PDA

View Full Version : Perspectives

WARPATH
10-01-2007, 04:22 PM
What is the square miles of the planet?

Why is the axis slanted?

How much is covered in water?

How much is granite?

Let's get some different persceptives on the nature of the earth, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other features of nature.

LHX
10-01-2007, 05:51 PM
imbalances need to correct themselves

these imbalances develop gradually
but
the 'correcting' process usually occurs dramatically

since we are in the thick of 2007 - we have difficulty observing how wild these times are

in order to do that - one must develop / be in tune with a perspective
that is detached from the physical body
(while maintaining the physical body)

the pressure has built and now things are being corrected

imbalances in atmospheric pressure are just like this
hurricanes
tornadoes

people under too much pressure eventually break
this manifests in many forms
violence
art
posting on the internet
eating binges

7EL7
10-01-2007, 06:59 PM
wiff cheese here

wiff cheese there

wiff

the dynamics of the organic atmospheric acid like substance
makes it sizzle with passion beyond the dark ages of hydrogen nutruients for
the soul
one has to close their nostrils in times like these
because no matter what .....the robots will get you

Prolifical ENG
10-01-2007, 07:00 PM

*calls someone from the NGE to give that number* I know that the radius of the earth is 6400km and the surface area of a sphere is 4pr^2..that is close enough unless you want a geomatical answer...you could get it to a small graction of a mile.

Why is the axis slanted?

Every planet tilts...Earth is 23.5 degrees....some other tilts are Mercury at 2 degrees....Uranus at almost 90..almost a right angle...and Venus is 178 degrees (it turns in the opposite direction than the other planets). It is thought by astronomers that the tilts were caused when plantets were formed...large planetesimals colliding into the planets knocking them off their normal tilts.

Nevertheless the tilts determine how much sunlight concentration per planet year each part of the planet gets. (How long a part faces the sun and the angle of the rays hitting the planet's surface) It disperses better on Earth than most other planets and it a factor in supporting life variety.

2 thirds?

How much is granite?

It makes up a major part in the continental crust that lies under most of the sedimentary rock. I could ask someone in my Earth science counterpart (I specialize in the atmosphere) if they know a ballpark figure.

Let's get some different persceptives on the nature of the earth, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other features of nature.

Well since I study meteorology people are always curious and ask me about questions that require a good background in physics and take long to explain.

Sometimes I just say like in the movie Weatherman..."wind...it blows everywhere".

Koolish
10-02-2007, 06:18 PM
natural disasters occur as part of the constant flow of order and chaos. the Yin/Yang element pervades itself throughout nature, and in the natural peace of existence must eventually come the great disorder and chaos that is natural disaster.

i thought this up when i was quite high and contemplating Tao.

STYLE
10-02-2007, 06:35 PM
actually new philosophy does not view chaos as a legit force. everything is in order but what seems like chaos is part of a larger system that can't be seen from the level of ones perspective.
quantum physics+eastern philosophy

7EL7
10-02-2007, 10:09 PM
Honestly

there is no such thing

Why is the axis slanted?

there is no such thing

there is no such thing

How much is granite?

there is no such thing

all of those things are in your mind

but they don't exist

Prolifical ENG
10-04-2007, 03:38 PM
^^^^^^

Yes we need nouns in our language along to name people, places, and things thy express ideas and concepts.

So it is true that these don't exist.

It is a good perspective of "nature".

Black Man
10-04-2007, 04:10 PM
^^^^^^
Yes we need nouns in our language along to name people, places, and things thy express ideas and concepts.

how do they not exist?

Koolish
10-04-2007, 04:13 PM
^^^^^^

^ that's etymology. anytime something unique and individual exists and reoccurs we have to name it in order to further understanding, a lack of understand betters no one.

so "tornadoes" do not exist. does a "violently rotating column of air which is in contact with both a cumulonimbus cloud or, in rare cases, a cumulus cloud base and the surface of the earth" exist?

if it does it would be trivial to constantly state that every single time, hence, "tornado".

if i'm missing something forgive my ignorance, i only wish to understand.

Mumm Ra
10-04-2007, 04:19 PM
even though we need nouns and such things to express things ideas and concepts
the earth doesn't - so it doesn't mean those things don't exist
knowledge is knowlege without us here.
its like the question would a tree falling in the forest still make a sound if nobody was there to hear it

Prolifical ENG
10-04-2007, 09:47 PM
how do they not exist?

all of those things are in your mind

but they don't exist

Black Man
10-05-2007, 10:13 AM
lol......i know who yacub's follower(s) are in this thread. keep coming with those 6 extra degrees that don't exist.

Prolifical ENG
10-05-2007, 10:56 AM
The thread is about perspectives.

Nothing wrong with a mathematical perspective.

Black Man
10-05-2007, 01:16 PM
The thread is about perspectives.

Nothing wrong with a mathematical perspective.

who said anything was wrong???

Prolifical ENG
10-05-2007, 07:11 PM
who said anything was wrong???

Not in this thread, but apparently some perspectives are wrong.