PDA

View Full Version : New IPODS

Ink Is My Drink
09-06-2007, 08:02 AM
no one notice the new range of ipods came out yesterday??
(im guessing there prob already been a thread on this if there has jus delete this)

http://www.apple.com/

the touchscreen i pod seems nice the big screen gotta be good for watching movies. but its only in 8gb or 15gb and i need like 30gb so guess i wont be getting it. also it fairly expensive
$300 for 8gb $400 for 15gb

the ipod nano actually looks good for the first time and does videos and the screen is actually a good size comparted to what it used to be
$200 for 8gb which i thinks a alright price

and the ipod classic is pretty much exactly the same as ever jus the design is slightly different might look atlot differnt when its in yoru hand but fmr the pic looks roughly the same jus more rounded
$250 for 80gb or $350 for 160gb

what everyone think bout them?

ironwizard
10-03-2007, 01:20 PM
Iīm torn between the 8gb nano and the 80gb classic. I like the nano cause itīs small in size and has a flash drive, which I think is a bit more reliable than a hard drive. Itīs also slightly cheaper than the classic. On the other hand, I really appreciate the virtually unlimited amount of space on the classic, for only a slightly bigger pricetag.
Itīs also bigger in size, of course, which turns me off a bit... Iīm still trying to outweigh the pros and cons....

Storm
10-03-2007, 01:40 PM
Im getting the 80 gb. I like putting full albums on it and im gonna put in alot of videos on it. I had the 30 gb so I know the 80 gb should be perfect for me. My cousin has the 80 gb, and the new games are really cool and a new interface. Getting the 130 gb would be too risky for me since your paying so much and imagine if you were to lose it. Anybody whose getting the new ipods should wait until apple releases cases for them, thats what im doing

Razorsharp
10-03-2007, 01:45 PM
i jus got an 80 GB like 4 months ago... i should have waited... now there is a 160 GB... -__-, for the price i got my 80... dammit

Storm
10-03-2007, 01:49 PM
must suck for you. I was getting ready to get the 80 gb but I decided to wait since my cousin works at apple and he said when they start getting low for products it usually means theres a new coming soon

100pr00f
10-04-2007, 10:38 AM
just picked up the 80 classic for like 200

not that big ..u can throw it in ur pocket..and its pretty thin
its my first mp3 so for me seems dope ..lots of space ...

i got 1000 tracks up on it ..and a bunch of fam uy ep..and its not not even a 1/4 filled

prolly will never fill up

haha

peace

whitey
10-04-2007, 07:35 PM
i jus got an 80 GB like 4 months ago... i should have waited... now there is a 160 GB... -__-, for the price i got my 80... dammit

yea me too. its ass. but thats life. think about the assholes who bought a cd player for a $1,000 back in the late 80s.

ironwizard
10-07-2007, 07:46 AM
I just got the 80 gig classic. Itīs great, but I donīt think Iīll ever come close to filling it up.

Oh, and I have a slight problem, by the way... I have a track that I want to dele from the ipod. Iīve deleted it from itunes, and when I plug my ipod in to update, the track stays on the ipod! I donīt get it... itīs supposed to sync with the library on the comp, right? Well in that case it doesnīt make sense, cause that track is no longer in my itunes library...

Anyone got any ideas as to what the problem could be?

TrueDciple
10-08-2007, 11:31 AM

Same here brother, same here ;(

11th Chamber
10-08-2007, 10:09 PM
I stick with Creative Zen. No iTunes for me, thank god

Rorschach
10-10-2007, 02:21 PM
Having this Touch version would be pointless for me. One of the major advantages of having an IPod in my opinion is being able to change songs with it still in my pocket, with a touch screen that becomes impossible. Even though Apple will make a ton of cash from it, i feel it's completly unneccessary. Apple found the perfect product in the IPod because of its ease of use and simplicity, i feel that the Touch goes against that.

Storm
10-10-2007, 02:53 PM
Its dumb to get the Ipod touch to me. Its exactly the same as the as Iphone but without phone. Even if it has internet connection, it would be useless to me. Your buying the same thing practically with less value. I have the 30 gig ipod video. Its close to filled up so eventually im getting the 80 gig classic so I can put in full seasons of tv shows. And my cousin works for apple so I can get a discount on it. He has the 80 gig too, its so kool. the imusic game that they added is much better than the original one. They have one for rap/hip hop and rock/pop. And, a quiz for tv shows and movies.

Razorsharp
10-11-2007, 04:30 AM
itz cool tho... i dont think i could fill up my 80 GB anyways... however i am filled at like 35 GB...

10 GB on Medabots 1st season
2 GB on afro samurai
rest is music :D

TrueDciple
10-11-2007, 09:20 AM
Having this Touch version would be pointless for me. One of the major advantages of having an IPod in my opinion is being able to change songs with it still in my pocket, with a touch screen that becomes impossible. Even though Apple will make a ton of cash from it, i feel it's completly unneccessary. Apple found the perfect product in the IPod because of its ease of use and simplicity, i feel that the Touch goes against that.

Co Sign!, i put it on my pants back pocket and control it from there without taking it out even if people around me think im just feeling my butt.

SG
10-11-2007, 10:40 AM
there were alot great points made by others. If you think for a moment on your phone you can install SD(smart disk) but in IPOD you can't.

IPOD needs to come available with SD

Razorsharp
10-11-2007, 07:00 PM

true... its mostly for eye candy tho... i bet they will make some lil controller for it or something... jus watch

Longbongcilvaringz
10-12-2007, 01:29 AM
the touch seems kind of pointless to me, but my 30 gb is full.

so i might invest in the 80 gb later on.

ipods are fucking unrealiable though, but the interface and ease of use is pretty much unrivaled.