PDA

View Full Version : "Biscuits" by Ghostface Killah feat. Trife

luka
08-27-2007, 07:47 AM
I've got the "Biscuits" bug... Could anyone help me to understand its CHORUS correctly, please? What the whole song is about, actually? What do biscuits refer to? Apart from commonly known meaning (as a cookie,) I know a biscuit can also mean a sex-bomb (a very attractive girl) or piece of cake (something really easy.)

[Chorus: Ghostface Killah]
Yo, what up? Meet, these, O.G.'s, quote these and
Baller' shit, long biscuits
Fuck around, take all your shit
Call your bluff, y'all faggots don't want no beef
Grind your teeth, and just, roll with it, don't risk it
Fuck around, and be a statistic

PS: And what about INTRO? How to get it right, huh? Ghostface Killah says,
Yo... who the fuck brought me this chocolate shit, man?
I said a banana nutriment, man
Ya'll heard the fuck I said... I gave you.
I wrote it on the fuckin' paper, man
Ya'll muthafuckas always fuck around and forgettin' something and shit
Smart dumb niggaz and shit, runnin' around here and shit
Ya'll niggaz need to wisen up, man, yo..
Fuck that special ed, shit

Suga Duga
08-27-2007, 07:51 AM
biscuits = guns

luka
08-27-2007, 07:59 AM
biscuits = guns
Gee! I didn't know that!

DR. NICK RIVIERA
08-28-2007, 01:16 AM
th3n u don't watch a lot of movies with guns, do ya?

I love this track

beautifulrock
08-28-2007, 02:24 AM
OG = Original gangsta

beef = argument

grind your teeth = keep your mouth shut

be a statistic = another murder statistic

the intro refers to an assistant that brought him the wrong drink, ripping the people around him as idiots

luka
08-28-2007, 02:30 AM
th3n u don't watch a lot of movies with guns, do ya?

I love this track
Fo' shizzle, apparently I don't watch them enough! Seems I gotta make up for the lost time...

luka
08-28-2007, 02:45 AM
OG = Original gangsta

beef = argument

grind your teeth = keep your mouth shut

be a statistic = another murder statistic

the intro refers to an assistant that brought him the wrong drink, ripping the people around him as idiots
You're appreciated, dawg! Nevertheless one thing is still a mystery for me--Call your bluff (cf. chorus)

beautifulrock
08-28-2007, 03:15 AM
bluff, = poker term used to describe someone who is pretending to be stronger than they are, they are either weak or have nothing

call your bluff = he made a strong move and ghost stepped up to the challenge, didn't fold under the pressure

luka
08-28-2007, 03:39 AM
bluff, = poker term used to describe someone who is pretending to be stronger than they are, they are either weak or have nothing

call your bluff = he made a strong move and ghost stepped up to the challenge, didn't fold under the pressure
Gee! You're invaluable! Many thanks!

elantratuner
08-28-2007, 01:10 PM
AHAh are you serious how old is this kid like ten?, why do you listen to the song when you prolly dunno wtf anybodies saying?

Nick Fury
08-28-2007, 11:25 PM
dope track

luka
08-29-2007, 09:03 AM
dope track
Yes indeed, the track is dope! Fo' shizzle...

LuckyTheWonderDog
08-29-2007, 09:15 AM
One of the few tracks I really liked off that album.

Is it just me or did Tru Master flip the same sample he used for Fish?

luka
08-29-2007, 09:30 AM
AHAh are you serious how old is this kid like ten?, why do you listen to the song when you prolly dunno wtf anybodies saying?
Nah, I ain't no kid... Probably you're gonna get taken aback, but... I'm 26 now! I ain't no American (or even Canadian, as you are,) so believe me... sometimes it's really difficult for me to get a song the right way, nah'mean! I hail from Poland (Lublin, the largest city in Eastern Poland, is my home town.) I spent many many years in London (England) as well as the States... and even though I speak English (both British and American) fluently, this esoteric American hip-hop slang still amazes me and sometimes is all Greek to me! For real! You know what I'm saying, it ain't so easy for a Pole to be always up-to-date with it...

I bet you'd get into a state when you tried to translate a Polish hip-hop track, containing stacks of Polish hip-hop slang phrases! Got it? So it ain't like I don't understand anything, dawg! Just happens sometimes I don't dig some single words that seem to be crucial to get a song right! (E.g. ask a John Doe what "dead presidents" means, huh?)

Recapitulating, please forgive me my ignorance and inconvenience, but I think this forum is the right place to get some wisdom from ya'll... And hopefully we're even... However if I'm wrong and ya wanna diss me, I'll get out... so please lemme know if I'm some kinda "persona non grata" over hurr, a'ight? Holla @ me! Peace out for now! 1

luka
08-29-2007, 09:45 AM
One of the few tracks I really liked off that album.

Is it just me or did Tru Master flip the same sample he used for Fish?
You're right... I'm under the impression that True Master did use the same sample! Anyway, it ain't outta da question!

LuckyTheWonderDog
08-29-2007, 10:13 AM
You're right... I'm under the impression that True Master did use the same sample! Anyway, it ain't outta da question!

All good though, the two tracks still got a different vibe.

luka
08-29-2007, 10:21 AM
All good though, the two tracks still got a different vibe.
Exactly... it's all good! Both "Fish" and "Biscuits" are outstanding!

LuckyTheWonderDog
08-29-2007, 10:35 AM
^^ I like Biscuits, but I personally wouldn't put it in the same class as Fish.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
08-29-2007, 02:13 PM
Nah, I ain't no kid... Probably you're gonna get taken aback, but... I'm 26 now! I ain't no American (or even Canadian, as you are,) so believe me... sometimes it's really difficult for me to get a song the right way, nah'mean! I hail from Poland (Lublin, the largest city in Eastern Poland, is my home town.) I spent many many years in London (England) as well as the States... and even though I speak English (both British and American) fluently, this esoteric American hip-hop slang still amazes me and sometimes is all Greek to me! For real! You know what I'm saying, it ain't so easy for a Pole to be always up-to-date with it...

I bet you'd get into a state when you tried to translate a Polish hip-hop track, containing stacks of Polish hip-hop slang phrases! Got it? So it ain't like I don't understand anything, dawg! Just happens sometimes I don't dig some single words that seem to be crucial to get a song right! (E.g. ask a John Doe what "dead presidents" means, huh?)

Recapitulating, please forgive me my ignorance and inconvenience, but I think this forum is the right place to get some wisdom from ya'll... And hopefully we're even... However if I'm wrong and ya wanna diss me, I'll get out... so please lemme know if I'm some kinda "persona non grata" over hurr, a'ight? Holla @ me! Peace out for now! 1

welcome to the corp. we will teach u english (and ask Heat about blowjobs, I heard he is the master of that craft)

LuckyTheWonderDog
08-30-2007, 03:27 AM
^^ To be fair, he speaks better English than most of the people on here from English speaking countries.

luka
08-30-2007, 05:30 AM
welcome to the corp. we will teach u english (and ask Heat about blowjobs, I heard he is the master of that craft)
Gosh! You'll teach me English? Do I need it? What a sarcasm! Ya gotta be kiddin', mate! Can't I really speak English properly? Do you really think like that? Thus what shall I say about'chu, huh? As I guess, you yourself are not a native of any English-speaking country... so please don't consider yourself tha man! Nobody's perfect! As for your cutting taunts and the rest a your mockeries, I'ma pass 'em over in silence...

PS: I give props for ya recognition, Spinx!

DR. NICK RIVIERA
08-30-2007, 08:58 AM
sorry, I meant something completly different, I meant slang.... hope ya ain't too mad

luka
08-30-2007, 10:41 AM
sorry, I meant something completly different, I meant slang.... hope ya ain't too mad
Not a problem, wera! But I had to put you in your place 'cause I wasn't sure you meant no harm! I was convinced you shoulda written "slang," but... we all make mistakes! Naaaaaaaah... I ain't too mad at'chu! It's hard to make me lose my temper! Peace...