PDA

View Full Version : JAY-Z President at DEF JAM???? still not that great

tical2000
07-30-2005, 04:53 PM
A couple months ago I posted a thread saying how I thought JAY-Z really has not done that much as PRESIDENT of DEF JAM........like albums from the likes of MEMPHIS BLEEK, YOUNG GUNZ, and the signing of FOXY BROWN???? just seemed lame to me.......while dudes like REDMAN and ODB have been sitting on the bench for like 2 years.......

......some people agreed with me some did not

Today I just watched tv and saw JAY-Z has signed two pop singers TINA MARIA and some other no talent chick???? Signed to DEF JAM records, the famous 'rap" label??? Like I dont remember DEF JAM really ever having BRITNEY SPEARS style pop singers????...............I think that this is gay......DEF JAM is a hip hop label!

Are you telling me that JAY-Z cannot go out and sign some dope rapper???......I almost feel that labels dont even want to hear talented rappers, they just want disposable cats that do pop songs.........

I was toked for JAY taking over DEF JAM....but it seems even worse since he took over

R3beLuTionAry
07-30-2005, 05:13 PM
its stupid. he signed those no talented bitches because POP sells. he coulve signed 2 MC's witht REAL lyrics instead, while also giving his label a good rep like in the good ol' days. We all know that a REAL RAP can sell just as much as POP crap but he doesnt care. He goes and signs stupid pop bitches and fags. Maybe these major labels really do like pop, even Jay-z. Im glad to see that Kanye West didnt change much since going on MTV. He actually got better. Just look at his work with Common. As for Jay-Z, he's a businessman with brains for making money, but he's an idiot when it comes to recognizing good music... oh and he lost a battle to the GZA and tried to say he won.

Bone Collecta
07-30-2005, 05:32 PM
lol idiot the "no talent chick" you talkin about has the #2 spot for a single on the billboard charts. her name is Rihanna.

anyway he is doing a terrible job they other girl is TEAIRRA MARI not Tina.

he is signing a bunch of NY rappers that wont sell and its sad.

R3beLuTionAry
07-30-2005, 05:56 PM
lol idiot the "no talent chick" you talkin about has the #2 spot for a single on the billboard charts. her name is Rihanna.

i dont care about her name.

Wu-tang Fan
07-30-2005, 06:09 PM
I thought Russell Simon was the owner of Def-Jam?

Bone Collecta
07-30-2005, 06:14 PM
you are late as hell

Unforgiven
07-30-2005, 06:54 PM
Your president of Def Jam, a multi-million a year operation, you need to keep that up yearly so you need to keep with the times, make sure you have the artists that sell and your job is easy as cake. Wu-Tang Clan's market-niche is gone, teens are the biggest market today and Wu can't compete with 50 Cent....thats why Wu will never be mainstream big again.

After saying this, iunno who the fuck he signed, so they could just very well be no talent shlews....

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
07-30-2005, 07:01 PM
he is signing a bunch of NY rappers that wont sell and its sad.
I haven't seen any promotion for any of em either, maybe that's why

Bone Collecta
07-30-2005, 07:01 PM
I haven't seen any promotion for any of em either, maybe that's why
true as well

Origin™
07-30-2005, 07:41 PM
"look at all these off brand niggas, running arround yapping about, they be holding figure's as big as jigga's"

i see this shit, jigga, averaging, 300 million dolla's income a year. through all his busniess's.....

he one rich ass mother fucker.

Edit:

Def Jam... Is no longer a rap lable either..... It's a brand name.

shit load of people buy the Def Jam, games, and fuck knows what else they produce now. that are probably not even into rap music...

Def Jam is an entrepreneurs wet dream. and jigga going to work that bitch, untill he so rich it's unbelievable

tekunique
07-30-2005, 07:52 PM
i wasnt too happy ghost signingwith DJ.. i mean, meth was there since day one so whatever but ghost jumped on the wack ship.. lets see if he gets artist freedom..

nrw killa bee
07-30-2005, 08:40 PM
uh,how long has he been the president?
some months?
And Jay-Z aint the only one that works at Def Jame,give him some time.

Bone Collecta
07-30-2005, 08:51 PM
lol hes second in command only person he answers to is LA Reid who has already proven himself over the yrs

Knicks
07-30-2005, 08:53 PM
jay shows no love to the only good rappers on his label: redman, Joe budden, ghost, DMX, n probably 0 promotion is gonna come for ODB anyways

maestro wooz
07-30-2005, 09:40 PM
odbs dead, this post mortum stuff is crap and shouldnt even be released much less get promotion

tical2000
07-30-2005, 09:43 PM
odbs dead, this post mortum stuff is crap and shouldnt even be released much less get promotion
Ya it may be.......

......but at least leak that shit on the internet or something so fans can hear it

maestro wooz
07-30-2005, 09:49 PM
ive had the chance to listen to like 30 tracks since hes died and ive chosen not to everytime. im cool

JOHNNY_TICAL
07-31-2005, 01:56 AM
Damn. Jigga Need Help. Not 4 Himself. / 2 Run Def Jam// He Should Go Back . 2 Their Past Successes Like Redman/ Or Nice And Smooth. 2 Jump Start Them Again.. / Then @ Da Same Time . He Can Look 4 Other Talent. Worthy Of Havin The Def Jam Name.. !

Wu-Tang_Killa_Beez
07-31-2005, 02:07 AM
Jay Z Is the gayest fucking stupid ass wannabe gangsta in fucking new york
fucking homo method man should be fuckin president fuck you Jay Z

R3beLuTionAry
07-31-2005, 04:24 AM
you are late as hell

i wasnt waiting for another pointless remark.

Bone Collecta
07-31-2005, 04:43 AM
i wasnt waiting for another pointless remark.
get off my dick lol faggot ass

PolitiC
07-31-2005, 08:06 AM
def jam fell off..they just tryna make money..prolly the fakest label around

R3beLuTionAry
07-31-2005, 01:04 PM
get off my dick lol faggot ass

oh shit the bad man cant say nothin so he calls me a faggot lmao

Big Bad Man
07-31-2005, 01:10 PM
oh shit the bad man cant say nothin so he calls me a faggot lmaoFaggot. lol. Hey u asked for it. IM THE FUCKIN BAD MAN.

On the real, fuck Def Jam. If it wasnt for Redman there be no Def Jam n still he treated like Jay-Z n shit are superior to him. Bullshit. Mef n Ghost should never have crossed over there. I mind on the old meth site, I told mef to stick a right guard sport stick up Def Jams ass.

Bone Collecta
07-31-2005, 08:30 PM
oh shit the bad man cant say nothin so he calls me a faggot lmao
you following me around the site i have no choice but to call u a fag

maestro wooz
07-31-2005, 09:03 PM
okay fellas lets keep it civil

R3beLuTionAry
08-01-2005, 02:08 AM
you following me around the site i have no choice but to call u a fag
?