PDA

View Full Version : Rd 1. Famicom vs. Wu Gambino (Vote Here)

Complex
09-03-2007, 02:11 PM
Contestants;

Famicom- http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=676715&songID=5734664
Wu Gambino- http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=676715&songID=5727788

Rules;

No Voting for yourself
No Dickriding

Voting will end Sept 14

(poll & sticky coming soon)

GameOfDeath
09-03-2007, 11:13 PM
I don't know how you do it Fam, taking Jungle Book and making it bang, got a sinister vibe about it. Adlibs are cool too. Mix is low though not feelin that but the changes and the progression is fire.

Gambino this is smooth as glass. Ill panning not feeling the change really the main loop is silk. Nah man, what are you doing with the changes at the end if you were going to make something harder or darker out of it I think you should've just done that in the first place. For this to work I think it would've needed more to really put that atmosphere in there.

I got Fam takin this.

MF Herbs
09-03-2007, 11:17 PM
Vote Fami... Raise of the 404s.. Gambino was fresh tho..

Complex
09-04-2007, 12:57 AM
Voted Famicom.. joint was crazy, bonus points for makin Jungle Book grimey lol... ill beat
Gambino joint was smooth too... nice round yall..

WuGambino
09-04-2007, 06:18 AM
Appreciate the feed guys. Famicom that beat was bangin.

Shitao
09-04-2007, 09:18 AM
Fam beat is really interesting. The hard drums, the crippy atmo, these dirty samples... Really original. But IMO the mixing could be really better. Sample fault I supose. Hard to work with these old old movies lol.

Wu gambino beat is solid too. But not really feeling this snare and these breaks cuts.

So fam got my vote.

INF
09-05-2007, 04:42 AM
I actually am gonna vote WG on this. I like the jazzyness of the beat. On some cool shit. The change is what was tight to me.

Famicom's beat was just down right ridiculous. What a concept...

Hellspawn
09-05-2007, 06:15 AM
my vote goes to Wu-Gambino, both beats are sick.

LORD ZERO
09-06-2007, 06:03 PM
www.fami.com/getsmyvote (http://www.fami.com/getsmyvote) lol i like da smooth sounds in WG'S joint tho, but fami came w/ da sp blade and that was da end of it lol

Grimey Fruitbat
09-07-2007, 03:42 PM
and yet again, i wonder what the fuck type shit y'all wutangcorp mo'fuckas be listenin to...i do not intend to offend, but i wasn't feelin that famicom shit AT ALL...drums had no bottom, sample was OK at best...great it was from jungle book, whoopty doo...

Wu Gambino wins this EASILY...good jazzy sample, good drums...nuff said...

MF Herbs
09-08-2007, 12:43 PM
Vote Fami... Raise of the 404s.. Gambino was fresh tho..

and yet again, i wonder what the fuck type shit y'all wutangcorp mo'fuckas be listenin to...i do not intend to offend, but i wasn't feelin that famicom shit AT ALL...drums had no bottom, sample was OK at best...great it was from jungle book, whoopty doo...

^^^ Grimeys dat dude LOL! But yea man.. I feel ya.. It was close to me...

LORD_BEATJITZU
09-18-2007, 01:27 AM

I feel where you comin from,but sometimes drums dont have to be havin heavy bottom and all that knockin shit!The 404 is all about a vibe and grimyness,and alot of cats that had one in ther hand would not know what to do with it!thats why i vote for famicon!
the other joint was to smooth for my likin!