PDA

View Full Version : Catholic League outraged at comedian's comment at awards show.

check two
09-18-2007, 12:15 AM
I don't know if there is a thread somewhere about this already. If there is, my bad. But the other night at that Emmy Awards show, comedian Kathie Griffin won an award. While she was accepting the award, she said about how Jesus didn't have anything to do with her winning the award, and she said suck it Jesus. She was making a joke towards the many award winners who thank Jesus for the award time after time. The Catholic League was outraged, and the issue has become a big uproar. What are your views on this? Should the Catholic League find something more important to complain about?

EAGLE EYE
09-18-2007, 12:36 AM
The Catholic League is in no position to criticize anything at this point in time

Lex Lugor
09-18-2007, 01:11 AM
I don't know if there is a thread somewhere about this already. If there is, my bad.

hmmm you must have really got bitched at for postin the same shit as some other asshole cause i just read these exact words in the baggy pants thread ten seconds ago lol

check two
09-18-2007, 01:40 AM
lol, No I actually didn't get told about it. It's just I haven't posted much here lately, so I wasn't sure if a similar thread was already started.

Wu-Shawn
09-18-2007, 08:25 AM
Catholics are the biggest fucking hypocrites in the whole world.
Niggas don't need to be saying nothing about nothing, they fucking invaded Muslims just because they wanted cities and over blood lust.
Fuck 'em, fuck 'em in the ass.

TAURO
09-18-2007, 12:12 PM
^^Ignorant Ass

Koolish
09-18-2007, 12:54 PM
it's not like we should be outraged that these catholics are outraged. a religious personal usually has a feeling of love for their religion, not to mention their love for Jesus. she was making a joke and intending to be funny, not political, but you have to watch how far you go. the "suck it Jesus" wasn't necessary. you have to respect other people's beliefs. because she didn't respect their beliefs, they aren't respecting hers (of, i'm assuming, a non-belief).

11th Chamber
09-18-2007, 07:51 PM
I think she should be allowed to say whatever the fuck she wants.

EAGLE EYE
09-18-2007, 08:43 PM
i wonder what would happen if she said "suck it allah"

ALCATRAZ
09-18-2007, 08:46 PM
i always told myself if i got big and won an award....i'd do tha same thing... be like "i'd like to not thank god, but thank myself for this.." thumbs up to KG

Cthulhu
09-18-2007, 08:56 PM
Catholics are the biggest fucking hypocrites in the whole world.
Niggas don't need to be saying nothing about nothing, they fucking invaded Muslims just because they wanted cities and over blood lust.
Fuck 'em, fuck 'em in the ass.

The same could be said of Muhammad when he invaded Mecca.

Cthulhu
09-18-2007, 08:58 PM
it's not like we should be outraged that these catholics are outraged. a religious personal usually has a feeling of love for their religion, not to mention their love for Jesus. she was making a joke and intending to be funny, not political, but you have to watch how far you go. the "suck it Jesus" wasn't necessary. you have to respect other people's beliefs. because she didn't respect their beliefs, they aren't respecting hers (of, i'm assuming, a non-belief).

No, you shouldn't have to respect other people's beliefs when they believe in something stupid, as long as you don't cross the line to harming them physically. You shoudl be able to say whatever the fuck you want about anyone's religion. It's because of this idea that "we should be sensitive to religion" that we let extremist assholes get away with scaring us into not drawing cartoons and other ridiculous things.

Urban_Journalz
09-18-2007, 10:27 PM
The same could be said of Muhammad when he invaded Mecca.

That's called "bullshit". The conquest of Mecca was bloodless. Not only is Mecca Holy Ground, but there were believers living in the city, which is exactly why it wasn't taken sooner.

Read before you speak. And read the books by actual Islamic Scholars instead of the ones written by fellow Islamiphobes/Atheists and maybe you'll get the truth instead of an feeble opinion that's always found wanting.

Urban_Journalz
09-18-2007, 10:32 PM
To the point, I'll side with the Catholic Church to this extent; Jesus (pbuh) is viewed in Islam in the same light as all of the other Messengers. As a shining example of how we should behave.
Therefore, she went too far. If she was going to say something, she should've left it at the people themselves, because Jesus (pbuh) has no control whatsoever over what people say about him. That was just childish and stupid on her part.

As far as comedy being the excuse, I'll side with Groucho Marx's opinion, in that, "If it has to be dirty to be funny, then it isn't true comedy."

Unless they deserve it, there's nothing funny about pissing someone off.

Cthulhu
09-18-2007, 10:50 PM
To the point, I'll side with the Catholic Church to this extent; Jesus (pbuh) is viewed in Islam in the same light as all of the other Messengers. As a shining example of how we should behave.
Therefore, she went too far. If she was going to say something, she should've left it at the people themselves, because Jesus (pbuh) has no control whatsoever over what people say about him. That was just childish and stupid on her part.

As far as comedy being the excuse, I'll side with Groucho Marx's opinion, in that, "If it has to be dirty to be funny, then it isn't true comedy."

Unless they deserve it, there's nothing funny about pissing someone off.

Ok, well I don't care how Islam or Christianity views Jesus. I live in a secular country where my right to criticize is protected by law. If I want to insult Jesus, I very well should be allowed. If I want to draw mildy critical cartoons of Muhammad, I should be allowed to do so without threats on my life. If it offends you, please cry me a river and move on with your life.

Cthulhu
09-18-2007, 10:54 PM
Unless they deserve it, there's nothing funny about pissing someone off. Maybe she feels that Christians had it coming. By your definition, that's funny to those who feel that way.

Urban_Journalz
09-18-2007, 11:10 PM
Maybe she feels that Christians had it coming. By your definition, that's funny to those who feel that way.

Even so, the fact that there are some very good Christians still in the world, she should've made herself plain, instead of taking the easy route and including everyone. I believe it's called thought before action.

Cthulhu
09-18-2007, 11:14 PM
Even so, the fact that there are some very good Christians still in the world, she should've made herself plain, instead of taking the easy route and including everyone. I believe it's called thought before action.

It was comedy, not serious criticism. This had nothing to do with whether or not there are good Christians in the world. She doesn't hold Jesus sacred, so she's free to make whatever joke she wants about him.

If someone makes a joke about Scientology, do you also feel compelled to defend their faith because there are good people who practice it?

Urban_Journalz
09-18-2007, 11:22 PM
Ok, well I don't care how Islam or Christianity views Jesus. I live in a secular country where my right to criticize is protected by law. If I want to insult Jesus, I very well should be allowed. If I want to draw mildy critical cartoons of Muhammad, I should be allowed to do so without threats on my life. If it offends you, please cry me a river and move on with your life.

Since I was talking to the thread starter and not you, maybe the fact that I care even less than you do is no surprise. But then, you couldn't have known this, otherwise you wouldn't have responded. None the less, what you think, "believe" or care about is as relevant as 50's record sales. Insult who you will, when you will, as often as you will. When Death takes you, then you'll be surrounded by the very thing that you used to mock at. It's gorgeous really I think, because you're going to spend your life, if you can even call it that, in a state of mind unjust to your soul. And the cherry-on-top, is that you think your rebellion is justified! Hey, like I said, go right ahead. In fact, I hope you go further and further away from the Path, because people like you are under the sad impression that what you do or don't do affects other people. All the while forgetting that what goes around comes around. So remember, every time something you may consider bad happens to you, and it will happen, remember what you set forth before hand.

:looking:

Urban_Journalz
09-18-2007, 11:26 PM
It was comedy, not serious criticism. This had nothing to do with whether or not there are good Christians in the world. She doesn't hold Jesus sacred, so she's free to make whatever joke she wants about him.

If someone makes a joke about Scientology, do you also feel compelled to defend their faith because there are good people who practice it?

Faith? You call Scientology a Faith?! :lmao:

Hilarious, but I must say, not surprising.

Free will is free will none the less. The problem though, is that people throw away things like compassion and dignity with the stupid excuse, "I should be able to say what I want." Damn the fact that most people who say that speak with a forked-tongue right? Please. You want a society that constantly turns the other cheek. Another reason why most people are punks right now. Talkin' all day about what's right and wrong, but on the same side of the coin will say, "Well, it's a "free" country." or some such shit. And I do mean shit.

Keep typin'. Laughter burns calories.

:b

Cthulhu
09-18-2007, 11:29 PM
Since I was talking to the thread starter and not you, maybe the fact that I care even less than you do is no surprise. But then, you couldn't have known this, otherwise you wouldn't have responded. None the less, what you think, "believe" or care about is as relevant as 50's record sales. Insult who you will, when you will, as often as you will. When Death takes you, then you'll be surrounded by the very thing that you used to mock at. It's gorgeous really I think, because you're going to spend your life, if you can even call it that, in a state of mind unjust to your soul. And the cherry-on-top, is that you think your rebellion is justified! Hey, like I said, go right ahead. In fact, I hope you go further and further away from the Path, because people like you are under the sad impression that what you do or don't do affects other people. All the while forgetting that what goes around comes around. So remember, every time something you may consider bad happens to you, and it will happen, remember what you set forth before hand.

:looking:

How can you be so convinced that your beliefs are correct? What if you die and actually the Hindu god is the real one? Or what if the pagan gods of Greece or Egypt are actually the real ones? There's just as much "evidence" for their existence as the being you worship.

I'll wait and see. Right now, there's no hard evidence for any kind of god. If there is one, I would hope he would evaluate me on my conduct in life, and not how well I followed a book. The striking hypocrisy of many religious people is that they tout how immoral atheists are while many of them justify their own horrible deeds through vague scriptural passages. Does a Muslim cleric who supports the forced veiling of women, honor killings, and suicide bombing go to heaven because he believes? Do I still go to Hell, even though I may have dedicated my life to philoanthropy and helping my fellow man? If so, I wouldn't want to worship such a filthy god anyway.

Cthulhu
09-18-2007, 11:32 PM
Faith? You call Scientology a Faith?! :lmao:

Hilarious, but I must say, not surprising.

Free will is free will none the less. The problem though, is that people throw away things like compassion and dignity with the stupid excuse, "I should be able to say what I want." Damn the fact that most people who say that speak with a forked-tongue right? Please. You want a society that constantly turns the other cheek. Another reason why most people are punks right now. Talkin' all day about what's right and wrong, but on the same side of the coin will say, "Well, it's a "free" country." or some such shit. And I do mean shit.

Keep typin'. Laughter burns calories.

:bThere's a difference between speech and action.

You act as though your faith is any less ridiculous and unfounded than Scientology.

Keep typin', logical fallacies amuse me.

Urban_Journalz
09-18-2007, 11:42 PM
How can you be so convinced that your beliefs are correct? What if you die and actually the Hindu god is the real one? Or what if the pagan gods of Greece or Egypt are actually the real ones? There's just as much "evidence" for their existence as the being you worship.

I'll wait and see. Right now, there's no hard evidence for any kind of god. If there is one, I would hope he would evaluate me on my conduct in life, and not how well I followed a book. The striking hypocrisy of many religious people is that they tout how immoral atheists are while many of them justify their own horrible deeds through vague scriptural passages. Does a Muslim cleric who supports the forced veiling of women, honor killings, and suicide bombing go to heaven because he believes? Do I still go to Hell, even though I may have dedicated my life to philoanthropy and helping my fellow man? If so, I wouldn't want to worship such a filthy god anyway.

How can I be so convinced? Because I believe in the Unseen. Unlike you. I seek the Truth and all that comes with it. I don't start asking redundant questions specifically designed to start a ruckus, as opposed to gathering information.

As for the questions about those "gods", if there were any other gods in the heavens, then there would be mass confusion in both the heavens and the earth. You can sa "what if" all you like, because all that proves is how lost you are, and how comfortable in the wilderness you are.

There's just as much evidence? Prove it. Bring it forth. This should be veeeeeeeeeeeery interesting. Don't show me any statues either o.k.? Thanks.

There's never "hard eveidence" for someone like you. You think your train of "thought" is something new and profound? lol Just more proof that you haven't read anything worth reading.

As for religious people justifying their evil deeds with scripture, you should really stop stereotyping all the time. It's old, childish and another proof that your opinion is held together with spit minus the prayer that the spit wont dry. You don't want to remember the fact that the majority of people who practice all 3 major religions, condemn and disown those who practice such things. So there. The funny thing about Atheists is tha tthey try to jusitfy their willful stupidity with one line, "There's no proof!" Do you need to SEE gravity to know that it's holdin' your simple asses to the surface? Or is it just a figment of your imagination?

You can figure out the answer to that stupid question about the "Muslim" cleric, because you were the one who asked it. I don't suffer stupid questions and therefore, their left unanswered.

Talk all the shit you like kid. Like I said, you think, if you can call it thinking, that you're doing ME something? :lmao: Your mouth is only gonna get you into something that your ass can't handle. So, please, keep up the Billy-Bad-Ass role.

For all your chatter, none of you ever commit suicide to prove your point. Why, you ask, would you do such a thing? Well, if you've done all you're going to do in life, and there "is no god", then wtf do YOU have to be afraid of? Oh, oh, oh, let me guess, life is beautiful. You've met some really interesting people and you want to enjoy your time. Hmm. That just means that, aside from being afraid of what's waiting for us all on the other side, you've fallen in love with something temporary. The world and everything in it.

Nice.

Urban_Journalz
09-18-2007, 11:43 PM
There's a difference between speech and action.

You act as though your faith is any less ridiculous and unfounded than Scientology.

Keep typin', logical fallacies amuse me.

Sure there is.

My faith is the faith of all ages. You'd know that if you actually read instead of just running your mouth trying to play scholar.

And the next time you pick a punchline, take it from your own mind instead of someone else's.
There's enough biters in the world. You don't need to add to them.

check two
09-18-2007, 11:53 PM
I think the comedian who said the joke is actually Catholic, but I'm not 100 percent sure, lol I'd have to say that I agree with her joke, concerning how so many celebrities, sports players, etc. thank God for their acheivements, without really giving credit to themselves. It gets rather redundant. Maybe the world would be a better place if so many people didn't take things so seriously all the time. Laughter heals.

Cthulhu
09-18-2007, 11:53 PM
How can I be so convinced? Because I believe in the Unseen. Unlike you. I seek the Truth and all that comes with it. I don't start asking redundant questions specifically designed to start a ruckus, as opposed to gathering information.

As for the questions about those "gods", if there were any other gods in the heavens, then there would be mass confusion in both the heavens and the earth. You can sa "what if" all you like, because all that proves is how lost you are, and how comfortable in the wilderness you are.

There's just as much evidence? Prove it. Bring it forth. This should be veeeeeeeeeeeery interesting. Don't show me any statues either o.k.? Thanks.

There's never "hard eveidence" for someone like you. You think your train of "thought" is something new and profound? lol Just more proof that you haven't read anything worth reading.

As for religious people justifying their evil deeds with scripture, you should really stop stereotyping all the time. It's old, childish and another proof that your opinion is held together with spit minus the prayer that the spit wont dry. You don't want to remember the fact that the majority of people who practice all 3 major religions, condemn and disown those who practice such things. So there. The funny thing about Atheists is tha tthey try to jusitfy their willful stupidity with one line, "There's no proof!" Do you need to SEE gravity to know that it's holdin' your simple asses to the surface? Or is it just a figment of your imagination?

You can figure out the answer to that stupid question about the "Muslim" cleric, because you were the one who asked it. I don't suffer stupid questions and therefore, their left unanswered.

Talk all the shit you like kid. Like I said, you think, if you can call it thinking, that you're doing ME something? :lmao: Your mouth is only gonna get you into something that your ass can't handle. So, please, keep up the Billy-Bad-Ass role.

For all your chatter, none of you ever commit suicide to prove your point. Why, you ask, would you do such a thing? Well, if you've done all you're going to do in life, and there "is no god", then wtf do YOU have to be afraid of? Oh, oh, oh, let me guess, life is beautiful. You've met some really interesting people and you want to enjoy your time. Hmm. That just means that, aside from being afraid of what's waiting for us all on the other side, you've fallen in love with something temporary. The world and everything in it.

Nice.
Actually there is hard, concrete, provable evidence for gravity. You fail there.

You're absolutely right that most atheists enjoy life. Most humans have an innate desire to survive. Most of us atheists would rather pursue a life that makes us happy than bother killing ourselves to prove a point to religious people. Yes I'm afraid of death. Yes I'm afraid of what could be on the other side. But there's nothing to prove that YOUR version of the afterlife is the correct one. In fact, YOUR version evolved over a period of thousands of years as theologians struggled with the plotholes and logical problems of their beliefs.

The stories of the Abrahamic faith are no more provable than the veracity of the Iliad and the Odyssey. What is it that makes you so sure your faith is right? Because your god supposedly said all the other faiths are wrong? The Greeks and Romans felt the same way. How can you be so sure you're on the right side of the argument.

Asking questions, not believing everything you read, is the way to the truth. If we all submitted to your celestial dictator, human civilization would be nowhere.

Urban_Journalz
09-18-2007, 11:56 PM
Laughter may heal, but laughter at the expense of others doesn't heal the whole of the audience. Why do you think the majority of comedy that's indulged in these days is racial? It's easy, and cruel. The only reason it's accepted is because most comedians bag on everyone, so as not to leave anyone suffering. Never the less, thanking God is the person's choice. As long as it's God and no other.

They know that without Him, they couldn't have done it at all. That's the main split in society. Your God and my God are One. The only difference is, some do their duty and others don't.

Urban_Journalz
09-19-2007, 12:04 AM
Actually there is hard, concrete, provable evidence for gravity. You fail there.

You're absolutely right that most atheists enjoy life. Most humans have an innate desire to survive. Most of us atheists would rather pursue a life that makes us happy than bother killing ourselves to prove a point to religious people. Yes I'm afraid of death. Yes I'm afraid of what could be on the other side. But there's nothing to prove that YOUR version of the afterlife is the correct one. In fact, YOUR version evolved over a period of thousands of years as theologians struggled with the plotholes and logical problems of their beliefs.

The stories of the Abrahamic faith are no more provable than the veracity of the Iliad and the Odyssey. What is it that makes you so sure your faith is right? Because your god supposedly said all the other faiths are wrong? The Greeks and Romans felt the same way. How can you be so sure you're on the right side of the argument.

Asking questions, not believing everything you read, is the way to the truth. If we all submitted to your celestial dictator, human civilization would be nowhere.

All that chatter, and you still bring no proof of this "evidence" of these "gods". You're weak son.

I can show you mad evidence of the stories in The Torah, Bible and Qur'an, by one of your precious scientists no less! All you have is your opinion, trying to pass it off as fact.

You should've just admitted you had no proof instead of making yourself look like a raving idiot. But, whatever makes you happy.

Like I said, I want to see proof of these "gods" existence. If you can't bring it, and you most certainly can't, then shut up.

Asking questions, yes, but atheists ask STUPID questions. Believing everything you read?? Son, YOU HAVEN'T READ. That's your problem. You're going based on what other people have said. Looks like you're more afraid to find out or yourself than anything. Either that, or it's not that important to you. Asking questions all your life isn't going to do you any good if you don't want to live by what's said. Because if you were to ask in the right places, you'd get the answer. Trouble is, you don't want it. So don't pretend you do. It's just ugly.

If we all submitted, mankind would be nowhere? Hmmm. And I suppose this is just Paradise on Earth right?? Again, throwin out opinionas fact. At least bring a grown-up conversation and stop acting like a child. Just because you say it, it's true. And don't try to flip it on me, because like I said, unlike you, I have both faith and proof. You have neither and so all you do is foam at the mouth.

Cthulhu
09-19-2007, 12:20 AM
All that chatter, and you still bring no proof of this "evidence" of these "gods". You're weak son.

I can show you mad evidence of the stories in The Torah, Bible and Qur'an, by one of your precious scientists no less! All you have is your opinion, trying to pass it off as fact.

You should've just admitted you had no proof instead of making yourself look like a raving idiot. But, whatever makes you happy.

Like I said, I want to see proof of these "gods" existence. If you can't bring it, and you most certainly can't, then shut up.

Asking questions, yes, but atheists ask STUPID questions. Believing everything you read?? Son, YOU HAVEN'T READ. That's your problem. You're going based on what other people have said. Looks like you're more afraid to find out or yourself than anything. Either that, or it's not that important to you. Asking questions all your life isn't going to do you any good if you don't want to live by what's said. Because if you were to ask in the right places, you'd get the answer. Trouble is, you don't want it. So don't pretend you do. It's just ugly.

If we all submitted, mankind would be nowhere? Hmmm. And I suppose this is just Paradise on Earth right?? Again, throwin out opinionas fact. At least bring a grown-up conversation and stop acting like a child. Just because you say it, it's true. And don't try to flip it on me, because like I said, unlike you, I have both faith and proof. You have neither and so all you do is foam at the mouth.

Sir, I do read religious scriptures frequently. If anything, they've strengthened my conviction that they are poppycock.

I can't prove to you that pagan gods exist, just like I can't prove that monotheist gods exist. That's the point I was trying to make.

You're confusing historical basis with the actual content of the Abrahamic texts. While there is certainly historical evidence that many of the events described in the Bible and Quran have a verifiable historical counterpart, that doesn't prove that what Allah says about modest dress, sexual conduct, or diet is necessary to abide by. It doesn't even prove he's real.

Krimewave
09-19-2007, 07:43 AM
fuck the catholic league

Sexy Jasper
09-19-2007, 09:30 AM
How come religious people always get offended when someone says something bad about their jesus, god, allah whoever? As if what they are saying about non believers couldn't offend someone like me. They act like they have the monopoly on being offended.

Sean
09-19-2007, 09:58 AM
i wonder what would happen if she said "suck it allah"

:lmao:

Cthulhu
09-19-2007, 10:18 AM
How come religious people always get offended when someone says something bad about their jesus, god, allah whoever? As if what they are saying about non believers couldn't offend someone like me. They act like they have the monopoly on being offended.

Exactly. How long have atheists had to endure persecution under theocricies? How many times was rational thought suppressed when it crossed the "teachings" of the religious clerics?

I shouldn't have to respect someone who wants to implement pseudo-science in schools. I shouldn't have to respect someone's belief that I'm eternally damned for not having an imaginary friend. I don't care, sir. Take your Jesus, take your Muhammad, take your covenants and laws, and go elsewhere with them. I do not care to follow them.

Urban_Journalz
09-19-2007, 06:14 PM
Sir, I do read religious scriptures frequently. If anything, they've strengthened my conviction that they are poppycock.

I can't prove to you that pagan gods exist, just like I can't prove that monotheist gods exist. That's the point I was trying to make.

You're confusing historical basis with the actual content of the Abrahamic texts. While there is certainly historical evidence that many of the events described in the Bible and Quran have a verifiable historical counterpart, that doesn't prove that what Allah says about modest dress, sexual conduct, or diet is necessary to abide by. It doesn't even prove he's real.

Like I said. Until and unless you bring forth your proof that you spoke of, you just continue to prove that your "point" is invalid and only carries weight with people who would rather rebel and trade the Hereafter for the life of this world. Because that's all it boils down to. You can fool yourself into believing anything you like, because if you're happy, I'm thrilled.

If you shouldn't have to respect someone's religion to the extent that you'll take another childish route and resort to bad-mouthing, then you and every other atheist like you should be labeled the dumbest of the dumb. The best part of your stupidity, is that it's been made acceptable in your eyes and you're not even aware of it's existence. But at the same time, most of you pretend to know more than others, have the ability to read between the lines, etc. You're a joke.

Now go ahead and answer for the sake of getting the last word, because that's your nature. Just know that you'll henceforth be ignored.

Urban_Journalz
09-19-2007, 06:19 PM

Action, re-action. Deal with it. It's called casualties of war. Like it or not, there's always a right and a wrong in all battles. In truth, non-believers get what's coming to them when they're talked about like dogs.

Though the believers may be offended, we have the comfort of knowing that there is a life after this one, and the fact that we strive with might and force all our lives, we can truely rest in peace. Unlike most of you, who think, or hope rather, that all there is, is the life of this world, and that there are no consequences for your actions. Most of you are just pissed because you have no faith, and hate those who do. And in your hatred, try to break that faith with nothing but horrendously stupid questions to try and make your "point" therewith.

"Sit down, take a lesson and stop guessin'"-Killah Priest

Sexy Jasper
09-19-2007, 06:51 PM
Action, re-action. Deal with it. It's called casualties of war. Like it or not, there's always a right and a wrong in all battles. In truth, non-believers get what's coming to them when they're talked about like dogs.

Though the believers may be offended, we have the comfort of knowing that there is a life after this one, and the fact that we strive with might and force all our lives, we can truely rest in peace. Unlike most of you, who think, or hope rather, that all there is, is the life of this world, and that there are no consequences for your actions. Most of you are just pissed because you have no faith, and hate those who do. And in your hatred, try to break that faith with nothing but horrendously stupid questions to try and make your "point" therewith.

"Sit down, take a lesson and stop guessin'"-Killah PriestI sense so much hatred coming from this enlightened believer, I take relief in the fact that I don't have an imaginary friend.

The only thing that pisses me off or saddens me is the 'holier than thou' attitude of most god fearing creatures. Some times I see things on tv that offend me too, but unlike the sheepish herd of believers, I toughen up and don't whine about it.

The things you believe in are bullshit, until proven otherwise.

check two
09-19-2007, 11:47 PM
I always thought that the only 'stupid' question was the one that wasn't asked?

Cthulhu
09-20-2007, 08:58 PM
Like I said. Until and unless you bring forth your proof that you spoke of, you just continue to prove that your "point" is invalid and only carries weight with people who would rather rebel and trade the Hereafter for the life of this world. Because that's all it boils down to. You can fool yourself into believing anything you like, because if you're happy, I'm thrilled.

If you shouldn't have to respect someone's religion to the extent that you'll take another childish route and resort to bad-mouthing, then you and every other atheist like you should be labeled the dumbest of the dumb. The best part of your stupidity, is that it's been made acceptable in your eyes and you're not even aware of it's existence. But at the same time, most of you pretend to know more than others, have the ability to read between the lines, etc. You're a joke.

Now go ahead and answer for the sake of getting the last word, because that's your nature. Just know that you'll henceforth be ignored.You call it bad-mouthing, but you fail to realize I see you're beliefs as a threat to my free-thought. Perhaps not from you in particular, but your belief system is a harbor for irrational discourse and oppression of free-thought. Thus, I call you out for the irrationalities you espouse.

I feel that your beliefs are a serious threat to the modern world, and thus I rebuke them with all the emotion invested in me. You call me an atheist and Islamophobe as if those words should offend me. Atheist simply means I have no belief in God, so I wear this as a badge of pride, free of any of the moral stigma you try to attach to it. Islamophobe may be correct, for, indeed, I do fear your religion because of its potential toward horrendous acts of inhumanity. You use "Islamophobe" as one might use the word "homophobe", to describe an irrational fear or hatred. But my fear and hatred of your beliefs are not based on prejudice, but rather its capacity to elicit the worst natures of humankind. We don't have words like "Naziphobe" for someone who find the equally absurd ideas of Hitler detestable. I don't see people calling the criticism of facism "bad-mouthing."

Ask yourself, when's the last time you heard of a secular humanist suicide bomber?

WARPATH
09-24-2007, 12:23 PM
You call it bad-mouthing, but you fail to realize I see you're beliefs as a threat to my free-thought. Perhaps not from you in particular, but your belief system is a harbor for irrational discourse and oppression of free-thought. Thus, I call you out for the irrationalities you espouse.

I feel that your beliefs are a serious threat to the modern world, and thus I rebuke them with all the emotion invested in me. You call me an atheist and Islamophobe as if those words should offend me. Atheist simply means I have no belief in God, so I wear this as a badge of pride, free of any of the moral stigma you try to attach to it. Islamophobe may be correct, for, indeed, I do fear your religion because of its potential toward horrendous acts of inhumanity. You use "Islamophobe" as one might use the word "homophobe", to describe an irrational fear or hatred. But my fear and hatred of your beliefs are not based on prejudice, but rather its capacity to elicit the worst natures of humankind. We don't have words like "Naziphobe" for someone who find the equally absurd ideas of Hitler detestable. I don't see people calling the criticism of facism "bad-mouthing."

Ask yourself, when's the last time you heard of a secular humanist suicide bomber?

Religious people and Ideas are not a threat to you or your free thought.

Bad people and their ideas, could be a threat to your health.

A bad person is a bad person despite their beliefs.

A person could use their belief in God to justify hurting someone else just the same way that a person who doesn't believe in God.

Cthulhu
09-25-2007, 09:39 PM
Religious people and Ideas are not a threat to you or your free thought.

Bad people and their ideas, could be a threat to your health.

A bad person is a bad person despite their beliefs.

A person could use their belief in God to justify hurting someone else just the same way that a person who doesn't believe in God.
Yes, but it takes religious beliefs to make a good person do something horrible like blow themselves up in a crowded marketplace. Once you have a person indocrinated into a way of thinking, it doesn't matter if they are "good" or "evil", they're going to do it because they have been brainwashed into thinking that will give them salvation.

And where do these bad people get their bad ideas?

From books that say things like:

2:191 And slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution is worse than slaughter. And fight not with them at the Inviolable Place of Worship until they first attack you there, but if they attack you (there) then slay them. Such is the reward of disbelievers.

4:89 They long that ye should disbelieve even as they disbelieve, that ye may be upon a level (with them). So choose not friends from them till they forsake their homes in the way of Allah; if they turn back (to enmity) then take them and kill them wherever ye find them, and choose no friend nor helper from among them,

4: 91 Ye will find others who desire that they should have security from you, and security from their own folk. So often as they are returned to hostility they are plunged therein. If they keep not aloof from you nor offer you peace nor hold their hands, then take them and kill them wherever ye find them. Against such We have given you clear warrant.

5:33 The only reward of those who make war upon Allah and His messenger and strive after corruption in the land will be that they will be killed or crucified, or have their hands and feet on alternate sides cut off, or will be expelled out of the land. Such will be their degradation in the world, and in the Hereafter theirs will be an awful doom;

5:38 As for the thief, both male and female, cut off their hands. It is the reward of their own deeds, an exemplary punishment from Allah. Allah is Mighty, Wise.

9:111 Lo! Allah hath bought from the believers their lives and their wealth because the Garden will be theirs: they shall fight in the way of Allah and shall slay and be slain. It is a promise which is binding on Him in the Torah and the Gospel and the Qur'an. Who fulfilleth His covenant better than Allah ? Rejoice then in your bargain that ye have made, for that is the supreme triumph.

Is it really that hard to figure out why the middle east is so fucked up right now?

Would you like me to go through the Bible next?

Huggasaurus Sex
09-25-2007, 09:48 PM
http://xtopher42.googlepages.com/cthulhu-1024.jpg