PDA

View Full Version : Any Jazz and Madlib fans?

Bis Fan
09-26-2007, 12:14 AM
???

Bis Fan
09-26-2007, 12:39 AM
bump

Longbongcilvaringz
09-26-2007, 12:44 AM
yeah... sort of... im not sure what your getting at though?

anyone heard his new beat konductah album? the indian one?

Bis Fan
09-26-2007, 12:47 AM
I figured there were some people who liked jazz and Madlib that weren't aware that he's released several jazz albums. I was going to upload a compilation.

More Rice, Piano Garden, Movie Finale, and Indian Hump = 8O

Longbongcilvaringz
09-26-2007, 01:06 AM
fair enough, his reworking of Blue Note was great i though,

it didnt get many good reviews, but ive been playing it since i got it quite regularly.

what do you think of the new Beat Konducta album by the way?

Bis Fan
09-26-2007, 01:22 AM
what do you think of the new Beat Konducta album by the way?

those songs I named are from the album

I really liked it, but there were a few I couldn't get into

guess it depends on what you expect and what you're listening for

Longbongcilvaringz
09-26-2007, 01:24 AM
true, i think i'll pick it up today.

ballistic
09-26-2007, 02:15 AM
fuck yeah. charlie parker, dizzy gillespie, duke ellington orchestra, thelonious monk, charles mingus, lester young, dextor gordon, miles davis, herbie hancock, john coltrane, sonny rollins, art blakey...i LOVE jazz, and i love madlib. his beat konducta movie scenes album is genius, as well as his yesterday's new quintet's angles without edges. he's the son of otis jackson sr. so the love and devotion for jazz is in his blood as it is in his music.

Bis Fan
09-26-2007, 02:20 AM
fuck yeah. charlie parker, dizzy gillespie, duke ellington orchestra, thelonious monk, charles mingus, lester young, dextor gordon, miles davis, herbie hancock, john coltrane, sonny rollins, art blakey...i LOVE jazz, and i love madlib. his beat konducta movie scenes album is genius, as well as his yesterday's new quintet's angles without edges. he's the son of otis jackson sr. so the love and devotion for jazz is in his blood as it is in his music.

^O^

I might upload something tomorrow :spin:

Lex Lugor
09-26-2007, 03:37 AM
only bird i flip is a charlie parker sample

xtaltha
09-26-2007, 08:56 PM
jazz is sick, for sure. my favorite mad lib jazz album is untitled. my favorite mad lib album period is definitely 'blunted under a bomb shelter' i've definitely laid back, steamed a blunt, sipped a becks to that one for a minute.

Prolifical ENG
09-26-2007, 09:42 PM
Jazz is a good genre. How do you describe it?

Vibrant but smooth, vague but precise, simple but complex, abstract but accurate.

I like to listen to it mostly as I'm getting slizzered off of wine...and wine only...it seems to help the ears (actually there was a study on red wine and hearing).

Bis Fan
09-27-2007, 07:06 PM
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0WTLIS9W

fuck a track list

download this shit

One and Only
09-27-2007, 07:40 PM
Yeah Yesterdays New Quintet is dope go get the new one uh Yesterdays Universe

Bis Fan
09-30-2007, 02:26 PM

Skellington
09-30-2007, 02:48 PM
Hell yeah man, love Jazz and am a mad madlib fan :)

Suga Duga
09-30-2007, 03:09 PM
listened to a lot of stones throw music...especially the Jaylib album

jazz is just like soul music, it describes life

PANDA PISS
09-30-2007, 03:20 PM
I got a great album the other day, 'In My Element' by Robert Glasper, its like a modern piano trio, dude worked with the late great dilla, i really recommend this to cats who like that Jazz/Hip Hop Hybrid vibe

whitey
10-11-2007, 03:45 PM
Yeah Yesterdays New Quintet is dope go get the new one uh Yesterdays Universe

pick anything up by these guys if you like madlibs jazz stuff. im not totally sure if its just him, and or him and some other musicians, but its great stuff.

bluenote=yesterdays

One and Only
10-11-2007, 04:29 PM
pick anything up by these guys if you like madlibs jazz stuff. im not totally sure if its just him, and or him and some other musicians, but its great stuff.

bluenote=yesterdays

It's just him. He makes up a bunch of different musical personalities.

Wu-Tality
10-11-2007, 05:09 PM
Check out Guru's Jazzmatazz too.

One and Only
10-11-2007, 05:14 PM
Yeah they real dope. I got all 4 vols I think everybody should get them. He's one of my favorite rappers.

PANDA PISS
10-11-2007, 05:15 PM
I got a great album the other day, 'In My Element' by Robert Glasper, its like a modern piano trio, dude worked with the late great dilla, i really recommend this to cats who like that Jazz/Hip Hop Hybrid vibe

seriously people check this out, theres a couple duds but most of it is pure crack, theres a track where his trio do a bunch of dilla beats, jazz style.

10-18-2007, 06:47 PM
I'm a huge Madlib fan, and I ain't fat neither.
I was actually listening to a Quas album right now w'/o seein this thread.....
I also go to this jazz club every 2 weeks or so... some great live bands played there.. Alex Harding and his band.. (dude used to roll with Sun Ra)...

urban_angel
10-18-2007, 07:10 PM
Hell yeah! I'm a huge Madlib fan :D

Bis Fan
10-19-2007, 09:15 PM
I'm a huge Madlib fan, and I ain't fat neither.
I was actually listening to a Quas album right now w'/o seein this thread.....
I also go to this jazz club every 2 weeks or so... some great live bands played there.. Alex Harding and his band.. (dude used to roll with Sun Ra)...

I love Sun ra :)

ballistic always was the blackest white kid i know

those is great musicians all of em. i listen to them all. my fav is monk, coltrane, n gilepsie. the afro cuban jazz be off the hook too

Monk and Trane are 2 of my favorites :)

:)

PANDA PISS
10-20-2007, 01:40 PM
I got the album 'angles without edges' its a good album, the first couple of tracks arent amazing but theres some dope stuff on there, interpretations of classic breaks and stuff, it sounds more like instrumental hip hop than jazz though.

10-21-2007, 04:23 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=S2Z9xko4bm4&mode=related&search=

one of the illest (if not no1) remixes I've ever heard

Bis Fan
10-22-2007, 12:16 AM
:hooray:

Longbongcilvaringz
10-22-2007, 01:27 AM
edit: didnt listen to enough of it before i posted, dope stuff though.

any mp3 link?

LuckyTheWonderDog
10-22-2007, 03:12 AM
charlie parker, dizzy gillespie, duke ellington orchestra, thelonious monk, charles mingus, lester young, dextor gordon, miles davis, herbie hancock, john coltrane, sonny rollins, art blakey...

Nice list. A few others that spring to mind are Wes Montgomery, Donald Byrd, McCoy Tyner (seen him live - amazing) and Oscar Peterson (again, seen him live and even at 80 odd he's still amazing), Freddie Hubbard, Bud Powell, Louis Armstrong, Stan Getz, Ornette Coleman, Coleman Hawkins, Bill Evans, Count Bassie, Sidney Bechet, Dave Brubeck, Chick Corea, Django Reinhardt, Keith Jarrett, Dexter Gordon.....

I play the sax as well. Haven't picked it up in a while, but when I get time I'm gonna get back on it.