PDA

View Full Version : Alot of people....

V4D3R
09-22-2007, 12:07 AM
...are caught in a vicious cycle of wasting time trying to figure out what isn't explainable. Take an old man's advice and don't waste your time trying to figure out what you never will in this lifetime. He told you how he wasted his life - yet you still follow those footsteps.

Time spent trying to figure out the creator is time not spent with loved ones or doing something. The funniest is seeing some individuals go through the delusions of grandeur. Wow - been there never going back man.

Trying to tell people how to better themselves when they ain't doing shit but sitting in front of a fucking computer monitor 12 hours of the day.
}:T

Cthulhu
09-22-2007, 12:31 AM
...are caught in a vicious cycle of wasting time trying to figure out what isn't explainable. Take an old man's advice and don't waste your time trying to figure out what you never will in this lifetime. He told you how he wasted his life - yet you still follow those footsteps.

Time spent trying to figure out the creator is time not spent with loved ones or doing something. The funniest is seeing some individuals go through the delusions of grandeur. Wow - been there never going back man.

Trying to tell people how to better themselves when they ain't doing shit but sitting in front of a fucking computer monitor 12 hours of the day.
}:T
Smart man here /\ /\ /\

I'll admit I spend an inordinate amount of time here arguing with morons that will never accept logic smacking them in the face, when I probably shouldn't bother. From my perspective, though, I feel threatened by the caustic ideas of many religious people, which motivates me to speak out against them.

SubtleEnergies
09-22-2007, 10:37 PM
There are two types of people - ignorant and the stubborn.

A person who is ignorant isn't necessarily stubborn. A person may be ignorant of a fact, then when you tell them they are receptive and take it on board. These people will in time remove much of their ignorance. They are not the problem with the world. We are all ignorant in varying degrees.

Stubborn people however love themselves and their opinions. The are not interested in the truth, they are interested in protecting their ego which is invested in the views they currently hold. These people, depsite facts or evidence will not even stop to consider that maybe their views should be questioned. To these people you can't tell anything, and these people are the problem with the world.

I am learning that you can lead the horse to water, but can't make it drink. There is no point arguing with the stubborn people since from the outset they are not prepared to consider your view seriously at all, no matter the quality of the argument.

I figure the best way is to share knowledge with those that are interested, and let the stubborn have the consequences of their views. This takes patience but arguing only makes enemies and gets your blood pressure up, and you can test out quite easily if someone is willing to listen.

Dale Carnegies said it - "You can not win an argument." Beating someone with facts into shutting up is not the same as getting them to see your point of view, infact it makes them resent you and your angle.

I agree with V4D3R. That is reflected in my beliefs. I waste no time in search for that which does not exist. I don't dream about an after life, heaven, angels etc that there is no proof of....I take what is written and look at the logic and see what it might be saying that I can use.

living_undead
09-23-2007, 02:33 AM
why not waste your time on this rock trying to figure it out,
even if you're wrong, it doesn't matter
if thats what helps you get through the day, go for it

SubtleEnergies
09-23-2007, 03:19 AM
There are alot of things that can be figrued out.