PDA

View Full Version : In Rainbows

oDoUoSoKo
10-11-2007, 06:45 PM
Radiohead is back motherfuckers...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/13/InRainbows2.jpg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:InRainbows2.jpg)

15 Step" 3:57
"Bodysnatchers" 4:02
"Nude (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nude_%28song%29)" 4:15
"Weird Fishes/Arpeggi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weird_Fishes/Arpeggi)" 5:18
"All I Need (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_I_Need_%28Radiohead_song%29)" 3:48
"Faust Arp" 2:09
"Reckoner" 4:50
"House of Cards" 5:28
"Jigsaw Falling into Place" 4:09
"Videotape (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Videotape_%28song%29)" 4:39anyone hear it yet...i heard a few songs..its very good.

INF
10-12-2007, 02:06 AM
I d/l'd it yesterday but I havent opened it yet. I didnt even know it was ready. I was surprised to see it but I hope I feel the same way about hearing it.

ON a side note , I bought my first Iron maiden album while I was away.

INF
10-12-2007, 11:47 AM
just when you thought it was over ,they reinvent their sound yet again. This is the most innovative band of our time.

I like the funk thats in this album. Its subtle. I think it goes ... 1) Ok Computer 2) kid A 3) In Rainbows

every album is a piece of work though. Too bad I cant cop this till december. I'm gonna wear it out for then.

oDoUoSoKo
10-12-2007, 06:48 PM
me 2....eloels...^^

and i still dont understand why Kid A is as acclaimed as it is...i dont like it that much....cept for track 1.

PANDA PISS
10-12-2007, 06:58 PM
me 2....eloels...^^

and i still dont understand why Kid A is as acclaimed as it is...i dont like it that much....cept for track 1.

Kid A is not as good as their other albums, but its the kind of album where you've got to hear it several times before it sinks in, but the whole album is good not just track 1

Anyway im interested hear this, im a fan of all their other albums, but i don't know if i want to choose a price or wait until the cd comes out.

oDoUoSoKo
10-17-2007, 07:07 PM
reckoner....awesomes.

J-DON
11-03-2007, 03:11 PM
its great

PANDA PISS
11-04-2007, 08:42 AM
yeah ive only listened to it 3 times but its already sounding like something ill be listening to way into the future, jigsaw is my favorite track on there.

oDoUoSoKo
01-06-2008, 09:55 AM
anyone buy it? i got it in virginmega store and all the employees were wearing shirts to promote the album...eloels....it was only 10 bucks and comes in a thin cardboard package...but get this...

Inside the package is the cd, the booklet, and two stickers...the stickers are to put on any old cd case u got, then u cood slip the booklet and cd in there, and it looks as if u bought it in that packaging....its fucking sick...

Rame
01-06-2008, 01:07 PM
What's so great about that? They could've released it in a normal package instead.

Also, they suck.

INF
01-06-2008, 04:14 PM
i wanted to buy this but got movies for the blind instead

oDoUoSoKo
01-06-2008, 04:24 PM
ahhh, ok

INF
01-06-2008, 11:49 PM
word up , I would buy a real copy of this b4 8D and thats reallll. And I always put Wu-Tang First. Wu-Tang has always been there but still.

TUCO
01-07-2008, 12:19 AM
i DL'd it....feel bad doing so since i own all albums (except Pablo Honey)
but wow its cool hearing em go back to simpler times
kinda like a mix between The Bends and OK Computer

4/5

Dr Zayus
01-07-2008, 03:12 AM
Disclaimer: It's a great album

But fuck, Radiohead coasting? Never thought I'd see that. It's depressing that one of the bands that pushed things forward more than anyone in the 90's and the early 00's saw fit to turn back the dial ten years. Finally putting Nude on record was a great idea though. I'll say again, I love the album. It ranks below their last 4 albums, however, and I'm hoping it's just a stopgap before the band does some other crazy shit.

STYLE
01-07-2008, 10:20 AM
well i think turning the dial back 10 years may be a good thing considering the past 10 years have been stagnated.

i rank this below kid A but above Amnesiac

OK computer was just the warm up to Kid A, like a test run, to paraphrase thom.

i really think Kid A was one of the most creative and innovative records of our time.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-07-2008, 11:36 AM
I loved Kid A. Probly my favorite one of Radioheads.

STYLE
01-07-2008, 12:33 PM
ive been listening to In Rainbows on repeat since 9am and its seems like they have gotten back to their roots. its much less digital then KidA or OkC. i actually hear elements from all of their albums in each song.
pushing the envelope? radiohead doesn't just put out an album when a new sound is perfected. they take samplings during the experimentation process and put it out. hail to the thief was a transition record from digital amnesiac and kidA to a more organic rainbows to ????
just as OkC was a transition from analog pablo to digi KidA

STYLE
01-07-2008, 12:38 PM
ive been listening to In Rainbows on repeat since 9am and its seems like they have gotten back to their roots. its much less digital then KidA or OkC. i actually hear elements from all of their albums in each song.
pushing the envelope? radiohead doesn't just put out an album when a new sound is perfected. they take samplings during the experimentation process and put it out. hail to the thief was a transition record from digital amnesiac and kidA to a more organic rainbows to ????
just as OkC was a transition from analog pablo to digi KidA

oDoUoSoKo
01-07-2008, 08:14 PM
i can not rank Kid A above this...OK computer is my fav of their records, and one of my favs albums of all time...its too cohesive and emotional to not be.

oDoUoSoKo
01-07-2008, 08:16 PM
word up , I would buy a real copy of this b4 8D and thats reallll. And I always put Wu-Tang First. Wu-Tang has always been there but still.
i co-sign 100% i bought 8D first week...i love it.

JerseyIronman
01-11-2008, 04:24 PM
Im starting to really feel this album

it took me a while like it does with most Radiohead.

My favorite tracks: Bodysnatchers, Faust Arp, Reckoner, Jigsaw Falling Into Place

Radiohead is an amazing band especially when im in a mellow mood I like to throw on some of their stuff.

Anyone here like Amnesiac? for some reason this is one of my favorite albums, its so low key and unique, I dont know why but i love it and can listen start to finish. I dont know how many i nights I played that on my iPod as i was going to sleep, its like one big lullaby.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-11-2008, 11:10 PM
Radiohead will always get my money because I know they put 110% into their albums and never release BS. They have never released trash ever.
In all honesty about the Wu Tang shit, 36 is prolly the only one i'd say i'd pay money for. That album got me started on Wu, but it was Rae and Ghosts shit that I prolly like the most.

But Radiohead is on another level musically than most anybody out there.

metal dog
01-17-2008, 06:40 AM
I can't wait to buy it but first I have to know how it compares with hail to the thief

oDoUoSoKo
01-17-2008, 08:01 PM
equally i think...idk actually incomparable id say actually, both great records...

STYLE
01-17-2008, 08:20 PM
Anyone here like Amnesiac? for some reason this is one of my favorite albums, its so low key and unique, I dont know why but i love it and can listen start to finish. I dont know how many i nights I played that on my iPod as i was going to sleep, its like one big lullaby.

according to thom, amnesiac are the songs that didn't make the kid A cut. hense the name, amnesiac, the forgotten songs.

i really like that album too. each radiohead record has a distinct flavor that has to be judjed independantly of the others.

fav songs right now off rainbows:
All I need
down is the new up
weird fishes
15 step

INF
01-17-2008, 11:33 PM
weird fishes is my shit.

PS - fuck ur girl to this whole album and she'll make you breakfast or something to eat when you 2's are recuperated

Longbongcilvaringz
01-19-2008, 07:27 AM
better than the other non hip hop ive heard this year (except daft punk)

the more i listen to it the better it is.

i dont think they've really done anything especially innovative or necessarily new.

not that it matters, still a very enjoyable piece of music.

metal dog
01-19-2008, 02:50 PM
better than the other non hip hop ive heard this year (except daft punk)

the more i listen to it the better it is.

i dont think they've really done anything especially innovative or necessarily new.

not that it matters, still a very enjoyable piece of music.

I don't know anything about Daft Punk what are they about?

Longbongcilvaringz
01-20-2008, 07:39 AM
are you being serious?

if so then look them up on wikipedia or something,

they make electro house music.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-29-2008, 08:17 PM
around the world around the woooorld