PDA

View Full Version : The Albums You Have Recently Bought Thread.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

TAURO
08-19-2007, 11:12 AM
I haven't seen a thread like this so I thought I would start one up. This is where you post up the albums you just bought. This is a neverending thread so I expect to see this hopefully as a sticky at some point.

I recently picked up.....

Tragedy Khadafi - Intelligent Hoodlum double album.

Black Sheep - Wolf In Sheep's Clothing

Scientifik - Criminal

All are sick albums from the late eighties/early ninties....I would recommend them all.

DJMethods
08-19-2007, 11:19 AM
Good thread, was thinking of this a while back too

Only recent purcahse is Evidence - The Weatherman LP

Good album, not very good rhymes, dope beats. Not a sit and think, more a sit and smash back beers with mates kinda album.

TAURO
08-19-2007, 11:31 AM
Good thread, was thinking of this a while back too

Only recent purcahse is Evidence - The Weatherman LP

Good album, not very good rhymes, dope beats. Not a sit and think, more a sit and smash back beers with mates kinda album.

I thought about getting this album but I wasn't sure so I downloaded it first to check it out. after giving it a few spins I wasn't very impressed, I found it very underwhelming. Not a bad album but there was just nothing that stood out to me, even the appearence of Sick Jacken (Psycho Realm) was enough to convince me of getting this.

DJMethods
08-19-2007, 11:34 AM
I thought about getting this album but I wasn't sure so I downloaded it first to check it out. after giving it a few spins I wasn't very impressed, I found it very underwhelming. Not a bad album but there was just nothing that stood out to me, even the appearence of Sick Jacken (Psycho Realm) was enough to convince me of getting this.

Yeah, I agree but I needed an album for the night cause I had people round and didnt wanna chuck on the same album for ages, so got this.

It was good, just didnt pay attention to the lyrics lol, still liked the beats. Every guest MC murders him though. Never understood why Dilated were considered so great, MC'ing is average, especially for underground shit.

Longbongcilvaringz
08-19-2007, 11:36 AM
been buying alot lately, pretty much anything that rjd2 is involved in. last week i bought:

RJD2 - Deadringer
Soul Position - Things Go Better With RJ & Al
Aceyalone with RJD2- Magnificent City
Eric B & Rakim - Follow the Leader
Pete Rock & C.L. Smooth
Daft Punk - Homework
Diamond D - Stunts Blunts and Hip Hop
Madlib - Shades of Blue
Viktor Vaugh - Vaudeville Villian

i had VV, Follow the Leader and Mecca and the Soul Brother on my comp, had never seen them in store before though. been waiting to find that VV album for about a year now.

i cant stress enough how good rjd2 is on those albums (and the other Soul Position albums), its a shame he released that excuse for an album 'Third Hand' and is now "trying to go pop". hes probably in my top 5 producers of all time now.

Deadringer would be as good as Endtroducing if hed just cut out Jakki and Copyrite, it just disrupts the album (if anyone has the intrumental, i would appreciate them greately), but the track with Blueprint works well

still a 9.5/10 easily.

and i wanted to buy the Avalanches album, but couldnt find it. maybe i wasnt looking hard enough...

DJMethods
08-19-2007, 11:38 AM
Shit man. where'd you get VV from?

Rame
08-19-2007, 11:38 AM
Yeah, make this a sticky, there was a thread like this but that kept dissapearing.

Most recent for me:

Arts the Beatdoctor - Transitions

Dutch producer but well known in Japan and some other places, it's very good.

brown_dogg
08-19-2007, 11:41 AM
the most recent 3 i got was

De La Soul - The Grind Date
Raekwon - OB4CL
Clipse - Hell Hath No Fury

the clipse is probably my favourite outta the 3. the de la release is full of good shit too, but it's not as banging as the other two.

Longbongcilvaringz
08-19-2007, 11:44 AM
Shit man. where'd you get VV from?

dada. honestly, ive been too lazy to order it in, but ive been looking out for it for so long. never thought id see it, but there it was.

dada have a dope selection of hip hop, i missed out on RJD2's "The Horror" though, looks like another head picked it up.

anyway, got my tax return so ive been spending like a drunken sailor lol.

TAURO
08-19-2007, 11:44 AM
Diamond D - Stunts Blunts and Hip Hop

This is a dope album.

At the moment I seem to be going through an old school hip hop phase, im going back into my collection and purchasing the albums I missed out first time round with groups like Black Sheep for example.

DJMethods
08-19-2007, 11:52 AM
dada. honestly, ive been too lazy to order it in, but ive been looking out for it for so long. never thought id see it, but there it was.

dada have a dope selection of hip hop, i missed out on RJD2's "The Horror" though, looks like another head picked it up.

anyway, got my tax return so ive been spending like a drunken sailor lol.

might have to hit up Dada. Cleared Planet out of nearly everything I want, although they get orders in all the time. Even copped Buhloone Mindstate on vinyl there.

GhettoGnom
08-19-2007, 11:54 AM
Mumbles with Aceyalone - Transformations / Illuminations
Pharoahe Monch - Desire
Kool G Rap - 4, 5, 6

TAURO
08-19-2007, 11:57 AM
I also bought Pharohe Monch's Desire album a few weeks back too.

Longbongcilvaringz
08-19-2007, 11:58 AM
This is a dope album.

At the moment I seem to be going through an old school hip hop phase, im going back into my collection and purchasing the albums I missed out first time round with groups like Black Sheep for example.

yeah, love Black Sheeps first album.

im going the other way, like i picked up "Follow the Leader" and "Mecca & The Soul Brother". but both those album have had maybe 1 or 2 spins each, while ive been really getting into El-p, RJD2, Soul Position, Blueprint solo shit. not sure why, i still like all the 90's hip hop, it just seems familiar to me, not saying thats a problem. ive just never been fully into so called "alternate" hip hop before, except for Eyedea & Abilites and Atmosphere.

anway, im sure no one cares.

Jon Quest
08-19-2007, 12:05 PM
common - finding forever

last album before that was back when hell hath no fury came out, i plan on pickin up more albums soon though since good shit is comin out, kanye and kweli

TAURO
08-19-2007, 12:06 PM
yeah, love Black Sheeps first album.

im going the other way, like i picked up "Follow the Leader" and "Mecca & The Soul Brother". but both those album have had maybe 1 or 2 spins each, while ive been really getting into El-p, RJD2, Soul Position, Blueprint solo shit. not sure why, i still like all the 90's hip hop, it just seems familiar to me, not saying thats a problem. ive just never been fully into so called "alternate" hip hop before, except for Eyedea & Abilites and Atmosphere.

anway, im sure no one cares.

I think it's fair to say that every now and again we all go through these phases which is why I love hip hop so much, there are just different styles to choose from that it's just great when you either go back to shit you haven't heard in a while or you checkout a new artist and then you spent a huge amount of time checkingout his entire discography....kind of like what I did after hearing MF DOOM for the first time.

Longbongcilvaringz
08-19-2007, 12:31 PM
yeah, definitely.

hip hop is one of the most diverse genres, i mean just listening to the shit ive picked up recently, most of the stuff isnt even comparable in terms of sound. but its all quality stuff.

i'll probably pick up something tomorrow, will post up my selections.

Durag
08-20-2007, 05:33 AM
Ya Black Sheep - A Wolf In Sheeps Clothes is a dope as fuck album. I picked up Pharoahe Monch - Desire, Infamous Mobb - Special Edition, based on a recommendation from a friend, i knew it wasnt gonna be all that but he insisted, and i was right. Its ok, the beats are good but some of the rapping is substandard.

I only picked up Killah Priest - Priesthood a while ago too. Thats a dope album, lyrically he is on point, some of the beats arent the best though.

noel411
08-20-2007, 06:01 AM
Last shit I bought was the new K-Rino album, 'Book Number 7', and it's fucken excellent. Definitely one of his best albums.

Ordered the new KP joint the other day too.

GhettoGnom
08-20-2007, 06:55 AM
Last shit I bought was the new K-Rino album, 'Book Number 7', and it's fucken excellent. Definitely one of his best albums.

Word... Amnesia is the sickest track.

cap
08-20-2007, 08:47 AM
last 2 albums i copped were

talib kweli - eardrum (fuckin love this album!!)
common - finding forever

i could probably go a long time bangin just these 2 dope albums,but im addicted i gotta cope more and more and more...

ow and i copped 'the godfather' soundtrack9:|6

famenchuan
08-20-2007, 09:06 AM
Lounge Lo- Drop City
Black Jesus- TGSNT
Fes Taylor- Two For War
Harlem 6- Lost Files
Spark 950 and Timbo King EP
King Just- Mystics of God
G-notes- Corner Luv
Zu Chronices 2 and 3
5 Ft Hyper Sniper presents off da block family
M-Eight- Hymns, Psalms and Street Sounds
Killah Priest-Black August
Cryptic One- Anti Mobius Strip Theory

Tomorrow- Killah Priest- The Offering

tragedykhadafi12
08-20-2007, 10:48 AM
a whole bunch of good music lately can't list them all. Priest will definitely be bought tomorrow too

SG
08-20-2007, 12:05 PM
last album was DEADLY VENOM: Still Standing

Checking out what the women of hiphop have to offer, not really big on buying album that come out immediately

Ink Is My Drink
08-20-2007, 12:34 PM
common finding forever

public enemy how you sell soul

both sick albums

prob getting talib kweli eardrum next

CHRONZ
08-20-2007, 01:02 PM
Pharoahe Monch - Desire

Sean Price - Jesus Price Superstar

12weLvE
08-20-2007, 01:08 PM
Killah Priest - The Offering (Yes Already Got it)
Common - Finding Forever
Pharoe Monch - Desire
Chino XL - Here To Save You all
Eminem- 8 Mile Soundtrack

The Lost Prophet
08-21-2007, 12:27 AM
outkast-aquemini

of coarse its a dope album...never could find it in stores so i finally bought it online

the roots-illadelph halflife

my brothers car got jacked and this cd was in it, so i went out and copped it

this thread needs to be stickied cuz i like to read about what people copped lately and what they think seeing how im now hella stingy about buying cds cuz i dont trust most new artists cuz 80% of them have sucked

Rame
08-21-2007, 02:47 PM
Sticky! Sticky! Sticky!

Where the mods at?

Bought LL Cool J - The Definition.

Not a very good album, some decent songs, some wack beats but i've always liked LL, and it was cheap.

Meta4
08-21-2007, 04:50 PM
I straight bought some classics recently from amazon. BDP, Kool G and Polo, Edo. G, Eric B. and Rakim. Feels good to get the actual copies. Theres som many dope album I don't own... fuck money.

TAURO
08-21-2007, 04:58 PM
I straight bought some classics recently from amazon. BDP, Kool G and Polo, Edo. G, Eric B. and Rakim. Feels good to get the actual copies. Theres som many dope album I don't own... fuck money.

If you like that classic shit I would seriously recommend...

Black Sheep - Wolf In Sheep's Clotheing

Tragedy Khadafi - Intelligent Hoodlum double album. (it's his first two albums re-released together)

Rame
08-21-2007, 05:23 PM
I bought A wolf in sheeps clothing a while ago and don't think it's that great, might be because I haven't listened it very often.

Flavor of the month is classic though.
Edit: The choice is yours too haha.

I thought it was a bit clownish.

TAURO
08-21-2007, 05:28 PM
I bought A wolf in sheeps clothing a while ago and don't think it's that great, might be because I haven't listened it very often.

Flavor of the month is classic though.
Edit: The choice is yours too haha.

I thought it was a bit clownish.

Give it a few more spins....let it sink in more.

Meta4
08-21-2007, 05:47 PM
If you like that classic shit I would seriously recommend...

Black Sheep - Wolf In Sheep's Clotheing

Tragedy Khadafi - Intelligent Hoodlum double album. (it's his first two albums re-released together)

I got both the original copies of Tragedy's CD's already and I have slept, slept, slept on Black Sheep for so damn long. I might still buy Trag's re-releases though for nostalgic purposes.

TAURO
08-21-2007, 05:51 PM
I got both the original copies of Tragedy's CD's already and I have slept, slept, slept on Black Sheep for so damn long. I might still buy Trag's re-releases though for nostalgic purposes.

I have been the one that has slept on Tragedy bigtime.......I won't make that mistake in future. Im glad that I have started with his early shit, now im gonna work my way up.

Meta4
08-21-2007, 06:01 PM
^^^ Still Reportin' is fuckin ridiculous. Classic shit in my opinion. "Neva Die Alone (Part 2)" is godly. I been sayin this for YEARS, YEARS but EVERYONE who like Tragedy should mos def check out a group he used to polly with called "Starr Blazz". They are 100000% UNDOUBTEDELY the illest fuckin group I've come across since the WU. Lyrically and production wise the only cat close to them is Saigon and no one is fuckin with Saigon on a solo tip right now.

STARRRRRRR BLAZZZZZZZ. Go cop the Guns-N-Butter mixtape "Raise The Hammer Vol. 3" on that note.

fall
08-21-2007, 06:05 PM
phinally phamous-lil wyte...the worst rap i've ever heard idk how the hell this guy is phamous.

Bis Fan
08-21-2007, 06:08 PM
Eardrum

It's CRACK

ShaDynasty
08-21-2007, 06:13 PM
recently copped:
M.I.A. - Kala
Common - Finding Forever

McTom
08-22-2007, 04:40 AM
Dizzee Rascal - Maths & English. It's pretty good. Better than his second album.

Durag
08-22-2007, 05:12 AM
I have been the one that has slept on Tragedy bigtime.......I won't make that mistake in future. Im glad that I have started with his early shit, now im gonna work my way up.

Hes one rapper ive been sleepin on big time too, i dont have any of his shit, think imma start though. I might make Intelligent Hoodlum my next purchase, along with the Offering

shaolinskater
08-22-2007, 08:56 AM
*nodes Of Ranvier

*darkest Hour

*as I Lay Dying -new Album Came Out Monday!!

DJMethods
08-22-2007, 10:26 AM
El-P - I'll Sleep When You're Dead

Dope as

Second Coming
08-22-2007, 12:16 PM
There's a bunch of new shit that's come out all at once and I haven't been able to cop most of it cuz I just went through a transition in jobs and I'm currently broke. Here's a list of albums that I've copped this summer:

J Dilla-Ruff Draft
DJ Jazzy Jeff-The Return Of The Magnificent
KRS-ONE+Marley Marl-Hip-Hop Lives
Pharoahe Monch-Desire
Sean Price-Master P mixtape
Common-Finding Forever
Killah Priest-The Offering

And here's a list of albums that I will be copping in the next couple of weeks after I get my money situation straight:

Boot Camp Clik-Casualties Of War (can't believe nobody else listed this in their recent buys...)
Public Enemy-How You Sell Soul...
Talib Kweli-Eardrum
Madlib-Beat Konducta in India

Prolifical ENG
08-22-2007, 12:29 PM
big week for me:

Blackmoon - Enta Da Stage
Smif and Wessun - Da Shinin
UGK Ridin Dirty
UGK - Underground Kingz
The Union Prensents: Organized Rhymes

used CDs under $10:

Akinyele - Vagina Diner
Cocoa Brovaz - The Rude Awakening
Tim Dog- Penicilin of Wax
Brand Nubian - The Foundation
Soulja Slim - Give it 2 Em

Rame
08-22-2007, 04:09 PM
recently copped:
M.I.A. - Kala
Common - Finding Forever

What are your thoughts on the M.I.A. album?

Meta4
08-22-2007, 10:30 PM
big week for me:

Blackmoon - Enta Da Stage
Smif and Wessun - Da Shinin
UGK Ridin Dirty
UGK - Underground Kingz
The Union Prensents: Organized Rhymes

used CDs under $10:

Akinyele - Vagina Diner
Cocoa Brovaz - The Rude Awakening
Tim Dog- Penicilin of Wax
Brand Nubian - The Foundation
Soulja Slim - Give it 2 Em

Props on the DuckDown cops.

Kenny Powers
08-22-2007, 11:00 PM
talib-ear drum
common- finding forever

- 2 really good buys

FatherSl!me
08-22-2007, 11:42 PM
boot camp click - casualties of war 4/5
album is sick. pick it up

LuckyTheWonderDog
08-23-2007, 01:07 PM
Chester P - From The Ashes (single from up-coming album)
Manage - (Live) In Protest

Both dope as hell uk hip-hop.

Insight - Targetting Zones
Insight - The Maysun Project
Project Move - Love Gone Wrong/The Butterfly Movement
Eulorhythmics - Extended Play EP
Eulorhythmics - Society
Blackalicious - Blazing Arrow
Aesop Rock - Float
Asamov - And Now..
The Weathermen - Conspiracy
Hieroglyphics - 3rd Eye Vision

All really dope.

Senim Silla - The Name, The Motto, The Outcome

Really dissapointing as Binary Star's Masters Of The Universe album is a favourite and this just seems pretty weak.

TAURO
08-23-2007, 01:28 PM
Senim Silla - The Name, The Motto, The Outcome

Really dissapointing as Binary Star's Masters Of The Universe album is a favourite and this just seems pretty weak.

I dl this first because I couldn't wait. After giving it a few spins I was very disapointed.......but you know what, I think this ones a grower.

LuckyTheWonderDog
08-23-2007, 01:29 PM
I dl this first because I couldn't wait. After giving it a few spins I was very disapointed.......but you know what, I think this ones a grower.

Yeah? I'll have to have another listen.

Surprisingly, it wasn't the beats (as often spoil albums) but the rapping I wasn't feeling. Hard to believe from the guy who did Slang Blade - one of the sickest underground tracks of all time.

TAURO
08-23-2007, 01:32 PM
Yeah? I'll have to have another listen.

Surprisingly, it wasn't the beats (as often spoil albums) but the rapping I wasn't feeling. Hard to believe from the guy who did Slang Blade - one of the sickest underground tracks of all time.

He was doing alot of that singing type rap, first time I heard it I was like wtf?..I even doublechecked to see if I had the right album...lol.

LuckyTheWonderDog
08-23-2007, 01:34 PM
^^ ha ha!

Longbongcilvaringz
08-23-2007, 01:47 PM
Silla killed Masters of The Universe, a fair bit better than One.be.lo in my opinion. its a shame to hear his solo isnt great, i might give it a shot anyway.

LuckyTheWonderDog
08-23-2007, 04:02 PM
Silla killed Masters of The Universe, a fair bit better than One.be.lo in my opinion. its a shame to hear his solo isnt great, i might give it a shot anyway.

I'd definately recommend listening/downloading first.

Rame
08-23-2007, 06:22 PM
Opgezwolle - Spuugdingen op de Mic
Flexican - Top Notch Mixtape
Camp Lo - Uptown Saturday Night
Bronze Nazareth - The Great Migration
Snowgoons - German Lugers
Fugees - Score
Das EFX - How we do
The Roots - Illadelph Halflife
Gnarls Barkley - St. Elsewhere
RZA - Ghost Dog Soundtrack
Pete Rock - Soul Survivor
Talib Kweli & Madlib - Liberation
Kraak & Smaak - Boogie Angst
X-Ecutioners - Revolutions
The Foreign Exchange - Connected
Dizzee Rascal - Boy in da Corner
Dizzee Rascal - Showtime
Dizzee Rascal - Maths + English

ShaDynasty
08-24-2007, 02:22 PM
What are your thoughts on the M.I.A. album?

well it smashes the common album to bits

i think its better than her first album, its totally original stuff, catchy and fresh, theres not a throwaway track on there.

Commons new album might be his worst to date, i mean its not awful and production wise its near perfect, but its like common sense on autopilot lyrically. I was kind of disappointed but at least Kanyes beats make up for it.

Rame
08-24-2007, 04:40 PM
Aight, it has a fresh sound to it, but I thought it was a bit too much humpty bumpty bleep bleep if you know what I mean, nice if you have good speakers but not really special in an artistic sense.

Didn't hear it all the way though, I stopped at the track with the kids voices and guns (I work at a pretty commercial record store, don't think customers will like that).

The Common album is indeed pretty much auto pilot, I enjoy listening to it though.

Meta4
08-24-2007, 06:59 PM

Just call it a boner album...

Reiko
08-26-2007, 11:22 AM
I've just bought Method Man & Redman - Blackout! and CNN - The War Report

Masta Chilla
08-26-2007, 04:57 PM
i bought Nas "It Was Written"

THE W
08-26-2007, 05:18 PM
got immobilarity for $6.

TAURO
09-01-2007, 06:57 PM
Just picked up.....

A Tribe Called Quest - Peoples Instinctive Travels....

Killah Priest - The Offering

Domingo (compilation various rappers) - The Most Underated

Richard Nixon
09-01-2007, 08:20 PM
Just copped:
Madlib - Beat Conducta in India
Qbs Finest Album <<only 5.99
and The Game - Docs Advocate <<been wanting to get this for a while

peace

HarlemDiplomat
09-01-2007, 11:36 PM
Bought today:

Raekwon Presents Ice Water Polluted Water

BRONZBODY
09-02-2007, 12:06 AM
common-finding forever

pretty fuckin good i liked be slightly better but this is a banger

TAURO
09-02-2007, 05:04 AM
Bought today:

Raekwon Presents Ice Water Polluted Water

I was playing this album at the store yesterday, I was quite suprised by how decent the production was. Lyrically I thought they where weak but no worse than a lot of rappers out there, I will say that it's miles better than Freemurdas shitty album.

HarlemDiplomat
09-02-2007, 05:12 AM
I was playing this album at the store yesterday, I was quite suprised by how decent the production was. Lyrically I thought they where weak but no worse than a lot of rappers out there, I will say that it's miles better than Freemurdas shitty album.

True, I feel the same way after listening to it.

These Ice Water guys are pretty much thug rappers and yet they don't possess the imagery in their lyrics like Rae. I don't know what it is but they just don't stand out.

Theres not alot of charisma there with them.

I mean, I gotta be in the mood for music like this...

but yeah the production is on point. I expected more from that 36 Mafia collab but the joint with Rick Ross surprised me.

Average album that can def. be forgotten... maybe pulled up years later for 20 minutes of reflection and thats about it.

TAURO
09-02-2007, 05:29 AM
True, I feel the same way after listening to it.

These Ice Water guys are pretty much thug rappers and yet they don't possess the imagery in their lyrics like Rae. I don't know what it is but they just don't stand out.

Theres not alot of charisma there with them.

I mean, I gotta be in the mood for music like this...

but yeah the production is on point. I expected more from that 36 Mafia collab but the joint with Rick Ross surprised me.

Average album that can def. be forgotten... maybe pulled up years later for 20 minutes of reflection and thats about it.

I think if they didn't have so many guests, it may have been a better album. I will say though that from hearing it I didn't learn a thing about the group nor could I tell who was who. I was at the store so I didn't give it a proper listen and it would need a few more spins to judge it properly but from what I heard I wasn't impressed either.

famenchuan
09-02-2007, 10:22 AM
Rakim- Paid in Full
Slick Rick- Geat adventures of
Guru presents ill kid records
Brand new copy of The last shall be first

Durag
09-03-2007, 05:45 AM
Just copped:

MF Doom - MM.. Food Reissue (Love It)

DJ Jazzy Jeff - Return Of The Magnificant (Love It)

The Genius - Words From The Genius (GZA's lyrics are ill on this, its nice to hear him rappin bout stuff he normally doesnt, like women and partying. Production isnt amazin, but its pretty solid)

Lord Finesse & DJ Mike Smooth - The Funky Technician (Fuckin amazing!!! production is steller the whole way through Premo has 6 beats, Diamond D has 6, Showbiz has 2 and Mike Smooth has 1. Finesse is a seriously dope MC, and 'Girl, You Nasty (New Version)', is one of my fav tracks at the mo. An absolutly DOPE track, classic beat from Premo & Finesse on point.

LuckyTheWonderDog
09-03-2007, 07:34 AM
^^ Gotta love that old Finesse shit.

famenchuan
09-15-2007, 11:48 PM
Kool G Rap- Road To Riches, 4,5,6
C Rayz Walz- Chrous Rhyme
DJ Muggs vs Sick Jacken
Black Moon- enta da stage
Jeru- wrath of math
Big Daddy Kane- It's a big daddy thing
Killah Priest- the offering

Longbongcilvaringz
09-16-2007, 12:45 AM
Aesop Rock - None Shall Pass

Marc051
09-16-2007, 10:18 AM
Let's see, in the last 2 months I copped the following:

Boot Camp - Casualties of War (3/5)
Aesop Rock - None Shall Pass (still unopened)
DJ Muggs vs Sick Jacken (5/5)
Underclassmen - Underclassmen (4.5/5)
Ill Bill - Black Metal Mixtape (2.5/5)

claaa7
09-16-2007, 11:34 AM
Bought alot of albums lately, my latest 5 buys were these. I've collected both Nas and Jay-Z's discography's (albums) the latest months and the only one I don't have rigt now is Nastradamus:

Kanye West / Graduation
Nas / Hip-Hop Is Dead
Jay-Z / Life & Times Of S.Carter
Rakim / The Master
Lupe Fiasco / Food & Liquor

Sideoutfox
09-16-2007, 08:32 PM
kool keith- Black elvis/lost in space
ultramagnetic mc's- critical beatdown
The DOC- No one can do it better
masters of illusion

SilvaFistz
09-16-2007, 08:36 PM
i just bought dj muggs vs sick jacken

it had been a while since i had bought a cd. there wasnt anything that caught my ear as much as this cd did.

Storm
09-16-2007, 10:00 PM
Beatie Boys-Licensed To Ill
Onyx-BacDaFucUp

madstyles
09-17-2007, 02:43 PM
madlib - beat konducta india
common - be
d angelo - brown sugar

TAURO
09-22-2007, 06:36 AM
I just picked up "Words from the Genius".................It's fucking dope, I can't believe I ignored it for so long, I actually had the chance of picking it up twelve years ago and I passed on it for some stupid unexplained reason.

I also picked up Joe Arroyo's greatest hits. For those that don't know he is a legendary salsa/merengue artist from Colombia.

Rame
09-22-2007, 12:43 PM
Sticks & Delic - Fakkelteit

shinobi4227
09-22-2007, 01:29 PM
Cypress hill - Temple of Doom

DJMethods
09-22-2007, 03:03 PM
Cypress hill - Temple of Doom

Temple of Boom, bro

picked up weird shit today.

diana ross, pharcyde, odb, rolling stones, and some weird 60s jazz/soul/funk shit. all pretty good though.

diana ross has her shit set to the wrong BPM, play it at about 32 1/2 and it sounds so much better.

WeMadeIt
09-22-2007, 03:36 PM
Kool G Rap & DJ Polo - Road to the Riches, Wanted: Dead or Alive
A Tribe called Quest - Wanted: Dead or Alive
Big Daddy Kane - Long Live the Kane

Longbongcilvaringz
09-24-2007, 10:01 AM
Nightmares on Wax - Smoker Delight
Aesop Rock - Labor Days

bruinlax22
09-24-2007, 10:52 AM
Disciples of the 36 Chambers
Wu-Tang Forever (Best CD I ever bought)
Only Built for Cuban Linx(didn't receive in mail yet)

VallKano
09-25-2007, 02:41 AM
havoc-the kush and im feelin it bangin album
hell rell is what im buyin on my next day off

THE W
09-25-2007, 09:35 AM
kanye west - graduation 8/10

Buzk
09-25-2007, 09:39 AM
bought K-os - exit a while back, waiting on the offering and no said date from amazon

LuckyTheWonderDog
09-25-2007, 09:42 AM
MF Grimm - The Hunt For The Gingerbread Man
MF Grimm - The Order Of The Baker: Gingerbread Man Mixtape

Both making their way to me by airmail.

TAURO
09-25-2007, 09:54 AM
^^Spinx when you review grimms album be sure to write about the mixtape too.

I suppose I state that I bought DJ Muggs VS Sick Jacken album but it has yet to arrive.

LuckyTheWonderDog
09-25-2007, 10:13 AM
^^ Yeah, I'll put some detail into the exclusive tracks.

VallKano
09-25-2007, 03:47 PM
i previewed the first 3 tracks on gingerbread and had to quit listening I NEED TO BUY THIS ALBUM

Longbongcilvaringz
09-27-2007, 01:41 PM
Yesterday:

Pharcyde - Labcabincalifornia

Today:

El-P - Fantastic Damage
C-Rayz-Walz - Ravipops
Brother Ali - Shadows on the Sun

and another Nightmares on Wax album.

elantratuner
09-27-2007, 02:13 PM
Most recent albums for me are :
Crystal Method-Tweekend
Urban Flowcase Volume X
Das EFX-How We Do
LL Cool J-G.O.A.T. Featuring James. T. Smith.
Dubnobasswithmyheadman-Underworld

A1ex
09-27-2007, 02:14 PM
The other day I bought:

Oh No- Dr No's Oxperiment
J Dilla- Ruff Draft
Kidz In The Hall- School Was My Hustle

All three are great. Especially the Oh No album, can't stop listening to it.

elantratuner
09-27-2007, 02:15 PM
Disciples of the 36 Chambers
Wu-Tang Forever (Best CD I ever bought)
Only Built for Cuban Linx(didn't receive in mail yet)

OB4CL tops Forever!!

DJMethods
09-27-2007, 02:32 PM
I've gotta pick up a Oh No album. I heard one song but wasnt feeling it that much... on computer speakers tho.

Longbongcilvaringz
09-27-2007, 02:55 PM
If you havent already got any Oh No stuff.. get "Exodus Into Unheard Rhythms".

probably my favourite of last year.

i few more releases and i might put out there that Oh No > Madlib... i dont think many people would agree though lol.

TAURO
09-27-2007, 03:12 PM
I just bought the re-release of Kurious George's "A Constipated Monkey" album, if anyone has any love for ninties hip hop they will pick this much slept on classic of 94.

ShaDynasty
09-27-2007, 05:56 PM
Lord Finesse - The Awakening
Northstar - RZA presents
Pitch Black - Pitch Black Law

all recommended, 'The Awakening' is classic

Obnoxious
09-27-2007, 06:51 PM
Cormega - Special Edition (The Realness & The True Meaning)
CunninLynguists - Will Rap For Food

Reiko
10-01-2007, 12:56 PM
Joell Ortiz - The Brick
MF Grimm - Hunt For The Gingerbread Man

Rame
10-01-2007, 04:00 PM
Beastie Boys - To The 5 Boroughs
Beastie Boys - Paul's Boutique

LuckyTheWonderDog
10-02-2007, 12:50 PM
MF Grimm - Hunt For The Gingerbread Man

Have spent the day listening to this. It's fuckin amazing. For me it's easily album of the year. A lean 10 tracks (+ intro, outro and a remix) with one guest verse, in the best tradition of the old days of getting straight to the point and not filling albums with extra sub par tracks, loads of cameos and hundreds of skits.

The entire albums one big metaphoar of Candyland as real life, and this concept succeeds through some genius lyrics. The beats (all handled by Australian producers) are also top notch in that simple dusty loop, fat soul drums and a tocuh of vinyl crackle old school kind of way. Simply superb. I recommend everyone goes and buys it.

elantratuner
10-02-2007, 01:25 PM
Beastie Boys - To The 5 Boroughs
Beastie Boys - Paul's Boutique

Beastie Boys are dope LOL, Pauls Botuique is defninatlwey the better album but I still dont mind To The 5 Boroughs. Licence To Ill is good & Hello Nasty as well.

TAURO
10-02-2007, 01:39 PM
Have spent the day listening to this. It's fuckin amazing. For me it's easily album of the year. A lean 10 tracks (+ intro, outro and a remix) with one guest verse, in the best tradition of the old days of getting straight to the point and not filling albums with extra sub par tracks, loads of cameos and hundreds of skits.

The entire albums one big metaphoar of Candyland as real life, and this concept succeeds through some genius lyrics. The beats (all handled by Australian producers) are also top notch in that simple dusty loop, fat soul drums and a tocuh of vinyl crackle old school kind of way. Simply superb. I recommend everyone goes and buys it.

Im gonna pick it up based on your recommendation.

Rame
10-02-2007, 01:42 PM
Beastie Boys are dope LOL, Pauls Botuique is defninatlwey the better album but I still dont mind To The 5 Boroughs. Licence To Ill is good & Hello Nasty as well.

Yeah, I didn't really listen to them before, copped these and will definetly get more.

LuckyTheWonderDog
10-02-2007, 02:29 PM
Im gonna pick it up based on your recommendation.

Cool. I really hope you like it though! Having said that, I can't see how anyone who likes Grimm wouldn't think it was excellent.

THE W
10-02-2007, 02:46 PM
since its never been specified that this is hip-hop only and theres no thread like this in sound shack:

bjork - volta 8/10

Longbongcilvaringz
10-02-2007, 02:56 PM
^ whats the best bjork album in your opinion?

im also going to pick up the grimm album on strong reviews, im hopeful that i enjoy it more than American Hunger.

THE W
10-02-2007, 03:18 PM
definitely homogenic. vaspertine is excellent as well. i like all of her albums except for medula.

Longbongcilvaringz
10-02-2007, 03:21 PM
ok, i'll check it out.

ive always liked most bjork stuff ive heard, just never picked up an album.

cheers.

TAURO
10-02-2007, 05:14 PM
since its never been specified that this is hip-hop only and theres no thread like this in sound shack:

bjork - volta 8/10

The fact that it's in the HIP HOP section would mean that it's for hip hop albums........but im not bothered either way, post what you want.

A1ex
10-02-2007, 05:57 PM
In the last week or so:

Percee P- Perseverance
Madlib- Beat Konducta In India
Murs & 9th Wonder- Murs 3:16 The 9th Edition
Jay Dee- Jay Deelicious: 95-98 (The Delicious Vinyl Years)

TAURO
10-02-2007, 06:39 PM
^^I love that Murs album, it's one of my favourates.

LuckyTheWonderDog
10-03-2007, 01:18 PM
In the last week or so:

Percee P- Perseverance
Madlib- Beat Konducta In India
Murs & 9th Wonder- Murs 3:16 The 9th Edition
Jay Dee- Jay Deelicious: 95-98 (The Delicious Vinyl Years)

How's the Percee P album? I'm gonna pick it up when I get paid. I love Dilla, but didn't really get that album as it's just the tracks he did with Pharcyde and stuff, nothing new.

VallKano
10-03-2007, 02:41 PM
i dont like how percee p raps so that ones a skip for me the best beat was wit aesop rock which sucks cuz aesop is annoying as shit

LuckyTheWonderDog
10-03-2007, 05:30 PM
^^ I guess it makes sense that you wouldn't like the album if you don't like the mc...

Not hip-hop, but I also just bought:

Trojan Rocksteady Box Set
Trojan Roots Box Set
Trojan Dub Box Set
Trojan Ska Box Set

They're all 50 track triple disc anniversary (40 years of Trojan) sets, for only 7 each in Virgin Megastores (in the UK obviouslly).

VallKano
10-04-2007, 02:54 AM
ehhh...whatever
bought
styles-the ghost sessions
tum tum-eat or get ate
hell rell-for the hell of it

A1ex
10-04-2007, 06:25 PM
How's the Percee P album? I'm gonna pick it up when I get paid. I love Dilla, but didn't really get that album as it's just the tracks he did with Pharcyde and stuff, nothing new.

It's cool man, good album. Got a nice old school meets new school kinda vibe to it. Percee with the old school flow and Madlib on the beats. They work well together. Couple of nice guest spots on there too. Just a nice piece of work all round really.

Next purchase for me is gonna be the Grimm album you've got in your signature there I think. Not sure how available it'll be over here though. Took me a while to get a copy of American Hunger last year. Was well worth it though.

VallKano
10-05-2007, 02:12 AM
next paycheck about 100 dollars goin to UGHH.com for shit i wont be able to find in stores

SickT
10-05-2007, 03:46 AM
Just picked up Public Enemys new album. gotta bump that later today...

LuckyTheWonderDog
10-05-2007, 03:59 AM
It's cool man, good album. Got a nice old school meets new school kinda vibe to it. Percee with the old school flow and Madlib on the beats. They work well together. Couple of nice guest spots on there too. Just a nice piece of work all round really.

Next purchase for me is gonna be the Grimm album you've got in your signature there I think. Not sure how available it'll be over here though. Took me a while to get a copy of American Hunger last year. Was well worth it though.

I'm in the UK, but I ordered it from UGHH in the US. I found it later on a UK site, but even including the cost of airmail it still didn't cost any more from UGHH than it would have done from the UK site and I got some other cool stuff at the same time.

Edgar Erebus
10-05-2007, 06:27 AM
Das EFX - Hold It Down

Hypnotik Pimp
10-05-2007, 11:35 AM
soulja boy

Durag
10-05-2007, 11:57 AM
A Tribe Called Quest - The Love Movement

Havent listened to it yet, just got it coz its ATCQ. I havent heard the best reviews about it, but still.

LuckyTheWonderDog
10-05-2007, 12:02 PM
^^ The only Tribe album I barely felt at all. Got it for my brother as a gift, listened to it once or maybe twice and didn't even bother to copy it.

ShaDynasty
10-05-2007, 02:31 PM

Havent listened to it yet, just got it coz its ATCQ. I havent heard the best reviews about it, but still.

its not awful, its just fairly average, still dilla on the production, and a couple of stand out tracks

J-DON
10-06-2007, 07:09 PM
I thiiink the last thing i bought was Made In Brooklyn.

Durag
10-08-2007, 08:44 AM

^^ The only Tribe album I barely felt at all. Got it for my brother as a gift, listened to it once or maybe twice and didn't even bother to copy it.

its not awful, its just fairly average, still dilla on the production, and a couple of stand out tracks

I listened to this quite a few times over the last few days, and have to say its a majot dissapointment. Like Sosa said, its not awful, but its very fuckin average. All the beats sound the same, one or two arent bad, but they just get lost in between all the rest. Lyrically, their still fairly sharp, although nothing groundbreaking.

The main problem i find is its very boring. The whole cd is the same thing over and over, and right now i cant remember a single bar or beat, and i have no interest in hearing it again to be honest. But i will give it another few go's, just coz its ATCQ

LuckyTheWonderDog
10-08-2007, 09:15 AM
^^ Probably the only thing Dilla was involved with that I didn't really feel.

graffitiwhat
10-08-2007, 10:16 AM
NYGZ - Welcome 2 G-Dom, 100 percent heat

Longbongcilvaringz
10-09-2007, 11:01 AM
today i got:

Ltyrx - The Album

http://lyricsborn.com/catalog/images/latyrx_album.gif

RJD2 - The Horror

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00008NFO4.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Obnoxious
10-09-2007, 11:40 AM
Mos Def - Black On Both Sides
Percee P - Perseverance

graffitiwhat
10-09-2007, 03:17 PM
yo that percee p album is ill

claaa7
10-09-2007, 03:33 PM
Eric B & Rakim - Let The Rhythm Hit 'Em
Dogg Pound - Dogg Food
Mobb Deep - Hell On Earth
VA - 8 Mile Soundtrack

TAURO
10-17-2007, 08:53 PM
up

oldie
10-18-2007, 05:07 PM
Past few weeks:

Kanye West - Graduation (waaay over hyped)
Busta Rhymes - The Coming (not feeling)
Percee P - Perserverance (pretty nice)
Canibus - Can-I-Bus (crap/corny)
Nas - Scriptures & Testaments (nothing great)

On the way:
Meth - Blunt Force vol.1
Nas - The Prophecy vol.2
Jadakiss - Kiss Of Death & Kiss Tha Game Goodbye

and one of these best be real dope to make up for the lack of quality ive bought lately!!!!

VallKano
10-18-2007, 11:16 PM
Past few weeks:

Kanye West - Graduation (waaay over hyped)
Busta Rhymes - The Coming (not feeling)
Percee P - Perserverance (pretty nice)
Canibus - Can-I-Bus (crap/corny)
Nas - Scriptures & Testaments (nothing great)

On the way:
Meth - Blunt Force vol.1
Nas - The Prophecy vol.2
Jadakiss - Kiss Of Death & Kiss Tha Game Goodbye

and one of these best be real dope to make up for the lack of quality ive bought lately!!!!

doubt ur gonna be highly impressed considering meth/nas dont release too much mixtape songs and those are mostly old joints...jadas albums are STRAIGHT

11th Chamber
10-18-2007, 11:25 PM
what I have bought over the last few weeks...

RZA - Afro Samurai OST
Inspectah Deck - Uncontrolled Substance
GZA - Beneath The Surface
Ghost Dog (US Version, im buyin the Japanese version eventually, its about $40 tho...)
Big Tymers - How You Love That Vol. 2
B.G. - Chopper City In The Ghetto
B.G. - True Story

VallKano
10-18-2007, 11:49 PM
i got ghost dog japan for $25 in milwaukee...DOPE!!! at exclusive company

11th Chamber
10-18-2007, 11:53 PM
^^^ Shit you lucky

Here is the one im gettin...

http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=21265566

TAURO
10-18-2007, 11:56 PM
^^Is the japanese version mostly instrumental?

VallKano
10-19-2007, 01:21 AM
yeh its dope as hell too

Rame
10-19-2007, 04:47 AM
I paid 8 euro for mine and it was new, regular version though.

DJ KnowHow - Straatwaarde
Keynote Speakerz - Record

SickT
10-19-2007, 05:28 AM
Yesterday i Bought

Talib Kweli: Quality
Eric B & Rakim: Follow The Leader
Both 10 euros

The Hound
10-19-2007, 05:30 AM
yesterday i got

MF Grimm - the hunt for the gingerbread man

bad boy T
10-19-2007, 06:32 AM
I recently bought...

Ghostface killah - Ironman
Nas - QB (Queens Bridge Finest)
The Lox - Money Power and Respect

claaa7
10-19-2007, 09:36 AM
KRS-One & Marley Marl - Hip-Hop Lives
Intelligent Hoodlum / Intelligent Hoodlum+Tragedy; Saga Of A Hoodlum
The Firm / The Album
Pete Rock & C.L. Smooth - Mecca & The Soul Brother

LuckyTheWonderDog
10-20-2007, 04:20 AM
Percee P - Perseverance - Quality!!! Only ish was why they put that version of 'Put It On The Line' on, the other is a much nicer beat I reckon.

Slum Village - Fantastic vol.2 - Finally found it on vinyl. fuckin sick. Right up there with vol.1

Waiting for a couple more to arrive.

Reiko
10-21-2007, 12:21 PM
GZA - Liquid Swords
Method Man - Tical 2000: Judgement Day
Redman - Muddy Waters

LuckyTheWonderDog
10-21-2007, 12:25 PM
^^ Is that a replacement Liquid Swords for a worn out disc?!?!

TAURO
10-21-2007, 12:27 PM
^^I bet it isn't

LuckyTheWonderDog
10-21-2007, 12:27 PM
^^ If I had to take 5 discs to a desert island.....

Rame
10-21-2007, 12:29 PM
^^ So what if it isn't?

Everyone gets their music at their own time.

TAURO
10-21-2007, 12:30 PM
^^ If I had to take 5 discs to a desert island.....

For real it would be one of em.

TAURO
10-21-2007, 12:33 PM
^^ So what if it isn't?

Everyone gets their music at their own time.

Calm down Rame, im not hating on the guy, I already know it's his first copy....he said he didn't own it a while back. It's doesn't matter if you are a latecomer to the wu, the point is that you are here now and thats what matters.

Rame
10-21-2007, 12:41 PM
I'm calm, I just wanted to show what you just said.

LuckyTheWonderDog
10-21-2007, 12:52 PM
Yeah, to be fair, if a 17 year old bought Liquid Swords when it was released, he would have been 5 years old!

Reiko
10-21-2007, 01:44 PM
Yeah that's my first copy of Liquid Swords :)

LuckyTheWonderDog
10-21-2007, 02:02 PM
^^ If you don't know it already, then you're in for a real treat! If you know it well already, then you're still in for a treat!

Enjoy!

VallKano
10-21-2007, 02:23 PM
i bought liquid swords in the winter...best decision i ever made

lol
shit is bangin tho

TAURO
10-21-2007, 06:18 PM
I envy any person buying Liquid Swords now cos nothing beats the the feeling I got the first time I heard it.......well except sex of course.

Obnoxious
10-21-2007, 08:14 PM
Lake & Cormega - My Brothers Keeper
Bronze Nazareth - The Great Migration

bad boy T
10-22-2007, 01:42 PM
Just bought supreme clintel

VallKano
10-22-2007, 02:05 PM
next paycheck about 100 dollars goin to UGHH.com for shit i wont be able to find in stores
heres what i got in the mail today

http://www.undergroundhiphop.com/store/covers/DCC001CD.jpg
Reason For Coppin: was on clearance for $2.50 and had some dope tracks

http://www.undergroundhiphop.com/store/covers/TEG2445CD.jpg
Reason For Coppin: downloaded it-didnt know what to expect sounded dope so i had to get it sounded consistant also *upon first listen

http://www.undergroundhiphop.com/store/covers/ENUFFHP01CD.jpg
Reason For Coppin: u can almost call me a collector of grimey new york sh*t from the early 2000's this was on sale for $6.50 and is the first cd i seen wit M.E.N. ENT. on it so i said fu*k it and copped it

http://www.undergroundhiphop.com/store/covers/TEG2443CD.jpg
Reason For Coppin: been a killa sha fan since about 2003 he finally dropped an album so it was necessary to cop it

http://www.undergroundhiphop.com/store/covers/KMLF01CD.jpg
Reason For Coppin: STATEN ISLAND HIP HOP >>>>

http://www.undergroundhiphop.com/store/covers/CA1007CD.jpg
Reason For Coppin: downloaded it first heard the first track and bought it...hopefully its dope all the way thru but i think it will be

http://www.undergroundhiphop.com/store/covers/WO3131CD.jpg
Reason For Coppin: grimey midwest sh*t on sale for $4.50

http://www.undergroundhiphop.com/store/covers/ROP01CD.jpg
Reason For Coppin: this guy was spittin pretty hard and for $2.50 i couldnt pass it up

http://www.undergroundhiphop.com/store/covers/MMR0204CD.jpg
Reason For Coppin: another mixtape i got based off it being early 2000's ny sh*t check ughh and hear the way dude flipped that doors END OF THE NIGHT sample on track 7 WHOA!

http://www.undergroundhiphop.com/store/covers/DJAUP01CD.jpg
Reason For Coppin: FREE ITEM

Obnoxious
10-22-2007, 02:51 PM
just bought Little Brother - Getback

Longbongcilvaringz
10-30-2007, 06:53 AM
today, 2 gems:

Illogic - Celestial Clockwork

http://www.dmute.net/musique/pochette200/21525.jpg

People Under the Stairs - Stepfather

http://cdn.last.fm/coverart/300x300/2602029-1710993147.jpg

TAURO
10-30-2007, 07:03 AM
Just got Reef The Lost Cauze - Feast or Famine.

I had it on my computer for time but I was able to pick it up brand new for very cheap.

DJMethods
10-30-2007, 07:46 AM
today, 2 gems:

Illogic - Celestial Clockwork

http://www.dmute.net/musique/pochette200/21525.jpg

People Under the Stairs - Stepfather

http://cdn.last.fm/coverart/300x300/2602029-1710993147.jpg

havent heard that Illogic one, but PUTS is one of my favourite albums. Good pick up.

---------------

Had no money lately catching up on bills and shit, but I'm going shopping this week - Fuck it!

Any new shit worth picking up? Thinking Grimm's American Hunger (I know.. shh) and Hunt For Gingerbread Man, but want some 90's boom bap stuff. Any suggestions on slept on gems?

LuckyTheWonderDog
10-30-2007, 07:50 AM
^^ Don't own ANY People Under The Stairs! Have liked everything I've heard but somehow haven't got round to getting an album.

Longbongcilvaringz
10-30-2007, 07:50 AM
yeah, PUTS album was only $15 with the DVD from dada.

i saw Show & AG - Run Away Slave, there today also, dope album if your interested.

is Hunt for The Gingerbread Man album out here yet, i just keep on seeing the mixtape everywhere/

oh yeah, and if your into wierd beats and quality lyrics pick up Illogics album. ive been meaning to get into him for ages, but never really saw any of his stuff in stores.

LuckyTheWonderDog
10-30-2007, 07:53 AM
I keep getting pissed off by CD/DVD combos, cos I only buy vinyl and it means I never get the free dvd (even thought the vinyl costs more). they need to start chucking in the dvds with the lps as well.

Grimm's album is fuckin class. Dunno where you are, but it's available in US and UK, I know that much.

Runaway Slave is a great album too.

Longbongcilvaringz
10-30-2007, 07:54 AM
Yeah the PUTS DVD is pretty dope, just a bonus i guess.

im in Aus, might have to check for it tomorrow.

TAURO
10-30-2007, 07:57 AM
Any new shit worth picking up? Thinking Grimm's American Hunger (I know.. shh) and Hunt For Gingerbread Man, but want some 90's boom bap stuff. Any suggestions on slept on gems?

Have a look at Reef The Lost Cauze "feast or famine". It's proper bangin and very underrated.

DJMethods
10-30-2007, 08:01 AM
Shiiiit, I need to check downstairs at Dada more haha. I'm always at that little hip-hop section for vinyl and their $2 crates, some good stuff in there. Picked up the best of Diana Ross for $5 lol (For sample purposes.... i swear)

I haven't been searching for anything new in a while, thats shit if Grimm's not out yet - I'll still pick up American Hunger if i see it.

Spinx: CHECK PUTS! Download it atleast man, I love that album (Some dont feel it though, dont think TAURO did)

DJMethods
10-30-2007, 08:02 AM
Have a look at Reef The Lost Cauze "feast or famine". It's proper bangin and very underrated.

Only heard Reef on guests spots and he's a monster, so i'll keep an eye out for that. Has he only got one LP?

TAURO
10-30-2007, 08:04 AM
Spinx: CHECK PUTS! Download it atleast man, I love that album (Some dont feel it though, dont think TAURO did)

I have PUTS ost, it was okay....I did like it but it just didn't really make me vibe in any real way.

TAURO
10-30-2007, 08:06 AM
Only heard Reef on guests spots and he's a monster, so i'll keep an eye out for that. Has he only got one LP?

So far yes.

DJMethods
10-30-2007, 08:15 AM
Cheers man.. lets hope I can find it here

I'm gonna open up a hip-hop store here one day, only 2-3 stores stock shit I like and never the stuff I'm looking for.

TAURO
10-30-2007, 08:23 AM
DJ Methods......heres a track from Reef's album to give you some idea what it's like.

Two Guns Up
13 - two guns up.mp3 - 4.94MB (http://www.zshare.net/audio/45504243912d54/)

This is a battle rap joint but it's not all like this though, I just really like this track.

Longbongcilvaringz
10-30-2007, 08:31 AM
Cheers man.. lets hope I can find it here

I'm gonna open up a hip-hop store here one day, only 2-3 stores stock shit I like and never the stuff I'm looking for.

i thought the same, but now every time i go into Dada i end up buying way more than i intended to.

contact me when the store is up and running, ill be your chief finance officer

LuckyTheWonderDog
10-30-2007, 09:09 AM
Here's 'MF Grimm - The Hunt For The Gingerbread Man' from an Oz online shop.

http://www.sanity.com.au/product/product.asp?sku=2100515

Longbongcilvaringz
10-30-2007, 09:22 AM
thanks man,

obviously it is out everywhere, because that store is a pretty big, commercial place.not sure why i havent been able to find it.

LuckyTheWonderDog
10-30-2007, 09:23 AM
^^ Especially given that it's on an Oz label with art by a legendary Oz graffer and has production from Oz producers! Hell, even the intro/outro are read by an Oz woman!

Longbongcilvaringz
10-30-2007, 09:34 AM
ha, yeah i found the mixtape thing easily.

maybe i just skimmed over the album when i was looking.

didnt realise it was on an Australian label.

bad boy T
10-30-2007, 10:16 AM
Yesterday I got...

Obie trice - cheers
Funkmaster flex - volume 5
LL Cool J - All world
LL Cool J - Lo
Tha dogg pound - 2002
and a couple of Dilated people albums

LuckyTheWonderDog
10-30-2007, 12:03 PM
Insight - Insight Presents...
Insight - Night Ship Delivery Vol. 1.2

Just got the first one, waiting for the other to arrive. Can't wait either, as all his other albums have been dope as fuck (see - http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44455 for free Insight compilation).

urbanlegend
10-30-2007, 12:27 PM
Meth - 4:21 The Day After
Bob Marley & The Wailers - Greatest Hits
Eric B. & Rakim - Gold

Late purchases, but worth it.

Longbongcilvaringz
10-31-2007, 08:34 AM
been spending too much money lately, today:

Count BassD - Act Your Waist Size

http://z.about.com/d/rap/1/0/I/5/-/-/CountBassDActYourWaistSize.jpg

Blackalicious - The Craft

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B000ATJYV2.03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Atmosphere - Seven's Travels

http://panther1.last.fm/coverart/300x300/2035771.jpg

Homebrew
10-31-2007, 09:07 AM
i got Blue sky black Death and hell razah wich is fucking dope

rugged intellect wich i was skeptical about but turned out to be fire

i need to go get the new guru jazzmatazz

oh and the OFFERING of course wich is my vote for album of the year

TAURO
10-31-2007, 09:26 AM
been spending too much money lately, today:

Count BassD - Act Your Waist Size

http://z.about.com/d/rap/1/0/I/5/-/-/CountBassDActYourWaistSize.jpg

Whats this album saying Sean?

Longbongcilvaringz
10-31-2007, 09:29 AM
whats it saying, as in the quotation bubble on the cover? or what is the music saying?

Cover says "Act Your Waist Size"

Musically i thought it was shit, then i thought it was dope. (Hifi -> Headphones)

TAURO
10-31-2007, 09:32 AM
whats it saying, as in the quotation bubble on the cover? or what is the music saying?

Cover says "Act Your Waist Size"

Musically i thought it was shit, then i thought it was dope. (Hifi -> Headphones)

lol.....I mean't the music.

Longbongcilvaringz
10-31-2007, 09:41 AM
ha, yeah well as i said, my first impression playing it through (my amazing, not wanting to be immodest) hi fi, was less than stellar. something about the low fi way its recorded (or intentionally made). some beats sound very grating played at a medium volume.

but now listening to it through headphones, its growing on me. some dope beats, and the tracks which Count Bassd rhymes on are pretty nice also.

i wouldnt recomend it to anyone haha, unless youve heard him before and are into his music. an obvious comparison would be MF Doom, but this is probably downplaying the uniqueness of both artists. His production most of the time foregoes sampling records, and instead a lot of it is sampled directly from his own playing. Which works most of the time, but for me makes some of the beats annoying, for want of a better word.

i still thinks its pretty good, will grow on me most likely.

so yeah, by all means check it out, but dont expect a head nodding album or anything.

brown_dogg
10-31-2007, 11:50 AM
I just picked up:

Madlib - Beat Konducta In India

Camp Lo - Uptown Saturday Night

Ghostface Killah - Fishscale

oldie
11-01-2007, 11:52 AM
JADA - KISS OF DEATH - dope!!
JADA - KISS THA GAME GOODBYE - dope as fuck!! ('Show Disipline is Ill, always loved that beat!!!)

DJMethods
11-01-2007, 12:04 PM
DJ Methods......heres a track from Reef's album to give you some idea what it's like.

Two Guns Up
13 - two guns up.mp3 - 4.94MB (http://www.zshare.net/audio/45504243912d54/)

This is a battle rap joint but it's not all like this though, I just really like this track.

Cheers man, that shits nice, what you expect from Reef.

i thought the same, but now every time i go into Dada i end up buying way more than i intended to.

contact me when the store is up and running, ill be your chief finance officer

I'll end up doing it.. then be like the cunt in Black Books. Apparently theres a centerlink payment that pays you for doing a 6 week business course, then continues throughout the year to give you time to get on your feet.

We need a hip-hop dedicated store, reckon theres a market for it now.

Longbongcilvaringz
11-01-2007, 12:08 PM
The Bernard Black of Hip Hop.

i tried to get a job at Dada once, but they want career music shop people.

the guys there have some serious knowledge.

DJMethods
11-01-2007, 12:14 PM
I thought about doing it.. but my customer service skills just aren't up to the skill of the old boy there.

Never really spoke to the downstairs people besides that chick, but old boy has some serious vinyl knowledge. Knows everything I buy.

You have a job as local wine-o when I get it up and running (hope im off here by then) as long as I can call you Manny and you grow your hair.

Longbongcilvaringz
11-01-2007, 12:25 PM
The guys downstairs have indepth knowledge of most genres from what i can tell.

The only wine i consume is goon, might need to up my wine game to get the gig.

manny and i are pretty similar in appearance, shouldnt be a hard transformation.

DJMethods
11-01-2007, 12:39 PM
Good, if all else fails we atleast have a sitcom lined up.

urbanlegend
11-06-2007, 02:07 PM
Main Source - Breaking Atoms Re-Release with 9 Bonus Tracks

TAURO
11-06-2007, 02:10 PM
^^^Theres a reissue?

urbanlegend
11-06-2007, 02:45 PM
^^^Theres a reissue?

Yup. It wasn't a recent re-issue, but it's not the original album that was first released.

Info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breaking_Atoms#Re-issue_Bonus_Tracks

11-06-2007, 06:49 PM
i bought cassidy's b.a.r.s.

ShaDynasty
11-06-2007, 07:45 PM
Yup. It wasn't a recent re-issue, but it's not the original album that was first released.

Info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breaking_Atoms#Re-issue_Bonus_Tracks

which version of 'fakin the funk' is that? cos ive been searching for the remix forever

urbanlegend
11-07-2007, 09:41 AM
which version of 'fakin the funk' is that? cos ive been searching for the remix forever

It just says Fakin The Funk. When I get a chance I can rip it and upload; just gotta remember to when I'm home. Unless you can give me more details on the mix you're looking for..

ShaDynasty
11-07-2007, 02:11 PM
^^^it features neek the exotic and i believe its from the film 'white men can't jump'

urbanlegend
11-11-2007, 01:45 AM
^^^it features neek the exotic and i believe its from the film 'white men can't jump'

ok

VallKano
11-11-2007, 03:23 AM
anyone know where to get show/ag-goodfellas reissue i woulda bought it earlier if they were only gonna make 100 copies...
god damn

anyways
re bought ghostface-ironman
bought illmatic for the first time

not like i havent heard it tho^

Rame
11-11-2007, 06:27 AM
Jay-Z - Black Album
Run DMC - Greatest Hits

graffitiwhat
11-11-2007, 11:09 AM
joell ortiz - the brick, bodega chronicles (7/10)
8 Ball - Lost (8/10)
consequence - don't quit your day job (6/10)
witchdoctor - the diary of an american witch doctor (7/10)
8ball & Devious - the rookie & the vet (7/10)
poison pen - pick your poison, the mark of the east (7/10)
infamous mobb - reality rap (8/10)
dj krush - krush (7/10)
8ball & mjg - in our lifetime (9/10)
big city - the city never sleeps (6/10)
jin - the emcees properganda (8/10)
smif n wessun - the album (8/10)
lil wyte - doubt me now (6/10)
prodigy - return of the mac (7/10)
visionairies - sophmore jinx (7/10)
young buck - buck the world (7/10)
8ball & mjg - on top of the world (7/10)
50 cent - curtis (7/10) - cant front im diggin the album,
ps i copped all these within the past few weeks

TAURO
11-11-2007, 11:26 AM
^^Good to see a fan with varied taste.

Durag
11-12-2007, 06:27 AM
Money has been pretty tight but over the last two weeks ive got:

Guru - Jazzmataz Vol. 1
Cypress Hill - Cypress Hill (finally picked up their debut)
Prince Po - The Slickness
Havoc - The Kush
Naughty By Nature - 19-Naughty-3

famenchuan
11-12-2007, 09:27 AM
Tragedy Khadafi- Death of Tragedy
Hell Razah- Razah's Ladder
King Just- No Power on Earth

VallKano
11-12-2007, 12:24 PM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41Y8FC0F1FL._AA240_.jpg
ALMIGHTY RSO-DOOMSDAY: FOREVER
reason for coppin: didnt even know they had a full length on track 3 right now shits pretty hard this prodigy verse was crack too had to rewind it

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/15/c7/0b647220eca0c8f258381010._AA170_.L.jpg
KING TEE-IV LIFE
reason for coppin: worth $20 on ebay...got it for $5

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/dd/4d/3182024128a0ae5a7818d010._AA240_.L.jpg
SCHOOLY D-WELCOME TO AMERICA
reason for coppin: from 1994...was $3 havent heard it...

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/19/ba/9433a2c008a06a7cf8b8b010._AA240_.L.jpg
POOH MAN-JUDGEMENT DAY
reason for coppin: thought it was more rare than it was...ah well hopefully it sound good

SARGA
11-12-2007, 11:15 PM
anyway, albums i RE - brought. in the last month

R.A the ruggerd man - Die Ruggerd man Die
Necro - The sexorcist - i need drugs - Gory days.
Goretex - The art of Dying
Sabuc - a change gon' come
Non Phixion - The green cd - The future is now.
Big Pun - Capital punishment
Jedi mind - The psyico soical - Kings in hell
The Beatnuts - the origonaters
The arsonists - word of mouth
Az - Doe or die - A.W.O.L
Guru - Jazmataz vol2

bad boy T
11-13-2007, 08:16 AM
Just bought

Jay-Z = America gangsta
Rahzel = Make the music 2000
Ludacris = Back for the first time

TAURO
11-13-2007, 11:30 AM
I picked up Razah's Ladder.........fucking dope.

urbanlegend
11-13-2007, 11:31 AM
I'm not a big Biggie fan (not to say Biggie sucks or is below average or anything), but Ready To Die had some serious production and great flow from a hip-hop point of view, so I copped Ready To Die with the Bonus tracks and DVD

famenchuan
11-13-2007, 11:33 AM
Just brought

Guru Presents Ill Kid Records
Guru- Jazzmatazz vol. 2

Marwan
11-14-2007, 03:52 AM
I just got Razahs Ladder today, been tryin to get you faggots tio upload "The Cube" for about a week now but today i finally got the album so fuck yall....oh, and the album is dope, worth the $17 i payed for it unlike alot of shit comming out where u spend $20 for an album of 15 songs and only like 2........

NIGHT MAYOR
11-14-2007, 04:07 AM
muphin - more than music
dj bonez - roll call
pegz - burn city
vents - hard to kill

Focus Man
11-14-2007, 04:10 AM
bought Immortal Technique's Revolutionary Vol 2 last week and i'm soon going to go buy Wu Tang Forever (yes, i know its late but i'ma a new wu-tang fan so i dont got all of their shit yet, just 36 chambers)

DJMethods
11-14-2007, 04:13 AM
muphin - more than music
dj bonez - roll call
pegz - burn city
vents - hard to kill

Yo, whats that Roll Call like? Know the dude worked with Sandpeople and shit, you given it a spin?

NIGHT MAYOR
11-14-2007, 04:19 AM
i lent it to a mate straight away, i herd a song or two first - the ones i wanted to hear ( i know it aint a good way to be introduced to an album) but my mate straight up told me its garbage, barely any aussie rappers on it - now i havent put it back in the stereo since - i know i will like it more than he did but it just shifted my view on the album totaly, dj bonez is an awsome musician and a top bloke (talk to him at the obese block party) so im gunna go play the album end to end and i'll give ya my proper opinion on it.

+ that last or second last aus mixtape im doing will get done eventualy. to much C.O.D.4 and movies (watched pulp fiction two nights ago for the 99th time - still love that shit)

SARGA
11-14-2007, 04:20 AM
haha your never going to get all of there shit if your just starting now. there are more than 500 wutang albums.

Today i re got:

Scarface - the fix
Geto boys - the good bad and ugly - The foundation
Ill Bill - how to kill a cop
Eric B and rakim - Best of
Mr Hyde - barn of the naked dead
Shymeim - the ruggard child
Bumpy knuckles - industry shakedown
Circle of tyrants - circle of tyrants - ill bill mr hyde goretex and necro.

DJMethods
11-14-2007, 04:24 AM
Yeah, I've only heard one of the joints he did and that was the Sandpeople one. Illmaculate is in that group and he's probably the best battle rapper in the world, but his crew is just too white and has no swag. I mean atleast Aussies have swagger with their shit, just no personality in that track I heard - But the beat was dope.

Sweet man, that aussie shits real good.. You heard Vents before buying it? I loved that fuckin album man, Watch Out is my joint. Also good to listen to the remix of that Shadows track as well, Vents murders Suffa with his first verse

SARGA
11-14-2007, 04:29 AM
Fuck you the first person that has liked any aussie hiphop thats not an aussie. personally i hate the fucking accent.

NIGHT MAYOR
11-14-2007, 04:35 AM
nah i had not herd anything of vents untill this album, knew the name - Queensland is a rock and roll state. we get jack shit hip-hop here - barely any shows and shit like that (example: gza and muggs cancled the brisbane grandmasters show)

but in queensland hip-hop news Lazy Grey is opening for NAS in brisbane next year - gangster.

to prove im not fucking around with me uploading aussie hip-hop albums here is how much i have at the moment

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b222/fredymech/darecentest.jpg

DJMethods
11-14-2007, 04:36 AM
^^hahaha man I'm Aussie, I like aussie hip-hop but sometimes the biting annoys me. Dudes just come with the same swag, but lyrics are mostly on point.

Also, Freddy, you ever heard of Pagen Elypsis? Groups got Prime, Prupose (Went to Scribble Jam and was CHEATED out of the comp), Pohetikut.. and some other cunt. Adelaide guys just really getting noticed now through JumpOff.. I got a mixtape if you wanna peep that shiz

NIGHT MAYOR
11-14-2007, 04:39 AM
fuck yezzul

i got about 10 or so more newer aussie hip hop albums to upload that i havent done yet,
and some my mate has that i dont, like mass mc

SARGA
11-14-2007, 06:09 AM
^^hahaha man I'm Aussie, I like aussie hip-hop but sometimes the biting annoys me. Dudes just come with the same swag, but lyrics are mostly on point.

Also, Freddy, you ever heard of Pagen Elypsis? Groups got Prime, Prupose (Went to Scribble Jam and was CHEATED out of the comp), Pohetikut.. and some other cunt. Adelaide guys just really getting noticed now through JumpOff.. I got a mixtape if you wanna peep that shiz

DO you know an Brissy group called Serenity? they are ill.
and my homie BULK and the cats on the Screwball / Celphtitled album.
In general The slang cant really get far out of aussie cose it sounds like female's wyning.
I like it how its a strong scene there except there are no real gangsta's it more BBQ and beers songs

urbanlegend
11-14-2007, 01:10 PM
Was getting some discs for the wifey for her bday that she wanted and I copped myself Nas 10th Anniversary of Illmatic while I was at it :D

Rame
11-14-2007, 03:00 PM
Ice Cube - Greatest Hits
LL Cool J - Walking With A Panther
Nas - Hip Hop Is Dead
Nas - It Was Written
Nas - I Am
Royce Da 5'9'' - The Bar Exam
Fort Minor - The Rising Tied
ODB - The Definitive Ol' Dirty Bastard Story
Onyx - Triggernometry
Little Brother - GetBack
The Roots - Phrenology
The Roots - The Tipping Point
The Roots - The Roots Come Alive
Beau Love - Untitled
EPMD - Business As Usual
Jay-Z - In my lifetime Vol. 1
Jay-Z - Vol. 2 Hard Knock Life
Jay-Z - Vol. 3... Life And Times Of S. Carter
Jay-Z - The Black Album
Jay-Z - The Blueprint
Jay-Z - The Blueprint 2 The Gift & The Curse
Jay-Z - American Gangster
Jay-Z & Linkin Park - Collision Course
Lord Finesse - Return of the Funky Man
Outkast - Big Boi & Dre Present...
Run DMC - Greatest Hits
La Melodia - Vibing High

I'm addicted.

TAURO
11-14-2007, 03:46 PM
^^What was the time span of those purchases?

Rame
11-14-2007, 03:51 PM
I bought 5 or 6 of them 2 weeks ago.

The rest yesterday.

TAURO
11-14-2007, 03:52 PM
Damn!!

Dominus Santorini
11-14-2007, 03:59 PM
I just discovered Kano's London Town and Home Sweet Home. They were pretty tight.

bad boy T
11-15-2007, 05:55 AM
I just bought

Tony Touch The piece maker
Ol Dirty Bastard Return to the 36 Chambers (Dirty version)

Durag
11-15-2007, 06:04 AM

The rest yesterday.

Fuck, how do have the money for that? Id spent fuckin hundreds on albums if i could, but money is tight.

I just discovered Kano's London Town and Home Sweet Home. They were pretty tight.

I have Kano's Home Sweet Home, tought it was ok, only listened to it a few times

LuckyTheWonderDog
11-15-2007, 06:41 AM

The rest yesterday.

I shop for music like that sometimes.

Unless it's stuff I'm already familiar with though I'm trying not to do it anymore. I just end up neglecting shit cos I got into another record. It does mean I occasionaly realise I got a record I've never really listened to and it turns out to be a classic.

urbanlegend
11-15-2007, 08:23 AM
I'll have to show my list once it's complete, but I probably have spent 300-400$ over the past 2 months collecting all the albums I used to listen to way back in the day, all the classics... my ultimate collection if you will. I mean, I still listened to them now, but I only had some of them in mp3/flac format. Anyway, I spent so much time searching for some albums and trying to get harder to find ones, not to mention deals. I went a little overboard, but I love hip-hop so much I felt it was necessary to buy these and always have them. I got 5 more albums on the way; once they come in I'll list all my albums.

Rame
11-15-2007, 02:46 PM
Most albums on that list were cheap + I get a 20% discount.

For example Nas - Hip Hop is dead

Normal price: € 7.50
Costs for me: € 6

Nas - It was written

Normal price: € 5
Costs for me: € 4

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
11-15-2007, 02:57 PM
I Just Copped Killah Priest's The Offering, Guilty Simpson Mixtape And Little Brother's Get Back

LuckyTheWonderDog
11-15-2007, 02:58 PM
I'll have to show my list once it's complete, but I probably have spent 300-400$ over the past 2 months collecting all the albums I used to listen to way back in the day, all the classics... my ultimate collection if you will. I mean, I still listened to them now, but I only had some of them in mp3/flac format. Anyway, I spent so much time searching for some albums and trying to get harder to find ones, not to mention deals. I went a little overboard, but I love hip-hop so much I felt it was necessary to buy these and always have them. I got 5 more albums on the way; once they come in I'll list all my albums.

Yeah I realised a few months back that I'd bought about 50 albums on vinyl in the last year. That's at least 500/600 or $1000/$1200!!!! Gotta save more...