PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite piece of literature?

ALCATRAZ
09-18-2007, 05:05 PM
It can be a book from ancient history or a recent magazine you love to read.... what piece of literature do you value most?

my favorite is definitely The Autobiography of Malcolm X.. it was a joint venture with Alex Haley but its purely Malcolms thoughts, translated through Haley....it's a great book, required reading for any American citizen or ANY wutang fan.....voice off niggaz

T-Mac
10-24-2007, 05:32 PM
It can be a book from ancient history or a recent magazine you love to read.... what piece of literature do you value most?

my favorite is definitely The Autobiography of Malcolm X.. it was a joint venture with Alex Haley but its purely Malcolms thoughts, translated through Haley....it's a great book, required reading for any American citizen or ANY wutang fan.....voice off niggaz

That's one of my favorite books! Have you read Revolutionary Suicide, by Huey P. Newton? One of my favorites, and a must read for any citizen.

Z-0
11-26-2007, 11:40 PM
I have two:

The Sickness Unto Death - Soren Kierkegaard
Either/Or - Soren Kierkegaard

But I haven't picked up a book in a while. Probably time to do so again.

Asasasin
01-31-2008, 08:27 AM
i liked a catcher in the rye but ive read very little books

Tyler Durden
01-31-2008, 09:24 AM
I mainly read autobiographies & biographies.
If it’s not a biography then its probably a book that was made into a film.
I've got the books to my three favorite films
I’ve got 'American Psycho', 'Fight Club' and 'Stand by Me' (The Body)
The books tend to delve a lot deeper, (or just get sicker in the case of American Psycho)
But I read all of these after I'd seen the films.
The only one I read before I'd seen the film was 'Davinci Code'

Asasasin
02-01-2008, 08:46 PM
1984 is a good book

Guarded By Martyrs
03-02-2008, 01:52 AM
Yeah really want to get that book^
I've heard a lot of heads represent for that book
And it's also the year I was born !!!!

I like the speech "The Architect" does from Matrix Revolutions...Does that count ?

I need to pick up a book soon for real...
It's finding the time.

Olive Oil Goombah
03-29-2008, 08:49 PM
The autobiography of Malcolm X was a totally engrossing book. Changed my view of the man.
I've read so many great books, I can't really pick a favorite tho. There is really nothing more satisfying than reading a good book. How it captivates your imagination and you create your own imagery...

Longbongcilvaringz
03-31-2008, 07:43 PM
From Re reading On the Road recently...

i think its my favoiurite piece of writing.

Maccabee Ridah
10-01-2008, 05:29 PM
Currently, the best piece I've ever read is When The Sun Was God by Zenon Kosidowski!!! I'm intending to read The Art of War by Sun Tzu next!!

P.E.A.C.E.

Ritter
10-03-2008, 06:01 AM
1984 is a good book

This.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
10-03-2008, 04:52 PM
The autobiography of Malcolm X was a totally engrossing book. Changed my view of the man.
I've read so many great books, I can't really pick a favorite tho. There is really nothing more satisfying than reading a good book. How it captivates your imagination and you create your own imagery...

yeah this is a very dope book as well as well The Color Purple by Alicia Walker and Howl by Allen Ginsberg

Tecknowledgist
12-30-2008, 10:15 PM
Dante - The Divine Comedy

and

Ovid - Metamorphoses

THE MASON
12-30-2008, 11:35 PM
the best book i have read recently was simply called NAM and i cant remember the writer.

but overall its gotta be between Art of War by Sun Tzu or Paradise Lost by John Milton but i enjoy reading some Shakespeare if i got time

Tecknowledgist
12-30-2008, 11:37 PM
^^shit i forgot paradise lost. that's the third one

THE MASON
12-30-2008, 11:41 PM
^ one of the best reads i ever had

the way it was written was a trip and jsut the content was mind altering

one of the best parts is the convo between Satan and Sin and Death before he travels into Chaos

War and Peace
12-31-2008, 01:51 PM
THE SPIRIT OF CHRIST'S TEACHINGS by Leo Tolstoy-

dude basically proves that Jesus is God's Son.

he uses the simplest but illest demonstrations-

War and Peace
12-31-2008, 01:57 PM
^like one he wrote was referring to those who seek proof that Jesus is the Light

he said its like when you enter a room and you can see everything in the room, but you dont see a lamp, maybe the lamp is behind you or over your head-

you dont need proof that theres a lamp there, as long as you can see you know theres light-

Tolstoy drops all kinds of science like that

oDoUoSoKo
12-31-2008, 07:15 PM
The Last Temptation of Christ

THE MASON
02-10-2009, 10:50 AM
Dante's Inferno

One of my all time favourite pieces of literature

Enoch
08-30-2009, 05:23 PM
The Kybalion is the best book ive read so far, and i read a lot.

The Autobiography of Malcolm is one of the greatest books ever, it was the first book i really read because i wanted to, i think i was in 8th grade. It was very influential on me.

Shogah
11-23-2009, 07:20 PM
Crime and Punishment from Dostoyevsky. IF you are believer in god, and christian especially , read this.

anyway really good book, it kept my attention all the way through.