PDA

View Full Version : beatnuts

DJMethods
08-23-2007, 02:18 PM
was at my boys tonight, he was bumping this beatnuts compilation and it was too good. I need these albums (yea yea, hang shit for not picking them up earlier, i deserve it), what should i get?

TAURO
08-23-2007, 02:36 PM
was at my boys tonight, he was bumping this beatnuts compilation and it was too good. I need these albums (yea yea, hang shit for not picking them up earlier, i deserve it), what should i get?

Pretty much all of it, they are very consistent, but start with these first....

Intoxicated Demons - The first album, dope but they are still finding their way.

Street Level - Beatnuts hit their stride with this one, beats are heavy and everyone comes correct, Fashion (Al-Tariq) leaves the group after this, but he leaves on a high.

Stone Crazy - Their production hit's it's peak with this one, dope as fuck and "Off The Books" featuring Big Pun and Cuban Link is one of the dopest cuts and remains in my top ten all time favourate joints.

Take It Or Squeeze It - A very off the wall type of album, again production doesn't lack here, not as good as their first three but this album has it's fans. (This is my friends fave beatnuts album)

The remaining three albums are worth picking up too but all have major flaws, although their most recent was imo a return to form after the dissapointing Originators.

Musical Massacre - 7/10 Too many guests spoil this album and some of the beats are weak but there are some quality cuts on this.

Originators - 5/10 A weak Beatnuts album is still miles better than alot of the bullshit out there, still worth picking up but I would recommend it be the last one.

Milk Me - 7/10 A very dope album with some great joints and an improvement over Originators but it felt very by the numbers and besides maybe to joints nothing really stood out.

I hope this could be some help to you.

Dragondude_R
08-23-2007, 02:37 PM
Intoxicated Demons EP

Beatnuts aren't much lyrically, but their beats are amazing.

lol, damn, dude shut shit down a minute before I posted.

TAURO
08-25-2007, 01:52 PM
Beatnuts also have an album with unreleased and remixed joints too.

DJMethods
08-25-2007, 02:18 PM
I've got no cash till next week.. and internet is fucked and cant download. im actually craving some beatnuts too, this is fucked.

ShaDynasty
08-25-2007, 02:20 PM
definetly pick up 'Intoxicated Demons' and 'Street Level', those are classic albums and a lot of fun to listen to. I would say the rest of their albums are between average and good, but if you like those 2 albums you'll probably want to hear their other stuff anyway.
They're probably in my top ten Hip Hop acts, which is a big recomendation.