PDA

View Full Version : Religion is fucking up this world

DJMethods
09-19-2007, 04:20 PM
I'm pretty flopped but fuck it, I need to vent.

I'm not bashing the idea of God, or Jesus, or anything like that, just religion.

Religion isn't about peace.
Religion isn't about equality.
Religion isn't about mankind.
Religion is about POWER.

Religious leaders have more power over the way we think then any Government in the world. They control what people do, how they do it, why they do it, their fears, their loves, their lifestyles, they control everything.

Yet the reason most people become religious is because they're scared of hell. There's 50 million (Give or take millions) religions in the world, all preaching different things with sheep that follow them. These sheep then live their life their way, then the other 49 million disagree, then they disagree with eachother, and because people are so tied up in the fact that their religion is right, they forget about peace, equality and mankind. It turns to hate, which turns to violence.

Believe in God and be a good person. Live your life being good, life your life respecting others, life your life however you feel, but ffs, recognise people have differences of opinion and live YOUR life without trying to control theirs.

Even goes for Atheists. I'm not religious and believe in God. I don't believe in creation or that he "punishes" us. God is energy around us, think bad, do bad, speak bad, and bad things happen because you're full of bad energy. Do good, be good, and think good, you'll most likely end up happy despite not living the perfect life.

I needed to rant, I'm becoming a hippie I think. Is there a religion for hippies?

V4D3R
09-19-2007, 09:45 PM
Nice thread and points.

TSA
09-20-2007, 12:31 AM
personally i think the world is fucking up religion.

Make~Sensi*
09-20-2007, 06:23 AM
When Idiots join a religion.......which will no doubt have happened over the centuries.....that fucks up religion......

Red Necks believe that even Catholics(the thing their religion came from) are heathens and think anyone different is a peice of shit...and they act upon this.
Extreme Muslims still wanna KILL!!! in God's Name!!!???..i wouldn't be too pleased if i was God..lmao..Tricked by the devil.
And yeah the past...lmao...i cba explainin that..

WARPATH
09-20-2007, 02:12 PM
Religion bashing is a waste of energy.

Only two things will happen:

You'll get people who agree or disagree.

Longbongcilvaringz
09-20-2007, 02:24 PM
its always the whole chicken and the egg thing, do people fuck up religio or does religion fuck up people.

shinobi4227
09-20-2007, 03:25 PM
Believe in God and be a good person. Live your life being good, life your life respecting others, life your life however you feel, but ffs, recognise people have differences of opinion and live YOUR life without trying to control theirs.

Very true! i belive that God is in your heart, you jus have to find him.

shinobi4227
09-20-2007, 03:28 PM
Religon is another form of mordern day brainwashing.

Koolish
09-20-2007, 04:27 PM
Religon is another form of mordern day brainwashing.
i didn't know that "modern day" involved the beginning of civilization.

i find that when i was freely and constantly practicing religion everything you claim it is was never witnessed by me. maybe it's just america.

there is this idea that once you "follow" a religion, you have automatically subjected yourself to becoming intellectually inferior to all those who question it. to be quite honest this notion sickens me, i cannot stand people who somehow believe they are over and above others because of the way they interpret information.

i mean a mother fucking MONK is the father of GENETICS.

WARPATH
09-24-2007, 01:03 PM

i find that when i was freely and constantly practicing religion everything you claim it is was never witnessed by me. maybe it's just america.

there is this idea that once you "follow" a religion, you have automatically subjected yourself to becoming intellectually inferior to all those who question it. to be quite honest this notion sickens me, i cannot stand people who somehow believe they are over and above others because of the way they interpret information.

People who believe they have a superior way of thinking can be considered intellectually inferior because they eleminate people they can learn from.

You can always learn from someone else.

Bis Fan
09-24-2007, 01:45 PM
It really just depends, but I guess you're right

DJMethods
09-24-2007, 01:52 PM

I'll try to clarify cause i was on a shitload of vallies when I posted the first post.

It's not so much religion, or the beliefs that religions hold, it's the way the gain control of people. It's a choice, nobody is forced into religion (Debatable, but we'll leave that I reckon cause its a big sidetrack) but religion is power.

It's based off of fear. "Do this or go to hell", "follow this and this will happen", when really nobody knows. I'm not saying science is right either, but we are animals. Having sexual urges isn't bad, having sex isn't a bad thing, yet sex before marriage is? Thats warped, and I know I won't go to hell for it. Just like I know if I sacrafice myself now virgins in heaven are coming my way.

Violence is an instinct, there will never be complete peace in this world just like there's not in the jungle, we've just created a conscience through education which dictates whats right and whats wrong. The ironic prt about this, we gained education which has helped us evolve as a civilization while at the same time destroy us as one. We're filled with morals from a young age and I've still got no clue as to why some of these exist. Tell a kid when he's growing up "blacks are bad" and he'll believe it without knowing why, he'll create reasons to believe it. Same with the morals, religion creates morals which aren't healthy for ANIMALS and inturn puts pressure on them to not do things we were born to do. We have instincts, the brain is good but try controlling instincts your whole life.

How is appreaciating the opposite sex a sin? I love all women, I respect all women, they offer things no man can and I don't mean sex. Most won't admit it, but ever woken up next to a chick and thought "shit, todays gonna be good"? Ever rooted a girl and after felt like a part of her? It's not sex, it's peace, it's love, it's why we live. Yet showing love and being happy isn't allowed and is a sin by the religious conscience? Thats not right.

I'm all for belief in God, I'm all for no stealing, killing, and lots of other "sins". But, why let something which may or may not be true dictate the way you live? Millions of people do. They call it "having faith", but how is that a good thing? They belittle eachother, kill eachother, control lives and countries, thought patterns - Something which is intended for peace has caused more harm then anything in the world, all because of these morals which are imprinted on the brain telling them whats right. Then someone says "No, this is right", which makes a person fear, makes them angry, and they fight to prove something which doesn't need any proving.

Live life, believe in God, beieve that George Bush is Jesus, believe what the fuck you want but why not live it with your own beliefs and not let fear control you? What happens after life I'll know later on, but for now, I'm gonna enjoy the finer side of it with a joint and sex. Guess it's hell for me.

(BTW: I don't mean you specifically)

begongo
09-24-2007, 02:40 PM
nah man
Nation Of Islam owns the truth ! .... because ... we all know ... WHITE PEOPLE ARE DEVILS! hahah i never get tired of this joke

well, on-topic, i mostly agree that religion is fucking up this world ... but .. on the other hand ... i think the people are the ones really responsible, if humans wouldn`t exist, than religion, wars and segregation wouldn`t exist
simple as that

WARPATH
09-24-2007, 05:48 PM
It doesn't matter what relgion a person practices, if they want to hurt you they will. If they can justify it through their relgion, then it makes it easier for them to live with their choices.

Religion isn't the problem. It's stupid people that are the real issue. Stupid people are the ones fucking up this world.

Drunken Monk
11-04-2008, 07:40 PM

I'm not bashing the idea of God, or Jesus, or anything like that, just religion.

Religion is about POWER.

Religious leaders have more power over the way we think then any Government in the world. They control what people do, how they do it, why they do it, their fears, their loves, their lifestyles, they control everything.

Yet the reason most people become religious is because they're scared of hell. There's 50 million (Give or take millions) religions in the world, all preaching different things with sheep that follow them. These sheep then live their life their way, then the other 49 million disagree, then they disagree with eachother, and because people are so tied up in the fact that their religion is right, they forget about peace, equality and mankind. It turns to hate, which turns to violence.

Even goes for Atheists. I'm not religious and believe in God. I don't believe in creation or that he "punishes" us. God is energy around us, think bad, do bad, speak bad, and bad things happen because you're full of bad energy. Do good, be good, and think good, you'll most likely end up happy despite not living the perfect life.

I needed to rant, I'm becoming a hippie I think. Is there a religion for hippies?

religion is a virus!

Face of the Golden Falcon
11-04-2008, 09:15 PM
P.E.A.C.E and Blessings...

Guns don't kill people, people kill people...

this is the same thing...

Religion isn't fucking up this world people are fucking up this world.

This is something I posted in another thread...

Religion has little to do with it. Aside from the fact that most of the organised religions of today and of the past 2000 odd years have been poor representations of what religion is supposed to be, religion is not the problem. The problem is that the majority of men live through the lower part of the spirit instead of being guided by the supreme intelligence that manifests through the higher faculties of the spirit.

If religion were gone, man would find another reason to shed and spill blood. This can be observed even on the smallest scale. The way to over come behavioural problems is not to eliminate that which triggers the unwanted behaviour, but to eliminate the unwanted behaviour itself. If the spirit is conditioned towards jealousy, greed, selfishness, anger, hate etc. then unless you live in complete isolation (which defeats the purpose of living; experience!) you will always find something to which these conditionings will be triggered.

Eliminating religion, money, social status and what ever else there is that men act like savages over will not accomplish anything in the long run. It's like a bandaid for a severed limb. We must address behavioural conditionings at their core from a whole being perspective.

SHEM HETEP

oDoUoSoKo
11-04-2008, 09:19 PM
this thread is a gift from MAN...eloels, seriously, i agree.

oDoUoSoKo
11-04-2008, 09:22 PM

Guns don't kill people, people kill people...

this is the same thing...

Religion isn't fucking up this world people are fucking up this world.

This is something I posted in another thread...

SHEM HETEP
religion cant exist without people, dont be such a politician.

Visionz
11-04-2008, 09:32 PM

Religion is about POWER.

its called being a pothead :lmao:

11-04-2008, 09:38 PM
P.E.A.C.E and Blessings Dusk...

religion cant exist without people, dont be such a politician.

...all this does is re-affirm what I said. The fact that religion can't exist without people is proof that we need to stop trying to treat the symptoms (religion) and start addressing the sickness at its core by looking at MAN from a whole being perspective.

SHEM HETEP

Mic Tyson
11-04-2008, 10:53 PM
if u guys knew 120 then you wouldn't have any problems

Black Man
03-24-2009, 04:56 PM
if u guys knew 120 then you wouldn't have any problems

:cheerlie:

DR. NICK RIVIERA
03-24-2009, 05:20 PM
I agree with the thread starter.

It's like this with me. I believe the biggest gift one man or woman can get is life. The second gift is being free, having your own choices and beliefs. I know I must never ever say religion and faith is the same thing. I know my girlfriend has strong fate in God, but she isn't religious...she saw a lot of dumb things that Catholics did, so she's really against them...but still at first I had problems with her believing in God...me being almost a total nihilist [big fan of George Carlin] and her having being a young disciple of God [I don't know, but some people believe she is going to be an oracle of some sort, I don't know, I just laugh at that bullshit].

I'm reading the Bible more closely now, I hate it how people think everything is true in it, but otherwise, it's mostly a book of morals and peace. I like that, even tho there were more books like that in the dark ages, but those were burned [well, u know the story].

My girlfriend once said she takes faith literary. The strength to live comes from having faith in this and that, and listening to God's voice. She said God said to her, to stay with me and she will be happy forever........so lol, even if I really am a nihilist, what if she didn't believe in God? Would she be the same as now? Would she still hate the world and see me as her savior? lol....it's funny thinking about it...

Ok, to finally get to my point. Even tho I don't like when people commit to some God, because u can have a good soul even if u don't believe in a higher being, my girlfriend is my proof, that when people believe in something for the good of it, and don't just make up stuff so you can live in your lies [sadly, I know people like that], than faith is a good thing. Also if u aren't controlled by any woman or man...mentally or otherwise.

I hope I didn't complicate anything too much.

Edgar Erebus
03-24-2009, 06:31 PM
Black Man is back and bumping all old wack threads to make impact.

Rhyme intended.

snapple
03-24-2009, 06:50 PM

Religion is about POWER.

you lack understanding.

you are ignorant.

i'm not going to say what religion "is about" because i go off the bible. i'm ignorant to other religions...

religious leaders and the government do have a lot of power, thats a given.

i think its foolish for you to think you kno why most people are religious. who do u think u are?..

u got a lot of thoughts crammed into one post....im just nit picking the shit i dont agree with....

but i do sort of get what you're trying to say.

relegion unfortunatly is a tool of evil men sometimes.. it is what it is my friend....the rightous and wise kno whats really good...and so does god....

snapple
03-24-2009, 06:54 PM
PEACE slippy and the golden falcon wrapped it up already...

Art Vandelay
03-24-2009, 07:07 PM
"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." -Steven Weinberg

Uncle Steezo
03-24-2009, 08:26 PM
"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." -Steven Weinberg

tell that to the millions of Nazis

03-24-2009, 09:09 PM

:(W

No offense but that quote is stupid. Firstly no one is absolutely good and no one is absolutely evil. Everyone has the conflict of duality within them. Yeah for some, religion can be the right trigger for them to manifest evil, but for others it doesn't. For others it is another trigger. And so long as people keep looking outside themselves for an answer to their problems without first looking within then they will continue to do evil in the name of religion, money, power etc. and others like yourself will continue to blame religion, money, power etc as the root cause of the evil that is committed.

SHEM HETEP

Art Vandelay
03-24-2009, 09:57 PM
falcon, in general do you consider yourself a good or evil person? i would guess that you consider yourself good. now, if you didn't believe whatever religion you believe in, do you think you would be evil? why should a god change how you treat people? if the only reason you are good is because you fear a god or devil or hell or whatever it is, then how does that make you a good person? good people do good things because they are good, not because they are afraid of what god will do to them.

just like the saying Oppurtunity makes the thief, the same would hold true with religious people then. oppurtunity makes the sinner. if somebody needs the fear of god to be good, then if they knew god wasn't watching them for a a moment, they would sin.

03-25-2009, 12:13 AM
P.E.A.C.E and Blessings Art...

falcon, in general do you consider yourself a good or evil person? i would guess that you consider yourself good. now, if you didn't believe whatever religion you believe in, do you think you would be evil? why should a god change how you treat people? if the only reason you are good is because you fear a god or devil or hell or whatever it is, then how does that make you a good person? good people do good things because they are good, not because they are afraid of what god will do to them.

just like the saying Oppurtunity makes the thief, the same would hold true with religious people then. oppurtunity makes the sinner. if somebody needs the fear of god to be good, then if they knew god wasn't watching them for a a moment, they would sin.

I use religion as a means to help me progress along a journey. Like a map. It has little to do with belief. Although some is required. It's like all the different religions of the world are fragments of a complete picture. The trouble is a lot of different people have tried to take these fragments and added to them, to try and form a complete map. But they have done so out of ignorance. Sometimes with malicious intent, sometimes not. So it is up to me to piece together that which goes together and throw away the bullshit. It's not enough for me to be "good in general", unless I live in complete accordance with the Laws of the Universe (Maat) and have realized my true Self as one with All, then the journey is not over (and even then it is just beginning).

I'm probably getting of track here, but basically I am saying no I wouldn't be evil if there was no religion. This is because no one is evil, we are all good in essence, we are simply on different parts of the journey, some of us are ahead of others, most of us are behind someone, but it doesn't matter because the destination is the same.

Religion, if approached with an open, yet critical mind is an effective tool for advancing on the journey.

I understand what you are saying and I agree that a lot of religious people think that they need some spook god telling them to be good, or the fear of hell to force them to be good. We differ in that it seems that you think religion is the problem, where as I see it as an effective tool, however it is misused by most people. The problem then lies not in religion itself, but in people and their ignorance of how to use it (and other things) as a tool to become better people.

SHEM HETEP

The Hound
03-25-2009, 12:22 AM
The real deaf, dumb and blind are those who follow religious teachings because they're not yet able to live life without the aid of someone elses ideaology.

Following religion is like riding a bike with the training wheels still on.

Training Wheels.

03-25-2009, 12:28 AM
^

...don't act like you don't still need training wheels sometimes. You cant tell me you don't fall on your butt from time to time.

The real dumb, deaf and blind are those who are so arrogant that they think that they don't need any help in life.

Visionz
03-25-2009, 12:37 AM
the smart man knows he knows next to nothing at all

The Hound
03-25-2009, 01:11 AM
^

...don't act like you don't still need training wheels sometimes. You cant tell me you don't fall on your butt from time to time.

The real dumb, deaf and blind are those who are so arrogant that they think that they don't need any help in life.

I fall off the proverbial bike without training wheels so i can learn to ride said proverbial bike without training wheels at all.

Did you interpret that as being so arrogant that I didn't need help in life? HA. Don't get bitter, get better.

Art Vandelay
03-25-2009, 10:06 PM

The problem then lies not in religion itself, but in people and their ignorance of how to use it

thank you. you just proved the quote which you said wasn't true

03-25-2009, 11:55 PM
^

no I didn't. My understanding of that quote is that it is blaming religion for good people doing bad things. What I said was that religion isn't the problem, it's peoples ignorance that is the problem. Hence for good people to do bad things, for anyone to do bad things (whether they are "generally" good or bad) it takes ignorance of themselves.