PDA

View Full Version : Blu & Exile - Below the Heavens... Fucking cop this shit

DJMethods
08-21-2007, 01:32 PM
This album was a surprise. I downloaded it last week or so to check it out because everywhere was giving it very good reviews. Downloaded it and played it a lot, but never thought about how good it was, never really listened that well.. after the 10th or so play I got it. This album is crazily good, real shock.

Blu is just about as dope an MC to come out lately. Real dope, I just love this;

"Fuck jewels, I think my soul glows bright enough
And fuck whips, I learn more when I ride the bus
And fuck gold, it's bad enough we fight for bucks
And fuck hoes, 'cause in the end, I need a wife to love"

He's like this throughout the whole album. He's not gonna blow 'thug' people away, but he's as real as anyone. It's just his thoughts on an album, but doesn't fail like a lot do with preachy bullshit, just states his views.

Exile is the producer.. he's not the best thing to come out, but it just fits the vibe perfectly. Doesn't switch up, stays mellow with some soul samples throughout the album, but it just compliments Blu.

Check the reviews on AHH and RapReviews.. it's too dope. Download it, fuck, just give it a listen.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
08-21-2007, 01:41 PM
Yeah I like this album too, def. a must, like The Offering

DJMethods
08-21-2007, 01:57 PM
yeah bro, I loved The Offering and this. two polar opposites though, weird the extent of hip-hop.

iammzac
08-21-2007, 02:39 PM
Yeah this album is great. My album of the week is Beat Konducta Live in India 3-4.. just got it yesterday and it's firee.

Galvatron97
08-21-2007, 03:49 PM
I liked this album but I dont think its a classic like everyone is saying it is.....its a good hip hop album in a time of trash coming out....but that doesnt make it classic...i would give it a 4/5.....