PDA

View Full Version : Cormega, Who Am I? News

tragedykhadafi12
08-22-2007, 11:08 AM
After taking nearly five years off to focus on his family and lock himself in the lab, Cormega is back with two new projects -- one being Legal Hustle Presents: Got Beats, a producer's instrumental album, and "Who Am I," a new documentary DVD and accompanying soundtrack.

"Who Am I?" will give fans an inside look into the life of Cormega. Executive produced by Cormega and filmed by Jordan Tower, four years of Cormega's life have been edited into a two hour documentary, which he began filming in 2001.

"This DVD follows me through the duration of 2001-2005, starting with The Realness," explains Cormega. "The idea behind the documentary was to show my life as an independent artist and as a person."

The DVD will come packaged with five previous unreleased music videos and will be accompanied by a soundtrack.

The first scene of the documentary was filmed in Virginia in 2001 by Choke No Joke with majority of the additional footage documented by Jordan Tower in various places including New York, Atlanta, Pennsylvania, and California. Along with friends and members of Cormega's inner circle, Ron Artest, Ghostface, Kurupt, Jayo Felony, Kay Slay, Pete Rock, Marley Marl, Large Professor, Nature, and others make appearances on the film.

Along with tour / performance footage, as a bonus to the documentary, Legal Hustle Records has included the videos for "R U My N----" and "Get Out My Way," directed by Fred Garcia, "I'm Built For This" directed by Choke No Joke, "Live Ya Life" and "The True Meaning" directed by Cormega and Jordan Tower.

The accompanying soundtrack features Cormega and various artists such as Dwele, The Jacka, Keak Da Sneak, and Yukmouth, among others.

"Who Am I?" is slated for release on October 23, while the aforementioned Got Beats album is slated for October 9.

A trailer can be viewed on YouTube.com (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXutOEAbd4A).