PDA

View Full Version : KRS-One Signs To Duck Down Records

Scáth Bán
08-22-2007, 11:37 PM
In an exclusive interview with XXLMag.com, Black Moon front man, Buckshot, has announced that Duck Down Records has signed the legendary KRS-One. “Yeah, we just signed KRS-One to Duck Down,” Buckshot told XXLMag.com. “He’s on my label now. We’re going hard, as far as production wise.” Buckshot, who is co-CEO of Duck Down Records with Dru Ha, is also working another album with producer 9th Wonder entitled The Formula. The LP is the follow up to 2005’s Chemistry. “It’s a whole different time,” Buck says in regards to the album’s direction. ‘It’s a different scene. It’s a reflection of what needs to be said and it’s my manifestation. I’m trying to show people that I’m actually greater at what I do then what is perceived when I come up with concepts and stories. The things I do lyrically on this album aren’t easy. That’s the whole point of hip-hop, to do what’s not easy.” The Formula will be released this fall.

Reporting by Rich Knight

http://www.xxlmag.com/online/?p=13095

Rame
08-23-2007, 04:17 AM
Good news.

oDoUoSoKo
08-23-2007, 10:33 AM
krs on 9th beats? eloels, that crazy...he gotta be in BCC now...eloels.

Robert
08-23-2007, 10:57 AM
If this is legit this is great news, I'd like to see some more evidence though......

living_undead
08-23-2007, 11:11 AM
KRS-ONE and Sean P on a track
or or
KRS w/ Tek and Steele!
haha, this seems like an odd move on KRS' part, but lets see.

beeboy
08-23-2007, 11:11 AM
YEAAHHHHH...fukkin hot news..you made my day...1

J.T.S.
08-23-2007, 01:07 PM
That's what's up good news.

Kong
08-23-2007, 01:24 PM
wow, thanks for the news.

TAURO
08-23-2007, 01:43 PM
Brilliant news.......KRS and Boot Camp?.....thats militant right there.

OTB
08-23-2007, 02:06 PM
Duck...sucker Emceez Duck Down!

CharlesJones
08-23-2007, 04:48 PM
That's great news. Da Beatminerz would give KRS some hard beats because KRS needs some good beats badly since his last 2 albums Keep Right and Life sucked because of terrible beats. Da Beatminerz produced KRS One's song Over Here that has him dissing Nelly. Over Here beat is hard. Da Beatminerz also produced his Somebody song on his Kristyles album. That's a tight beat also. KRS hasn't made a good album since Kristyles.

SG
08-23-2007, 05:45 PM
That's great news. Da Beatminerz would give KRS some hard beats because KRS needs some good beats badly since his last 2 albums Keep Right and Life sucked because of terrible beats. Da Beatminerz produced KRS One's song Over Here that has him dissing Nelly. Over Here beat is hard. Da Beatminerz also produced his Somebody song on his Kristyles album. That's a tight beat also. KRS hasn't made a good album since Kristyles.

I understand what you are saying but his last two albums are not terrible. His production is at the cutting edge of HIPHOP not for the club or radio but for your brain

Duck Down and BDP, thats SUPREME CLIENTELE

Meta4
08-23-2007, 07:49 PM
DuckDown has always been my favorite label but KRS doesn't seem like a good fit. A classic could be in the works though... At any rate this is just another example of DD ALWAYS makin proper moves.

Dirty Knowledge
08-24-2007, 02:57 PM
Wow. Awesome. KRS-1 and Duckdown, shit'll be crazy if it ever pops off.

OTB
08-24-2007, 03:22 PM
[QUOTE KRS hasn't made a good album since Kristyles.[/QUOTE]

yo why iz charlez jonez so hard on the Blastmaster-
i've been trying to cultivate homeboy and wize him up about
KRS for a while now-

Hiphop Livez iz a classic.
Life waz dope. and Keep Right waz mad dope-

come on chuckee cheeze-

^nah, i'm jus playin. i aint gonna go there yet,
i still got faith in you chuck. h ha peace fam-

LORD ZERO
08-24-2007, 03:25 PM
i wanna see the outcome of this, good news

DoomSystem
08-24-2007, 03:30 PM

Word... Kristyles off off the meter --- keep right was sub par and Life had maybe 1 or 2 good songs... I bought all of them tho... but yea, the beats were definitely an issue since we know KRS can spit with anyone ---- Hip-Hop Lives was OK with maybe 3 really good songs but Marley and KRS should have spent more time in the studio, I think they recorded that album too fast --- The should have aimed at making it a landmark album as opposed to just good --- But I love KRS tho regardless... 90's beatminerz flavor meets KRS = dope

begongo
08-24-2007, 03:44 PM
i would still love krs even if he`d sign with g-unit, how can`t i love krs when signing to duck down?

OTB
08-24-2007, 03:44 PM
^^what the blood clot-

yo 'Hiphop livez' didnt have 1 weak track.

DoomSystem
08-26-2007, 05:25 AM
^^what the blood clot-

yo 'Hiphop livez' didnt have 1 weak track.

"I Was There" is definitely a weak, repetative track... there are others... Like 3 dope tracks total... a few average tracks and a 3 or 4 weak tracks

Razorsharp
08-26-2007, 05:28 AM
good move... real heads collabing... :D