PDA

View Full Version : El Abayarde Contra-ataca-Tego Calderon

oDoUoSoKo
08-28-2007, 10:05 PM
who hear is into tego? (yes i consider him hip hop to the damn core) i think hes dope...and he got an album out today...his last album was great..touched alot of great genres nicely....anyone hear his new shit..(or even his old shit...)

Sleep Sinatra
08-28-2007, 10:11 PM
sounds dope, but i cant understand a GOT DAMM than gth eman's sayin lol

oDoUoSoKo
08-28-2007, 10:12 PM
cant find a pic of the album but its out today

oDoUoSoKo
08-28-2007, 10:17 PM
trust he is spittin some dopeness

FatherSl!me
08-28-2007, 10:43 PM
ill be snatchin this up this week. ill give some feedback then.

oDoUoSoKo
08-28-2007, 10:46 PM
no doubt...forgot u was PR.

Nick Fury
08-28-2007, 11:08 PM
not my steez but he comes out with good joints , reggaeton just ruins it

and in terms of being hip hop hes closer than most of the reggaetontos who shouldnt even be considered rappers , but you cant be hh if you support what kills it

FatherSl!me
08-29-2007, 12:08 AM
yeah i hate when he be on that reggaeton shit. but when he does do the hip hop tracks they come out ill. like that joint with don omar. i read an interview with him saying how he regreted doing his last album with the label he was (or is) on. he said something along the lines of how they were pushin him to do his whole lp reggaeton & he didnt even wanna go that route. i guess we'll see if that changes with this 1

Nick Fury
08-29-2007, 01:04 AM
yeah i hate when he be on that reggaeton shit. but when he does do the hip hop tracks they come out ill. like that joint with don omar. i read an interview with him saying how he regreted doing his last album with the label he was (or is) on. he said something along the lines of how they were pushin him to do his whole lp reggaeton & he didnt even wanna go that route. i guess we'll see if that changes with this 1

yea thats how those labels are they only want thier artists yo roll with the trends , they know real hip hop doesnt make the sales they want so they shit on it , unless its some hyphy club song , a diss track , or some corny romantic song witha wack beat

oDoUoSoKo
08-29-2007, 05:49 PM
i think tego deserves more credit than alot of spanish rappers and certainly more than ANY reggaeton artist....this album is maad cool good strong carribean(sp?...eloels) feel to it...and strong lyrics..BUY THIS ALBUM even if u dont like reggaeton...(which i do not) my thing is i dont respect reggaeton as a genre but more of a remix, shitty version of hip hop and reggae...but i think tego always has his twists to shit...like los mate was a passable reg. song, but the sample and concept are dopeness...this album has soo much flavor that even the "reggaeton" songs are so infused with hip hop and afro-cuban rhythms that they dont even sound reggaeton no more...dont buy this because its hip hop, buy it because its strong spanish music.

oDoUoSoKo
08-29-2007, 05:51 PM
its a bit better than his last...and i thought his last was his strongest.

MaXiMus Da MaNtis
08-29-2007, 09:09 PM

word to that

TAURO
08-29-2007, 09:13 PM
I thought his last album was lame, Tego is ok but his voice gets annoying after a while.

FatherSl!me
08-30-2007, 12:47 AM
i just previewed it on i tunes. i think dusk summed it up real nice. gotta agree with it for the most part. LOL @ the remix statement. there is a few reggaeton tracks but for the most part he did somethin different with it. correct me if im wrong but it sounds like he did alot of his tracks with live musicians. im honestly debatin to cop it or buy a few tracks off i tunes. oh yeah, & "por mi madre" is fukin sick.