PDA

View Full Version : Disappointing Gza NYC concert news

Art Vandelay
08-24-2007, 12:31 AM
Wu-Tang Clan stalwart the GZA will be teaming up with electronic experimentor Jamie Lidell in a benefit show for Open Space Alliance in New York on September 15th, 2007.

GZA is scheduled to perform Liquid Swords for the first time ever in NYC at McCarren Pool.

The event is the final installment of the Helio sponsored Pool Parties series.

Tickets are $ 19, with all proceeds going to benefit Open Space Alliance (http://www.openspacealliance.org/).

Sparrow Daene
08-24-2007, 12:49 AM
He just performed it at the Pitchfork festival.. in Chicago I think.

By the way, why is this disappointing news?

Art Vandelay
08-24-2007, 01:09 AM
He just performed it at the Pitchfork festival.. in Chicago I think.

By the way, why is this disappointing news?

Wu-Tang Clan stalwart the GZA will be teaming up with electronic experimentor Jamie Lidell

i took this as gza and this douche bag will be performing at the same time. is this guy just opening for him?

Rooty P
08-24-2007, 01:48 AM
They aren't perfoming together...they're each doing their own set. It's called having an "opener" at a concert, yo.

Jasperz
08-24-2007, 04:17 PM
plus, even if they were performing together, why is that disappointing? i mean i don't know who the guy is, but it certainly seems like you don't, either, so i don't get where you're coming from.

Rame
08-24-2007, 04:36 PM
He's not that bad.

fkqIsSTWSsc

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
08-24-2007, 04:50 PM
yeah He's not bad...I actually like it^

Guarded By Martyrs
08-24-2007, 07:17 PM
Yeah GZA should get him on a chorus on one of his future projects!!!!

One and Only
08-24-2007, 09:32 PM
Are you serious? Liquid Swords for the first time? I been wondering for awhile if GZA has ever performed Liquid Swords first song to last minus Bible unless he could bring Priest on stage that would be amazing.

underdog
08-25-2007, 12:55 AM
Are you serious? Liquid Swords for the first time? I been wondering for awhile if GZA has ever performed Liquid Swords first song to last minus Bible unless he could bring Priest on stage that would be amazing.

i saw him do it at the pitchfork festival here in chicago, with priest, too. the sound was shitty, the dj kept fucking up, and gza's just not that great of a live performer. that's the 2nd time i've seen him solo, and both times i was kinda bored. in fact, cappa was there, and he only did 2 or 3 verses, and i think he murdered the whole set.

THE W
08-25-2007, 10:54 AM
you didnt enjoy wu-tang doing songs with dave michaels affair(or something like that)?

Thanatologist
08-26-2007, 10:40 AM
you didnt enjoy wu-tang doing songs with dave michaels affair(or something like that)?

el michaels affair

miha
09-27-2007, 08:12 AM
good news for new york

link (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?p=907388#post907388)

The 13th Jewel
10-03-2007, 10:03 PM
i heard this was canceled for unknown reasons...?

junius
10-03-2007, 10:44 PM
reasons are STILL unknown, NO reason whatsoever was given, unless I missed something. really tho', if I were any of ya'll thinking of going to rescheduled dates, save yr $$$-- GZA is over as live performer, unless something changes radically with his energy level.

compare any GZA appearance to almost any Boot Camp Clik group or solo show & it's a fucking joke (tho' Priest can definitely bring it). GZA's still a great lyricist but...

what was it, the weed?

CEITEDMOFO
10-03-2007, 11:53 PM
yea its caNCLED BUT GZA WILL DO THE ENTIRE LIQUID SWORDZ IN DECEMBER 4TH

LuckyTheWonderDog
10-04-2007, 06:52 AM
compare any GZA appearance to almost any Boot Camp Clik group or solo show & it's a fucking joke (tho' Priest can definitely bring it). GZA's still a great lyricist but...

what was it, the weed?

Sadly, it could just be that he's basically a middle aged man now. Maybe he's lost his energy with age. The guy is 41 after all (and you don't hear from many 41 year old rappers).

junius
10-04-2007, 08:10 AM
Chuck D? KRS-One? LOTS of rock, soul, African, Indian etc etc musicans... If it's GZA's health, I don't want to criticize him but if it's just being lazy-- which we could say is a mental health problem for a performer-- then... it's a shame.

Unless ya'll are cool with seeing what's probably going to be a train wreck unless Priest does the whole thing... save yr $$$ for something else.

The fact that they gave no reason the first time makes me extra suspicious.

nick14
10-04-2007, 10:18 AM
Hey I'm not sure what GZA performance you are talking about (too lazy to go back and read this thread) ... But let me tell you all... Dude can still BRING IT ... and this is regarding this past June 5th show at Webster Hall in NYC (GZA & Meth) .... GZA did the first part of that show and he fuckin rocked it... He had Cappachino on stage with him for a couple songs ... But GZA performed a good portion of the Liquid Swords album and that shit ROCKed. ... no lie....

BUT... I can understand the opposite view-points.. When I saw the whole Wu last August, 2006 at Webster hall in NYC... GZA was way too laid back and went practically un-noticed... So I guess it depends...

Conclusion: GZA can still rock a show ... But he doesn't rock 100% of the time he's on stage ... I guess it depends..

Conclusion part II: December 13th and 14th at the Knitting Factory in NYC will be DOPE... Liquid Swords ... SSSUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Holla back

LuckyTheWonderDog
10-04-2007, 10:33 AM
Ywah, I've only seen GZA recently at the Wu show in London recently and he was cool but didn't drop as much as others. Before that, I've seen GZA about 4 times over the last 5 yuears or so and he's always been quality, with great command of the crowd.

TheLifeisHectic
10-04-2007, 06:47 PM
GZA put up his mic and left the stage like 5 minutes early at the Rock the Bells performance in miami.. True he didn't have any more verses but he left...