PDA

View Full Version : Ice Water - Polluted Wisdom

buckshotstheone
08-23-2007, 10:15 PM
anyone heard this yet?

all i can say is, wow

talk about selling out. i thought baby grande was supposed to be an indie label.

haha, first joint i thought i accidentally downloaded a roc-a-fella album.

they got Three Six Mafia, Remy Ma, Pimp C, and fucking Rick Ross?!?!

punchlines? really? naw, nice attempts though

and the cover, hahahaah, Raekwon take up like 75% of the cover, Ice Water dudes take up like, 3%. then you got 20% that says RAEKWON and 2% that gives the album title, they ddin't even TRY to hide that were selling this purely on Rae's name and image

here's a line "fake gucci slippers on and those tight ass hips". just heard it, wow, that's tight

haha here's that hook "damn shorty all i said was hi, but i seen you had them thighs, could it be the escalade or the chrome on the sl-5"

i'm ashamed Rae put his name on this or even let this shit go down

have fun checking this album out, maybe there are some nice tracks but damn there is a lot of crap

haha, dude just said "EARRRRLY!". that's freeway shit, wow, swagger jackin' catch phrases now.

sad

Meta4
08-23-2007, 10:52 PM
I like Ice Water but it definitely seems they're tryin to get on some mainstream shit with this. They need to come with the lyrics and originality before that. I'm almost ashamed to say this but it seems like Rae is fuckin up on this one. Ice Water definitely has it in them to make ill shit but them wack-ass guest appearances ain't helpin. Who knows maybe they can't hold lyrical weight against dope emcees so they recruited wack ones??? I hope not. They were all ill on Lex Diamonds

tymoney
08-24-2007, 12:42 AM
It's called polluted water, Polluted wisdom is a song by La the darkman.

buckshotstheone
08-24-2007, 12:44 AM
It's called polluted water, Polluted wisdom is a song by La the darkman.

haha

shows what i wish i was listening to at the time

mind is always on the wu, even when the wu be fuckin' up

J-DON
08-24-2007, 12:49 AM
I think having Rae featured on the cover is to the detriment of both Ice Water and Rae. Ice Water because most of the audience they went for with their tracks is probably like "Who the fuck is Raekwon?" I have no idea why they thought that would get them sales. Rae because its another shot to his credibility which is not what he needs before he drops the Cuban Linx 2 album. Bad Bad move, should have had that other image I was seeing be the cover because Rae is still represented but not in a manner that is as tacky as this cover... id say theyre even worse than Free Murda for that shit.

LuckyTheWonderDog
08-24-2007, 06:01 AM
I had a feeling it would be like this.

I'm always dubious of an album that has "XXXXX PRESENTS" in bigger writing than the actual artist's name. Not usually a good sign for their being of a quality to stand on their own.

Another great example is:

RZA PRESENTS FREEMURDA

Durag
08-24-2007, 06:32 AM
^^And Method Man presents Streetlife. That album was fuckin wack

LuckyTheWonderDog
08-24-2007, 07:01 AM
^^And Method Man presents Streetlife. That album was fuckin wack

Back in the day, I'd listen to Hellz Wind Staff and think "This guy Streetlife is fuckin sick. That's one of the best lyrics on the album! When we gonna get a solo from this guy?". Eventually, about 8 years later he arrives with a real sub par effort. To be fair at least his name was slightly bigger than Meth's.

Jeru
08-24-2007, 07:36 AM
There's some good production on that album but I ain't buyin

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
08-24-2007, 10:36 AM
This album truly sucks. It has no direction the sound is all over the place. Why did Rae do a track called "click click" then proceed to flow so slow you thought the track was screwed and chopped.

vahacris
08-24-2007, 11:08 AM
offtopic (cuz theres not much to be said about this polluted crap LP)....

yo ben do you have some info about that animated gif in your sig. i talkin' bout this one with baby-u fuckin' with rza. ive seen it forst time and i just wonder how it ends up ;]......

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
08-24-2007, 11:19 AM

yo ben do you have some info about that animated gif in your sig. i talkin' bout this one with baby-u fuckin' with rza. ive seen it forst time and i just wonder how it ends up ;]......

Its from an old TV performance. They were just hungry back then and U God was wilding out...nothing to it but stage antics

LuckyTheWonderDog
08-24-2007, 11:22 AM
^^ Was wonderign as well. Hard to tell if it's hyped up pushin about rowdy style, or beef.

Had a quick look on google and what I did find was this RZA interview containing this:

Q) What’s the meanest thing ever said to you before, during or after a gig?

A) The meanest thing happened during a show, on stage. U-God said, “Yo, get the fuck out of here if you're doin' that bullshit.” Let me tell you why he said it: he has an illusion that no matter what it is, I got something to do with it. It was one of those shows where we were running overtime and someone had to get cut. Now I don't know what's going on — I actually missed the first two days of the tour so this is my first day. So I don't even know the plan or nothing, I'm just jumping in and shit. So then the DJ starts to play his song — that he usually does I guess. And U-God thought I went up and told the DJ not to play his song. I don't know where he got that from, but in the middle of the show sometimes we give each other this look to make the energy go up or vibe in, and he was like, "Get the fuck outta' here. You're on some fuckin' bullshit." I almost wanted to fight and shit, nah mean? But then I was like, "This nigga's crazy." (laughs) Then after the show I found out why he said it and I was like, "Your imagination is crazy sometimes, son. Why the fuck do I give a fuck what you do?" I'm the Abbott, so being the Abbott makes you responsible for everything even if you're responsible for it or not. It was one of meanest things said to me because I only get love and respect at shows, even if that sounds corny.

Probably been posted before, but here's the link if you're interested:

http://www.exclaim.ca/articles/multiarticlesub.aspx?csid2=6&fid1=23328&csid1=107

vahacris
08-24-2007, 11:35 AM
Its from an old TV performance. They were just hungry back then and U God was wilding out...nothing to it but stage antics

thanks for the info ben. baby u looks hungry as fuck on it. the shit must be short after his jail time ;]

junius
08-24-2007, 11:45 AM
AZ presents... Begetz was crap too.

any ya'll checked out this horrible LOOKING Immortal Technique presents...

i forget, some Brooklyn dude nobody i know seems to be down with.

Streetlife i thought was at least half-excellent... the rest half-assed.

venex
08-24-2007, 11:46 AM
haha

shows what i wish i was listening to at the time

mind is always on the wu, even when the wu be fuckin' up

I like your mindstate:cheerlie:

LuckyTheWonderDog
08-24-2007, 11:50 AM
AZ presents... Begetz was crap too.

any ya'll checked out this horrible LOOKING Immortal Technique presents...

i forget, some Brooklyn dude nobody i know seems to be down with.

Streetlife i thought was at least half-excellent... the rest half-assed.

If it's the Immortal Technique presents Poison Pen album you're talking about, then I heard it was fuckin nice. Poison Pen is a quality mc.

mAlAkAz
08-25-2007, 02:02 AM
don't forget the Sunz Of Man Presents Hell RAZAH & 4TH dISCIPLE (Freedom Of Speech) that CD was dope too, probably one of the best on that X-Ray/cleopatra label

crass
08-25-2007, 02:24 AM
Uh did anybody listen to Lex Diamond Story and expect the Ice Water album to not totally suck?

GENERAL WISE
08-25-2007, 03:04 AM
Uh did anybody listen to Lex Diamond Story and expect the Ice Water album to not totally suck?

I can see why you think Lex Diamond Story is a sub-par album, and because it is Raekwon's latest album, you don't want to see another album like that in Rae's future efforts.

This however is not the case, his Vatican mixtapes, in any Hip Hop fan's opinion, have been extremely enjoyable and are successful in that they created hype for Only Built For Cuban Linx Part II, Plus THEY ARE RECENT.

I don't see how you could have picked (randomly) one of Rae's worst efforts and associated it with Polluted Water.

If it was Rae's latest material, then through inductive reasoning you can say "Uh did anybody listen to Lex Diamond Story and expect the Ice Water album to not totally suck?"

But thats not the case, therefore you cannot say that because Lex Diamond is bad (Lex Diamond being a NOT-SO-RECENT album), Raekwon's current projects are going to mimic the wackness of the Lex Diamond Story.

Actually, Lex Diamond Story isn't wack at all, but if you think so who am I to judge.

crass
08-25-2007, 03:05 AM
It don't vibe, man, and I can't jive.

Nah man, I'm not talking about Rae. I'm saying that Ice Water was weak on LDS, and that if people didn't dig them on that LP, then why would they expect their LP to be on a different style?

GENERAL WISE
08-25-2007, 03:24 AM
It don't vibe, man, and I can't jive.

Nah man, I'm not talking about Rae. I'm saying that Ice Water was weak on LDS, and that if people didn't dig them on that LP, then why would they expect their LP to be on a different style?

Thats cool, I just hope that they leave Ice Water off Only Built For Cuban Linx II, that needs to be a Raekwon Feat. Wu-Tang affair only.

Kriszy Substance
08-25-2007, 03:29 AM
Apologies for interrupting what seems to be a well informed discussion...but I have a few questions and am hoping someone can help me out:

1. I haven't heard any of this Vatican mixtape stuff...give me a little run down if you can please (last mixtape type thing I got was that Heron Only proj) Does the Vatican mixtape stuff have dj's shouting over and in between tracks? And also, what do you mean by it hyping for OB4CL2? Are there new tracks and shit or what? (by the way, thanks HeyZeus for the Ras Kass input in that other thread).

I guess the second isn't really a question but more a jumbled thought...ok, so it seems a lot of people are not feeling this Icewater stuff at all...for a few reasons. I haven't even checked out any of their songs so I suppose I should do my research, which I will...when does this album drop? Also, I find it interesting that people are wondering why Rae did this and are calling it commercial or whatever...but then you see that interview with RZA where he said Rae was kind of the bad guy in charge so to speak...and Rae was calling something some "Black Eyed Peas" shit...and now I have no idea what to think, which is cool....

GENERAL WISE
08-25-2007, 03:50 AM
Apologies for interrupting what seems to be a well informed discussion...but I have a few questions and am hoping someone can help me out:

1. I haven't heard any of this Vatican mixtape stuff...give me a little run down if you can please (last mixtape type thing I got was that Heron Only proj) Does the Vatican mixtape stuff have dj's shouting over and in between tracks? And also, what do you mean by it hyping for OB4CL2? Are there new tracks and shit or what? (by the way, thanks HeyZeus for the Ras Kass input in that other thread).

I guess the second isn't really a question but more a jumbled thought...ok, so it seems a lot of people are not feeling this Icewater stuff at all...for a few reasons. I haven't even checked out any of their songs so I suppose I should do my research, which I will...when does this album drop? Also, I find it interesting that people are wondering why Rae did this and are calling it commercial or whatever...but then you see that interview with RZA where he said Rae was kind of the bad guy in charge so to speak...and Rae was calling something some "Black Eyed Peas" shit...and now I have no idea what to think, which is cool....

Well, the Vatican Mixtapes have been Rae's (some would say) best mixtapes for Only Built 4 Cuban Linx II.

2 are already released:

The Vatican Mixtape V1
The Da Vinci Code: The Vatican Mixtape V2

and one is going to be released soon w/ Rae saying that in includes unreleased tracks from the 93'-95'

House of Wax: The Vatican Mixtape V3

I would say download them (because they are quite expensive for Mixtapes) and they do have DJ's (Clue etc)
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_m/105-5028962-1751619?initialSearch=1&url=search-alias%3Dpopular&field-keywords=Vatican+Mixtape&Go.x=0&Go.y=0&Go=Go

If you haven't heard Ras Kass' Soul on Ice, I suggest you check that out. IMHO it is a 5 mic classic and it has a cult following, although you might be offended by Nature of the Threat.

This Ice Water album is pretty good for a mainstream hip hop listener, but it doesn't do anything outside the norm, therefore a lot of people including me at times (Elitist Backpackers/ Nerd hip hop fans) It is a hit miss album and Rae is trying to do his thing to get these dudes some mainstream attention rather than the usual internet hip hop fan's attention.

Kriszy Substance
08-25-2007, 04:23 AM
Actually, Lex Diamond Story isn't wack at all, but if you think so who am I to judge.

That made me laugh.*D Where are the barfing smilies? lol. I love HeyZeus's entertaining and passionate opinions.

Thanks for the info. Have not heard Soul on Ice but I will check it out with that kind of talk behind it. Muchas Gracias.:mexico:

Icewater...still mixed feelings but I will most likely get it.

pep
08-25-2007, 02:52 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw-GQBNJ3nA..there you go homie...

Shyheim69
08-25-2007, 03:36 PM
im surprised alot of people actually admitted that this album was garbage. alot of people on this msg board are wu dick riders and whatever that has their name attached to it they say that its a classic or that its fire. So when everyone actually addmitted that this album was garbage i was very surprised.

I guess wu finally released an album soooooo shitty that even the biggest dick rider had no choice to say that it sucks.

Jeru
08-25-2007, 03:53 PM
im surprised alot of people actually admitted that this album was garbage. alot of people on this msg board are wu dick riders and whatever that has their name attached to it they say that its a classic or that its fire. So when everyone actually addmitted that this album was garbage i was very surprised.

I guess wu finally released an album soooooo shitty that even the biggest dick rider had no choice to say that it sucks.

Where you hear when Freemurda's album dropped?LOL

Shyheim69
08-25-2007, 03:58 PM
forget the post i made earlier. there is a whole fucking thread dedicated to how good this garbage album is. i cant believe these people.

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41265

LuckyTheWonderDog
08-29-2007, 01:12 PM
Ha ha. Dunno what the final cover art is/was, but if they used this, then the 'Raekwon presents Ice Water' thing is taken even further.

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/7795/icewaterwe4.jpg

L~>1<~NKS
08-29-2007, 01:58 PM
^^^ That shit iz caca.

When I saw that THAT was the final album cover - I was like HELL TO THE NO!

Especially comparin' it to the orignal 1ne wif the rottin' fish washed up on the beach. But then again if yawl sayin the album sound mainstream then that wouldn't be the sppropiate cover for it cuz that was on sum real grimwy shit.

Anyway, I listened to a couple of the tracks - the Busta track and that Method Man track (I forget the names). These cats got no lyrical talent @ all. The beats weren't bad especially on that Busta track.

I'll find sum1ne whose got it and listen to it - and I'll judge for mah self and manifest mah thoughts later.

LuckyTheWonderDog
08-30-2007, 03:30 AM
^^ Maybe someone suggested there'd been enough fish related Wu releases recently, and people might get confused!

vahacris
09-02-2007, 07:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw-GQBNJ3nA..there you go homie...

thanks a lot man.
peace fam

liquid_1_
09-03-2007, 01:09 AM
y dude always end his posts with " ;] "

MosHigh
09-05-2007, 04:25 PM
Has anyone copped this yet? Trying to find out if it's a banger or not...

HarlemDiplomat
09-06-2007, 01:41 AM
Yes I bought it... Its a good collector's item

Willypeecoat
09-06-2007, 03:54 PM
Yes I bought it... Its a good collector's item

collector's item wow thats going a little too far....

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
09-07-2007, 12:08 AM
THIS IS A SUB PAR ALBUM

GENERAL WISE
09-08-2007, 12:17 PM
CLASSIC 11/10

Totally Shits on Enter The Wu-Tang 36 Chambers.

jokostyle
09-10-2007, 07:16 PM
rae doesn t know how to pick good beats & who is able to make it (he believe that scram jones & heatmakerz produce heat)
plus re-listen immobilatity & lds production wise. Or compare (production wise) beneath the surface & immobilarity (even if it contains tracks like casablanca or real life) two '99 albums

HarlemDiplomat
09-11-2007, 08:26 AM
collector's item wow thats going a little too far....

Yeah I'mma say its a collectors Item cause you might not hear these songs again. But its not good for rotation. Just good to be dusted off 5 years from now for a 20 minute listen.

YO! THIS SHIT WAS TRASH!!!! I ACTUALLY BOUGHT THIS WHEN I COULD'VE BOUGHT ANOTHER ALBUM!!!! I BOUGHT THE OFFERING AND THIS THE SAME DAY AND I COULDN'T BELIEVE THEY'LL PUT THIS SHIT OUT...

Beats = good
Guests = good
Raekwon = good
Ice Water = whack

Yo, shit was all sweet till these guys start rapping. Method Man pretty much owned the track he was on. Even the Rick Ross track was hot. But Really, I can't even tell their voices apart, I don't know who is who, and theres no charisma.

And this is why niggaz been saying NYC lost it... Ice Water aint helping. And for the record, aint no one dickriding WU. I'm saying this album aint on Tony Yayo status, I'm just saying it could've been way better and it had better expectations.

Peace!

RynMur
09-29-2007, 08:31 PM
This album jumps around way too much. Really couldn't get in the mood b/c there are too many different vibes on the album (hip-hop, commercial rap, reggae feel and r&b). Anyways, I didn't think the album was that bad until "Click Click". From this point till the end, an average album turned terrible.

Top 3 Tracks: Do It Big, Hip-Hop Tribute, Love Don't Cost A Thing

Overall Grade: (1.5/5) D

noel411
09-30-2007, 12:47 AM
I think this is the first ever Wu affiliated official release that I have absolutely no desire to hear and plan to completely avoid.

I have not heard 1 snippet from 1 song on this album and I plan to keep it that way.

LuckyTheWonderDog
09-30-2007, 03:41 AM
^^ Ha ha. I know what you mean. Nothing appeals about it and I got enough nice new stuff and old classics i've yet to pick up, not to bother with this.

noel411
09-30-2007, 04:30 AM
Word. This is the first time I've ever even opened a thread to read anything about it or anything, and that was because I was aimlessly browsing the net to pass time. I heard about it a while ago and never pursued it any further. I remember when Freemurda dropped I had no intention of ever hearing it, and then I stumbled across a download for it and foolishly decided to grab it because it had Rza's name on it. Needless to say I never even listened to the whole thing and regretted wasting my time on the tracks I did play.

I think it's about time I learned from my mistakes.

LuckyTheWonderDog
09-30-2007, 04:45 AM
I was aimlessly browsing the net to pass time.

Sounds familiar. Working Sunday, fuck all to do. Boredom setting in early...

DR. NICK RIVIERA
09-30-2007, 06:27 AM
it's a shame Raekwon said he taught them

Konii blaze
09-30-2007, 06:31 AM
wack album for a wack group

Hollow Dartz
09-30-2007, 09:24 PM
I finally heard the album. I would like to say Ice Water was always kinda weak. The album has good beats and good guests except that 3 6 Mafia track and the Remy Ma. Ice Water needs lyrical training though. I will say this! If you were to play this album around your mainstream friends they wouldn't even complain. Alot of ya'll hatin cause it sounds mainstream ya'll don't want them to make money. They know ya'll not gonna buy it so they reaching out to diff masses.

Dough Snatcher
10-01-2007, 09:53 AM
That "Animal" track was hot and so was the ones he did with flipmode and three six mafia. Everything else was sorta just bland.

And the track where dude keeps saying "Shawty" in the inro was just annoying as hell.

Over all i give the album like a 4/10 seriously.

wutanghk
10-04-2007, 01:37 PM
RZA presents WU-TANG KILLA BEES

bearjames
10-08-2007, 03:34 PM
Popa Wu of coming out with the future chamber. What is that cover going to look like? If that cover looks like what Raekwon put out for icewater its a wrap for sure. Wait wait are they going to tey to come out on some mainstream too? It will definately be over.