PDA

View Full Version : Jayz My opinion

SaqurakiHanamichi
08-20-2007, 12:14 PM
I have talked shit in my lifetime about every single rich mother fuker out there, But i have neverrrr everrr ever said anything about Jayz , I have so much respect for him, Sooooo muchhhhhh respect to me its somebody i look up to.
Let me tell u why i have so much respect for him, He doesnt write his shit ,everything is out in his head, Even gza praised him , saying ya he talks about money but he has a smart way of saying it,

When u heard the line "What could u do to me, its nothing new to me , sue me , fuck u , whats a couple of dollars to me" he was so cocky when he said it and i asked myself who the fuk can say it like him , WHO!!!!!
Yes i agree with u his style is more for a party but i still give him my respect that shit is out of his head!

Common man he is so fuken ugly, HE had a dream he made it big he owns all this shit and has the baddest bitch in the game wearing his chain.

He is a god , I dont give a fuk what u say , U dont like him fine, But respect him.

im gonna get a poster of him on my wall.

(lol dont get it twisted u sick fuks im not gonna suck his dick)

respect respect respect respect

DJMethods
08-20-2007, 12:21 PM
"What could u do to me, its nothing new to me , sue me , fuck u , whats a couple of dollars to me"

With rhymes like that, he should start writing.

Jay-Z is proof the education system is failing

cap
08-20-2007, 12:22 PM
yeah,he came a long way,good for him
i have a lot of respect for him as well.
he's a hustler's hustler

DR. NICK RIVIERA
08-20-2007, 12:40 PM
I also have respect for him...he's a good businessman too

Longbongcilvaringz
08-20-2007, 01:37 PM
haha, you did a fucking terrible job of justifying all the wack shit jay has done.

i give him his props for one of the top 100 hip hop album in terms of production imo.

thats about it.

yeah he talks about money intelligently.... amazing all you guys my constantly reworking the same word play about "cents = sense".

obviously you guys think its dope.

personally, i think all this "you may not like his music, but you have to respect him" shit is a fucking joke.

hes a musician, if people dont like his music why should they respect him?

DJMethods
08-20-2007, 02:05 PM
hes a musician, if people dont like his music why should they respect him?

because he's a hustlers hustler, and the internet is filled with hustlers. It's like the suburbs.

CHRONZ
08-20-2007, 02:08 PM
Laff Laff

Longbongcilvaringz
08-20-2007, 02:16 PM
because he's a hustlers hustler, and the internet is filled with hustlers. It's like the suburbs.

yeah i guess so,

i thought people listened to music because they enjoyed how it sounded... that the only reason i would respect a musician.

at the end of the day, none of us know anything about these people, so its best just to let the music speak for them imo.

its all good though.

SaqurakiHanamichi
08-20-2007, 02:53 PM
A person with High character is the person that has respect upon a certain person, If u admire somebody that is better then you, then ur door to ur journey is opened to enter that high level of elevation. On the other hand if u have hate in ur heart u are never going to be elevated.

respect is very important.
Jayz came from the projects , bitches never liked him , look at him now, The man standing upon a mountain looking down laughing because he is elevated.
How can i not have respect for him. If i dont have respect for somebody like him then im nobody im never gonna be anybody if i have that hate in my heart.

respect is very important in man, Jealousy is for the females not for men,
I apologize for disrespecting 90% of u guys here, But i hope one day u remove that jealousy in ur heart and have thoughts for positive outcomes in ur life,

thats why i believe respecting somebody like jayz is very important in a mans life .

i made this post because i believe ur a hater, And its cool i used to be one,

DJMethods
08-20-2007, 03:05 PM
A person with High character is the person that has respect upon a certain person, If u admire somebody that is better then you, then ur door to ur journey is opened to enter that high level of elevation. On the other hand if u have hate in ur heart u are never going to be elevated.

respect is very important.
Jayz came from the projects , bitches never liked him , look at him now, The man standing upon a mountain looking down laughing because he is elevated.
How can i not have respect for him. If i dont have respect for somebody like him then im nobody im never gonna be anybody if i have that hate in my heart.

respect is very important in man, Jealousy is for the females not for men,
I apologize for disrespecting 90% of u guys here, But i hope one day u remove that jealousy in ur heart and have thoughts for positive outcomes in ur life,

thats why i believe respecting somebody like jayz is very important in a mans life .

i made this post because i believe ur a hater, And its cool i used to be one,

Ahhhh man, get a clue.

Jay-Z ISN'T better then me, no one is better then me, if you believe people are better then you then you won't "elevate" or whatever you said. This isn't to say some people aren't smarter and what not, but that doesn't make them better then me.

Bitches liking him is a reason you respect him? "bitches" (Funny talking about respect while using such a disrespectful word) like him for his money and fame - Not him, or they would've liked him back in his projects. If you need these things to get a bird to like ya, wouldn't really say you're a good bloke. Or, maybe he's always been a good guy and girls were just superficial? Who knows, I don't know him...

Which is kinda the point. If you don't know a guy, how can you respect him? Sure, I respect the fact he's sold millions of albums and exploited peoples stupidity by dumbing down to get fans, but R Kelly sold a bit and I don't respect him. I don't respect what he rhymes about a lot of the time, but, thats not being disrespectful to him.

Hater doesn't mean "not liking his music" ffs, it means I don't like his music.

Respect him? fuck knows.. he hasn't really spoken a lot about his values, and I don't know him - How can I say?

SaqurakiHanamichi
08-20-2007, 03:09 PM
common man who the fuk r u to say nobody is better then u, what did u do for humanity ,
jayz opened doors for alot of people , who did u open doors for,
How are u better then jayz,

TAURO
08-20-2007, 03:13 PM
common man who the fuk r u to say nobody is better then u, what did u do for humanity ,

He didn't say he was better than Jay Z, you need to read the post better.

SaqurakiHanamichi
08-20-2007, 03:14 PM
He didn't say he was better than Jay Z, you need to read the post better.

no u need to read better

DJMethods
08-20-2007, 03:15 PM

Because he's a "better MC" (We wont go into that side argument), he's a better person then me? What kind of logic is that?

I don't think anyones better then me, never will. How do you judge if someones "better or worse"? By what they do? Sure I can do things better then other people, and could do what they do if I worked to get there. Just like you can.

SaqurakiHanamichi
08-20-2007, 03:15 PM
Because he's a "better MC" (We wont go into that side argument), he's a better person then me? What kind of logic is that?

I don't think anyones better then me, never will. How do you judge if someones "better or worse"? By what they do? Sure I can do things better then other people, and could do what they do if I worked to get there. Just like you can.

gave millions of jobs. for real think about the shit he owns ,
thats why he is better then us,

he put food in peoples mouths, in the projects they could of been in jail or dead, but their not , their making money now.

DJMethods
08-20-2007, 03:18 PM
gave millions of jobs. for real think about the shit he owns ,
thats why he is better then us,

he put food in peoples mouths, in the projects they could of been in jail or dead, but their not , their making money now.

So material possesion makes one man better then another? By those comments, you think George Bush is one of the greatest men ever.

Jay Z gave millions of jobs? Fuck man, move over Martin Luther King, Jay-Z is the man leading the african american race. What a leader, talking about selling drugs, sleeping with another man's wife, what did Martin Luther King ever do?

You didn't answer any of the questions I posed either.

DJMethods
08-20-2007, 03:20 PM
How do you delete posts? lol

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
08-20-2007, 03:22 PM
I have talked shit in my lifetime about every single rich mother fuker out there, But i have neverrrr everrr ever said anything about Jayz , I have so much respect for him, Sooooo muchhhhhh respect to me its somebody i look up to.
Let me tell u why i have so much respect for him, He doesnt write his shit ,everything is out in his head, Even gza praised him , saying ya he talks about money but he has a smart way of saying it,

When u heard the line "What could u do to me, its nothing new to me , sue me , fuck u , whats a couple of dollars to me" he was so cocky when he said it and i asked myself who the fuk can say it like him , WHO!!!!!
Yes i agree with u his style is more for a party but i still give him my respect that shit is out of his head!

Common man he is so fuken ugly, HE had a dream he made it big he owns all this shit and has the baddest bitch in the game wearing his chain.

He is a god , I dont give a fuk what u say , U dont like him fine, But respect him.

im gonna get a poster of him on my wall.

(lol dont get it twisted u sick fuks im not gonna suck his dick)

respect respect respect respect

jay-z is dope @ his best but ur just sucking dick right now

don't bask in other peoples glory

TAURO
08-20-2007, 03:27 PM
no u need to read better

I can tell you are just a kid.....no disrespect but I don't think you really know what you are saying, neither are you capable of an intelligent discussion. Your "views" on Jay Z seem to be just the ramblings of a deluded fan and nothing more, while I won't say that Jay hasn't used his postion to help people in the hood and give then jobs, I don't think you are really aware of the extent of what he has done but rather you are just assuming.

SaqurakiHanamichi
08-20-2007, 03:38 PM
I can tell you are just a kid.....no disrespect but I don't think you really know what you are saying, neither are you capable of an intelligent discussion. Your "views" on Jay Z seem to be just the ramblings of a deluded fan and nothing more, while I won't say that Jay hasn't used his postion to help people in the hood and give then jobs, I don't think you are really aware of the extent of what he has done but rather you are just assuming.

assuming? fan? kid?

i wasent assuming, im not a fan , and im not a kid,

TAURO
08-20-2007, 04:11 PM
assuming? fan? kid?

i wasent assumingThen show me proof of all the people he has helped and taken out of the hood. im not a fanThen your thread is worthless, all the hoopla just for nothing. and im not a kidThen you have no excuse for your ignorance, you being a kid was your saving grace.

SaqurakiHanamichi
08-20-2007, 04:13 PM

but why am i ignorant?????

Show u proof he opened doors????
dude he owns business the more business u own the more jobs are available to people. are u serious? do u know how business works?I do........

let me not talk about the rappers he took out of the projects.......
I can go on forever

DrUnK-N-MuNkY
08-20-2007, 04:14 PM
It's not what you say,but..how you say it

Jay has the voice.he can make any line sound hot

thats why he is top 5 dad or alive

TAURO
08-20-2007, 04:25 PM

dude he owns business the more business u own the more jobs are available to people. are u serious? do u know how business works?I do........

LMAO......Thats why you ignorant kid............I can't believe you just typed this. :lmao:

Like I said, no disrespect but you should quit while you are not ahead.

DrUnK-N-MuNkY
08-20-2007, 04:29 PM
Jay not better than me.The samething he did i can do also.

Prolifical ENG
08-20-2007, 04:31 PM
It is true that he started rapping about money...but at that time he was doing it in a more classy way.

SG
08-20-2007, 04:36 PM
He gets credit for conducting himself in the right manner compared to other individuals(fellow rappers) on his level.....but thats where it stops

SaqurakiHanamichi
08-20-2007, 04:41 PM
LMAO......Thats why you ignorant kid............I can't believe you just typed this. :lmao:

Like I said, no disrespect but you should quit while you are not ahead.

are u serious...... or are u joking,

xHard to Earnx
08-20-2007, 06:23 PM
There's is not a better rapper on the planet.

Yeah, I said it.

xHard to Earnx
08-20-2007, 06:26 PM
i thought people listened to music because they enjoyed how it sounded... that the only reason i would respect a musician.

I don't give a fuck about Motzart, doesn't mean he doesn't deserve respect.

xHard to Earnx
08-20-2007, 06:27 PM
And holy shit, this thread is a complete mess.

Wu-Tality
08-21-2007, 12:40 PM
I respect jay-z as businessman, but his raps are plain out boring to me.

Come Honor Face
08-21-2007, 01:03 PM
Jay-Z is total waste of talent! The guy is capable of makin hot shit. Instead he chooses to make commercial wack songs/lyrics. I also can't help but laugh cuz he walks like a fag. LOL

Classic
08-21-2007, 01:07 PM
jay-z is dope @ his best but ur just sucking dick right now

don't bask in other peoples glory

co-sign'd.

Dominus Santorini
08-21-2007, 04:01 PM
[Jay-Z]
Motherfuckers -
say that I'm foolish I only talk about jewels (bling bling)
Do you fools listen to music or do you just skim through it?
See I'm influenced by the ghetto you ruined
That same dude you gave nothin, I made somethin doin
what I do through and through and
I give you the news - with a twist it's just his ghetto point-of-view
The renegade; you been afraid
I penetrate pop culture, bring 'em a lot closer to the block where they
pop toasters, and they live with they moms
Got dropped roasters, from botched robberies niggaz crotched over
Mommy's knocked up cause she wasn't watched over
Knocked down by some clown when child support knocked
No he's not around - now how that sound to ya, jot it down
I bring it through the ghetto without ridin 'round
hidin down duckin strays from frustrated youths stuck in they ways
Just read a magazine that fucked up my day
How you rate music that thugs with nothin relate to it?
I help them see they way through it - not you
Can't step in my pants, can't walk in my shoes
Bet everything you worth; you lose your tie and your shirt

J.T.S.
08-21-2007, 04:09 PM

I can go on forever

He co-owns buisness ventures, and what rapper did he take out the projects besides memphis weak?? And of course he opened doors he has hands!

HANZO
08-21-2007, 04:15 PM
well he aint the greatest rapper. and as a business man, dame dash was the business man behind rocafella. jay z was the poster boy, but dame made the money. and the proof is where has jay z taken def jam???

but i do respect him for the amount of cash his made with the limited talent.

Dominus Santorini
08-21-2007, 04:32 PM
Nah brah...Jay-z made Jay-z even Dash admits that....Where's DASH NOW? Jay-z is part owner of the Nets, owns 40/40, tried to buy a soccer team, has an insane deal with Rocawear mang.

Dash has ???

the 3 richest Hip Hop entrepreneurs are:

1. Sean Combs
2. Shawn Carter
3. Russell Simmons

Whose the real businessman? Hov or Dash?

No matter what argument you come up with Jay-z:

1. Is a dope lyricist (ya'll never heard his non single shit)
2. Spits lyrics with confidence and doesn't sound like he's reading it
3. Is Second richest entrepeneur (check msn.com)
4. 's Blueprint, Black Album and Reasonable Doubt are 3 of the best mainstream albums (not to be confused with commercial)
5. Black Album is a very lyrical album, go read the lyrics if the beats confuse you
6. is making 30 year old rappers marketable (see Kingdom Come's 30 something)
7. Did everything any rapper wanted to do...EVERYTHING

I'm not even a real big fan, but I can' t knock him ya'll, he did what every rapper wanted to do. He is the biggest rapper without a doubt. He can ACTUALLY RHYME contrary to what people say. Listen to Reasonable doubt. Listen to Blueprint songs like Girls, Girls, Girls Remix (not the single), All I need, Renegade, etc. Listen to the lyrics of Allure, Moment of Clarity, Threat, Lucifier, PSA, Justify my thug, my 1st song. Listen to Missing You remix, listen to Shake it off remix, One Minute Man, Heartbreaker, Back Then remix. Listen to This Can't be life, Guess who's back, Soon you'll understand, where have been? Listen to Watch what you say, Drop it like its hot, It's On II.

Can you actually say he only talks about jewels, do you fools listen to music or just skim through it?

I heard motherfuckers saying they made Hov
Made Hov say, "Ok so, make another Hov"
Niggaz wasn't playing they day role
So we parted ways like Ben and J-Lo
I shoulda been did it but I been in a daze though
I put friends over business end of the day though
But when friends, business interests they go
Ain't nothing left to say though
I guess we forgot what we came fo'
Shoulda stayed in food and beverage
Too much flossing
Too much Sam Rothstein
I ain't a bitch but I gotta divorce them
Hov have to get the shallow shit up off him
And I ain't even want to be famous
Niggaz is brainless to unnecessarily go through these changes
And I ain't even know how it came to this
Except that fame is
The worst drug known to man
It's stronger than, heroin
When you could look in the mirror like, "There I am"
And still not see, what you've become
I know I'm guilty of it too but, not like them
You lost one
--------------------------------------------
Music business hate me cause the industry ain't make me
Hustlers and boosters embrace me and the music I be makin
I dumbed down for my audience to double my dollars
They criticized me for it yet they all yell "HOLLA!"
If skills sold, truth be told, I'd probably be
lyrically, Talib Kweli
Truthfully I wanna rhyme like Common Sense
But I did five mill' - I ain't been rhymin like Common since
When your cents got that much in common
And you been hustlin since, your inception
Fuck perception go with what makes sense
Since I know what I'm up against
We as rappers must decide what's most impor-tant
And I can't help the poor if I'm one of them
So I got rich and gave back, to me that's the win/win
So next time you see the homey and his rims spin
Just know my mind is workin just like them...
... rims, that is
------------------------------------
See I was -- born in sewage, born to make bomb music
Flow tight like I was born Jewish
Used the streets as a conduit - I kept arms
38 longs inside my mom's Buick
At any given moment Shawn could lose it, be on the news
Iron cuffs - arms through it; or stuffed with embalmin fluid
Shit, I'm goin through it - mom dukes too
Tears streamin down her pretty face, she got her palms to it
My life is gettin too wild
I need to bring some sort kinda calm to it
Bout to lose it; voices screamin "Don't do it!"
It's like '93, '94, bout the year
that Big and Mag dropped; and "Illmatic" rocked
outta every rag drop, and the West had it locked
Everybody doin 'em, I'm still scratchin on the block
like "Damn; I'ma be a failure"
Surrounded by thugs, drugs, and drug - paraphenalia
Cops courts, and their thoughts is to derail us
Three time felons in shorts with jealous thoughts
Tryin figure where your mail is, guesstimate the weight you sellin
So they can send shots straight to your melon; wait!
It gets worse, baby momma water burst
Baby came out stillborn, still I gotta move on
Though my heart still torn, life gone from her womb
Don't worry, if it was meant to be, it'll be -- soon
What y'all ain't heard that nigga Jay hot?
The Cristals they keep me wet like Baywatch
I keep it tight for all the nights my mom prayed I'd stop
Said she had dreams that snipers hit me with a fatal shot
Those nightmares mom
Those dreams you say you got give me the chills
But these mils make me hot y'all feel me
Enough to stop the illin right?
But at the same time these dimes keep me feelin tight
I'm so confused
OK I'm gettin weeded now I know I'm contradicting myself
Look I don't need that now
It just once in a blue moon when there's nothin to do and
The tension's too thick for my sober mind to cut through
I get to zonin - me and the chick on the L and then we're bonin
I free my mind sometimes I here myself moanin
Take one more toke and I leave that weed alone man
It got me goin shit
While I'm watchin every nigga watchin me closely
my shit is butter for the bread they wanna toast me
I keep my head, both of them where they supposed to be
Hoes'll get you sidetracked then clap from closed feet
I don't sleep, I'm tired, I feel wired like codeine, these days
a brother gotta admire from four fiends away
My pain wish it was quick to see, from sellin 'caine
til brains was fried to a fricaisse, can't lie
At the time it never bothered me, at the bar
gettin my thug on properly, my squad and me
lack of respect for authority, laughin hard
Happy to be escapin poverty, however brief
I know this game got valleys and peaks, expectation
for dips, four percent pertation we stack chips, hardly
The youth I used to be, soon to see a mill'in
No more, Big Willie my game has grown prefer you call me William
Illin for revenues, Rayful Edmond like
Channel 7 news, round seven jewels, hand dead in the mic
Forgettin all I ever knew, convenient amnesia
I suggest you call my lawyer, I know the procedure
Lock my body can't trap my mind, easily
explain why we adapt to crime
I'd rather die enormous than live dormant that's how we on it
Live at the main event, I bet a trip to Maui on it
Presidential suites my resedential for the weekend
Confidentially speakin in codes since I sense you peekin
The INXS rental, don't be fooled my game is mental
We both out of town dog, what you tryin to get into?
Viva, Las Vegas, see ya, later at the crap tables
meet me by the one that starts a G up
This way no fraud Willie's present gambling they re-up
And we can have a pleasant time, sippin margaritas
Ge-ge-geyeahhh, can I live?
Can I live?
As sure as this, Earth is turning souls burning
in search of higher learning turning in every direction seeking direction
My moms cryin cause her insides are dyin
her son tryin her patience, keep her heart racin
A million beats a minute, I know I push you to your limit
but it's this game love, I'm caught up all in it
They make it so you can't prevent it, never give it
you gotta take it, can't fake it I keep it authentic
My hand got this pistol shakin, cause I sense danger
like Camp Crystal Lake and
don't wanna shoot him, but I got him, trapped
within this infrared dot, bout to hot him and, hit rock bottom
No answers to these trick questions, no time shit stressin
My life found I got ta live for the right now
Time waits for no man, can't turn back the hands
once it's too late, gotta learn to live with regrets
rap music is sudden aint it the way these pictures is painted
u swear these niggas is dangerous the gangsta shit they sayin
lock em up in the booth with a halfa ounce of that cannibus
sittin back and watch the outlandish shit they betrayin (but)
soon as you see em they freeze up like in museums
them statues u like is that the dude who said he was gonna POP!
niggas get runnin before you finish your sentence
and then they back 2 riffin when they off in a safe distance
u like u was just here u disappeared like magicians in thin air
im like damn nigga at least keep it consistent
I hear you debatin me lately, ive been doin my best 2 stay hater-free
still watch what you say 2 me!
sooner or later ill take you up on your offer and put you all in your place like I'm replacing your father
u talkin 2 the author, the architect of the blue-print
my DNA in your music mothaf**ker are u stupid?
-----------------------------------
I wanted to walk just like him (remember?)
wanted to talk just like him (word)
often momma said I look too much
and I thought just like him (it could happen)
wanted to drink Miller nips
and smoke Newports just like you
but you left me, now I'm goin to court just like you
I would say "my daddy loves me and he'll never go away"
bullshit, do you even remember December's my birthday?
do you even remember the tender boy
you turned into a cold young man
with one goal and one plan
get mommy out of some jam, she was always in one
always short with the income
always late with the rent
You said that you was comin through
I would stay in the hallway (waitin)
always playin the bench (waitin)
and that day came and went
Fuck You! very much you showed me the worst kind of pain
but I'm stronger and trust me I will never hurt again
will never ask mommy "why daddy don't love me?
Why is we so poor?, why is life so ugly?
Mommy why is your eyes puffy?"
please don't cry everything'll be alright
I know it's dark now, but we gon' see the light
It's us against the world
we don't need him, right? (right)
mommy drivin 6's now (yeah), I got riches now (yeah)
I bought I nice home for both of my sisters now
we doin real good
we don't miss you now
see how life twists around, fucker?
Whoo! Who you lovin, who you wanna be huggin, heh
who you wit, who you wanna be fuckin
got this smarty art chick to whom I pose this question
I read a couple books to add to her soul's progression
to put this in laymen's term, I gave her some knowledge
she gave me, brains in return, she had to drop out of college
knowin she does this homework, I give her in house tutoring
in and out I'm movin through her student body union and
she, call me professor, say daddy come and test her
so she could fail on purpose and repeat the semester
I'm like, at this rate ma you never graduate
she said, I aint no fool I make it up in summer school
------------------------------------------------
Ving ain't lie
I done came through the block in everything that's fly
I'm like, Che Guevara with bling on, I'm complex
I never claimed to have wings on
Nigga I get mine - by any means on whenever there's a drought
Get your umbrellas out because, that's when I brainstorm
You can blame Shawn, but I ain't invent the game
I just rolled the dice, tryin to get some change
And I do it twice, ain't no sense in me
lyin as if, I am a different man
And I could blame my environment but
there ain't no reason why I be buyin expensive chains
Hope you don't think users are the only abusers
Niggaz, gettin high within the game
If you do then, how would you explain?
I'm ten years removed, still the vibe is in my veins
I got a hustler spirit, nigga period
Check out my hat yo, peep the way I wear it
Check out my swag' yo, I walk like a ballplayer
No matter where you go, you are what you are player
And you can try to change but that's just the top layer
Man, you was who you was 'fore you got here
Only God can judge me, so I'm gone

-----------
And I ain't never been to jail; I ain't never pay a nigga
to do no dirt for me I was scared to do myself
I will never tell even if it means sittin in a cell
I ain't never ran, never will
I ain't never been smacked; a nigga better keep his hands
to himself or get clapped for what's under that man's belt
I never asked for nothin I don't demand of myself
Honesty, loyalty, friends and then wealth
Death before dishonor and I tell you what else
I tighten my belt 'fore I beg for help
Foolish pride is what held me together through the years
I wasn't felt which is why I ain't never played myself
I just play the hand I'm dealt, I can't say I've never knelt
before God and asked for better cards at times to no avail
But I never sat back feelin sorry for myself
If you don't give me heaven I'll raise hell
'Til it's heaven
Either love me, or leave me alone
----------------------------
[Jay-Z]
Holla at me...
I do this for my culture
To let 'em know what a nigga look like, when a nigga in a roaster
Show 'em how to move in a room full of vultures
Industry shady it need to be taken over
Label owners hate me I'm raisin the status quo up
I'm overchargin niggaz for what they did to the Cold Crush
Pay us like you owe us for all the years that you hoed us
------------------------------
[Verse 1: Jay-Z] + (Aaliyah)
All we listen to is all the different yous
Four page letters in addition to
Have you ever loved somebody used to get the party poppin
We used to party alot, we used to be in the Hampton's partied alot
We was The Breakfast Club you was a part of the ROC
We used to make up special names for the food we ate
Remember cerial pie one of your favorite plates (I miss you)
Well Dame told me tell you he's doin well
Due to the circumstances, it could've been Bellevue
But I ain't got to tell you, you lookin over us
---------------------------------
[Jay-Z]
Fifty grand I get this on one take (Hova)
Look, I'm not tryin to give you love and affection (uh-huh)
I'm tryin to give you sixty seconds of perfection (uh-huh)
I'm tryin to give you cabfare and directions
Get your +Independent+ ass out of here - QUESTION?
I'm not your man, not Ralph Tresvant
Not Ronnie Romance.. no ma
I'm tryin to hit you then put you in the middle of the round
like I'm Roberto Duran.. no mas
Six A.M. another chick in the house (put your hands up)
6:15 another chick kicked you out (put your hands up)
Spend one minute tryin to dig her out
The other fourteen tryin to "put it in her mouth"
The dick too chubby, too much'll make you love me
Now be a nice wifey and run home to your hubby
Cause we, both knowin what we doin is wrong
--------------------------------
[Verse Two: Jay-Z]
Yeah, ye-ye-yeah, check
These here's the dog years and motherfuckers don't shed
I try to bring you life but motherfuckers want dead
So I travel with the barrel, with the chrome, with the lead
Cause when it's on, then it's on, the shots flowin through your head
I been rich I been poor I saved and blown bread
Some say I been here before because of the way I zone
Some said, Jigga zone is like the fallin of Rome
Reoccuring, that he thinks like that cause he's observing
Won't be known until I'm gone and niggaz study my bones
Mentally been many places, but I'm Brooklyn's own
In the physical, onee seems, like a lost body
In fact my thoughts don't differ much from that of God body
But it's the odd shottie, that got cats, likening me
to the mob John Gotti, rap dudes bitin me cause
I got it locked like the late Bob Marley
Pardon me y'all, the great Bob Marley
Solemnly we mourn, all the rappers that's gone
Niggaz that got killed in the field and all the babies born
Know they ain't fully prepared for this New World Order
So I keep it ghetto like sunflower seeds and quarter waters
You walk em through it, you know, talk em through it
Know these beads is more than music whenever I talk to it
Destined for greatness and y'all knew this, when I doubled the pie
Had a shorty and a girdle comin out of B-W-I (in school)
I hated algebra but I loved to multiply
And I told my nigga Big I'd be multi before I die
It's gonna happen whether rappin or clappin have it your way
---------------------------------------------
Guess who's bizack?
You still smellin crack in my clothes
Don't make me have to relapse on these hoes
Take it back out to taxin them roads
When I was huggin it, niggaz couldn't do nuttin wit it
Straight from the oven wit it - came from the dirt
I emerged from it all without a stain on my shirt
You can blame my old earth, for the shit she instilled in me
Still with me, pain plus work
Shit she made me milk this game for all it's worth
That's right, these niggaz can't fuck with me
I'm callin guts everytime, drag my nuts everytime
Homey, we make a great combination don't we?
Me and the Face Mob, everytime we face-off
Face it y'all, y'all niggaz playin basic ball
I'm on the block like I'm eight feet tall
Homey, I'm in the drop with the AC on
-----------------------------------
I speak through music, I reach you dudes
We can get deeper in the dirt than cleat shoes
I refuse to lose
I peep you creeps three months in advance
I SEE RIGHT THROUGH YA, JUDAS!
The man that I am and damn you dont know
The harder you go at me the harder I flow
Lets do this
I'm just a mirror reflectin your image
The minute you switch up your face I pick up the pace
There's nothin to it
Pull hammers from my waist
We can clap at this amateur pace
If that's what's crackin
Or we can play this on All Madden
Can you even fathom not havin a fear in the world
I'm cool in my afterlife
If I'm readin these chapters right
Please what have you, I breeze through Matthews
Bleed if I have you, you cowards die a thousand deaths
Fate fucks face-down on your house's steps
Are yall even gettin this message?
I aint bein aggressive
But if you testin my life then, shit I gotta answer
Gotta cut off the cancer, young'n, pull your pants up
You gettin too big for ya britches
You fuckin wit a dude that did it wit digits
Breathing's a privilege
Dont you know... when youre defeated?
Wont you throw? Throw in the towel
I'm better with vowels
I'm a man of principles; damn-near invincible
In my own mind now that my soul's aligned
I didnt know before now my role's defined:
Take hold and control what's mine
COME AND GIT MEEEEEEE
Come and take my life, you comin wit me
Come and try to take me for granted
I'll take you off this planet
Dammit, man this is the gift from God
This aint have to stand
'Til your arms are too short to box
Plus we knuckle up unorthodox
You can't take me off my grind GET OFF MY COCK
------------------------------

ShaDynasty
08-21-2007, 05:32 PM
I think Jay-Z will go down as one of the greatest rappers of all time, definetly top ten. The dude has pretty much everything: a great flow, charisma, vocabulary, topics.

That being said, hes made/been part of several truly awful songs.

go listen to 'So Ghetto' and tell me you don't like him

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
08-21-2007, 09:36 PM
jay-z is dope but at the same time has made allot of wack shit and his dope shit is sometimes overlooked for his more commcerical tracks

THE W
08-22-2007, 04:09 PM
jay-z is a nice rapper man far from wack. in fact he's class. but there are many dudes that would eat him alive lyrically. he's just a better businessman and knows how to play the game better than most dudes who would bust his ass on the mic. which is why he's big time and they're not. you DO have to respect the guy's business acumen.

and does he REALLY freestyle? seriously? you're telling me that the guy goes right in the studio with no writtens and never rehersing the verse and goes total improve on the mic? i seriously doubt that. i think that he just memorizes his verses good enough to where he doesnt have to write it down but he still has to go over his stuff and get it down right.

Dominus Santorini
08-22-2007, 09:01 PM
He stated that he "writes" the lyrics in his brain its on Lyrical Exercise...so he actually never said he freestyles his verses. He just memorizes bar after bar. Ja Rule and Wayne do the same shit

Hollow Dartz
08-22-2007, 10:23 PM
People just finding shit to hate on, don't even own an album and you judging him by a Radio Single. LOL I find that funny Ya'll not saying all that shit about Ghostface "Never Be The Same Again" "Tush" "Back Like That" What about Jay-Z's "Dead Presidents" "Jigga What" LOL ya'll crack me up.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
08-23-2007, 01:45 AM
there are people on the forum that dislike Ghost cuz of that, believe me

I found it pretty idiotic...it's not like with 50 Cent, that has all-in-all trash tracks (check his last album)

Longbongcilvaringz
08-23-2007, 03:12 AM
yeah i hate the previously mentioned ghost tracks...

i just think telling people they should respect jay z even if you dislike his music is retarded.

LuckyTheWonderDog
08-23-2007, 03:19 AM

I can go on forever

Yeah, Donald Trump gotta be the best person on earth. and the Walmart guy, Sam Walton...

Kriszy Substance
08-23-2007, 03:25 AM
He co-owns buisness ventures, and what rapper did he take out the projects besides memphis weak?? And of course he opened doors he has hands!

Sure thing. But also, what if he didn't have hands....literally. I think that would be something new to him...dollars wont fix that (relation to the original quote, first post).

Not fully knocking this guy. I dont hate him or disrespect him...in my opinion he lacks a certain substance that fills my needs. To each their own.

Dante
08-23-2007, 08:48 AM
Jay is the man.

He has my respect for sure.

J.T.S.
08-23-2007, 12:25 PM
He stated that he "writes" the lyrics in his brain its on Lyrical Exercise...so he actually never said he freestyles his verses. He just memorizes bar after bar. Ja Rule and Wayne do the same shit

Bump that, a close friend of jigga's leaked his secret.
dude writes his lyrics at home, memorizes em' then spit em in the studio like he's coming off the top.

LuckyTheWonderDog
08-23-2007, 12:31 PM
But also, what if he didn't have hands....literally. I think that would be something new to him...dollars wont fix that (relation to the original quote, first post).

It would be very funny to see you hit Jay with that!

dude writes his lyrics at home, memorizes em' then spit em in the studio like he's coming off the top.

I've always learnt my lyrics before recording them. You can rarely get as good a flow if you're attempting to read at the same time as rap.

SaqurakiHanamichi
08-23-2007, 12:31 PM

lol ya ur right lets believe what somebody says,,,,,,,,
common man thats mad pathetic

LuckyTheWonderDog
08-23-2007, 12:35 PM
I do think with Biggie, Jay and others that there's been confusion between freestyling the lyrics (or coming off the top) and just not bothering to write much down.

Longbongcilvaringz
08-23-2007, 12:44 PM
what the fuck is the big deal with that anyway... it doesnt make the lyrics or verse any better or worse. he can choose to do whatever he wants, but you cant justify him being better than others because he dosnt write shit down.

its the same with freestyling, some great mc's probably cant freestyle for shit, while you have guys in the battle scene who freestyle well who cant make a decent album.

LuckyTheWonderDog
08-23-2007, 03:06 PM
what the fuck is the big deal with that anyway... it doesnt make the lyrics or verse any better or worse. he can choose to do whatever he wants, but you cant justify him being better than others because he dosnt write shit down.

its the same with freestyling, some great mc's probably cant freestyle for shit, while you have guys in the battle scene who freestyle well who cant make a decent album.

Exactly what GZA says.

Mumm Ra
08-23-2007, 03:43 PM
jay-z was my favorite rapper before I started getting into wu-tang. Now he just sounds like childsplay to me. Like comparing an essay written by a college student to a first grader. Yeah he's good at making words rhyme but lyrically he's really nothing special. There's too many other better mc's than jay and I don't owe him a pinch of my respect and no that doesn't automatically mean I'm jealous or hating on him like you tried to assume.