PDA

View Full Version : The Sad, Anti-Semitic Truth by Askia Muhammad

lord patch
09-19-2007, 03:25 PM
The Sad, Anti-Semitic Truth by Askia Muhammad
Category: News and Politics

The Sad, Anti-Semitic Truth by Askia Muhammad
Posted by: "Obiozor Okeke" obiozorokeke@

Minister Farrakhan: "They [the Jews] are the greatest controllers of Black minds, Black intelligence. They write the scripts -- the foolish scripts on television that our people portray. They are the movie moguls that feature us
in these silly, degrading, degenerate roles. The great recording companies that portray our people in such a filthy and low-rating way, yet they would not allow such a man as Michael Jackson to say one word that they thought would besmirch their reputation, but they put us before the world as clowns
and as purveyors of filth. No, I will fight that."

Meet The Press interview, 10/18/98

Minister Farrakhan: "And you do with me as is written, but remember that I have warned you that Allah (God) will punish you. You are wicked deceivers of the American people. You have sucked their blood. You are not real Jews, those of you that are not real Jews. You are the synagogue of Satan, and you
have wrapped your tentacles around the U.S. government, and you are deceiving and sending this nation to hell. But I warn you in the name of Allah (God), you would be wise to leave me alone. But if you choose to crucify me, know that Allah (God) will crucify you."

Saviours' Day Speech, Chicago, 2/25/96

----------------------------------------------------------
- http://www.blackjournalism.com/

The Sad, Anti-Semitic Truth
Published by Askia Muhammad September 16th, 2007 in Capitol-ism, The Race and Faith.

"The canard that a powerful Jewish lobby controls the media is a well known anti-Semitic staple," writes Pulitzer Prize winning columnist Colbert I. King in The Washington Post. But.

The canard that a powerful Jewish lobby controls the media…is true!

First, the Mea Culpa. I regret having to repeat this out loud, but I must say what has been on my heart for a long time. I am not a hater of Jewish people. I know that I may have already crossed a line. But I am not a hater of Jewish people.

Good column Colby.

Colbert King's column takes Rep. Jim Moran (D-Va.) to task for telling the September-October issue of Tikkun, an interfaith, progressive Jewish magazine, "…If you cross AIPAC, AIPAC is unforgiving and will destroy you politically. Their means of communication, their ties to certain newspapers and magazines, and to individuals in the media are substantial and
intimidating."

That's a mouthful, also true.

"Who are the individuals in the media with AIPAC ties?" Mr. King writes. Good question.

Personally, I don't know anything about the American Israel Public Affairs Committee. I have many, many, many, many personal experiences at National Public Radio however, where I am certain racial, religious, and/or cultural bias against me, always overruled intellectual or journalistic merit! And, I will document with names, dates Chapter and Verse, when an editor's Jewishness was the last word, settling an editorial disagreement with me. End of conversation. End of career as NPR commentator.

But first, let me carefully describe this environment. Rep. Moran warns that, "if you cross AIPAC, AIPAC is unforgiving and will destroy you politically."

If you don't believe people have been politically destroyed, examine the careers of these individuals who ended up in the cross-hairs: former Illinois Republican Sen. Charles Percy; former Illinois Democrat Adlai Stevenson III; former Arkansas Democratic Sen. J. William Fulbright; former California
Republican Rep. Paul McCloskey; according to a nine-week Washington Post best-selling book They Dare To Speak Out: People and Institutions Confront Israel's Lobby, written by former Illinois Republican Rep. Paul Findley, who served 22 years in Congress.

Now. Back to National Public Radio.

In October 1995, I had been doing commentaries for NPR's All Things Considered off-and-on since 1981. I proposed a commentary about the upcoming Million Man March. "This is not the first mass, Black demonstration. This is the first mass Black demonstration, controlled by Blacks, not by Whites," was my contention.

"That's not true, Askia," I was told by Ellen Weiss, then Executive Producer of ATC. "It is true," I insisted. And I cited several instances of White control of mass Black protest marches.

The first was a march that did not happen. In 1941 Sleeping Car Porters Union leader A. Philip Randolph proposed a mass civil rights march in New York. Negroes were getting angry in America. World War II approached. Gov. Fiorella
LaGuardia personally called Mr. Randolph, asking him to cancel the march. The march was canceled.

We know that the 1963 March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom would not have been possible without labor union financial as well as in-kind-support…White unions. By the time the 20th Anniversary and 30th Anniversary commemorations
of The March in 1983 and 1993 took place, that aspect of The Civil Rights Movement had long ago surrendered its self determination in the face of White liberal control.

"Not true Askia."

"It is true."

"Even though Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan was permitted to speak at the 20th Anniversary of the March on Washington, he was not permitted to speak at the 30th Anniversary event, at the expressed insistence of Rabbi
David Sapperstein, in a fax sent to Mrs. Coretta Scott King, the Rev. Andrew Young, the NAACP, and others," I continued.

"Askia. I have to cut you off," Ellen told me. "David is my husband."

End of conversation. End of NPR career for the next six years.

I know that's not about AIPAC, Colby. But back in 1995 I was not talking about anything Jewish with ATC's Executive Producer. I was talking about White control of Black dissent, versus Black control, which is what the Million Man March represented to me in that context.

My fair, editorial opinion was trumped by the Jewishness of my editor! I regret having to say it that way.

I'm sure it happens again and again, all the time. If not overtly, as in my case, in more subtle ways every single day, even in self-censorship which is everywhere.

I have already said too much. But it's true.

The canard that a powerful Jewish lobby controls (some of) the media…is true, Colby!

----------------------------------------------------------
"I am a student of the Most Honorable Elijah Muhammad. I could never thank Allah (God) enough for His intervention in our affairs in the Person of Master Fard Muhammad, the Great Mahdi or Guided One... I thank Allah (God) for the Honorable Elijah Muhammad and all that he taught that I was blessed to hear, all that he taught that I was blessed to understand, all that he taught that I was blessed to try to carry into practice. I greet all of you, my dear Brothers and Sisters, with the greeting words of peace. We say it in the Arabic language, As-Salaam Alaikum" - The Honorable Minister Louis Farrakhan