dirty(R.I.P). go get that dvd of him at bb kings if your don't belive.

anyway the problem for me is, wu has so manny songs they could do yet they don't do them. they basicly do the same set all the time. i've seen them about 20 times and it's basicly the same songs,except if it's an ablum release, then they do songs from the new album to. i mean they have so many songs from the solo joints that they just don't do. for example, if meth and rae are on the same stage why not do METH VS CHEF???? i would love to see them do that song!!!! how bout WU-GAMBINOS? they never do that song. then you got songs like M.G.M.,PROJECTS,SCARY HOURS,MR.SANDMAN,WU-BANGA 101,KILLA HILLZ 10304,WISDOM BODY,7TH CHAMBER,SHADOW BOXING,WINTER WARZ,ASSASINATION DAY,IRON MADIN,BOX IN HAND,GUILATINE SWORD,AMERICA IS DIEING SLOWLY,KNUCKLE HEADS,THE CLAP(i remember they plaid the beat once at the end of a show but never got into the song),A BETTER,TOMORROW,HEATERZ, I MEAN THE LIST GOES ON AND ON YO!.. i would even be hyped if they did the ST.IDES JOINT.

they need to change the set up a little bit.

HarlemDiplomat
08-18-2007, 09:01 AM
but lyrics is only 1/4 of the pie

you can't be a good MC off of good lyrics and that's it.

THANK GOD SOMEONE ELSE IN THE WORD UNDERSTANDS THAT SHIT!!!!!!!

HarlemDiplomat
08-18-2007, 09:08 AM
And bad stage performances was a fault of Joe Budden and Bone Thugs too.

Sean
08-18-2007, 09:34 AM
i think ghost put on the best show next to dirty(R.I.P). go get that dvd of him at bb kings if your don't belive.

anyway the problem for me is, wu has so manny songs they could do yet they don't do them. they basicly do the same set all the time. i've seen them about 20 times and it's basicly the same songs,except if it's an ablum release, then they do songs from the new album to. i mean they have so many songs from the solo joints that they just don't do. for example, if meth and rae are on the same stage why not do METH VS CHEF???? i would love to see them do that song!!!! how bout WU-GAMBINOS? they never do that song. then you got songs like M.G.M.,PROJECTS,SCARY HOURS,MR.SANDMAN,WU-BANGA 101,KILLA HILLZ 10304,WISDOM BODY,7TH CHAMBER,SHADOW BOXING,WINTER WARZ,ASSASINATION DAY,IRON MADIN,BOX IN HAND,GUILATINE SWORD,AMERICA IS DIEING SLOWLY,KNUCKLE HEADS,THE CLAP(i remember they plaid the beat once at the end of a show but never got into the song),A BETTER,TOMORROW,HEATERZ, I MEAN THE LIST GOES ON AND ON YO!.. i would even be hyped if they did the ST.IDES JOINT.

they need to change the set up a little bit.

I see what you're saying, but most people haven't seen them like 20 times and they want to hear the classics. Songs like Chessboxin, CREAM, Ice Cream, Duel of The Iron Mic and Gravel Pit get the crowd going wild because everybody knows and loves them. The songs you mentioned are all bangers but most of them wouldn't get the crowd as hyped as the ones they do perform.

LuckyTheWonderDog
08-18-2007, 09:55 AM
I see what you're saying, but most people haven't seen them like 20 times and they want to hear the classics. Songs like Chessboxin, CREAM, Ice Cream, Duel of The Iron Mic and Gravel Pit get the crowd going wild because everybody knows and loves them. The songs you mentioned are all bangers but most of them wouldn't get the crowd as hyped as the ones they do perform.

I know but definately don't love Gravel Pit!

Sean
08-18-2007, 09:57 AM
Nah it's never been one of my favourites but it gets the crowd going crazy.

DUMBO
08-18-2007, 10:06 AM
They were fucking amazing in London, all of them. Meth was the best, keeping the crowd pumping with stage dives and shit, but the whole clan were phat. Raekwon was a bit quiet because he was drunk as hell (which Meth pointed out to the crowd lol) and Masta Killa stayed at the back of the stage a lot, seemed like he wasn't feeling right or something. They both killed the tracks they performed though. Gza was filming a lot but still put on a good performance when he wasn't.

Overall, it was a phat night. The crowd was crazy, especially since Wu were about 40 minutes late so when they came out shouting "Shaaaaoooolin!" and then performing "Wu Tang Clan Ain't Nothing To Fuck With" the crowd was going mad.

i don't care if you're not feeling well. you only do so many concerts and barely do anything else. drink some vitamin water and represent, you vegan bitch.

BGS
08-18-2007, 10:13 AM
i don't care if you're not feeling well. you only do so many concerts and barely do anything else. drink some vitamin water and represent, you vegan bitch.

LOOOOOL LMAO 9:|6

Sean
08-18-2007, 12:49 PM

Lol. I don't know for sure if he wasn't feeling right, he just seemed to stay at the back and I didn't see him that much.

RynMur
08-22-2007, 02:00 PM
i loved it

INS
08-24-2007, 02:00 PM
Masta always lurks in the back... it is his thing.