PDA

View Full Version : Jesus

TSA
10-01-2007, 03:02 AM
is the way, and the light, and the bible says he's the only way to god. amen.

7EL7
10-01-2007, 03:49 AM
Amen

DUMBO
10-01-2007, 07:26 AM

well if the bible says it...

have you ever heard of circular logic?

a source cannot valid itself.

Mumm Ra
10-01-2007, 02:12 PM
the bible says I was created in god's image too
but what is god's image if not omnipotence, omnipresence & omniscience?
Surely its not god's physical image
So I guess the bible is telling me I'm god in essence
Amen

Urban_Journalz
10-01-2007, 02:25 PM
Another thread created specifically to start some shit.

Don't you people ever get tired of this?

Or is this a testimony to just how much attention that was denied you as a child?

shinobi4227
10-01-2007, 02:42 PM

Or is this a testimony to just how much attention that was denied you as a child?

^True.

WARPATH
10-01-2007, 02:50 PM

Your the first one to criticize, but you do have a point.

Since you know the thread is designed to make some people upset, why even participate?

Longbongcilvaringz
10-01-2007, 03:06 PM
jesus was a yellow man?

CEITEDMOFO
10-01-2007, 03:27 PM
Jesus Is Lucifer According To The Highest Of Masons

TSA
10-01-2007, 08:02 PM
lol, POINT PROVEN

read the Yakub thread to make sense out of this, but POINT PROVEN.

you people are just hypocritical and selective about religion, not smart.

this nigga came on here talking about Yakub invented the white man as a part of a bad science project, and i'm the only one that thought that was stupid, and was made fun of for not thinking it made sense that a guy INVENTED WHITE PEOPLE.

and some other person used the Book of Job to justify this.

so why the fuck is my christian view of jesus being the way to god being attacked now, but Yakub
INVENTING WHITE PEOPLE
was "knowledge", and somehow that guy posting his opinion wasn't "just posted to start something"

hypocrites, the worst type of fool is the intelligent one.

Mumm Ra
10-01-2007, 09:13 PM

STYLE
10-01-2007, 09:24 PM
jesus can't be the ONLY way to God. christians are a tiny minority on earth. so everyone else is just wasting their time huh?

.....pure bullshit!

Prolifical ENG
10-01-2007, 10:56 PM
Yakub is no stranger to KTL....meaning that topic has been around.

It all depends how its interpreted....just like those biblical stories.

And yes....Jesus was a very good man.

CEITEDMOFO
10-02-2007, 12:43 AM
jesus is lucifer u guys worship satan

TSA
10-02-2007, 03:00 AM
jesus can't be the ONLY way to God. christians are a tiny minority on earth. so everyone else is just wasting their time huh?

.....pure bullshit!

or the largest religious following in the history of mankind to date.

anyways, i dont believe he's the only way to god either, but i just think ya'll are fags for bashing some opinions and uplifting others even if they're equally ridiculous just cause of what Wu-Tang likes.

fags. (not everyone, but the fags that's proved their faggotry by making smart ass comments)

SID
10-02-2007, 04:46 AM
i have no problem with the figure of jesus, but what gets me is that he is put to god-status, and is worshipped more then god, (and how he is always portrayed as some blue-eyed cocasion) i say keep him as a prophet, allow calling him god and shit, well my definition of god anyway....

Krimewave
10-02-2007, 09:28 AM

you should watch this:-

http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

TSA
10-02-2007, 02:12 PM
^^no

Krimewave
10-02-2007, 02:20 PM
there is none so blind as those who refuse to see.

Koolish
10-02-2007, 04:29 PM
Revelation 20:12
"And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God: and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works."

this states that the dead were present, not the dead Christians, the dead. if you've never heard of Jesus or if you want your second chance well you better hope you weren't an evil SOB in life, it's judgment time bitches.

Krimewave
10-02-2007, 05:15 PM
so

TSA
10-02-2007, 05:19 PM
there is none so blind as those who refuse to see.

good.

Koolish
10-02-2007, 06:59 PM
so
jeez, previously discussed before the post was the issue of Jesus being the only way to God.

those who do not believe in Jesus are judged according to their deeds, if they are worthy they may join God (according to Revelations 20).

Cthulhu
10-02-2007, 09:01 PM

Mein Kampf and The Protocols of the Elders of Zion say that Jews are plotting to take over the world.

Just cause a book claims to be true doesn't make it so. Can the Bible cite its sources?

7EL7
10-02-2007, 11:10 PM
is a prophet

what did he say will happen in the end times ?

TSA
10-02-2007, 11:33 PM
Mein Kampf and The Protocols of the Elders of Zion say that Jews are plotting to take over the world.

Just cause a book claims to be true doesn't make it so. Can the Bible cite its sources?

they are, and those book weren't written by god.

just kidding, but idk why christian views are the only ones open for insulting, and is the "ignorant" religion, and Islam is wisdom as is all that Yakub shit.

IF YOUR DISAGREEING/INSULTING MY JESUS STATEMENT YOUR ONLY PROVING ME RIGHT. dumb.

Cthulhu
10-02-2007, 11:41 PM
is a prophet

Nobody knows what the hell "he said" if he ever existed at all. You should rephrase that as "What did the anonymous authors of the Gospels (no, Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John didn't actually write those) say that he said will happen in end times?"

7EL7
10-02-2007, 11:53 PM
Nobody knows what the hell "he said" if he ever existed at all. You should rephrase that as "What did the anonymous authors of the Gospels (no, Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John didn't actually write those) say that he said will happen in end times?"

who said that he existed or didn't exist ?

the thread title is Jesus

in the story of jesus,

Cthulhu
10-03-2007, 12:29 AM
who said that he existed or didn't exist ?

the thread title is Jesus

in the story of jesus,
what did he say will happen in the end times ?The point is, he probably didn't say it. Rather, the authors of the Gospels said that he said it. These were written decades to a generation after he would have died (dated through the known historical tenure of Pontius Pilate).

And if you acknowledge that it's a story, why does it matter? It's probably not going to happen. The Gospels are pieces of first and second century apocalyptic literature. Like other apocalpytic literature, they were written during times of crisis for that particular religious group. It shouldn't be applied to modern times.

TSA
10-03-2007, 07:53 AM
The point is, he probably didn't say it. Rather, the authors of the Gospels said that he said it. These were written decades to a generation after he would have died (dated through the known historical tenure of Pontius Pilate).

And if you acknowledge that it's a story, why does it matter? It's probably not going to happen. The Gospels are pieces of first and second century apocalyptic literature. Like other apocalpytic literature, they were written during times of crisis for that particular religious group. It shouldn't be applied to modern times.

shut the fuck up, how do you know he didn't.

what..is he sitting next to you right now say, "yo nigga, i didn't say that shit"

why don't you feel safest assuming they're liars?

7EL7
10-03-2007, 10:04 PM
Revelation 20:12
"And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God: and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works."

this states that the dead were present, not the dead Christians, the dead. if you've never heard of Jesus or if you want your second chance well you better hope you weren't an evil SOB in life, it's judgment time bitches.

what exactly do you see in that scripture ?

Krimewave
10-04-2007, 08:17 AM
IF YOUR DISAGREEING/INSULTING MY JESUS STATEMENT YOUR ONLY PROVING ME RIGHT. dumb.

How so?

Koolish
10-04-2007, 09:47 AM
what exactly do you see in that scripture ?
personally, i see the judgment, though it can not be correctly visualized.

just a massive amount of dead folks waiting around present before some books. probably some angels there too.

i imagine these dead people are white, black, asian, latino, native peoples, brown. everyone's here to see if they fucked up in life.

TSA
10-04-2007, 12:54 PM
How so?
it was said to prove you would all disagree and insult it.

Krimewave
10-04-2007, 01:26 PM
it was said to prove you would all disagree and insult it.

shut up you little bitch.
Jesus never existed. not a single historian of the time mentions him.
watch this movie and wake the fuck up:-

Koolish
10-04-2007, 05:03 PM
shut up you little bitch.
Jesus never existed. not a single historian of the time mentions him.
watch this movie and wake the fuck up:-

in that movie it says that a couple of historians refer to the "christ" figure in a couple of sentences. he was mentioned, there were no details, but he was mentioned.

Krimewave
10-04-2007, 09:38 PM
in that movie it says that a couple of historians refer to the "christ" figure in a couple of sentences. he was mentioned, there were no details, but he was mentioned.

christ meaning "the annointed one".
not jesus.

TSA
10-04-2007, 11:37 PM
^^^ OHHHHH that's what Crimewave was talking about on the Gently Weeps thread.

hahahaahhahahahhahahahahahahaha

listen man

take some time.

read the thread

read the replies

one by one

and reach the conclusion that 99% of this forum has

i would get mad, but your such a dim witted person that i'm happy knowing that at least 1 person is going to upper cut you with a ball point hammer sometime in real life.

Krimewave
10-05-2007, 09:59 AM
This message is hidden because ThaShaolinAssassin is on your ignore list.

TSA
10-06-2007, 05:24 AM
Oh No Not The Ignore List! Ahh!

Urban_Journalz
10-06-2007, 10:01 PM
Your the first one to criticize, but you do have a point.

Since you know the thread is designed to make some people upset, why even participate?

For the same reason you saw fit to ask me this question. A sudden gust of inspiration.

SWAMP WATER
10-07-2007, 05:53 PM
Jesus Is Lucifer According To The Highest Of Masons

Who told you that?

SWAMP WATER
10-07-2007, 08:18 PM
you should watch this:-

Good movie,lots of insight.

BTTR KNG KOOL
10-08-2007, 11:53 AM
------- wrong jesus topic

Krimewave
10-08-2007, 09:19 PM
Good movie,lots of insight.

word

Cthulhu
10-15-2007, 12:08 AM
shut the fuck up, how do you know he didn't.

what..is he sitting next to you right now say, "yo nigga, i didn't say that shit"

why don't you feel safest assuming they're liars?

I said he PROBABLY didn't say that stuff, assuming he wasn't just an amalgamation of many Jewish preachers claiming to be the Messiah.

Read some history of the Gospels. They were written years and years after the tenure of Pontius Pilate and they contain many historical errors. They weren't supposed to be viewed as historical documents, but rather to give a budding religion some credibility.

Krimewave
10-16-2007, 09:26 AM
....don't go telling people who know better that jesus never existed.

lol, chill son. I was just trying to provoke an argument. not that I could read dude's replies cause he got put on ignore, lol.

TSA
10-16-2007, 01:06 PM
^^Jesus is an Amagulation of truth

A story was written about a man in order to teach the world to live rightously, respect one another, value peace, and live in equality.

i respect that.

straight up, i respect that and i don't give a fuck who wrote it CAUSE THAT'S NOT THE FUCKING POINT.

if you understand the figure of Jesus Christ, fictional-or non-fictional.
You'll understand humanity. I used to but just like ya'll on some conspiracy this, jesus ain't that, christianity aint that type thought. then i grew up.

Im not a christian, but one day i sat down an read a good portion of the worlds most influential book and realized the POINT of jesus christ.

we're talking about a man, real of not, that almost single handedly invented human rights. To this day there are concepts Jesus was kicking that we gon't understand, and are too humane for us to grasp in the year 2007, like not punishing ANYONE no matter what.

all this "I saw jesus was fake on youtube, so im gonna denounce the fact that that book was written to salvage humanity from wickness" is the real ignorance.

You guys are generally not happy people. In real life, it leaks through your hate of almost everything, and don't think your an exception as you read that, you can lie to me all you want but in the end of the day you know you, you know your life, your not a happy person, you'd only be lying to yourself, and it's the fact you have no grasp on the adult concepts of respect and honor, and your low self esteem forces you to try to go against conventional thought so that your sense of inferiority and powerlessness can be blanketed by a false, often dillusional "knowledge" and anti-establishment beliefs that make you feel important in the world.

WHEN YOU KNOW YOUR NOT.

you REALLY don't know if he's real or not, you REALLY don't know if the person you hear that shit from is telling the truth or that, you just believe the unconvential view because of an internal desire to feel like your on top of things to counter the reality of being a fuck up trapped in self hatered and a fear of society that sprouts from rejection.

you don't have believe in him cool but respect jesus because he lived honorably.

talkin about whose real or not? A horde of men came to kill him, his partner cut off one of their ears, Jesus puts the ear back on and as they humiliate, torture, spit on, beat, and bloody his body he asks god to forgive them

THAT'S REAL.

TSA
10-16-2007, 01:17 PM
I said he PROBABLY didn't say that stuff, assuming he wasn't just an amalgamation of many Jewish preachers claiming to be the Messiah.

Read some history of the Gospels. They were written years and years after the tenure of Pontius Pilate and they contain many historical errors. They weren't supposed to be viewed as historical documents, but rather to give a budding religion some credibility.

and nah, fuck outta here, how do you know the PROBABLY didn't say that stuff?

you ASSUMING he was an amalgamation of jewish preachers claiming to the the messiah. That's an assumption. Since you didn't see ANYONE sit down and make him up, and since i never saw him in person were do we stand as humanbeings trying to decide whose real or not.

Why would i read the history of the gospels when i can read the gospels and get THE FUCKING POINT of them. We have no role in trying to decipher if jesus was real or not, and those that base it off information given to them by someone else(example:"history of the gospels") are doing themselves a deservance of blindly avoiding the monumental wisdom and compassion jesus represented and ppl with damage self esteem can't grasp.

Mumm Ra
10-16-2007, 01:25 PM
we're talking about a man, real of not, that almost single handedly invented human rights. To this day there are concepts Jesus was kicking that we gon't understand, and are too humane for us to grasp in the year 2007, like not punishing ANYONE no matter what.

ancient egyptians were thousands of years ahead of "jesus" when it came to that.
not to mention human rights isn't something you can invent

TSA
10-16-2007, 01:53 PM
ancient egyptians were thousands of years ahead of "jesus" when it came to that.
not to mention human rights isn't something you can invent

so why is it more believeable that the egyptians did and jesus didn't

cause ppl we don't know documented both entities in times we didn't exist in and have little real knowledge on what's bullshit and what's fact?

Egypt had slaves Jesus didn't

Mumm Ra
10-16-2007, 02:03 PM
so why is it more believeable that the egyptians did and jesus didn't

cause ppl we don't know documented both entities in times we didn't exist in and have little real knowledge on what's bullshit and what's fact?

Egypt had slaves Jesus didn't
actually ancient egyptians documented themselves

Mumm Ra
10-16-2007, 02:04 PM
and i never said jesus didnt i just said the shit he was on was done thousands of years before him

TSA
10-16-2007, 02:04 PM
actually ancient egyptians documented themselves
as did christians fag.

TSA
10-16-2007, 02:05 PM
and i never said jesus didnt i just said the shit he was on was done thousands of years before him
by a country built off slave labor?

a pharoah would die and they'd kill ppl to be buried with him?

come on dude.

Mumm Ra
10-16-2007, 02:13 PM
i would also add that IMO kemet was way more sophisticated in its human rights than jesus was based on what I've studied from Metu Neter - a book showing what their spiritual practices & views were.
and kemet being built off slave labor is your opinion i don't personally believe that

TSA
10-16-2007, 02:16 PM
^^Ok and the Mete Neteurptr or whatever is more legit then anyone that's spoke of jesus, why?

It's a country built on slave labor,

and believed some people(pharaoh, nobles) where so much about the average man, that when they died, the average was killed with to be their slave in the after life.

come on dude.

TSA
10-16-2007, 02:17 PM
^^ and it's not an opinion, it's a fact

The egyptians documented it themselves, remember.

Mumm Ra
10-16-2007, 02:19 PM
and are too humane for us to grasp in the year 2007, like not punishing ANYONE no matter what.

I also wanna add that is fucking retarded LOL
not punishing anyone no matter what yeah that's smart
go jesus

TSA
10-16-2007, 04:01 PM
^^EXACTLY

you don't get it, it's WAY over your head as it is the entire human race.

EXACTLY.

Mumm Ra
10-16-2007, 07:00 PM
^^EXACTLY

you don't get it, it's WAY over your head as it is the entire human race.

EXACTLY.
are you trying to tell me you don't believe it's right to punish anyone for anything?

Mumm Ra
10-16-2007, 07:19 PM
jesus never had a smart mouth 6-year-old to deal with.

(neither do i... just a point)
thats for real though
its no wonder all these kids have fuckin ADD and are so disrespectful and will hit up and bad mouth their moms n shit
"DON'T DO THAT" isn't gonna stop them
I don't even wanna think about where this world would be at if they weren't punished for anything
if this dude really thinks that then I guess we just have two opposite views and that's that I personally think it's the dumbest thing I've heard

Cthulhu
10-16-2007, 09:29 PM
lol at Jesus inventing human rights.

I can safely assume he didn't actually say those things because the Gospels are clearly inconsistent with each other and if you look at the historical context they were written in, you gain a better understanding of why the authors said what they did.

The early Christians were trying to separate themselves from the Jews, which is why the Gospels of Matt and John are so full of anti-Jewish quotes that would become the bases of Christian persecution of Jews all throughout the Middle Ages.

Ever heard the quote "his blood be upon us and our children"?

TSA
10-16-2007, 11:35 PM
are you trying to tell me you don't believe it's right to punish anyone for anything?

after reading the bible i no longer believe it

from a scientific stance:
a punishment is reactionary, if your trying to avoid the damage the damage has been done and the concept of punishment has done nothing to eliminate and little to deter crime.

human beings base all actions on survival, if someone has to do something to survive, they will do it regardless.

From a moral standpoint:
Focus should be taken off of punishment and into cultural moral empowerment. To punish some on is an expression of malice in one's heart.

From a religious standpoint:
No christian should ever punish because the bible teaches we are all imperfect and thus god the only perfect entity is left to judge us, those that punish are proclaiming a superhuman stance above the one being punished and are thus challenging or playing the role of god, which is blasphemy.

WOOOOOOOOO!

TSA
10-16-2007, 11:38 PM
like myself, i don't drink,

i don't do it out of fear of a punishment

it's a personal discipline, my dad has offered me a beer, i turned it down, it's just a personal thing.

I don't kill people, not out of fear of a punishment, but the personal discipline that it's wrong

the ppl that kill ppl don't have the personal discipline, but after you punish them then what? the person comes back to life and you feel better knowing YOU just killed or hurt someone?

shits too real.

TSA
10-17-2007, 12:39 AM
if i were a practicing christian, no, god will judge you.

but since I as a black man am god,

i'd skin your mom and pump semen in her blood vessles,and pound her pussy with a ballpoint hammer until her twat spews intenstinal fluid, then i'd force you to rape her to death at gun point.

TSA
10-17-2007, 03:41 AM
id still be able to fuck a hole through both of your throats until you love me

Mumm Ra
10-17-2007, 02:36 PM
after reading the bible i no longer believe it

from a scientific stance:
a punishment is reactionary, if your trying to avoid the damage the damage has been done and the concept of punishment has done nothing to eliminate and little to deter crime.

human beings base all actions on survival, if someone has to do something to survive, they will do it regardless.

From a moral standpoint:
Focus should be taken off of punishment and into cultural moral empowerment. To punish some on is an expression of malice in one's heart.

From a religious standpoint:
No christian should ever punish because the bible teaches we are all imperfect and thus god the only perfect entity is left to judge us, those that punish are proclaiming a superhuman stance above the one being punished and are thus challenging or playing the role of god, which is blasphemy.

humans don't base all actions on survival
punishment is not an expression of malice - if I take a toy away from a kid for doing wrong its not out of evil intent & I don't have a desire to see him suffer.
Say you got a kid in school and they start failing classes, you still gonna let them go out all the time?
It seems you only talk about physical punishment towards adults there's many more variables & forms than that. I never once mentioned harmful physical punishment.

its so nice how the bible implants the idea that we're all imperfect and thus you get people using that as an excuse to do wrong. The power of belief is strong ex. if you always think you have a bad memory you will (and vice versa) and if you always think you're imperfect you'll act accordingly. That's bad psychology.
Let god judge them later while they're living foul now yeah that's very convenient.

I like how you went from jesus inventing human rights to admitting its an internal personal discipline, interesting.... :thumbup:
And no I don't think punishment by itself is very effective towards adults who are already set in their ways
You claimed in another post you're god but that's blasphemy according to your religious standpoints.

Well you can sit around and do nothing while people smack you up, steal from you, do whatever the hell huggah said, ect.
I wouldn't
I still think it's the dumbest thing I've heard
So is there no need for police according to you?

TSA
10-17-2007, 08:09 PM
^^With kids it's only questionable cause they' don't know better
once good discipline has been installed into a kid there's no need to punish him as an adult.

plus punishing the kid is still survival drive, your teaching the kid to survive in a society by punishing him

again this is all the concept to humane to grasp for a average person, it just happens to be the reason why i respect jesus

im not a christian in not an ignorant ass nig.

and huggah that would have been funny if you didn't COMPLETELY miss the entire point of EVERYTHING.

infact you just made an asshole of your self infront of everyone.

Mumm Ra
10-17-2007, 09:32 PM
so it went from "not punishing ANYONE no matter what" to being questionable.
I can live with that
Some adults don't know better either though
and no I'm not your average person I am quite able to grasp abstract ideas and concepts I just happen to think that one is absurd and doesn't work, you'll have to come up with something more than telling me I don't understand to convince me.
Not to mention the concept of no punishment is pretty straightforward anyway
PEACE

Cthulhu
10-17-2007, 10:53 PM
If the Bible is about not punishing other people, then why is the Old Testament full of stories about the Jews massacring rival tribes for "blasphemy" under God's command?

Have you ever read the Book of Numbers? It's probably one of the most despicable religious works in existence.

Cthulhu
10-20-2007, 11:17 PM
^^Cause it's not "all about" not punishing ppl...whore.

First of all, the insults are unnecessary. Let's have a mature conversation about religion. You don't do very well to defend your beliefs when you come across as an angry child.

Second, I'm not sure what you even mean by this. I also didn't say "all about" so you're misquoting me.

I read back on the original post you made referring to Jesus, not the entire Bible. I remembered it incorrectly, fair enough. My statement still applies to Jesus' "teachings". He was not all about non-violence as any reading of the gospels can reveal. How about the entire prophecy of coming back to wreck vengeance upon sinners? That doesn't sound very peaceful to me. Maybe it's justified in some wrathful, fucked up worldview of a Christian, but, me, I'd rather treat other people with courtesy and kindness out of genuine empathy, not because some mutilated insurrectionist is going to come down from the sky and reward all believers and cast non-believers into a pit of fire.

TSA
10-21-2007, 10:39 AM
First of all, the insults are unnecessary. Let's have a mature conversation about religion. You don't do very well to defend your beliefs when you come across as an angry child.

Second, I'm not sure what you even mean by this. I also didn't say "all about" so you're misquoting me.

I read back on the original post you made referring to Jesus, not the entire Bible. I remembered it incorrectly, fair enough. My statement still applies to Jesus' "teachings". He was not all about non-violence as any reading of the gospels can reveal. How about the entire prophecy of coming back to wreck vengeance upon sinners? That doesn't sound very peaceful to me. Maybe it's justified in some wrathful, fucked up worldview of a Christian, but, me, I'd rather treat other people with courtesy and kindness out of genuine empathy, not because some mutilated insurrectionist is going to come down from the sky and reward all believers and cast non-believers into a pit of fire.

god was to wreck vengeance, because as god, he's the only one that can judge. Your trying to put god as a "person" that lives under human rules of what's right and wrong and that's where you misunderstand him.

If you build a house of legos, you can break that shit anytime you want.

Frontal Lobotomy
10-21-2007, 10:48 AM
Why is God male? Do omnipotent beings need to procreate? Or is it because the fairy stories were written by dudes, and wanted a reason to shit on women for 3000 years?
I'm not sure what God's vengance has to do with Jesus though. I mean, why would Jesus want to come back to punish sinners after being crucified for everyone's sins.. doesn't that seem a little contradictory?

*Edit* I appaer to be silver now, I'm in the cool kids club.

TSA
10-21-2007, 11:13 AM
Why is God male? Do omnipotent beings need to procreate? Or is it because the fairy stories were written by dudes, and wanted a reason to shit on women for 3000 years?
I'm not sure what God's vengance has to do with Jesus though. I mean, why would Jesus want to come back to punish sinners after being crucified for everyone's sins.. doesn't that seem a little contradictory?

*Edit* I appaer to be silver now, I'm in the cool kids club.
because in english the word for divine being has a male orientation.

the whole jesus coming back and punishing everyone (revelations) was even in jesus's word, or a second and account of it, so I don't really think it's relevent to the new testament. John the Divine had beef with the roman gov. and though of a metaphor was to speak out against them. I personally don't believe in an "end of the world", unless the sun explodes in a few billion years.

and you've never read the bible it really has little to do with shitting on women, if anything. Jesus showed compassion to outcasted and scorn prostitutes against the advise of everyone around him and saw her as an equal.

This is fuckin 2000 yrs ago ppl.

all the sexism comes from the vatican, and human nature.

Cthulhu
10-21-2007, 11:57 AM
The Gospel's weren't Jesus' words either. They were written decades to a generation after he died. You're going to tell me everyone had his exact words committed to memory without misquoting some things?

Even if this were possible, or if some earlier lost document contained his literal words, the Gospels as they stand now are full of the authors' biases. Luke and John are the basis for hundreds of years of anti-Semitism because of how they characterize the Jews as Christ's killers. Of course, this wasn't their intent. Their purpose was to gain credibility among Roman gentiles by distancing themselves from the Jews. Because of the authors' motives (and the fact that most of them were removed from the events they were writing about by over half a century) the Gospels are full of historical errors. Half the things that occur in the stories just don't line up what we know from every other historical source of that time period.

Cthulhu
10-21-2007, 12:00 PM
god was to wreck vengeance, because as god, he's the only one that can judge. Your trying to put god as a "person" that lives under human rules of what's right and wrong and that's where you misunderstand him.

If you build a house of legos, you can break that shit anytime you want.

In that case, I refuse to serve such a god. He can break me and throw me in a pit of fire all he wants, but I won't bow to a megalomaniacal asshole. Fuck him.

Who would want to worship something like that anyway?

Cthulhu
10-21-2007, 02:43 PM
jesus was basically god's halloween costume. think about it.

lol

hectis
10-21-2007, 03:11 PM

AMEN

TSA
10-22-2007, 12:58 AM
In that case, I refuse to serve such a god. He can break me and throw me in a pit of fire all he wants, but I won't bow to a megalomaniacal asshole. Fuck him.

Who would want to worship something like that anyway?

don't worship shit,

THE POINT OF THIS THREAD

was to show that when ppl talk about islam or 5% ppl on this thread respect it and even if they don't agree, they respect it, if you MENTION christianity you'll get 400 pages bashing you, and point proven.

If i posted some "white people were made of pork by Yakub" even WHITE PEOPLE on this thread would respect it. crumbs.

Im not a christian, but look at this thread, look at yourself.

Paranoid
10-22-2007, 02:48 AM
The christian religion is a parody on the worship of the sun, in which they put a man called christ in the place of the sun, and pay him the adoration originally payed to the sun.
-Thomas Faine

www.zeitgeistmovie.com

Paranoid
10-22-2007, 02:51 AM
Christianity was established to manipulate mankind.

Paranoid
10-22-2007, 02:52 AM
Jesus never existed.

Bg_Knocc_Out
10-22-2007, 02:57 AM
I will never believe any religion involving Jesus because where the fuck is the proof? Oh I need faith, thats my proof? Fuck outa here, for all we know the virgin Marry coulda been a whore and just told her boyfriend or w/e that she never had sex to cover up for cheatin' on him... but maybe there's some shit I'm missing, but none of this shit adds up and is just plain stupid although I can't imagine a world without it, but some people waiste their lives over-obsessing with pleasing the G-O-D that they don't have fun in the process of life.

Cthulhu
10-22-2007, 09:51 PM
don't worship shit,

THE POINT OF THIS THREAD

was to show that when ppl talk about islam or 5% ppl on this thread respect it and even if they don't agree, they respect it, if you MENTION christianity you'll get 400 pages bashing you, and point proven.

If i posted some "white people were made of pork by Yakub" even WHITE PEOPLE on this thread would respect it. crumbs.

Im not a christian, but look at this thread, look at yourself. I don't respect Islam or 5%. If you posted something like that, I would be right in that thread mocking such absurdity.

I feel no need to respect any idea that I feel is obnoxiously absurd, and that includes most religions. I don't hate religious people. I would never advocate violence toward Christians or Muslims. I'm polite when talking to religious people and I try not to let my beliefs get in the way of a courteous conversation if the occasion doesn't call for a religious debate.

But I refuse to pay lip service to these pansy "moderate" ideas that we should put our tails between our legs and let religious nutjobs spout nonsense and control public policy. Such ideas should be exposed for what they are and openly mocked.

Koolish
10-23-2007, 02:20 PM
Religion in the 21st Century as viewed by "intellectuals" on the internet:

You buy a candy bar. You share your candy bar with a friend. This friend becomes sick. Everyone blames you.

shinobi4227
10-23-2007, 04:11 PM
This thread is just too deep, we could be at this for years. Christianity is a very powerful organization,its been around for a very long time, it basically controls most of the world.

TSA
10-23-2007, 04:15 PM
Religion in the 21st Century as viewed by "intellectuals" on the internet:

You buy a candy bar. You share your candy bar with a friend. This friend becomes sick. Everyone blames you.

with religion its more like everyones sick, they buy a candy bar, they blame the candy bar for why they're sick when even the ppl without the candy bar are sick

TSA
10-23-2007, 04:17 PM
I don't respect Islam or 5%. If you posted something like that, I would be right in that thread mocking such absurdity.

I feel no need to respect any idea that I feel is obnoxiously absurd, and that includes most religions. I don't hate religious people. I would never advocate violence toward Christians or Muslims. I'm polite when talking to religious people and I try not to let my beliefs get in the way of a courteous conversation if the occasion doesn't call for a religious debate.

But I refuse to pay lip service to these pansy "moderate" ideas that we should put our tails between our legs and let religious nutjobs spout nonsense and control public policy. Such ideas should be exposed for what they are and openly mocked.

is it the religions fault that humans are fuck up, or are humans fucked up with and without it...ex.

Stalin- No religion

Hitler- No religion

Mao- No Religion

and those are the 3 greatest killers in the history of mankind.

Cthulhu
10-23-2007, 10:37 PM
is it the religions fault that humans are fuck up, or are humans fucked up with and without it...ex.

Stalin- No religion

Hitler- No religion

Mao- No Religion

and those are the 3 greatest killers in the history of mankind.
First of all, I doubt the verasity of the statement that they were the greatest killers in the history of mankind. They were all horrible, no doubt, but that's quite a blanket statement. How about the thousand other genocidal dictators that have existed throughout history?

I love how people point toward "atheist" dictators as if to indicate that atheism is the seed of genocide. Despite Stalin and Mao's ideals for "communist" societies (which they never achieved), these men were dogmatic. They became godheads of a cult of personality. They were not men of reason. They may not have served a higher god (and not all religions are theistic anyway, take Buddhism for example), but their position as figurehead over a sacred doctrine of belief results in what can only be characterized as a state-sponsored religion. The same goes for Nazism, but there is something else there as well,

Hitler wasn't technically an atheist:

"My feeling as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter."

Obviously he was not mainstream Christianity here, but he was certainly not an atheist in this respect.

Cthulhu
10-23-2007, 10:48 PM
And about "relgion's fault", yes it is. I don't consider religion a phenomenon unto itself, though, so the candy bar analogy is void. Rather, I see the humandtendency "fuck up" as a reason for relgion's existence in the first place, as well as every other fanciful idea that never had much to support its truth.

So here goes my candy bar analogy for religion, pseudo-science, occultism, conspiracy theories, and other bullshit: You eat a candy bar. You get sick. You have no concept about processes of digestion and nutrition, so you invent an explanation about how the candy bars are actually inhabited by evil spirits. Several thousands of years later, this idea has seeped into culture so much that, despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary, some people still hold this view and refuse to eat candy bars.

TSA
10-23-2007, 11:32 PM
First of all, I doubt the verasity of the statement that they were the greatest killers in the history of mankind. They were all horrible, no doubt, but that's quite a blanket statement. How about the thousand other genocidal dictators that have existed throughout history?

I love how people point toward "atheist" dictators as if to indicate that atheism is the seed of genocide. Despite Stalin and Mao's ideals for "communist" societies (which they never achieved), these men were dogmatic. They became godheads of a cult of personality. They were not men of reason. They may not have served a higher god (and not all religions are theistic anyway, take Buddhism for example), but their position as figurehead over a sacred doctrine of belief results in what can only be characterized as a state-sponsored religion. The same goes for Nazism, but there is something else there as well,

Hitler wasn't technically an atheist:

"My feeling as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter."

Obviously he was not mainstream Christianity here, but he was certainly not an atheist in this respect.

im way to lazy to find exact number but those are the 3 worst "genocidal dicators"(and please don't start getting technical about the term i just used that's not the point)..in history.

they were athetist, IM NOT SAYING ATHEISM IS THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL.

but humans are humans and they do shitty shit, often when the human is religious the shitty shit is blamed on the religion and not the shittiness of the human being themselves.

terrorism isn't result of religion, its result of ppl and politics
the crusades, the inquisition, colonalism, all the things linked as what makes religion "bad" are all just reflections on human nature that religion often tries to stop.

religion is like whipped cream and ppl are turds, you can cream it up all you want but it's gonna smell and taste like a turd.

religion DOES give people the oppurtunity to transend the human way of thinking if they're 100% enveloped in it's TRUTH.

my example is the Dhali Lama(sp?), Ghandi, Martin Luther King, Jesus.

Jesus didn't do all the killings in his name, so why do so many of you HATE him.

people kill and fight over shoe color, skin color, trees, dogs, and toilets, and anything else you give them, so why blame Jesus cause people are people? He tried his best.

TSA
10-24-2007, 11:57 AM
^^why does the world not "need jesus"

is he causing all these problems or did he speak out against it and we just happened to not listen?

that's his fault?

i do agree with your regards to humanism, but what humanism does for some jesus and various other religious teachers and forms of enlightenment does for others.

at the same time humanist can kill and ravage, so would it be fair to say "fuck humanism" cause of this?

THE W
10-24-2007, 12:43 PM
according to the bible he IS the only way to God in the sense that without him dying on the cross for our sins we would have no fellowhip with God. because of of what jesus did sinful man has the ability to have a relationship with God that he couldnt before.

and we dont have to slay calves and doves and bathe in their blood to do it.

TSA
10-24-2007, 01:08 PM
^^ i've lived the missionary shit, im from nigeria

religion didn't cause colonialism, greed did.

religion wasn't even a major factor, just a bonus,

and Darwinism also feuled the destruction of native cultures, so where does the blame on jesus come from

and aid's in africa was wwwaay more complexed then what the catholic church allows and doesn't allow. The countries with the highest aids rates aren't even predominately catholic.

on the other had the muslim one have very low aids rates because of what thier religion teaches them

Jesus cannot be blamed for what greedy people have done in his name, expecially if he didn't order it because throwing jesus infront of things is a way to legitimize an action whether it correlates with his teachings or not

THE W
10-24-2007, 01:14 PM
jesus didnt cause anything bad in this world, people did. the problem is that people have grossly misinterpreted scripture and have done things in the name of christianity that the bible in no way condones.

THE W
10-24-2007, 01:33 PM
while scripture can be applied to many things it does not have many interpretations. the fact that people think there is many is evidence that they really understand the text.

jesus did many good things. read about them in the scriptures.

i find it rather amusing that people who have absolutely no understanding of the bible are quick on the draw to totally bash it.

knowledge before the wisdom folks.

THE W
10-24-2007, 01:58 PM
the overal message of all 4 gospels is not contrudicted. they give different accounts of Jesus's character but for the most part there pretty much the same thing.

Jesus was born, he was taught by the elders in the synagogues, he healed the sick, preached the gospel, was persecuted by the romans, died and rose again.

THE W
10-24-2007, 02:36 PM
whats good?...GOD. there's your answer. no joke.

without God there is no such thing as good or bad. only action and reaction. you do a certain thing you're gonna get a certain reaction. if you dont like the reaction you get then you'll stop doing it and start doing things that get you the results you want.

and yes you are nitpicking as all these concerns are really irrelevent in the grand scheme of things. Jesus laid out who he is and how we are to obtain salvation which only comes from a relationship with him. either you're gonna believe what he said or you're not.

if you're concerned about proof then understand that there is no way to definitively prove any spiritual philosophy. certainly there are things that can justify someone's believes in one thing or another but nothing to prove anything to be absolute.

BTW, thanks for the link im gonna check these out.

Cthulhu
10-24-2007, 09:08 PM
No, the God you believe in is a megalomaniacal asshole who gloats over the suffering of nonbelievers and enemies of his people.

And don't point that "don't understand the Bible" shit at me. I'll have you know that once I actually cracked open my Bible and read a few things straight from it is when I began to turn away from my religion.

THE W
10-24-2007, 10:25 PM
No, the God you believe in is a megalomaniacal asshole who gloats over the suffering of nonbelievers and enemies of his people.

the fact that you have this attitude proves you dont understand it. dont worry, you're one of many.

one thing people need to understand is that christianity is in no way shape or form a religion. the fact that people treat it as such, whether they're believers or non-believers is huge problem in truly understanding it.

Cthulhu
10-25-2007, 08:21 AM
the fact that you have this attitude proves you dont understand it. dont worry, you're one of many.

one thing people need to understand is that christianity is in no way shape or form a religion. the fact that people treat it as such, whether they're believers or non-believers is huge problem in truly understanding it.

What isn't there to understand? Please get off your high horse and defend your position with examples.

1.) How is Christianity NOT a religion?

2.) Why should I believe in the existence of God or the supernatural, and what evidence could you present to convince me?

3.) If I were to believe in a god, how should I know that the Abrahamic god is the correct one? Why not Zoroastrianism's Ahura Mazda? Or perhaps a polytheisic pantheon like the Norse gods or Greek gods? What would prove Yaweh to be any "safer" to believe in than the others?

4.) A few people have suggested that the Christian god or Jesus is the basis for morality or human rights. How can this be when ancient laws such as the Code of Hammurabi were written over a thousand years before the Old Testament? If pagan societies in the Middle East and throughout Europe, Africa, the Americas, and Asia were ignorant of Jehovah and the Ten Commandments, how did they manage to form societies, values, art, and literature without slipping into anarchy and depravity?

THE W
10-25-2007, 10:12 AM
What isn't there to understand? Please get off your high horse and defend your position with examples.

1.) How is Christianity NOT a religion?

if a child is obedient to the wishes of his parents and has good fellowship with them, would you consider that child's behavior to be religious? religion is a man made concept full stop. God did not establish religion. he established ground rules for how his people were to live under his guidence. have you ever room mated with a friend? before you moved in, did your friend discuss ground rules for the household? did you think he was being religious?

2.) Why should I believe in the existence of God or the supernatural, and what evidence could you present to convince me?

as i have said before, there is no evidence that definitively proves any spiritual philosophy being the true one but the bible speaks on this issue.

2 corinthians 5:7(NIV)

"we live by faith not by sight"

hebrews 11:1&2(NIV)

"now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. this is what the ancients were commended for"

read the story about abraham and his faith. jesus came to him and told him to leave everything he knew and follow him. abraham had no idea what was in store for him. he could've chosen to not go, but by faith he chose to trust and obey God and recieved a great inheretance.

most people think that the faith thing is stupid, but its actually the fabric of our society, at least as far as our free enterprise system. without faith there would be no enterprenuership. starting a business takes a lot of faith. most businesses start of with nothing with only a hope that they will make it. after taking the neccesary risks and with hard work their faith is rewarded by having a successful business. its easy to except the concept of faith when it comes to that but almost impossible when it comes to God. go figure.

3.) If I were to believe in a god, how should I know that the Abrahamic god is the correct one? Why not Zoroastrianism's Ahura Mazda? Or perhaps a polytheisic pantheon like the Norse gods or Greek gods? What would prove Yaweh to be any "safer" to believe in than the others?

simple...you cant. thats a question you have to ask yourself. have you tried believing in those God's? how did it go for you? how do you know that those other God's arent a lot of hooey as well? simple....you dont.

the gospels talk about the man who laid his life down for sinners.

john 3:16

"for God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

whether you want to take Jesus up on that offer is a dicision you have to make on your own.

4.) A few people have suggested that the Christian god or Jesus is the basis for morality or human rights. How can this be when ancient laws such as the Code of Hammurabi were written over a thousand years before the Old Testament? If pagan societies in the Middle East and throughout Europe, Africa, the Americas, and Asia were ignorant of Jehovah and the Ten Commandments, how did they manage to form societies, values, art, and literature without slipping into anarchy and depravity?

how are you so sure that they didnt? why do these societies no longer exist? i would think its because people who either didnt know about Jesus or knew about him but never followed his ways destroyed these societies. sin and depravity have always existed since adam and eve disobeyed God in the garden of eden. if you read old testament scripture there are many instances where nations rebeled against God's will and slipped into sin a depravity just as well as there were people who obeyed God.

but it is indeed possible for people to live well with each other without God by going by the example i stated earlier about actions and reactions. still however, there is a higher level of goodness towards man that cant be reached without the holy spirit. i went into that type of society in an old thread i made a couple years back called "why money?(im sure LHX remembers it)"

i suck at horse riding

THE W
10-25-2007, 11:01 AM
hahhhahaha you don't realize this but that bible quote is nothing more than a clever marketing tool -- a powerfully convincing message to one of the most successful brainwashing campaigns in history.

everyone told you it was a delicious chocolate bar when you were given it as a boy but now that you begin to smell the acrid odor you refuse to look closer to see the turd for what it is. but at least you're not alone
well it seems you've made your decision. thats peace yo.

what odor are you talking about?

THE W
10-25-2007, 11:21 AM
whatever you say there pal.

john 3:16 is the promise God made to those who would believe on his son Jesus.

Kong
10-25-2007, 09:35 PM
I think this zeitgeist movie try's to make it all fit a bit to much about Jesus.

I don't know if Jesus existed as a man, I know it has meaning though, mans struggle to be free, mans struggle against mans own evil and anger, it relates in a lot of ways.

Basically all we are left with is a message in a story, just take and use the positive that u know u have taken from it in them hard times, fuck the bullshit.

TSA
10-27-2007, 04:37 AM
^^thank you.

Chron Gen
10-30-2007, 08:36 AM
I think this zeitgeist movie try's to make it all fit a bit to much about Jesus.

they dont seem to have to try too hard. it already fits together pretty much.

TSA
04-14-2008, 07:46 PM
bump!

Enemy Combatant
04-14-2008, 08:51 PM
jesus was a revolutionary, not the saviour...he was never even considered to be anything more than a regular man until 300 years after his death, when constantine and the council of nicea decided he would suit their political and monetary aspirations better as a god...

on another note, if jesus were to meet 99% of todays so-called christians, he would be disgusted by their actions...he would go up in their so-called churches and destroy them shits, just like he did to the temple in jerusalem...to call yourself a christian means that you aim to be "christ-like", and i've never even met one christian that comes close...

allah truth
04-15-2008, 01:59 AM
the bible is nothing but a big metaphore of the truth. the only way to get to "heaven" is the path of jesus

Black Man
04-15-2008, 09:22 AM
the bible is nothing but a big metaphore of the truth. the only way to get to "heaven" is the path of jesus

I guess all those people who were born before Jesus' time, they never made it to heaven. And the people born after Jesus that never heard of Jesus they don't get to go to heaven either right?

and where exactly is this path you speak of?

allah truth
04-15-2008, 01:25 PM
the only way you can find it is if you already know where it is.....but you obviously didn't catch what i meant

Cthulhu
04-16-2008, 11:18 PM
the only way you can find it is if you already know where it is.....but you obviously didn't catch what i meant

Don't you love this kind of self-righteous pseudo-mysterious drivel? You fail to understand the nonsense they're spewing, so instead of trying to explain their hollow rhetoric, they hide behind a mask of "it's too enlightened/holy for you to understand, and I just happen to be among the elite that know it. I have no proof of this, but you'll have to take my specious word for it."

x.l.nc
04-17-2008, 07:38 PM
I.N.R.I....... God and Jesus is the only path to Heaven. Word.

MX1
04-17-2008, 11:47 PM
personally..i think the bible is dilluted greatly..not that any other religious literary source isn't..but i think the exaggeration is in every crease of the bible, i have alot of respect for christians, but im not into that jesus story
in judaism, they have a saying, "its more important to have the correct practice, rather than correct belief"..if someone finds the greater being through islam, whos to say there wrong?? christians seem to be MOST judgemental, altho they front to be a "bleeding heart" amongst other religious groups
it is the largest religious group in the world..doesnt exactly make it correct
its more important each individual finds whatever they find best for them in my opinion