PDA

View Full Version : Islamic Rappers

Chrism70
08-24-2007, 08:03 AM
Asalaam Alikum

Blakstone, MPAC, Reef Ali, Soliders of Allah, Arab legion...................

Anyone want to share there fave Islamic rappers? Aand more importantly...............albums I can bump in my car?

The Hound
08-24-2007, 08:09 AM
remedy

Chrism70
08-24-2007, 08:13 AM
lol

I know about MuslimHipHop.com but is there any other sites?

Buzk
08-24-2007, 09:55 AM
Jus allah

Cee Oh Vee
08-24-2007, 12:16 PM
Jus allah

Allah is a rapper?! Say what!!??

mofo
08-24-2007, 12:21 PM
MC Serch.

LuckyTheWonderDog
08-24-2007, 12:25 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_H9qfAL0Ud4

Buzk
08-24-2007, 12:28 PM

haha you've been sleeping, check him out....violent by design would be a good start

Longbongcilvaringz
08-24-2007, 12:33 PM
nas , gza and rakim

are all islamic right?

my top 3 mc's probably.

LuckyTheWonderDog
08-24-2007, 12:35 PM
^^ Was wondering if he meant Islamic by choice or origin. As in born to an islamic family (from an Islamic country) or any rapper that has taken up Islam.

If he means taken up Islam, then Masta killa & RZA as well. Killah Priest as well I think.

CITY ZEEKER
08-24-2007, 03:45 PM
mc's who are muslim THAT DONT SAY THERE MUSLIM, BUT THEY FOLLOW IT ARE: freeway, brother ali, hasan salaam, mos def used to follow, but his views have faded away

alot of cats say yeah im muslim and i rap, but i also drink fuck bitches and i believe that the black man is god.. alot of cats mention islam in their music like: nas, gza, rza, jus allah etc.

Cee Oh Vee
08-24-2007, 03:48 PM
haha you've been sleeping, check him out....violent by design would be a good start

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_H9qfAL0Ud4

Is the guy a 5%er or something? Because someone who believes in Islam wouldn't call themself Allah. Period.

begongo
08-24-2007, 04:22 PM
allah is a beautiful name, why shouldn`t he?

11th Chamber
08-24-2007, 04:38 PM
Is the guy a 5%er or something? Because someone who believes in Islam wouldn't call themself Allah. Period.

alot of people that believe in Islam include Allah in there name. Its accually kinda common

Chrism70
08-24-2007, 04:39 PM
Asalaam Alikum

If you truly love Allah you would never take His name.

SaqurakiHanamichi
08-24-2007, 06:36 PM
nas , gza and rakim

are all islamic right?

my top 3 mc's probably.

5% not muslim

White_Mouse
08-24-2007, 06:38 PM
ok it's "JusAllah" from "JMT" right but outside of "5%" isnt' usign teh name of god blashemous for the NOI? i got into Islam probably a year ago, but i'm white (like "Brother Ali")

Wu-Tality
08-24-2007, 06:44 PM
I thought Nas was christian?

SaqurakiHanamichi
08-24-2007, 07:20 PM

he is...

Hayabusa
08-24-2007, 07:35 PM
One word that's all that needs to be said......K-Rino!!!

CITY ZEEKER
08-24-2007, 07:55 PM

yehh hes a Christian but he also relates himself to a Muslim, the dood has a tattoo of the cross, same story with PAC, he was christian but also was said to be half Muslim

Urban_Journalz
08-24-2007, 08:27 PM
Black Thought, Mos Def, Cilvaringz, Vinny Paz, Brother Ali, Charli 2na.

While some of the above do speak about things that Islam frowns upon, this would make them munafiqun, not kafir, because they still believe that La Illaha Illa Allah Muhammadon Rasulullah. Sal Allahu Alayhi WaSallam

I shake my head when I hear Vinny Paz talkin' about drinkin' beers and f**kin' the enemy's kin, but his faith may be stronger than mine. It's his practices that need to change.

Also, no one is supposed to take the Name of Allah. No one. A name is an attribute and Allah's Attributes can scarcely be understood by man. Let alone adopted by him.

Rooty P
08-24-2007, 09:03 PM
This thread has proven to me that most of ya'll know nothing about Islam. Do the knowledge! Most rappers who say they are Muslim doesn't mean they are, at all. True Muslims would never live like these snakes Vinnie Paz...that's some wack shit, for real. The Qur'an warns about these falsehoods.

Hayabusa
08-24-2007, 09:27 PM
i bet u can't say nothin bad about K-Rino...

Urban_Journalz
08-24-2007, 09:49 PM
This thread has proven to me that most of ya'll know nothing about Islam. Do the knowledge! Most rappers who say they are Muslim doesn't mean they are, at all. True Muslims would never live like these snakes Vinnie Paz...that's some wack shit, for real. The Qur'an warns about these falsehoods.

Like I said. To call somone a disbeliever simply because of a few sins, which you're probably guilty of yourself, is wrong and against Sha'ria Law. The one you're calling a kafir may have a deeper faith than you. The thing is, you don't know his heart, so you can't assume. That's for Allah to decide. YOU do the knowledge. A munafiq is someone who still has traits of ignorance and doens't try to change them. A kafir is one who doesn't believe at all.

While some of these emcees may talk about things that are harram, and that's between them and Allah. My point is, there are varying degrees of evil and I'd side with Vinny Paz on the battlefield sooner than I would someone like Bin Laden, because although Paz may do some things he's not supposed to do, he still knows that the greater sins, like killing a fellow Muslim, oneself and innocent people, are all 1 way tickets to Hell. The minor sins which he commits can be erased. He knows he's not perfect and doesn't front for a livin' ass because we can't answer for him or his deeds on the Last Day.

Longbongcilvaringz
08-25-2007, 02:50 AM
5% not muslim

whos 5%.... gza and nas arent....

isnt nation of islam part of islam anyway.

Cee Oh Vee
08-25-2007, 08:16 AM
allah is a beautiful name, why shouldn`t he?

alot of people that believe in Islam include Allah in there name. Its accually kinda common

@ begongo: Allah is the name of God, it's the Arabic term. That dude "Jus Allah" is not god.

@ 11th Chamber: Muslims don't have it in their name, as a name. They might have "Saif Allah" as their first name, which means "Sword of Allah", but they don't have something like "David Allah", or "Ahmed Allah", that's something 5%ers do.

5%ers don't believe in the religion of Islam. (That's what I've been told on this website!!)

To be a Muslim is to believe in Islam, hence 5%ers not being Muslim.

Cee Oh Vee
08-25-2007, 08:18 AM
whos 5%.... gza and nas arent....

isnt nation of islam part of islam anyway.

He said "5%" not "Nation of Islam", you have no knowledge. :)

Rooty P
08-25-2007, 04:19 PM
Like I said. To call somone a disbeliever simply because of a few sins, which you're probably guilty of yourself, is wrong and against Sha'ria Law. The one you're calling a kafir may have a deeper faith than you. The thing is, you don't know his heart, so you can't assume. That's for Allah to decide. YOU do the knowledge. A munafiq is someone who still has traits of ignorance and doens't try to change them. A kafir is one who doesn't believe at all.

While some of these emcees may talk about things that are harram, and that's between them and Allah. My point is, there are varying degrees of evil and I'd side with Vinny Paz on the battlefield sooner than I would someone like Bin Laden, because although Paz may do some things he's not supposed to do, he still knows that the greater sins, like killing a fellow Muslim, oneself and innocent people, are all 1 way tickets to Hell. The minor sins which he commits can be erased. He knows he's not perfect and doesn't front for a livin' ass because we can't answer for him or his deeds on the Last Day.

So no matter how many evils someone commits, you are willing to side with them as long as they say they're Muslim? What if they do less evil but aren't Muslim? Or the same evils and aren't Muslim? Then do you have the right to judge?

Big Risk
08-25-2007, 04:50 PM
jus allah is 5% not muslim.......

HANZO
08-25-2007, 06:13 PM
i heard chamillionaire was a muslim.

rappers became muslim cause they thought it was cool since mohammed ali did it. other than them saying they muslims theres nothing islamic about them.

Urban_Journalz
08-25-2007, 06:24 PM
So no matter how many evils someone commits, you are willing to side with them as long as they say they're Muslim? What if they do less evil but aren't Muslim? Or the same evils and aren't Muslim? Then do you have the right to judge?

Where did I say, "No matter how many evils they commit, I'm siding with them." Go back and read what I typed instead of trying to twist around what I said.

Those questions are null and void to the point and therefore have to be ignored.

What I said was, pay attention now, someone like Vinny Paz is still on his deen, though he may practice some things that Islam frowns upon, I can't call him a kafir because he may have more faith than I do. There's people that make all their prayers, know Qur'an and Sunnah cold and still are destined for Hell-Fire because they perform their deeds heartlessly as if it were a chore.

To say that no matter how many bad deeds they commit, I'll still side with 'em, would be saying that I'd take up with the likes of Bin Laden, Saddam and any other hypocrite you can name. Which further proves that either what I typed flew completely over your head, or you just chose to ignore it. Whatever the case may be, you couldn't be further from the truth. I know just from the way Paz speaks about Islam that he's as down for the Ummah as Cilvaringz is. Though Ringz practices his deen way better than Vinny Paz does, another obligation in Islam is to correct your brothers and sisters, provided you still see definite traits of belief in them. Not pull that holier than thou shit that the world is so fond of these days.

Some are better at fighting the whispers of Shaitan than others. Allah made it clear in a hadith that he loves all believers. The weak and the strong, but the strong ones He loves more.

So sue me if I'm not sittin' back waiting for a dead leaf to fall so I can talk about how dirty someone else's roof is, when mine isn't clean either.

As for "judgement", the only one that's trying to exercise that is you. I say trying because mankind is incapable of judgement in it's true meaning. What you're doing is making an assumption. A hypothesis. And guessing.

The decision as to who's the better Muslim is up to Allah Alone and I'm not gonna dabble in it thinkin' I know the unseen just because I've read a few things.

Urban_Journalz
08-25-2007, 06:26 PM

That's just comedy.:b

Cee Oh Vee
08-25-2007, 07:07 PM

rappers became muslim cause they thought it was cool since mohammed ali did it. other than them saying they muslims theres nothing islamic about them.

What's "Islamic" about you? That word doesn't exist in Islam. Sorry.

HANZO
08-25-2007, 07:15 PM
What's "Islamic" about you? That word doesn't exist in Islam. Sorry.

maybe it does and u dnt kno about it.

11th Chamber
08-25-2007, 11:26 PM
@ 11th Chamber: Muslims don't have it in their name, as a name. They might have "Saif Allah" as their first name, which means "Sword of Allah", but they don't have something like "David Allah", or "Ahmed Allah", that's something 5%ers do.

yea I was trippin. Meant 5%ers

Cee Oh Vee
08-26-2007, 07:01 AM
yea I was trippin. Meant 5%ers

S'all cool lol

Cee Oh Vee
08-26-2007, 07:04 AM
That's just comedy.:b

You know what? Akon says he's a frikken Muslim. He's a disgrace. The worst thing is, he ain't even a convert "non-islamic" (as HAN88 says) rapper. He was born a Muslim. *shakes head*

Urban_Journalz
08-26-2007, 12:28 PM
You know what? Akon says he's a frikken Muslim. He's a disgrace. The worst thing is, he ain't even a convert "non-islamic" (as HAN88 says) rapper. He was born a Muslim. *shakes head*

Akon?! Now that's just wild.

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) did say that the day would come that those who would be the worst at Islam were the ones who were born and raised with it. He's traded the Hereafter for the life of thw world and he's gonna be sorrier then he can imagine when it comes time to take that dirt-nap.:no:

Cee Oh Vee
08-26-2007, 01:59 PM
Akon?! Now that's just wild.

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) did say that the day would come that those who would be the worst at Islam were the ones who were born and raised with it. He's traded the Hereafter for the life of thw world and he's gonna be sorrier then he can imagine when it comes time to take that dirt-nap.:no:

* Nods. *

Dokuro
08-26-2007, 02:10 PM
O-marz

Prince Rai
08-26-2007, 02:15 PM
"ISLAM"ic rappers could include all, that is to say the 5%, NOI, Sunnis, Shia etc.
However it must be understood that "Muslim" rappers will not include rappers of 5% origins i.e. The Rza.

knoccout
08-26-2007, 10:44 PM

His brother is!! Dunno about him though.

knoccout
08-26-2007, 10:47 PM
The Great B.G Knocc Out is a convert to Islam. Ya might remember him fromthe 93 hit "Real Muthaphuckkin G's" With Eazy E. He was signed to Def Jam with him brother till 98 were he went to Prison and converted to Islam from there. He's a great singer and his lyrics have become deep since his release last year.

Cee Oh Vee
08-27-2007, 07:19 AM
"ISLAM"ic rappers could include all, that is to say the 5%, NOI, Sunnis, Shia etc.
However it must be understood that "Muslim" rappers will not include rappers of 5% origins i.e. The Rza.

That was established a while ago. You need to read the other pages.

begongo
08-27-2007, 07:40 AM
why the hell didn`t anyone mention Salah Edin? he was on the killa beez tour last year

Urban_Journalz
08-27-2007, 01:27 PM
why the hell didn`t anyone mention Salah Edin? he was on the killa beez tour last year

I didn't mention him because I've only just now heard of him due to Ringz' album. Since he didn't even spit a verse on there, it would qualify as frontin'. So, I have to get a couple of his albums to really say he's one of my favs. is all.

Hayabusa
08-27-2007, 05:51 PM
K-Rino= tha best. check any of his 9 albums out.especially his latest effort.

WeMadeIt
08-27-2007, 06:34 PM
Don't mix 5% up with Traditional Islam. It's an insult to both religions.

Urban_Journalz
08-28-2007, 02:39 PM
Don't mix 5% up with Traditional Islam. It's an insult to both religions.

The 5% Nation isn't a religion.

Hayabusa
08-28-2007, 04:53 PM
Religion=opium of the masses. Great marketing ploy to control the people for 1000s of years.

Urban_Journalz
08-29-2007, 12:24 PM
^^^Opinion. Not fact.

LuckyTheWonderDog
08-29-2007, 12:34 PM
A fairly well known 5%er would be Lord Jamar.

Cee Oh Vee
08-29-2007, 02:26 PM
A fairly well known 5%er would be Lord Jamar.

Seriously, have you not been reading the other pages? The guy wants to know about Muslim rappers.

LuckyTheWonderDog
08-30-2007, 03:35 AM
Seriously, have you not been reading the other pages? The guy wants to know about Muslim rappers.

Yeah, but other people were talking about 5%, so I threw it in. Didn't mean to hurt your feelings.

Cee Oh Vee
08-30-2007, 06:30 AM
Yeah, but other people were talking about 5%, so I threw it in. Didn't mean to hurt your feelings.

lol @ "hurt your feelings".