PDA

View Full Version : MF Doom has worst flow ever

Crackspace
08-19-2007, 09:08 PM
MF doom prolly has the worst flow ive ever heard since jigga

Cthulhu
08-19-2007, 09:13 PM
I disagree. It's just rather indiosyncratic. I like how he breaks meter alot.

Guarded By Martyrs
08-19-2007, 09:21 PM
I have not heard a vast amount of him but what I have heard reminds me a touch of Holocaust on the Blue Sky Black Death Album...that stumbling, slured awkward rhyming.
But he is unique and I like that.
The album with Danger Mouse was very good and he flows on some tracks on that nicely.
Also a bit like GZA because they both come the same on every track I've heard them on.

GENERAL WISE
08-19-2007, 09:43 PM
Holocaust / Warcloud / Robot Tank / Gayest rapper ever.

Dude holds the crown, no competition...Lil Jon can flow better.

11th Chamber
08-19-2007, 10:06 PM
I couldent disagree more. Love DOOM's flow

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
08-19-2007, 10:12 PM
ur 14

The Lost Prophet
08-19-2007, 11:24 PM
mf doom and jigga r 2 different rappers, so ur comment holds no weight

Dante
08-19-2007, 11:53 PM
I agree, tho i would'nt say THE worst, but one of them for sure. But saying Jigga has one of the worst flows is just flat out stupid, dude has one of the illest flows ever.

SaqurakiHanamichi
08-20-2007, 12:00 AM

Bigot Hitman
08-20-2007, 12:05 AM
Jay-z has one of the best flow/deliveries ever, one of the best. Mf doom has solid flows too, they don't shift alot, but their consistent, and full, plus never stretched if u know what i mean.

maestro wooz
08-20-2007, 12:32 AM
doom flows are original but its not his strongest spot, hes the ill type of dude who blows you away with lyrics and not flows.

Longbongcilvaringz
08-20-2007, 12:37 AM
his flows cool, not anything amazing, but in no way a detraction.

and people saying jay z has one of the best flows... maybe on one album.... but generally hes become terrible.

Dante
08-20-2007, 01:30 AM
^ If you're referring to RD, then you're wrong. Jay-Z's flow got better after RD, lyrically, RD is his best album (and best album by him in general).

NIGHT MAYOR
08-20-2007, 01:35 AM
mf dooms flow is like a salmon down the streeEEeam

Longbongcilvaringz
08-20-2007, 01:39 AM
^ If you're referring to RD, then you're wrong. Jay-Z's flow got better after RD, lyrically, RD is his best album (and best album by him in general).

sure thing.

i mean all that grunting and whining on the black album was terrific.

Dante
08-20-2007, 01:48 AM
yeah because The Black Album was the only album by him after RD right?

Longbongcilvaringz
08-20-2007, 01:55 AM
are you kidding me....

why the fuck do you care so much, i said his flow got worse afterwards, and The Black album was after RD.

obviously you enjoy all that shit, fair enough, but i personally dont.

lets leave it at that.

Crackspace
08-20-2007, 01:58 AM
shudda changed my age :D

ironwizard
08-20-2007, 04:56 AM
MF Doomīs flow is fucking dope, and so is his voice... He just has his own style, thatīs all... Jay-Z has the most annoying delivery... I canīt stand his voice... plus he just annoys me in general....

WuGambino
08-20-2007, 05:01 AM
I like Doom's flow but I agree about Jigga lol. ;)

NIGHT MAYOR
08-20-2007, 05:11 AM
shudda changed my age :D

alright so aprat from the tang what do you listen to ?

noel411
08-20-2007, 05:15 AM
Mf doom has solid flows too, they don't shift alot, but their consistent, and full, plus never stretched if u know what i mean.
"Full" is one term I definitely wouldn't use in relation to his flow.

But yeah, his flow's ok. Nothing special, but certainly passable. Mind you, at times is is utterly fucking horrible, like in 'Biochemical Equation' or whatever that fucking shitty song he did with Rza was called. I've heard a few tracks where he was way off, but for the most part his flow is alright.

Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition
08-20-2007, 07:01 AM
Holocaust / Warcloud / Robot Tank / Gayest rapper ever.

Dude holds the crown, no competition...Lil Jon can flow better.

:fucku::loser:

famenchuan
08-20-2007, 08:13 AM
Don't listen to Doom but the three tracks I heard him on (Biochemical Equation, Angels and Project Jazz) I did not like him at all and that he ruined the tracks a little bit for me. But I'm just judging him based on three songs so I have to go check out some more of his shit.

Durag
08-20-2007, 08:44 AM
Don't listen to Doom but the three tracks I heard him on (Biochemical Equation, Angels and Project Jazz) I did not like him at all and that he ruined the tracks a little bit for me. But I'm just judging him based on three songs so I have to go check out some more of his shit.

You definitly need to check his shit. Ya at times his flow isnt great, but his lyrics, subject matter and creativity are second to none. Operation Doomsday is a classic, but hard to find, check out MM. Food, Vaudeville Villan (Dope), Madvillany, he has a massive catalogue and its worth checking out. Even the Special Herb instrumental albums are dope

famenchuan
08-20-2007, 08:49 AM
You definitly need to check his shit. Ya at times his flow isnt great, but his lyrics, subject matter and creativity are second to none. Operation Doomsday is a classic, but hard to find, check out MM. Food, Vaudeville Villan (Dope), Madvillany, he has a massive catalogue and its worth checking out. Even the Special Herb instrumental albums are dope

thanks man. I'll def buy at least one of his albums to see if I like him or not.

Exodus
08-20-2007, 08:55 AM
nah, Lil Wayne takes this one

SilentKiller_Bee
08-20-2007, 10:17 AM
MF Doomīs flow is fucking dope, and so is his voice... He just has his own style, thatīs all... Jay-Z has the most annoying delivery... I canīt stand his voice... plus he just annoys me in general....

^^ what he said.

DJMethods
08-20-2007, 11:23 AM
Doom's flow suits him. It's not the stock standard shit most MCs come with, and makes it hard to understand him some times, but once you get it it's easy to understand. Nowhere near worst flow ever, would be one of my favourite flows, and it makes him stand out from stock standard shit which can get a bit boring.

FiRe WaTeR
08-20-2007, 11:44 AM
Yeah, DOOM's flow is not that hot but thats besides the point. His lyrics are crazy.
Jay-Z is the greatest ever a/b/c. His flows are incredible. Warcloud has the worst flow ever next to dare I say ODb.

CEITEDMOFO
08-20-2007, 12:39 PM
MF DOOMs FLOW IS A ADVANCED DRUNK ERIC SERMON

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
08-20-2007, 03:34 PM
what u dumb asses don't get is that he is giving a deadpan flow for a reason. he is portraying himself as a drunk bum that slurs and shit but then hits you with all sorts of fucked up brilliant lyrics

just listen to KMD's first album - his flow back then was well switched to what it is now - all live and positive and the lyrics where completely different although still inventive

you mu fuckers just don't get it

The_SZAs
08-20-2007, 05:28 PM
hes the best monotone rapper along with masta killa

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
08-20-2007, 09:19 PM
doom's flow is crazy but he's more about wordplay and how his rhymes connect