PDA

View Full Version : Hey BEAT MAKERS

smokebongoncliff
09-17-2007, 04:12 PM
what up yall. I've been rapping for about 3 years and my friend has been making the beats. 1st we started with that fruity loops shit, but then he got a roland mc 808. And now im sick and tired of him commin to the studio with all these dope ass beats. ITS MY FUCKING TURN. I need to buy a machine that has lots of preloaded sounds and shit. just like the mc 808. Does any one have any suggestions of what i should get. I'd like to have numerous tracks as well . like 6 or more atleast. Let me know whats up.

sd-cd
09-17-2007, 04:39 PM
For now I would get Akai MPC 2000XL. Yes - the old but great machine.

I recently bought Ensoniq ASR-10 but after fuc#ing with connecting my SCSI devices now I would take Akai MPC 2000XL for sure.

Peace.

mashqauck
09-17-2007, 06:20 PM
smokebongoncliff is the homie

smokebongoncliff
09-18-2007, 02:10 AM
^sup mash. YO how yeah i was thinkin about a mpc. I might even get one that is blank and has a drum kit possiblly. i got records. tahts for the idea

smokebongoncliff
09-18-2007, 02:13 AM
yo that shits like 1,500 . when was this released

LORD ZERO
09-18-2007, 03:56 AM
^^^id stick to fl and get a ton of drumkits + vst plugs, till i get da paper up for 1

The Prime Sithesizah
09-18-2007, 09:21 AM
smh... ya be spending TOOO much money on that equipment shit... Its simple, download FL Studio 6.0.8 and you're good to go... NOTHING fucks with it..

smokebongoncliff
09-21-2007, 01:38 PM
Ive used fruity loops before. FUck that shit. It is only good for making loops. hence the name. It is time to move onto something more authentic.

Shitao
09-21-2007, 02:33 PM
Ive used fruity loops before. FUck that shit. It is only good for making loops. hence the name. It is time to move onto something more authentic.

Fuck the material. Fuck the equipment. Fuck the authentic. :cheerlie:

There is nothing more personal than "making music". Equipment is not the more important thing. You can make crazy beats on "FL" or "Reason", and a correct mixing with "Cubase" or "audition". Equipment in my opinion is not the question. There are a lot of Roland MV-8000 but only one RZA.

Buy a MPC to "be" authentic? To be a "real" producer? Not for me. I hope when I 'll buy a MPC it 'll not be for this reason.

But I'm agree on a point. Making music behind a computer give less pleasure than a MPC. Less humanized if you know what I mean. That's why I've buy a little Korg Keys. To feeling the music.

And really man, "keys+FL or reason+turntables+all the plugins/vst/Effects availables" can make really, really solid tracks. And I swear you not only loops.

sd-cd
09-21-2007, 05:17 PM