oDoUoSoKo
09-09-2007, 09:53 PM
blasphemy^

WARPATH
09-10-2007, 02:36 PM
was good debate
all sides made good and bad points
better thn camron v. bill o riely

They weren't really debating that much, it was more like they were building with Bill Mahr on some KTL shit.

Huggasaurus Sex
09-10-2007, 03:02 PM
it was entertaining. mos def is a funny dude but he was kinda all over the place. the most important point he made though was that many minorities living in america face much more immediate threats to their freedoms than islamic terrorism, so in that sense who really gives a fuck about bin laden. really good point that i wish they'd discussed more.

Dirty Knowledge
09-10-2007, 03:04 PM
I don't think Mos Def has read the Koran..

blackwisdom
09-10-2007, 07:07 PM
I don't think Mos Def has read the Koran..I think that he didn't want to admit to the statement made about the Koran.

Kong
09-11-2007, 04:39 PM
Link. (http://www.raplevel.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=32263)

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
09-11-2007, 05:55 PM
nice

Olive Oil Goombah
09-11-2007, 09:43 PM
I agree with the point Maher made about Islam being spread thru the sword, just like Christianity. Its fact. Alot of people just like to take the anti-American side for the fuck of it because we are an 'empire'. I'm surprised Mos hasn't done more studying on ancient history...he seems to have used all his time on modern politics.

That being said, he's right about not feeling threatened. Truthfully, even as an Italian-American white man, I don't feel threatened either. The media and govt. likes to make people paranoid about these extremists to further conjure them and scare them into going along with their agenda.
I always said that what they pulled of was an isolated incident and that alot of crime syndicates like the mob or any type of organized crime could have done it. It wasn't like it was the greatest scheme in the world. They hijacked planes and crashed them into buildings. They didn't use inter ballistic missiles, or even their own planes! They hijacked ours!
Are they really going to bring down the whole of the USA?? Come on. Yes, terrorism is a threat, but not any more of a threat than getting murdered on your way to the market, or dying in a car crash, u see what im saying?
ANd thats what Mos was saying...and the thing is, the same goes for the safest of the safe rich white folks in AMerica. They are more liable to get murdered by and american than killed on some terrorist shit. ANd i would venture to say the odds are much greater...much much greater.
Now if your living in Israel, thats one thing...but here. Come on. Lets get real.
ON 9/11, I woke up, watched that shit on TV, and went about my day. Went to school and got my financial aid straightened out...how much did it really affect me? I didn't feel unsafe.
New Yorkers may feel different, but again, living in New York, you are always at a greater risk of danger from certain things. So you become more used to it.

chef boi r c
09-12-2007, 12:46 AM
I agree with the point Maher made about Islam being spread thru the sword, just like Christianity. Its fact. Alot of people just like to take the anti-American side for the fuck of it because we are an 'empire'. I'm surprised Mos hasn't done more studying on ancient history...he seems to have used all his time on modern politics.

That being said, he's right about not feeling threatened. Truthfully, even as an Italian-American white man, I don't feel threatened either. The media and govt. likes to make people paranoid about these extremists to further conjure them and scare them into going along with their agenda.
I always said that what they pulled of was an isolated incident and that alot of crime syndicates like the mob or any type of organized crime could have done it. It wasn't like it was the greatest scheme in the world. They hijacked planes and crashed them into buildings. They didn't use inter ballistic missiles, or even their own planes! They hijacked ours!
Are they really going to bring down the whole of the USA?? Come on. Yes, terrorism is a threat, but not any more of a threat than getting murdered on your way to the market, or dying in a car crash, u see what im saying?
ANd thats what Mos was saying...and the thing is, the same goes for the safest of the safe rich white folks in AMerica. They are more liable to get murdered by and american than killed on some terrorist shit. ANd i would venture to say the odds are much greater...much much greater.
Now if your living in Israel, thats one thing...but here. Come on. Lets get real.
ON 9/11, I woke up, watched that shit on TV, and went about my day. Went to school and got my financial aid straightened out...how much did it really affect me? I didn't feel unsafe.
New Yorkers may feel different, but again, living in New York, you are always at a greater risk of danger from certain things. So you become more used to it.

LISTEN Brotha, everything ain't "All good" so wake the fuk up!!!!! And im talkin bout that mind set!!

chef boi r c
09-12-2007, 12:47 AM
Welcome to the freedom revolution, it is time we reject the status quo and return to the rule of law and the constitution. People are ready for it & we ready to go work. Our problems are great yet the solutions are not complicated. We got into this mess mainly because we lost respect for the constitution and we lost our faith that freedom really works.

It is not complicated to solve the many problems. Our civil liberties are being attacked, our economy has been undermined, our dollar has been virtually destroyed, and we have a foreign policy that is devastating to the people of this country, and these things have to change.

We have complained about the last several years, we have complained about what has happened since 9/11, and a lot has happened. Unfortunately, as they say everything changed on 9/11 yet tragically it has been changed in the wrong direction.

The message we have to spread is to convince the American people that the freer we are the safer we are! And we have no right, no matter what the motivations are [good or bad] for use to impose our will on other people around the world for the reason it ALWAYS backfires on us!

My solution for Iraq is not complicated. We just marched in, we can just march out. It is said that if we leave there, there will be chaos in Iraq. Of course we don’t know exactly what will happen in Iraq immediately afterwards, there maybe a bump up or there may be a dramatic reduction in the chaos. Let me tell you if there is some chaos after we leave, Do we blame ourselves for leaving or do we blame those who put us over there in the FIRST PLACE!!!

We do not have a humble foreign policy and we do not have a the authority to what we are doing. So the sooner we WAKEUP and realize not only do we need to get out of Iraq, we to stop intimidating the whole middle east and stop preparing for the next war in Iran.

Not only that we need to get to the point where we resume the foreign policy of the founders of minding our own business, you know there is a side benefit to all of this. Not only would we be much stronger, as in stronger military, stronger defense, just think of the money we can save!

We have to address foreign policy as adyta. It allows us the practical political opportunity to have a plan to get us out of this mess. As true constitutionalist, there are MANY MANY well fare programs that we really can’t endorse. We have conditioned generation after generation after generation to be dependant on the government. So the last thing we need to do is say “The first thing we are going to do is cut Medicare….” We do not need to do that. And we don’t need to close down social security. Yet we could develop a transitional program by saying “Let the young people get out of it, they don’t want to join the social security program, they don’t have to!” The immediate reaction to that is “Where are we going to get the money, how are we going to take care of the elderly, how are we going to take care of the medical needs of the people who are so dependant???” There is a way!! SAVE IT FROM FIGHTING THESE SENSELESS WARS!!! We could literally SAVE HALF A TRILLION DOLLAR$$ VERY EASILLY!!! We could take half of that and put it against the deficit and you have more than enough tie people over and work a transitional program in order to get over to a more sensible government and programs that we need! This has great appeal! Its logical, its practical, and its moving in the right direction.

You can’t turn one switch and turn every single thing off in one day, it would be chaotic. The direction that we are going, it could be turned off dramatically. What happens when we have run-away inflation and the destruction of the dollar? All of these programs are out the window then this country would be in chaos AND THAT’S WHAT WE HAVE TO WORK TO PREVENT!!!

learn more @ http://ronpaul2008.com

GET INVOLVED http://ronpaul.meetup.com

blackwisdom
09-12-2007, 02:09 PM
Is that one of his speeches?:looking:

chef boi r c
09-12-2007, 08:33 PM
Is that one of his speeches?:looking:

Yeah, part of Ron Paul's speach @ Mountain View, California