PDA

View Full Version : 50 mentions Wu

the blazed sage
08-28-2007, 10:04 AM
Part 3 of 3 of the interview, around 6 min mark:http://videos.onsmash.com/v/wKNnNq9GEdm34V1l

Nothing groundbreaking, says he'd rather buy an LL Cool J record than a Wu one...

RagnaroK
08-28-2007, 10:32 AM
thou i do not respect anything this man says he is right about the LL stuff staying popular all this years, having 13 albums and having more chance to sell then wu(thou it kind of hurt that people don't care about wu anymore they look at them like they are old and play out with all the skill and knowledge they have)

how old is this?
what he says at 7:23 "im a wu tang fan don fuck me up around that" or "i ain't a wu tang fan"

Lyrical Scoundrels
08-28-2007, 10:45 AM
He was sayin that he's a wu tang fan don't get it twisted basically...he wasn't really dissin the Wu....just sayin LL sellin 13 or so albums and always has a large crowd believing and stuff not givin up on the dude. But I think what 50 doesn't realize is that the Wu is a group....LL is a solo artist. Plus the styles are completely different...LL is on that commercial industry level....Wu Tang is on that Underground Indie style. So of course LL will have a bigger crowd...and I garentee 90% of them are 13 year olds and shit cause of dudes 'looks'...cause thats how all products in the Mainstream are sold...through image.

Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition
08-28-2007, 10:46 AM
50's ghey..

Dr Sleepwalker
08-28-2007, 11:03 AM
50 and LL are a match made in heaven...

always worryin' bout muscle size instead of music skillz..

pea2e

RagnaroK
08-28-2007, 11:12 AM
...he wasn't really dissin the Wu....

nobody is saying he was dissin

out off topic why is underground call indie culture what does that signify

Krimewave
08-28-2007, 11:37 AM
fuck 50 cent

tragedykhadafi12
08-28-2007, 11:43 AM
50 talks way too much shit. I can tolerate it when its rappers i dont like but not the wu.

Jammin
08-28-2007, 11:57 AM
fuck 50 cent

the guy just said he used to like wu and yall like fuck 50? lol

Tecknowledgist
08-28-2007, 11:59 AM
Who cares how many fans LL has.

"99% of his fans wear high heels."

Paranoid
08-28-2007, 12:16 PM
50 cent's opinion on anything really doesn't matter to me at all...

NoSleep
08-28-2007, 12:24 PM
50 always based succes on sales. Thats cool. But to me its about the art. 50 is not an artist, hes a product.

Also, hes forgetting that WU chose to be less commercial. So i do think hes dissing them. He knows wu tang is not making major sales anymore..so why the fuck mention it and bringin wu up?!?! He could have bring up other big names that wanted commercial succes but failed. Theres no fuckin comparing them! Fuck 50 cent and fuck him claiming to be a wu fan.

Paranoid
08-28-2007, 12:45 PM
sales dont mean shit...

Jammin
08-28-2007, 12:46 PM
50 always based succes on sales. Thats cool. But to me its about the art. 50 is not an artist, hes a product.

Also, hes forgetting that WU chose to be less commercial. So i do think hes dissing them. He knows wu tang is not making major sales anymore..so why the fuck mention it and bringin wu up?!?! He could have bring up other big names that wanted commercial succes but failed. Theres no fuckin comparing them! Fuck 50 cent and fuck him claiming to be a wu fan.

why wu-tang? check their history, that's the best example

NY_Mami
08-28-2007, 12:53 PM
50 still tryna find somebody to beef wit'........ sad.....

Longbongcilvaringz
08-28-2007, 01:24 PM
lol, LL.

RagnaroK
08-28-2007, 01:47 PM
why do people specially wu fans misunderstand a simple opinion and everything

they are quick to jump and post "fuck ______"(anybody that mentions wu that day)

am i the only one that is surprise the he even say he is a wu fan or rather i say that he admist it?
cus i always new he was a fan but never heard him saying it

Rame
08-28-2007, 01:51 PM
LL has weak tracks but who doesn't? He's a very talented rapper. Top 25.

50 probably says this because he's working on LL's next album.

Bis Fan
08-28-2007, 01:55 PM
I just read Madonna may be on his new album :lmao:

Rame
08-28-2007, 02:00 PM
He says LL has a better chance than anybody from that era right now.

Also he says he'd like a LL record better than some of the Wu members albums, what's wrong with that?

Prolifical ENG
08-28-2007, 03:01 PM
It doesn't matter....we all know 50 bought 36 Chambers when he was a teen back in '93....as well as all those other commercial rappers these days.

Why hate the same people that grew up and enjoyed the same albums that you like?

NY_Mami
08-28-2007, 03:49 PM
It doesn't matter....we all know 50 bought 36 Chambers when he was a teen back in '93....as well as all those other commercial rappers these days.

Why hate the same people that grew up and enjoyed the same albums that you like?

Smartest post yet......

HarlemDiplomat
08-28-2007, 03:56 PM
50 and LL are a match made in heaven...

always worryin' bout muscle size instead of music skillz..

pea2e
LMAO!!!! But it is very true, LL has slipped over the years.

fuck 50 cent
co-sign
Who cares how many fans LL has.

"99% of his fans wear high heels."
co-sign
50 cent's opinion on anything really doesn't matter to me at all...
co-sign

co-sign

I just read Madonna may be on his new album :lmao:

Yeah I did too... guess hes aiming to be the most commercial rapper of all time... congrats to him, he'll be like the MC Hammer of now in the future.

Cesar
08-28-2007, 07:36 PM
50 talks way too much shit. I can tolerate it when its rappers i dont like but not the wu.

He wasent dissing Wu-tang, he said he was a Wu-tang Fan. He was just basically saying that LL Cool J has a better or "EQUAL" chance of selling as SOME of the Wu-tang members, he wasent talking about the whole group. Also that he would rather hear another album from LL than SOME of the Wu-tangs members, which is quite frankly true, some of Wu members needs to step their game up. Its okay if they dont want to go commercial but atleast put out a decent album and I agree with 50 on that.

oDoUoSoKo
08-28-2007, 07:45 PM
thank you cesar for once again defending someone who doesnt need defending....50 cent is in no position to talk...because hes making money...but his albums are NOT fuckin with wu albums...and this is not a hater remark nor a dickrider remark, but i dont see the genius in his albums that can speak ill about a wu tang album (or solo for that matter) and LL? he hasnt put out a good album in ATLEAST ten years...plenty of time for wu to catch up.

Krimewave
08-28-2007, 10:32 PM

word, that sreal talk right there....

fuck 50 cent

Krimewave
08-28-2007, 10:33 PM

word

oDoUoSoKo
08-28-2007, 10:44 PM
Racism is wrong

peter: cheese is yellow most of the time

Chuck: racism is wrong and should be ejected from everyones minds if we plan to succeed as a spiecies.

gary: cheese is yellow most of the time

word son.

tical2000
08-29-2007, 02:49 AM
50 CENT is a fag......the people have turned on him too

11th Chamber
08-29-2007, 04:52 AM

that said it perfectly

Redfist
08-29-2007, 09:23 AM
http://videos.onsmash.com/v/wKNnNq9GEdm34V1l

duotone
08-29-2007, 09:30 AM
i hate this motherfucker...
he thinks he is sick but he is just a lil blingbling rapper for the disco babys

NoSleep
08-29-2007, 09:32 AM
word, but theres already another topic about this. w/e though. 50 is a stupid fuck.

WUHEADSINCE93
08-29-2007, 09:53 AM
as much as I dislike 50, he is right L L fan base is 99% female.he will sell more

duotone
08-29-2007, 09:53 AM
ej, sorry im german... and he speaks so bad... i dont understand every word... he sounds like he has cotton in his moth...
can you write down what he is talkin about???

the thing at minute 7:20:
"i'm no wu tang fan... fucked up and so on..."
can u please write down?

thanks

duotone
08-29-2007, 09:56 AM
i dont think that he sells more than wu... cause wu is the saga and the community of the wu is world wide... here in germany are some crazy headz like me they just love them dudes.... and the new wu joint will be a new revolution in rapgame... i expect

FUCK FAME A SHOOT A HOLE IN A 50 cent PEACE TO TEST MY AIM

-IrOnBuLL-
08-29-2007, 10:06 AM
i dont really care wat 50 be sayin anymore
bcuz thatz all he do. talk alotta trash to get attention.
he bought some wutang cdz when he waz lil. we all buy wu
cdz. im jus sayin that 50 iz jus sayin some shit that would piss
most of the wu fanz off n most of yall jus jumped in his trap already.

Meph
08-29-2007, 10:26 AM
ej, sorry im german... and he speaks so bad... i dont understand every word... he sounds like he has cotton in his moth...
can you write down what he is talkin about???

the thing at minute 7:20:
"i'm no wu tang fan... fucked up and so on..."
can u please write down?

thanks

He says:

"and I'm a Wu-tang fan...I been listening to them from day one, don't get me fucked up on that.....but I'd rather hear a new LL album than some of the Wu members right now..."

Amazingly he isn't hating, just being realistic.

Wu-Disciple
08-29-2007, 10:29 AM
I don't see anywrong in what he said.

he said LL might sell more than or the same as the wu

he said he's a wu fan and that he's been listening to them since the beginning.

oDoUoSoKo
08-29-2007, 10:34 AM

me and charles manson both love the White Album...is he immune to critiscism?{:(

morgan
08-29-2007, 02:46 PM
I don't see anywrong in what he said.

he said LL might sell more than or the same as the wu

he said he's a wu fan and that he's been listening to them since the beginning.

Same here mate.

He's got interesting opinions on situations, i think he gives a good interview.

CharlesJones
08-29-2007, 04:50 PM
Nobody cares about 50 Cent's opinion about Wu Tang. Wu Tang fans don't give a shit what he has to say about them. LL Cool J has been making gay music for awhile so nobody cares that 50 would rather listen to him than Wu Tang. 50 likes gay music because his music is gay LOL. I wish LL would make hardcore music again but i know that'll never happen.

Tetsuo
08-29-2007, 07:02 PM
I think LL Cool J still sells because he's just that generic.

CharlesJones
08-29-2007, 07:36 PM
What do you mean LL's music is generic? His music only appeals to the ladies. I don't know why he stopped making hardcore music for the fellas. His music used to appeal to men too but he stopped making them hardcore songs which is making him look soft now because he only is doing female songs.

V4D3R
08-29-2007, 07:43 PM
What do you mean LL's music is generic? His music only appeals to the ladies. I don't know why he stopped making hardcore music for the fellas. His music used to appeal to men too but he stopped making them hardcore songs which is making him look soft now because he only is doing female songs.
his name is L.L. - Ladies Love Cool James.
He got his "Radio" he blinged up in 88 jacked in Bed-Stuy bar by real niggas.
LL was always on that 50 style.
Now 50 on his tip tryna be what he was - actually he doing a better job.

CharlesJones
08-29-2007, 07:46 PM
LL got robbed at a bar in Bed Stuy, New York in 1988? I haven't liked LL since The GOAT album.

WallyG
08-29-2007, 11:45 PM
In an exclusive video on the site www.onsmash.com

3 Part video. But in the 3rd part (i'd say 6 minutes in) he talked about how he's working with LL Cool J and mentions how he would sell more than any wu-tang member would. He ain't dissing wu, but he stating a point on selling records in todays music industry.

Check it out yourself

EAGLE EYE
08-29-2007, 11:46 PM
beware?

Hollow Dartz
08-29-2007, 11:48 PM
......so what's your point?

WuBizzie
08-29-2007, 11:53 PM
ohhhhh, boy, here we go again wit' this sh!t. Beware? Listen, I caught this interview a few days back. Ain't no Wu bashing in it. Just 50 callin' a spade a spade. He also mentions that he is a fan of Wu. All ya'll nerds please try to resist the temptation of showing off your nerd tendencies by posting dumb, nerd sh!t like "faggy-cents" or "gay-unit".

WallyG
08-29-2007, 11:55 PM
I put beware cuz i just wanna c the reaction to what ppl on this forum would say after watching that part of the video. Buddy of mine told me about it so i just checked it out. Plus 50 Cent got an album comin out in 2 weeks, he's gonna be just as talked about as Kanye will.

HarlemDiplomat
08-29-2007, 11:57 PM
Yeah but LL hasn't been selling no records lately thats the worst part about the Curtis Jackson analysis.

LL and 50 are two muscle heads who are concerned about their female fans buying their albums more than making quality universally accepted music.

EAGLE EYE
08-29-2007, 11:58 PM
thats right nerds
http://www.rickey.org/blog/images/2006/11/beauty-and-the-geek-02-2006-11-29-thumb.jpg

SaqurakiHanamichi
08-29-2007, 11:58 PM
man so what.

TGambino
08-30-2007, 02:03 AM
nigga everybody talks about wu, they are hip hop celebrities, get used 2 it....

and ontop of that 50 isnt saying anything other than calling a spade a spade.... i think only Eminem sells more records than 50

Wu makes music directed towards a certain fan base, 50 hits multiple fan bases... both of them make conscious decisions to do that... its nothing new

HarlemDiplomat
08-30-2007, 02:04 AM
nigga everybody talks about wu, they are hip hop celebrities, get used 2 it....

and ontop of that 50 isnt saying anything other than calling a spade a spade.... i think only Eminem sells more records than 50

Wu makes music directed towards a certain fan base, 50 hits multiple fan bases... both of them make conscious decisions to do that... its nothing new

So does 50 hit your fan base?

TGambino
08-30-2007, 02:09 AM
So does 50 hit your fan base?
depends on the song.... "Many Men" or "I Get Money" does... "Candy Shop" or "Amusement Park" doesn't.... jus keepin it real

TGambino
08-30-2007, 03:12 AM
damn ur thread all fucked up, here's the quote:

"wu tang... LL has a good chance at selling more CD's than Wu Tang members right now, or an equal chance, and they came out later than LL............and im a wu tang fan dont get me fucked up on that, i been listening to them from day one... but im saying in the position he's in there's members of wu tang i'd rather hear a new LL album from than them right now"

11th Chamber
08-30-2007, 03:34 AM
so anytime someone mention Wu, we should immediatly start threads, and randomly bash the person? Sounds fun

Big Risk
08-30-2007, 03:50 AM
much rather hear an new LL than Wu? LMFAO

LORD ZERO
08-30-2007, 03:53 AM
Lol I Mean Seriously, Who Gives 2 Shits W/ Pissy Cent Has To Say..........

full_clip
08-30-2007, 03:54 AM
so anytime someone mention Wu, we should immediatly start threads, and randomly bash the person? Sounds fun

this was the best reply in this whole unnecessary thread..! :clap:

THE W
08-30-2007, 08:11 AM
that's super

deeznutz1981
08-30-2007, 08:18 AM
its no big deal at all. 50 does sell crazy records like on the level of michael jackson.

however,

OB4CL > GRODT
Tical > Thoughts of a Predicate Felon
Liquid Swords > Hunger for More
Supreme Clientele > Straight Outta Cashville

I could care less about sales for me its about the music.

also:

Enter the 36 Chambers >>>>>> (insert 5 G-unit albums here)

duotone
08-30-2007, 09:55 AM
He says:

"and I'm a Wu-tang fan...I been listening to them from day one, don't get me fucked up on that.....but I'd rather hear a new LL album than some of the Wu members right now..."

Amazingly he isn't hating, just being realistic.

thanx a lot... now i know what he is talkin about...

he said he is a wu tang fan... but why did he diss them on his track "How to rob" ???
he is a fame controlled stupid fuck who doesn't really know what he is talking...

50cent is in my opinion a bit like a "one hit wonder".... he will sell drugs on the streetcorners again in 10 years...

and maybe he rather listn to a ll cd cause he doesn't understand the lyrics of wu.... its to intellectual...

J.T.S.
08-30-2007, 10:54 AM
the guys a homo why ya'll think he sweats Wu so much!!

wc_80
08-30-2007, 08:42 PM
he says he is a wutang fan since day one. it doesnt seem like he means that ll cool j could sell more than wutang, he is talking about wutang members as solo artists.
and if he prefers to buy an album of ll instead of a solo wutang member why does everybody in this site start hating the man for that???? some of you are gay as hell

duotone
08-31-2007, 03:01 PM
i dont hate him cause this interview... i hate him cause "how to rob".... and cause he is a studi rapper... juste a fake... no quality on the mic but he thinks he is ill as fuck....

look at that page

http://www.eminemweb.com/board/showthread.php?t=18372&page=13&highlight=WU+Tang

11th Chamber
08-31-2007, 03:07 PM
its no big deal at all. 50 does sell crazy records like on the level of michael jackson.

however,

OB4CL > GRODT
Tical > Thoughts of a Predicate Felon
Liquid Swords > Hunger for More
Supreme Clientele > Straight Outta Cashville

now thats just a stupid comparison. GRODT, Hunger For More and Straight Outta Cashville are all nice albums(still havent heard Yayo's album, never plan on it...).

Get Rich is better than Tical, so that could have been a comparison

Almost ALL hip-hop albums stand no chance when compared to OB4CL, LS and SC.

duotone
08-31-2007, 05:35 PM
get rich or die trying better than tical????

whattt????

tical is an all time classic....

dont know how to compare with that get bitch or die crying shit....

u dont get my word for your opinion...

oDoUoSoKo
08-31-2007, 06:52 PM
eloels...its not a question of whos album is better...cuz either way...hes just supporting his peer by plugging his shit in an interview. hes a puppet.

RagnaroK
09-01-2007, 09:06 AM
lol i was looking through that site and found this respond

^How many No.1(Means the peeps love 'em) albums have Wu-Tang come out wit?

In response to that the best thing I can think of is an Immortal technique line
"if you go platinum, it's got nothing to do with luck
it just means that a million people are stupid as fuck"

wow thats a very impressive line by immortal technique got me intrigue about hes music i only have heard hes name around but never heard a track

Cesar
09-01-2007, 11:19 AM
thank you cesar for once again defending someone who doesnt need defending....50 cent is in no position to talk...because hes making money...but his albums are NOT fuckin with wu albums...and this is not a hater remark nor a dickrider remark, but i dont see the genius in his albums that can speak ill about a wu tang album (or solo for that matter) and LL? he hasnt put out a good album in ATLEAST ten years...plenty of time for wu to catch up.

You cant be serious, most of the wu solo albums dropped from 2003 to til 2005 are not fucking with GTODT or The Massacre Quality wise, 50 just has his opinion just like you have your's! and I have mines, and he didnt mean no harm when he said that he thinks that LL could sell as much as some WU MEMBERS! that sounded to me like 50 was giving compliments to ceartain Wu members.

Now dont get me wrong, I will always be a bigger fan of Wu-tang than G Unit, and I been listening to Wu since 1995 but a nigga has to face reality, Wu aint making that much good quality music these past couple of years for the exception of some Wu members. Hopefully 8th Diagram and OLBFCL 2 could make me think otherwise!

Unseen
09-01-2007, 11:23 AM
50 speaks the truth in that video, gay obsessed 'Wu-heads' just can't accept that

oDoUoSoKo
09-01-2007, 11:39 AM
check ya avatar wanker anchor.....and yes it is opinion, im not bashing 50 for stating his. i rather buy a hannah montana album than a 50 cent one...theres mine.

Cesar
09-01-2007, 11:43 AM
Yeah but nobody cares what you want to buy, this is about 50 not about you. And you contradicted yourself here buddy, you were just bashin 50 as usual.

oDoUoSoKo
09-01-2007, 11:44 AM
it doesnt mave to be about me. and how am i bashing 50 by saying what i said...is he bashing wu? hmmmmm

Cesar
09-01-2007, 11:54 AM
Nah he wasent bashin Wu, he said he was a fan of them. He just said that LL MIGHT sell more or AS MUCH as some Wu Member do, he aint sayin nuttin disrespectful about Wu.

I think you just mad at him cause of "How To Rob" comon now let it go, that was almost a decade ago, Wu let it go so why can't you?

oDoUoSoKo
09-01-2007, 12:00 PM
because ur an imbecile....thats not even a thousanth of the reason why i dislike 50 cent...i think people like YOU are mad at people who have opinions..i dont like 50 because i dont like his music...but thats too hard for u to get huh? your like his secretary...get off his dick....Game let go so why can't you?

Cesar
09-01-2007, 12:04 PM
You're are the one thats getting overworked here bcause of 50's opinion buddy not me, its ok Dusk, its OK!

This has been enough entertainment for me today, im out to get my cut, keep bashin 50 as usual!

oDoUoSoKo
09-01-2007, 12:06 PM
keep gettin bashed by cubans in miami fuck face.

oDoUoSoKo
09-01-2007, 12:07 PM
and go back to all my posts, where am i overworked? u certainly livin wit ya moms motherfucker.

Cesar
09-01-2007, 12:09 PM
I been living on my own since I was 19, i got's to go now!

BTW why you stilll mad??? I think you hate me don't you?

Peace

oDoUoSoKo
09-01-2007, 12:19 PM
you not worth my hate weezer.

duotone
09-06-2007, 08:17 AM
You cant be serious, most of the wu solo albums dropped from 2003 to til 2005 are not fucking with GTODT or The Massacre Quality wise, 50 just has his opinion just like you have your's! and I have mines, and he didnt mean no harm when he said that he thinks that LL could sell as much as some WU MEMBERS! that sounded to me like 50 was giving compliments to ceartain Wu members.

Now dont get me wrong, I will always be a bigger fan of Wu-tang than G Unit, and I been listening to Wu since 1995 but a nigga has to face reality, Wu aint making that much good quality music these past couple of years for the exception of some Wu members. Hopefully 8th Diagram and OLBFCL 2 could make me think otherwise!

no quality in the last few years????

be serious....
Made in brooklyn
no said date
fishscale
afro samurai OST
hell razahs rennesaince child
wisemen approaching
the offering
cilvaringz
holocaust
wu tang meets the indie culture
black market militia

these albums came within the last 2 years....
they all are ill.... one of the best joints in rapgame for 2 years.

i can't understand your opinion....

peace

Durag
09-06-2007, 08:39 AM
no quality in the last few years????

be serious....
Made in brooklyn
no said date
fishscale
afro samurai OST
hell razahs rennesaince child
wisemen approaching
the offering
cilvaringz
holocaust
wu tang meets the indie culture
black market militia

these albums came within the last 2 years....
they all are ill.... one of the best joints in rapgame for 2 years.

i can't understand your opinion....

peace

He said between 2003 and 2005. A lot of thoses have been released after

J.T.S.
09-06-2007, 03:31 PM
Fifty really need his ass whipped for real, but he's running with cops, and 100 security guards so that shit won't happen!

Fat Joe: I feel real safe in here tonight, police protection courtesy of G-unit!
When he said that at the A.M.A. last year i fell to the floor laughing!