PDA

View Full Version : A Tribe Called Quest Appreciation thread

J.T.S.
08-23-2007, 12:14 PM
Give it up for my favorite group besides Wu, and B.C.C. i never hear anyone talk bout these guys their legends. My fav albums are"Midnight maurauders", and The low end theory's" a close followup,

DJMethods
08-23-2007, 12:14 PM
Low End Theory >>> Midnight Marauders

TSA
08-23-2007, 12:16 PM
Give it up for my favorite group besides Wu, and B.C.C. i never hear anyone talk bout these guys their legends. My fav albums are"Midnight maurauders", and The low end theory's" a close followup,

lately they've been coming close to wu as my favorite group.

the first 3 tribe cds were classics.

they're so intellegent, but dont try to show it off you know.

Sucka Nigga is some genius TRUE ass shit. my favorite tribe song next to Can I Kick It. some should send a copy of it to al sharpton

DR. NICK RIVIERA
08-23-2007, 12:25 PM
ATCQ are one of the greats, yup, they are legends fo sho

TAURO
08-23-2007, 12:25 PM
It's funny this thread should pop up now cos i've been bumping "Midnight Marauders" like crazy for the last few weeks. This last month i've gone back into my collection picking out all the old-school shit, plus i've been purchasing albums I missed the first time round too.

A Tribe Called Quest are undoubtably one of the best groups in hip hop.....FACT.

WuGambino
08-23-2007, 02:15 PM
Tribe > Wu.

That's right. Fucking brilliant.

CharlesJones
08-23-2007, 03:57 PM
The Low End Theory, Midnight Marauders, Beats Rhymes And Life, The Love Movement albums i listen to often. Phife is a better mc to me than QTip but both of them have good chemistry and they're legends. I don't listen to their first album that much but Bonita Applebum is a classic. I wish Phife had done some more solo albums. His solo album Ventilation was pretty good. Does anybody have Tribe's videos dvd? I got a copy of it and i watch their old videos sometimes. Check The Rhyme, Hot Sex On A Platter, Electric Relaxation, Bonita Applebum, We've Got Jazz are my favorite videos by them. Hot Sex On A Platter isn't on the videos dvd i have but i wish it was.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
08-23-2007, 05:40 PM
i listen to beats, rhyme and life allot more cuz it was the first joint of theres i bought and the love movement is a dope and under appreciated album man but i gotta get there first three albums i have e'm downloaded but i wanna own ya know what i mean i've felt Phife Dawg came harder on allot of tracks but Q-Tip is equally dope and is kind of person most people identify ATCQ with ya know

xHard to Earnx
08-23-2007, 07:20 PM
Midnight Marauders is probably in my top three. It's definitely better than The Low End Theory.

WuGambino
08-23-2007, 07:45 PM
I prefer Tip (even though 8 Million Stories is one of my favourite songs). I'm really not sure which one I like better out of Low End and Midnight but they are both classics to me. I've listened to Low End more so I guess I enjoy it a bit more when I listen.

buckshotstheone
08-24-2007, 09:03 AM
i consider Low End Theory to be a flawless album. I put it number 2 in the all time greatest rap records (just below Illmatic). Midnight Mauraders is also a classic, love that record, but for me it doesn't get any better than low end theory. the album starts out perfectly, ends perfectly, and doesn't miss a beat in between. got nothing but love for tribe

btw for those of you that missed q-tip's solo album Kamaal The Abstract, you should check it out if you have an open mind, it's some beautiful shit

LuckyTheWonderDog
08-24-2007, 11:15 AM
I used to rate Low End highest, but now prefer Midnight Marauders, maybe just cos I overplayed Low End.

The first three are all incredible 5* albums though. Beats, Rhymes & Life had some great tracks, but also had some poor cheesy ones. Didn't like Love Movement at all.

Would have loved it if they'd brought their reunion tour over to the UK.

Z3RO
08-24-2007, 02:38 PM
Yeah Tribe Is The Shit.
All Their Albums Are Dope, But My Fave Is Low End.
The Infamous Date Rape, Everything Is Fair Are Too Damn
Ill For Words...........

I Own A Advance Copy Of Kamaal The Abstract, That Shit Is Way
Before It's Time. Way Before

WuGambino
08-24-2007, 05:57 PM
btw for those of you that missed q-tip's solo album Kamaal The Abstract, you should check it out if you have an open mind, it's some beautiful shit

Do you mean the Amplified album?

buckshotstheone
08-25-2007, 12:46 AM
Do you mean the Amplified album?

nope, although that shit is nice too. this was only out as an advance and like dude above you said it is way before its time. some incredible music on there, it's on the web, i can up it if enough people want it

Dragondude_R
08-27-2007, 04:30 PM
MM > LET

Tribe Called Quest is great, Award Tour is one of the best songs ever (followed by Check the Rhime, Scenario, Scenario Remix, etc.)