07-30-2005, 04:44 PM
ME!
*raises hand*

PEACE

pussy-with-teeth
07-30-2005, 04:58 PM
rofl

hov aint a good lyricst ?? lol

he can spit mad fire..u cant be siroius !!!!

jay lyriclly >>> any wu MC lyriclly and wu is my fav of all time....jay is crazy..dude came out every year with that heat...pay respect to one of the goats

Dante
07-30-2005, 05:07 PM
I don't like Jay-Z buti admit that he is good lyrically (mostly his stuff on RD)

and Jay-Z better than all of the Wu lyrically? rofl please, GZA lyrically destroys him

ShaolinDarts
07-30-2005, 05:27 PM
jay lyriclly >>> any wu MC lyriclly and wu is my fav of all time....jay is crazy..dude came out every year with that heat...pay respect to one of the goats
He is not better than Raekwon, Deck or Gza. Like Mega said, this is the age of rappers with a flow and thats why Jay-Z has survived.

R3beLuTionAry
07-30-2005, 05:28 PM
i think pussy with teeth should go out with bone collecta

MantiZ
07-30-2005, 05:31 PM
word! date of the year. i bet even mtv wud sponsor that :D lol

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
07-30-2005, 05:34 PM
:lmao: but you can't be a good lyricist if you don't even write ya own lines, fuck money, that has nothing to do with it.

07-30-2005, 05:35 PM
.................hmmmm if i say this will it start again.................Nas SHITS on Jay

tical2000
07-30-2005, 08:04 PM
JAY-Z is dope...........one of the most versitle rappers of all time....

.....he can do the club joints and streets joints and do both well........

P3T3R BARK3R
07-30-2005, 08:16 PM
hey guys stop hatin on hov.
and stop hatin on each others.

my opinion:
jigga has a crazy flow and delivery.
he is a good lyricist but not very good.

EggShen
07-30-2005, 09:54 PM
rofl

last time i remembered, gza beat jayz in battle.. .so i dont know where you get that from.. .

jayz is ok.. .but lets keep it real because i am keeping it real.. .

egg out,

maestro wooz
07-30-2005, 10:20 PM

ahahahaha. jayz is a top 3 mc of all time. He writes 90% of his own lyrics, call the 10% biting or giving props, but you cant dispute the greatness of that 90%

Cm0ney
07-30-2005, 10:36 PM

you can't be fucking serious. the more you post, the more ridiculous your opinion gets. you might be joking and just trying to piss everyone off,but if not every person in wu tang is lyrically better than jay z. i like jay, but his voice is squeaky, annoying, and hard to listen to. i liked all of his albums but seriously, everybody in wu tang is better than him.

maestro wooz
07-30-2005, 10:39 PM
only ghost and gza are better then him

num2son
07-30-2005, 10:46 PM
I do.

maestro wooz
07-30-2005, 10:48 PM
not applicable

thwak
07-30-2005, 11:29 PM
I don't.
but I do belive that the people hov has bit off of are.

brown_dogg
07-30-2005, 11:41 PM
Jay-Z wuz at Caribana today.

younguru
07-31-2005, 12:07 AM
Jay-z is good but he ain't the Greatest.

JOHNNY_TICAL
07-31-2005, 01:02 AM
Funny U Say Gza// No Disrespects.. 2 Tha Wu// Wu 4 Life. !!!!!!! But On That M T V Special. All Eyes On Jay -z / He Talking 2 Sway. Saying He Beat Gza Battling... / He Dont Refer 2 Him.. As Gza. / He Refer 2 Him As Genius. / That 2 Me Is Respect There 4 Tha Wu And 4 Wut They Have Done.. .. Coming From Jay. !! So Yes. I Agree . Wit Other Peeps. // Jay .. One Of The Greatest Ever../ Ironically During Our Life Time. !

Peace . !!!

AK Spray
07-31-2005, 01:08 AM
I always hear ppl sayin how DOPE he is... Hit me with a quote... Ghost is the GOAT... NOt Jay....

urbanlegendmf
07-31-2005, 02:40 AM
I Dont Like Jay-z That Much But Dear Summer Is The Shit!!

" Im In A Good Moood U Lucky!!

I Got A Good Groooovve"

triggahappy187
07-31-2005, 03:23 AM
Yo Jay-Z Aight he aint better then Beans tho Jay wayyyyyy over rated 2. His style is ugly as well

ShaolinDarts
07-31-2005, 04:53 AM
Jay-Z is good but he ain't all that great. Circumstances were such that he excelled at his time but a few years before or after then he wouldn't have been what he was. But from business point of view he made cd's sell so I'm sure that alot of rappers do respect him.

Also am I the only one that noticed how once Jay made the connection between jigga and nigga rhyming that everything started to go a bit downhill?

Robert
07-31-2005, 06:20 AM
compared to most rappers from new york except g unot jay z aint shit with his lyrics. nas made him seem like a fool with ether an that linkin park shit was wak! When you compare him to the wu, old mobb deep, blackstar, nas etc he really doesn't have much to say.

pussy-with-teeth
07-31-2005, 08:09 AM
He is not better than Raekwon, Deck or Gza. Like Mega said, this is the age of rappers with a flow and thats why Jay-Z has survived.
man...how can u even have the nerve to compare deck or rae lyriclly to hov ??? - i love wu, wu is my life...but deck aint even a real solo artist..he cant hold an album lyriclly doen..u cant compare his wu verses..let say 20 hotass verses against jays 8 albums...hay came out every fucking year and hold my winter down..wu was not comming out . jay was the man who got my love then...and rae - i dont wanna say he suck alone..but without ghost - my man cant do it solo like jay...his two albums aint nothin against some of hovs best...while cuban linx and ironman - no doubt are better than any jay album...but its not cause of raekwon..

and GZA is close there but ill give to jay..still..he has way to much material...to much classics...gza - no fucking doubt - is there with his wordplay but look at hovs career - dude spit all the shit..all them subject matters..every kind of song - and he always murderd it...go there with 22 2`s ..thats ill man..or meet the parents...go there with i just wanna love u, hard knock life...

jay can go mainstream and real heads still love it...

pussy-with-teeth
07-31-2005, 08:29 AM
you can't be fucking serious. the more you post, the more ridiculous your opinion gets. you might be joking and just trying to piss everyone off,but if not every person in wu tang is lyrically better than jay z. i like jay, but his voice is squeaky, annoying, and hard to listen to. i liked all of his albums but seriously, everybody in wu tang is better than him.
i think ya opinion is much more ridiculous ...how the fuck is everybody in the clan betta than jay ?? tell me how UGOD, ODB, Meth, Masta,RZA are better MCs and better lyriclly than jigga ??

i have no problem with gza or ghost beeing better than him, in fact, ghost is better than jay - but i thiught this thread is just bout lyrics ?? and hov straight kills that shit

Robert
07-31-2005, 08:50 AM
man...how can u even have the nerve to compare deck or rae lyriclly to hov ??? - i love wu, wu is my life...but deck aint even a real solo artist..he cant hold an album lyriclly doen..u cant compare his wu verses..let say 20 hotass verses against jays 8 albums...hay came out every fucking year and hold my winter down..wu was not comming out . jay was the man who got my love then...and rae - i dont wanna say he suck alone..but without ghost - my man cant do it solo like jay...his two albums aint nothin against some of hovs best...while cuban linx and ironman - no doubt are better than any jay album...but its not cause of raekwon..

and GZA is close there but ill give to jay..still..he has way to much material...to much classics...gza - no fucking doubt - is there with his wordplay but look at hovs career - dude spit all the shit..all them subject matters..every kind of song - and he always murderd it...go there with 22 2`s ..thats ill man..or meet the parents...go there with i just wanna love u, hard knock life...

Maybe so but jay z is nothing when compared to NaS. NaS was the clear winner of that beef and he killed Jay on ether. I don't believe that volume of albums means he's a better mcee then the clan members ya mentioned. True that Rebel ins, U-God don't match up on solo efforts but the Genius definitely has his measure. Jay has definitely been a significant part of hip hop in the last decade or so but lyrically I don't feel him and he doesn't match up to Big, pac and NaS.

pussy-with-teeth
07-31-2005, 09:33 AM
Maybe so but jay z is nothing when compared to NaS. NaS was the clear winner of that beef and he killed Jay on ether. I don't believe that volume of albums means he's a better mcee then the clan members ya mentioned. True that Rebel ins, U-God don't match up on solo efforts but the Genius definitely has his measure. Jay has definitely been a significant part of hip hop in the last decade or so but lyrically I don't feel him and he doesn't match up to Big, pac and NaS.
yeah nas is better lyriclly than my man jay - still close though - and i dont thnk that he killed him in the battle - he won - but "killed" would mean that he was waayyyy betta, wich is not true. Takeova was a hard diss too...ether was just a lil bit better...
and Pac aint neva better lyriclly than hov..come on - his strengh is his voice and message - but on pure lyricsm he aint got nothing on jogga...BIG..thats an other story..

THE W
07-31-2005, 10:43 AM
jay-z is far from wack but isnt a better lyricist than any wu member other than ODB. jay is simply a better businessman and self promoter than wu-tang.

Analyze
07-31-2005, 11:19 AM
Early in his career he was nice, now he just got lazy. He's lyrical and his flow is nice but his delivery is fuckin lazy. The whole Black Album was garbage, and he's not fuckin wit Rae, GZA, or Deck.

Wu Forever

maestro wooz
07-31-2005, 05:42 PM

thumbs up

Ink Is My Drink
07-31-2005, 06:00 PM
nah fuk jay z

(sorry all jay z fans haha)

ch-chef
07-31-2005, 06:02 PM
the overall popular opinion is hes one of the best ever...i dont see it that way, mostly because i cant, since i dont listen to him.

Ink Is My Drink
07-31-2005, 06:09 PM
i cant stand jay z

RynMur
07-31-2005, 06:13 PM
He's good, but not the greatest like he thinks.

Punch
07-31-2005, 06:22 PM
He is definitely a good MC

cap
07-31-2005, 07:06 PM
THE QUESTION WAS "who thinks jay-z is a good lyricist"
AND I DONT THINK ANYBODY COULD SAY THAT HE ISNT

Ink Is My Drink
07-31-2005, 07:11 PM
what horses arnt orange?

triggahappy187
07-31-2005, 07:26 PM
Yall are fuckin stupid

Rza - Better then Jay-Z lyrically
Cappadonna - Like Jay both can spit when it comes to it
Gza - Better lyrically then Jay
Method Man - He on the same level as Jay.... When he wanna be
Masta Killa - He could be better then Jay
ODB - is prob one a the worst Mcs ever lyrically lol
Raekwon - Same as Jay
Ghost - Same as Jay
U-God - Not better then Jay
INS - Better then Jay

Straight forward Jay-Z is good he is consistent when puttin out new albums but lets face it his rhymin stlye is ugly an he cant follow a beat most of the time. His lyrics are usually very simple I stay opinionated post a lyric an prove me wrong.

triggahappy187
07-31-2005, 07:27 PM
He is a great artist but when cats start comparin to the Wu i mean come on I love Wu but I am truthful an honest when it comes to my above post.

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
07-31-2005, 07:29 PM
you can't be judged fairly when you bite as much as this clown has

Ink Is My Drink
07-31-2005, 07:30 PM
hahaha jay z a clown

Ink Is My Drink
07-31-2005, 07:31 PM
i agree

pussy-with-teeth
08-01-2005, 01:32 AM
Yall are fuckin stupid

Rza - Better then Jay-Z lyrically
Cappadonna - Like Jay both can spit when it comes to it
Gza - Better lyrically then Jay
Method Man - He on the same level as Jay.... When he wanna be
Masta Killa - He could be better then Jay
ODB - is prob one a the worst Mcs ever lyrically lol
Raekwon - Same as Jay
Ghost - Same as Jay
U-God - Not better then Jay
INS - Better then Jay

Straight forward Jay-Z is good he is consistent when puttin out new albums but lets face it his rhymin stlye is ugly an he cant follow a beat most of the time. His lyrics are usually very simple I stay opinionated post a lyric an prove me wrong.man fuck all this could, would, if he wants to...its who did it..its not a question bout talent..i god damn know it by my self that rae can spit pure fire, ins too..but them dudes neva did it like jay used..Decks albums are average at best - every non wu fan would say they are close to weak...and that goes for the lyrics there too....masta killa is damn overrated since he droped his solo imo...cause of cource it was hot shit...but ...to be realistic..he neva was all that on wu tracks, and i remember those days where he and ugod got the hate...and thats the way it is...rofl at meth beein lyriclly up there with Jay....thats a sad statement..cappa ??? stop it man...gza maybe...ghost maybe..point..man all them dudes neva made a real good solo by them self...yall comparing some verses against albumst....man if jay would make like 15 verses in 2 or 3 years like masta or cappa or ins...he only would kill shit ...but hes making albums..feel me ???

pussy-with-teeth
08-01-2005, 01:34 AM
http://ohhla.com/anonymous/jigga/doubt/d_evils.jyz.txt
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>kills

ShaolinDarts
08-01-2005, 02:23 AM

jay can go mainstream and real heads still love it...The question isn't who has better albums. The title of the thread is "who thinks jay-z is a good lyricist". Lyrically Rae and Deck would leave Jay for dead. Rae can match Jay-Z in any type of track (including commercial) he makes and on top of that give word play and slang that Jay-Z can only dream of having. And when it comes to hot lyrics and hot verses Jay doesn't even exist in the same universe as Deck. And compared to Gza? Is there even a lyricist who is as consistent as Gza?

When it comes to a career I would say Jay-Z probably had the best, even better than Nas. But when it comes to lyrics he is just a middle tier contender.

maestro wooz
08-01-2005, 02:49 AM
maybe hes not as good a "lyrcist" but the only wu tang members who can compete as an overall rapper with hov is ghost and meth. And neither of them have a solo album that can fuck with reasonable doubt, black album, or blueprint. Blackout is the only one i would put at near the same level as those 3.

_Goddess_
08-01-2005, 03:05 AM
"I'm not a writer, I'm a biter."

pussy-with-teeth
08-01-2005, 03:07 AM
The question isn't who has better albums. The title of the thread is "who thinks jay-z is a good lyricist". Lyrically Rae and Deck would leave Jay for dead. Rae can match Jay-Z in any type of track (including commercial) he makes and on top of that give word play and slang that Jay-Z can only dream of having. And when it comes to hot lyrics and hot verses Jay doesn't even exist in the same universe as Deck. And compared to Gza? Is there even a lyricist who is as consistent as Gza?

When it comes to a career I would say Jay-Z probably had the best, even better than Nas. But when it comes to lyrics he is just a middle tier contender.
i was talking bout albums...cause i said they cant hold a whole album lyriclly down - they are no real solo rappers...and ins aint betta lyriclly than hov...

pussy-with-teeth
08-01-2005, 03:12 AM
maybe hes not as good a "lyrcist" but the only wu tang members who can compete as an overall rapper with hov is ghost and meth. And neither of them have a solo album that can fuck with reasonable doubt, black album, or blueprint. Blackout is the only one i would put at near the same level as those 3.
now u are wyhlin

Supreme Clientele is betta than any jay album..RD is close...ironman is better than any jay album...pta is betta the most his album including black album

sure jay has a sick solo catalouge...like i said..wu rappers arent real solo MCs..if u take ghost from wu tang albums, cuban linx and his albums plus thedore..he kills hov right here !!

_Goddess_
08-01-2005, 03:33 AM
Jay-Z is ok.

_Goddess_
08-01-2005, 03:34 AM
Wu-Tang has nothing to do with that..

I like Jay-Z.

maestro wooz
08-01-2005, 03:40 AM
now u are wyhlin

Supreme Clientele is betta than any jay album..RD is close...ironman is better than any jay album...pta is betta the most his album including black album

sure jay has a sick solo catalouge...like i said..wu rappers arent real solo MCs..if u take ghost from wu tang albums, cuban linx and his albums plus thedore..he kills hov right here !!

please, ghost is very good on supreme clientele but the beats on most songs are just okay. Someone should do to sc like theyve done to the black album and remix it over different beats. Ironman is nothing original, a bunch of unentertaining beats and it the sound is a poor version of ob4cl and forever. Pretty toney???? Come on man, theres like 4 good songs on that. Run and biscuits are great songs but the rest are mediocre to below average songs. I think ghost is a better rapper then jigga but all the weaker members of wu hold his albums back from being great.

pussy-with-teeth
08-01-2005, 03:46 AM
please, ghost is very good on supreme clientele but the beats on most songs are just okay. Someone should do to sc like theyve done to the black album and remix it over different beats. Ironman is nothing original, a bunch of unentertaining beats and it the sound is a poor version of ob4cl and forever. Pretty toney???? Come on man, theres like 4 good songs on that. Run and biscuits are great songs but the rest are mediocre to below average songs. I think ghost is a better rapper then jigga but all the weaker members of wu hold his albums back from being great.
ironman came out b4 forever so that dont make any sense...also SC beats were off the hook...better than any hov production..alos ironman aint poor version of cuban linx, in fact its almost as good as it...

triggahappy187
08-01-2005, 05:01 AM
Woozer dog thats funny

Longbongcilvaringz
08-01-2005, 05:21 AM
not iMO.

ShaolinDarts
08-01-2005, 05:52 AM
i was talking bout albums...cause i said they cant hold a whole album lyriclly down - they are no real solo rappers...and ins aint betta lyriclly than hov...
If you are talking about catalogues then if we take e.g. Raekwon then he was actually working constantly till The W on his own plus Wu related albums. He has more than enough of a catalogue to show that he is far superior rapper than most. I haven't actually heard much if any multi-layered raps from Jay-Z.

Even better is Ghost who when the W came out had been a major part in three group albums, two solo's that were classic/near classic, half of OB4CL (one of the greatest albums ever) plus a constant line of tracks on other Wu solo's. He then stole the show on The W.

I still would argue that there is no way Jay-Z is better than lyrically or even material wise than every single Wu rapper. Even if we take Method Man then his catalogue has plenty to put him in as a better lyricist. From Tical to Wu forever to Tical 2000 are 3 big jumps. He started of as someone good on Tical and finished as one of the few with a sick flow plus sick lyrics and the best producers right behind him on Tical 2000. To say that Jay-Z is a better lyricist or even in some cases a better album maker is than the WHOLE of the Wu is just plain ignorant.

maestro wooz
08-01-2005, 06:04 AM
ironman came out b4 forever so that dont make any sense...also SC beats were off the hook...better than any hov production..alos ironman aint poor version of cuban linx, in fact its almost as good as it...

doesnt matter when ironman came out, its still a poor version. Im gonna stop now cause im gonna start getting spammed by 15 year old kids from london

Welshkillabee
08-01-2005, 06:12 AM
Good Lyricist? Of Course he is!

maestro wooz
08-02-2005, 05:31 AM
Motherfuckers -
say that I'm foolish I only talk about jewels (bling bling)
Do you fools listen to music or do you just skim through it?
See I'm influenced by the ghetto you ruined
That same dude you gave nothin, I made somethin doin
what I do through and through and
I give you the news - with a twist it's just his ghetto point-of-view
The renegade; you been afraid
I penetrate pop culture, bring 'em a lot closer to the block where they
pop toasters, and they live with they moms
Got dropped roasters, from botched robberies niggaz crotched over
Mommy's knocked up cause she wasn't watched over
Knocked down by some clown when child support knocked
No he's not around - now how that sound to ya, jot it down
I bring it through the ghetto without ridin 'round
hidin down duckin strays from frustrated youths stuck in they ways
Just read a magazine that fucked up my day
How you rate music that thugs with nothin relate to it?
I help them see they way through it - not you
Can't step in my pants, can't walk in my shoes
Bet everything you worth; you lose your tie and your shirt

As sure as this, Earth is turning souls burning
in search of higher learning turning in every direction seeking direction
My moms cryin cause her insides are dyin
her son tryin her patience, keep her heart racin
A million beats a minute, I know I push you to your limit
but it's this game love, I'm caught up all in it
They make it so you can't prevent it, never give it
you gotta take it, can't fake it I keep it authentic
My hand got this pistol shakin, cause I sense danger
like Camp Crystal Lake and
don't wanna shoot him, but I got him, trapped
within this infrared dot, bout to hot him and, hit rock bottom
No answers to these trick questions, no time shit stressin
My life found I got ta live for the right now
Time waits for no man, can't turn back the hands
once it's too late, gotta learn to live with regrets

Music business hate me cause the industry ain't make me
Hustlers and boosters embrace me and the music I be makin
I dumbed down for my audience to double my dollars
They criticized me for it yet they all yell "HOLLA!"
If skills sold, truth be told, I'd probably be
lyrically, Talib Kweli
Truthfully I wanna rhyme like Common Sense
But I did five mill' - I ain't been rhymin like Common since
When your cents got that much in common
And you been hustlin since, your inception
Fuck perception go with what makes sense
Since I know what I'm up against
We as rappers must decide what's most impor-tant
And I can't help the poor if I'm one of them
So I got rich and gave back, to me that's the win/win
So next time you see the homey and his rims spin
Just know my mind is workin just like them...
... rims, that is

9th Warrior
08-02-2005, 09:45 AM
it depends, most of the time he's lyrical unless he's biting a really obvious BIG verse

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
08-02-2005, 10:12 AM
"Truthfully I wanna rhyme like Common Sense
But I did five mill' - I ain't been rhymin like Common since
When your cents got that much in common
And you been hustlin since, your inception
Fuck perception go with what makes sense
Since I know what I'm up against
We as rappers must decide what's most impor-tant"

Yay-Z a wack lyricist?................................please

MILF DOOM
08-02-2005, 10:18 AM