PDA

View Full Version : Common's Like Water For Chocolate

ballistic
08-01-2005, 10:13 AM
this is a beautiful album, and i think it certainly rivals Resurrection...the whole thing is just straight poetry. the track '6th sense' gives me shivers...anybody else here fond of this cd?

Analyze
08-01-2005, 10:38 AM
Its hot, when it came out I was kinda so-so on it. I dont think its better than "One day.." but way better than Electric Circus.

Resurrection
One day it'll all make Sense
BE
Like Water
Electric Circus

Wu Forever

IronFingaz
08-01-2005, 12:44 PM
I think its really good, i like it better than Be, but Ressurection and One Day.... are currently his top 2.

P.E.A.C.E.

Wu-Tality
08-01-2005, 01:53 PM
Why would one drown the chocolate? (haha sorry couldnt help myself)

ballistic
08-01-2005, 07:01 PM
lol..

Prolifical ENG
08-01-2005, 07:05 PM
Yeah, its good. These days all of Common's older albums are easy to find since everyone jumped on his dick at once when BE dropped. It is second behind Resurection.

wu-tang1988
08-01-2005, 07:26 PM
lol @ wu-tality!
yeah! the 6th sense is fuckin wonderfull! thats the greatest song on the album, but i dont really like the outro of it! haha!

ballistic
08-01-2005, 08:02 PM
i like all of pops raps...especially that one...commons dad is quite a man.

'when i'm talkin, no one do that sheky-sheky...then i call for a girl named becky"

lol!

Bedlam
08-01-2005, 11:24 PM
6th Sense is a true classic

deadlymelody
08-02-2005, 12:31 AM
Hes got 2 classics under his belt.

Analyze
08-02-2005, 07:36 AM
Yeah, its good. These days all of Common's older albums are easy to find since everyone jumped on his dick at once when BE dropped. It is second behind Resurection.
Its crazy, like he just became hot when Kanye "discovered" him. Shit, to be honest anything he dropped was gonna be hot after that Electric Circus shit. I think after the Prequel thats the wackest album a nice nigga ever dropped...oh I forgot about Amplfied.

Wu Forever

MILF DOOM
08-02-2005, 10:15 AM
J-Dilla became a star after this project

Ill-Bill3000
08-03-2005, 02:23 PM
Hes got 2 classics under his belt.
HELL YEAH been listening to "Be" and "Like Water For Chocolate" lately and both are DEFINITELY CLASSICS

Favourite Tracks

"Like Water For Chocolate"

The Light
The 6th Sense
A Song For Assata
A Film Called Pimp

Big Risk
08-03-2005, 02:47 PM
Faithful off of BE is a classic i think.

ballistic
08-03-2005, 03:18 PM
Common is among the top MCs of all time, in my opinion...his poetry is unparalleled, and his ear for beats is impeccable...actually i havent heard electric circus, but i heard it was quite an eclectic album, packed with too many concepts for each of these individual concepts to be appreciated fully. i'll hear it sometime...but i have too many albums in front of it that i need to get.

ill0gic
08-03-2005, 03:31 PM
Good post^

And I was playin One Day... last week, truly a beautiful album.

I guess it'll be Resurrection this week, and Like Water the next... I've already played BE 1000 times so it'll be a while before I bump that again >_<

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
08-03-2005, 03:35 PM
Resurrection is his best album. PERIOD. After listening to everything else, you get dissapointed, that's how you know a album is good

Analyze
08-03-2005, 06:37 PM
HELL YEAH been listening to "Be" and "Like Water For Chocolate" lately and both are DEFINITELY CLASSICS

Favourite Tracks

"Like Water For Chocolate"

The Light
The 6th Sense
A Song For Assata
A Film Called Pimp

Come on man, Like Water isnt a classic album, not even close. Next I'm gonna be hearing Ying Yang Twins has classic material. Other then love thats the most abused word, ever.

ballistic
08-04-2005, 12:01 AM
Come on man, Like Water isnt a classic album, not even close. Next I'm gonna be hearing Ying Yang Twins has classic material. Other then love thats the most abused word, ever.

i'm sure you're not comparing Like Water... to grossly inferior and visceral material from ying yang, right??

Bedlam
08-04-2005, 12:05 AM
i'm sure you're not comparing Like Water... to grossly inferior and visceral material from ying yang, right??
yea, wtf kinda post was that Analyze. Like Water is a great album, I dont think its far from classic. Why are you comparing it to Ying Yang fags, you go too far

Analyze
08-04-2005, 11:49 AM
I wasnt comparing YYT's to Common, what I was saying is that people are trigger happy when it comes to calling something classic material. Like Water.. to me only had like 5 hot tracks on it, for something to be labeled classic in my opinion at least 85-90% of the album has to be fire, with that ave., you have maybe one or two FF joints.

Wu Forever

pussy-with-teeth
08-04-2005, 01:03 PM
common = most underrated of all time !

ballistic
08-04-2005, 04:28 PM
I wasnt comparing YYT's to Common, what I was saying is that people are trigger happy when it comes to calling something classic material. Like Water.. to me only had like 5 hot tracks on it, for something to be labeled classic in my opinion at least 85-90% of the album has to be fire, with that ave., you have maybe one or two FF joints.

Wu Forever

o i see, my fault..i was about to say...that's like comparing lebron james to my mom in basketball...

personally, i feel every track of Like Water... is on that level...

Ghost_Deini_
08-04-2005, 05:02 PM
common = most underrated of all time ! psh, not anymore.

i just hope when he comes out with a next album, that kanye isnt all over it. i dont mind a few produced by him, but he doesnt have to be on every track he produces..