PDA

View Full Version : Lyric Interpretation Thread-"Paranoid Android"

oDoUoSoKo
09-06-2007, 06:20 PM
ok this ones has been getting me forever....

Radiohead-Paranoid Android

Please could you stop the noise, I'm trying to get some rest
From all the unborn chicken voices in my head
What's that...? (I may be paranoid, but not an android)
What's that...? (I may be paranoid, but not an android)

When I am king, you will be first against the wall
With your opinion which is of no consequence at all
What's that...? (I may be paranoid, but no android)
What's that...? (I may be paranoid, but no android)

Ambition makes you look pretty ugly
Kicking and squealing gucci little piggy
You don't remember
You don't remember
Why don't you remember my name?
Off with his head, man
Off with his head, man
Why don't you remember my name?
I guess he does....

Rain down, rain down
Come on rain down on me
From a great height
From a great height... height...
Rain down, rain down
Come on rain down on me
From a great height
From a great height... height...
Rain down, rain down
Come on rain down on me

TThat's it, sir
You're leaving
The crackle of pigskin
The dust and the screaming
The yuppies networking
The panic, the vomit
The panic, the vomit
God loves his children, God loves his children, yeah!

what do u think it mean?

oDoUoSoKo
09-08-2007, 05:20 PM
anyone?

LiquidWordz
09-09-2007, 03:16 AM
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if it had no meaning at all. Maybe some hidden meaning to him that only he knows, but that's probably it.

Seriously, unborn chicken voices? Kicking and squealing gucci little piggy?
I don't think anyone wuld be able to descipher anything from that.

oDoUoSoKo
09-09-2007, 10:48 AM
you never know.

Longbongcilvaringz
09-09-2007, 11:30 AM
its a bunch of leftover songs thrown together as far as i know, so that explains why it doesnt make alot of sense.

oDoUoSoKo
09-09-2007, 11:32 AM
really?

INF
09-09-2007, 12:01 PM
Chicken voices in ur head = thoughts that are soon to hatch that you are afraid to push out. It means that you are just waiting on your thoughts to come instead of producing them.

Whatelse do you wanna know???? gucci little piggy = rich snobby mf that aint had to deal with the dirty part of life.

If you wanna know what the song means....dont listen to radiohead. It should be obvious. ok computer is about revolution.

THis is like asking what "Karma Police" is about.

oDoUoSoKo
09-09-2007, 12:56 PM
ELOELS I was jus gonna make that into a thread.

Longbongcilvaringz
09-09-2007, 01:18 PM
really?

yeh, it was three different tracks, thats why its disjointed.

just read the wikipedia thing on it, explains all:

"It's about being exposed to God, I dunno. It was that one night, really. We'd been rehearsing the song for months, but the lyrics came to me at five o'clock that morning. I was trying to sleep when I literally heard these voices that wouldn't leave me alone. They were the voices of the people I'd heard in the bar. It turned out to be a notorious, coke-fiend place, but I didn't know that. Basically it's just about chaos, chaos, utter fucking chaos."

yeah, so basically drug induced crazyness, dont read to much into this stuff. a lot of people do. anyway....`

check:

http://www.ateaseweb.com/songs/paranoidandroid.php

"The band had been playing the song for months in rehearsals, but that night, while he couldn't sleep, the lyrics flooded into Thom's head at 5am. Of particular horror to him was one especially vicious lady who had a drink spilt over her dress and whose face contorted in venom at the culprit - she was the 'kicking, squealing Gucci little piggy' that Thom sang of and he was horrified. Thom: "Basically it's just abou chaos, chaos, utter fucking chaos."

oDoUoSoKo
09-09-2007, 01:23 PM
right...

INF
09-10-2007, 02:05 AM
:dududu:

oDoUoSoKo
09-10-2007, 09:14 PM
eloels.

crust
09-12-2007, 02:44 PM
thom yorke is fucking amazing. what i think the song is about is just random thoughts in his head. like a totally diffrent world....

"when i am king you will be first against the wall..."
i love this lyric. its pretty much saying; one of these days i'm gunna fucking kill you! hahaha awesome!

oDoUoSoKo
09-12-2007, 07:22 PM
ya^^^ and..."the panic, the vomit"

xtaltha
09-23-2007, 11:57 PM
its about a dude thats a bit off his rocker (hence the 'voices in his head') , he constantly reminds you "i may be paranoid, but no android' by android he means like your average yuppy ass dude living to work, not working to live..he's pissed that these dudes are in charge, so he warns them that when he's king, he get his revenge. these yuppies are just materalists pigs (gucci little piggie) who are so blind they cant even see him (you dont remember me, you dont remember my name?). this boils into rage (off with his head!) the middle part is a transitional part, slow the song down, and end with his wish: "That's it, sir You're leaving" they do and frying (pigskin crackling like mexican chicharones) etc, etc.

the part of them being thee seperate parts has nothing really to do the the lyrics, it was about the music. thom yorke likens it to 'happiness is a warm gun' by the beatles.