PDA

View Full Version : Heavenly Sword

RagnaroK
09-20-2007, 12:06 PM
Around 2 weeks back i bless my ass and curse my social life(thou i have none) with a PS3
set it up with my bro hdtv vision, the interface is the same as the PSP which is good cuz is so simple to use much more simpler then Xbox360

my first game is off course Heavenly Sword that has go through much changes graphic wise since the E3 show

My Review:

Graphics - 9.5
This game is amazing and truly shows what the PS3 is capable the only reason i took .5 points off is because Nariko's hair could have use more realistic graphics but no matter that is the only flaw to this game as graphic goes, through the game story you will see a lot of close up to the faces you will notice the realistic expression of characters while they talk, on play mode you can hit whatever is hittible watch it break hit it again and it might break again pass through a dead body and be impress while they roll over shot and arrow and watch how it bounces on walls and fall through stuff before hitting the floor then wait for it to dissapear which never happens it stays there you'll be amaze when running for the next stage or from one place to another when the camera zooms out for you to see the immense background that strechest as far as eyes can see really impresive.

Fun - 8.5
Why 8.5 you ask cuz the game is so short you can finish it in one play is very very short bout 5 chapters on the other hand you enjoy the fighting scheme with 3 styles(2 swords, 1 heavy sword, long range sword [by they way is just one sword all 3 in 1])the game have a good variety of combos with each style plus air combos that leads to a type of cinematic scene that further expand the fun gameplay plus pressing 0 will lead to a 1 kill hit with a scene type like air combos you can also do a couple of combos that are not listed on the combo list mixing the styles while pressing X & Triangle, Nariko will not be the only character you use without any choice you'll have to play as Kai(a retarded orphan kid)arm with bow & arrows she can not do any close attacks only shots arrows but do not fear when enemies close you press square to evade then and confuse then for a few sec giving you time to make distance for the shooting which i found that is brilliant plus she can jump tables, rocks etc... that are in your way making her faster then the enemy but the fun parts is when you get to shoot once you press the attack button you hold on and use the sixaxis to guide the arrow to the target when you are doing this that camera turns into a slow motion giving you enough time for targeting(wait till you hit someone in the eye or butt it will hurt you as much as it hurts them). Another reason i took points off was because you can easily win the game without learning the combos just keep pressing the 2 attack buttons and combos will came off easily sometimes making you feel like you don't need to learn them also Nariko is really fast swinging her sword it kind of make sit unrealistic i was a little disappoint on that area but does not takes fun from the game but i wish they learn from Ninja Gaiden and Genji those 2 games have the most realistic sword swinging around that makes you feel like you are slashing somebody and makes you feel like killing everybody with swords.

Sounds - 9.0
It was all nicely done you can hear the soldiers be impress by Nariko fighting skills by saying "how does she do that" while you are beating them, there are parts were you will have to use canons against catapults and 1000 of soldiers you can hear everything from the crow of warriors to wood breaking by the impact, the explosions or the difference when you shot arrows against the wall tables and against jars.

Story - 6.5
Is not bad but is not something new either is bout a clan guarding a sword that was crafted and use by a deity that once protected the earth against and evil being after the epic battle the deity disappears leaving only the sword behind there it was where humans lays hands on the heavenly sword but the sword takes control of the person with a lust for blood, a man took up on the task on guarding the sword till the deity came back to claim what is his but there a king that wants more power so he seeks to control the sword and wage a war against the clan, Nariko a curse child was force to use the heavenly sword to protect her clan and father after this you need to play the game to get the rest im tire of typing

Overall - it gets 8.0 from me
This is the best choice now for a PS3 game it will keep you busy till other games arrive if you are waiting for a great game like GTA GT 5 or MG 4 to get a PS 3 i suggest to buy it a week before the game arrive with this game

what ya'll think of the game? if any of you aver play it

DJMethods
09-20-2007, 12:13 PM
Play it on Hell Mode and tell me if you think it's a quick game haha

RagnaroK
09-27-2007, 10:01 AM
Damn! don't nobody got love for this or djmethods & I are the only ones with this game and a PS3

TAURO
09-27-2007, 12:40 PM
I don't own this game or a ps3, I want to get one but the funds don't allow.

I like the look of this game, kind of reminded me of a mix between Devil may cry and Dynasty warriors.

zeppelin2k
09-27-2007, 04:39 PM
I don't own this game or a ps3, I want to get one but the funds don't allow.

I like the look of this game, kind of reminded me of a mix between Devil may cry and Dynasty warriors.

exactly

too broke right now and saving up for other things, maybe if price goes to 400

Dokuro
09-28-2007, 12:05 AM
dode hell is real fukd up

but the only problem i have is all the clishays

BRONZBODY
09-28-2007, 12:35 AM
i got it little bit on the short side

hell mode is challenging

BRONZBODY
09-28-2007, 12:38 AM
i get shitted on for working for microsoft and owning a ps3

im not a fanboy but workin 12 hours a day playing 360 is the reason i dont own one

i prefer sony products but im paied well so fuck it!!

RagnaroK
09-28-2007, 09:50 AM
BRONZBODY

LOL! what exactly you do at your work? play xbox games all the time? thats cool man i wish i could get a job like that and fuck what people say is your choice & preference not theirs

zeppelin2k

then when the time is right for you when you take care of your priorities then get one but they say theres gonna be a 400$ 40g ps3 but with no backward compatibility is good if you don't mind those things but if you do the best thing is to get 60g for 500$ before they release 600$ 80g
note that heavenly sword is a good game but is no reason to get a ps3 now it serves more like a introduction to the console before the big shit arrive (METAL FUCKING GEAR 4)

TAURO
09-28-2007, 10:51 AM
When Metal Gear 4 comes out, thats when getting a PS3 becomes a priority.

DJMethods
09-28-2007, 11:12 AM
People get shit mixed...

360 had hardly any big games in its forst year (Can someone name them?)

PS3 has Heavenly Sword, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, R:FOM, Warhawk, upcoming titles like Ratchet And Clank, MGS4, GT5: Prologue, GT5, Killzone 2, Uncharted, Haze, FFXIII, FFvsXIII.... the shit is insane. Then its got all the multi plat titles like Oblivion.

gettin it mixed, its its first year and been better then most consoles first year... we all know Sony builds for longevity, shit, their still making PS2 games and PS2 is still outselling most consoles.

BRONZBODY
09-28-2007, 05:32 PM
[color=white]BRONZBODY

LOL! what exactly you do at your work? play xbox games all the time? thats cool man i wish i could get a job like that and fuck what people say is your choice & preference not theirs

\for the most part im a hardware and live supervisor

i deal with pissed off customers

hell i probably spoke to some of u dudes you never know

its a cool job and it pays well

and i love playstation!!!

360 is cool but for the long run imma stick wit the ps3