PDA

View Full Version : Ghostface Not Happy With the Wu?!

ClarkKent23
10-15-2007, 10:44 AM
More than a few heads were surprised when Ghostface announced that his new LP on Def Jam would be dropping on December 4th; the same day as the Clan's long awaited 8 Diagrams (and everyone else). According to Miss Info, there is indeed more to the story than just coincidental release dates.

Read more at:
http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.5831/title.ghostface-not-happy-with-wu-tang

HZA As Hemo
10-15-2007, 11:23 AM
C'mon someone give Ghost his goddamn money.

MARCUS-MTL-WU-LIFESTYLE
10-15-2007, 01:45 PM
He should keep that to himself and the concerned people and not share it with the whole entire planet!

LuckyTheWonderDog
10-15-2007, 01:57 PM
^^ Yeah but then everyone would bitch about why doesn't he do more stuff with them etc. You can't have it both ways. If he didn't say anything everyone would be like "why doesn't he tell us what's going on?!?!"

Kenny Powers
10-15-2007, 02:15 PM
what a baby

J-DON
10-15-2007, 05:12 PM
I got on some of them, a few of them. Niggas better pay my fucking money. Matter of fact, they can keep the money just get me out of their life right now.

damn...

I definately understand where Ghost is coming from though.

carlosey
10-15-2007, 05:18 PM
You keep that shit inside. Never hang it outside. This is a big mistake by ghost. When big bucks are involved there will always be arguments of this kind, but you dont deal with them like this.

Something tells me that this new album is just a bunch of leftover tracks from fishcale, just like the sequel to fishcale was. This album came out of nowhere. There is a chance he is trying to fuck over the sales of 8 diagrams out of spite.

J-DON
10-15-2007, 05:45 PM
Just because Ghostface didnt announce the release date until recently (big deal since wu announced it like 2 weeks ago anyways) doesnt mean him and the clan didnt already know Ghosts shit was coming out on december 4th.

carlosey
10-15-2007, 06:00 PM
not nessesarily, but it is a probability that this was done in retaliation. There are 2 albums dropping in the same date, and one of them came out of the blue while the other has been on the works for about a year. And even with that, this would be yet another release from ghost, and the clans 1st in 6 years. He should at least consider leting the Wu run free on this one and doing as best as possible considering that the wu album is a damn advertisement for him and his upcoming music. Its in his best interest to let the WU get big with this album.

In regards to the $$$ none of us can say anything withouth having full access to the situation. there will always be arguments when big money is involved. However airing dirty laundry is weak and I think ghost may be done (maybe for the best for now) but hopefully the wu can continue with the guys that want to continue. It sucks that artists that you like cause they seem to be about the music and the fans end up being all about the bill at the end of the day.

Maxxx Millisecondz
10-15-2007, 08:30 PM
fuck it. just gives me two things to look for on the 4th.

INS
10-15-2007, 10:01 PM
If anything Ghost dropping his album on the same day only HELPS the Wu. They will probably be marketed together, sold in the same rack etc. Thanks Ghost! :P

WallyG
10-15-2007, 11:51 PM
I personally think this is the last group album u gonna get from the clan. Guys r getting older and they did this album for us, the fans and for dirty. I personally can't see them doing another album together cuz they just getting older and u know, u want to do things in ur life while ur still breathing. I can see where ghost is coming from. Sometimes a break is good for a change, but that dont' mean he dont love his brothas. Ghost even mentions back in his previous interviews how he wanna build a shool in africa. I think this dude is gonna be that dude man. He the type of rolemodel that wanna do for the cause of the good, despite him having a troubled young lifestyle and carnage on the streets that made him who he is, but thats the life experience u go thru i guess.

SL33
10-16-2007, 06:05 AM
this is last wu album...gza lost his energy, rza went to movie music, everybody else went inidie (excluding rae meth and ghost) this is over

duotone
10-18-2007, 01:55 PM
i cant understand how niggas can fuck up like the clan...
they came not just as a clan... they came as a fam... they always said..."yeah we are family... we are forever...". and now? we see that the wu is based on a big lie...
steve rif better put the 8diagrams one week back or forth... ghost should stay cool and wait for his bucks... he has so much money... why can't he wait a bit...?!

num2son
10-18-2007, 04:22 PM
Then someone should move their album ahead.

J-DON
10-18-2007, 11:35 PM
i cant understand how niggas can fuck up like the clan...
they came not just as a clan... they came as a fam... they always said..."yeah we are family... we are forever...". and now? we see that the wu is based on a big lie...
steve rif better put the 8diagrams one week back or forth... ghost should stay cool and wait for his bucks... he has so much money... why can't he wait a bit...?!

Who the fuck wants to wait for money someone owes them. Be realistic here. Id want compensation for any work ive done ASAP period, its unprofessional for him to not have been paid yet.

duotone
10-19-2007, 07:20 AM
Who the fuck wants to wait for money someone owes them. Be realistic here. Id want compensation for any work ive done ASAP period, its unprofessional for him to not have been paid yet.

hold on.. you better be realistic... its like u got a lot of money... maybe 2 million dollar... and your sister owes you 100 $... would you get mad at her?!?
i dont think so... its ashamed when he never gets the money... but he can wait... he can survive without it..

sinfullycute
10-19-2007, 10:58 AM
No. You did work, you get paid immediately. Like there is anyone on here who wouldn't be raising hell if they got paid weekly and now their job decided, oh, we'll pay you when we can-maybe next year, or the year after that-you can wait.

benzo
10-19-2007, 11:15 AM
First off, Ghost doesn't control what dates albums drop, the labels do. Second, I doubt that the dude is the multi-millionaire that people assume he is. The music industry has been shit for years now with all the leaks, downloads, etc. It is VERY HARD to make alot of money selling records these days. Maybe he's set, maybe he's not. BTW though, isn't it usually the people that don't have dough that are always complaining about it?

duotone
10-19-2007, 12:03 PM
haa... thats nice... ghost is definatly a multimillionair... u cant denie...
wu tang hype was in 93... there wasnt anything going on with illeagl downlading... enter the 36 chambers was platinum in 1995 (dont know how many times it sold till now) ! wu forever quadruple platinum...
ironman and supreme clientele were a worldwide success... he has a pokerteam... he got money from wuwear... as a featurguest... believe me.... he is a multimillionaire...

benzo
10-19-2007, 12:39 PM
haa... thats nice... ghost is definatly a multimillionair... u cant denie...
wu tang hype was in 93... there wasnt anything going on with illeagl downlading... enter the 36 chambers was platinum in 1995 (dont know how many times it sold till now) ! wu forever quadruple platinum...
ironman and supreme clientele were a worldwide success... he has a pokerteam... he got money from wuwear... as a featurguest... believe me.... he is a multimillionaire...

Save your fuckin hahas. You have no idea what percentage (after management, promo fees, etc.) he's grossing off Wu shit. The dude is trying to MAINTAIN a lifestyle. There's no doubt that he was rich in the heyday but now...who knows? Also, Ghost doesn't strike me as being the smartest dude with money. You think he sat down and invested all that shit wisely or maybe he just spent it up on say...golden eagle arm pieces. Point is....I don't know, you don't know.....so save the smart ass attitude. Peace-

duotone
10-19-2007, 12:54 PM
it was no HAHA it was a Haa... its different... i wasnt laughing at you...
ofcourse they didnt save their money and spend it wisely... but when u buy a house... the money is not away... u can sell it and the money is back.
and the promo, advertisement etc. pays the label... a artist gets 1/10 - 2/10 from the sell of one copie...
and he earns money of the tour ... and so on...
fuckin britney spears gets 500.000$ a MONTH for the ultimaterights (dont know the englisch word so word by word translation)...

but, i dont know... u dont know... peace!

phadde96
10-19-2007, 01:24 PM
I think this whole thing is their twisted idea of keeping the world on the edge of it's seat. After all RZA quoted Alfred Hitchcock saying "always make the audience suffer as much as possible".

duotone
10-19-2007, 01:52 PM
it's very disappointing that ghost is on his egotrip.
he is one of the main founder of the wu. he started the wu with rza and the first track, wich was produced was "after the laughter" also known as tearz.... and now? he's on a good way to split the hole group... fuck it...

but i'll ever keep the w up...

ZiG 9th
10-20-2007, 12:55 AM
Damn this sux! Itz bad news unfortunately! This whole pushin the clan albums back time after time should be to no surprise to anyone by now! They're notorious for this bullshit! And they wonder why some fans lose faith in them and jump ship and follow another artist. Wu-Tang Clan iz a wreckless ass group! So disfunctional! Itz like a double edged sword. You love it b/c sometimes you just never know what you're gonna get with them. But then on the other hand itz like their music business suffers, b/c shit doesn't get handled the way it supposed to. I mean itz kool that they're all generals in their own right and they pride themselves on that but i think that can also be a bad thing. B/c ego's get in the way and shit can get krazy! I think it needs to go back to The RZA being the dictator! Then they wouldn't even be going through this petty bullshit! B/c RZA would tell Ghost when his album iz dropping! Like naah sunn we gonna drop your solo shit in Jan. '08 Drop the Clan album in early Dec. and then have your shit riding off the wave of that! But since everyone is on their own now shit iz krazy! They don't work as a single unit TEAM anymore! They have a bunch of ..."I's"......in there now! Everybody iz lookin out for self instead of the whole crew. What happened to the whole......"My seed marry his seed, thatz how we keep wu-tang money all up in the family"???? Remember when Ghost said that? lol!!! It soundz good! But how relaistic iz that? And i wonder how Ghost feels about that statement now?

ZiG 9th
10-20-2007, 01:15 AM
Also i think that it iz fucked up if indeed Ghost or whoever didn't get paid for touring? I would be upset about that too! Even if Ghost has 100million sittin somewhere(which i doubt), itz just the whole principle of it! You should get paid for your services! Isn't that what touring iz all about? Isn't that what artist look fwd too? Touring thatz where the REAL money iz made, not from record sales! Shit alot of artist don't even get to go on tour! So to have the opportunity to go and do a 30 date tour and make some good money iz a big deal! And in Ghost's unique situation where he's in a 9 member group, thatz the more money that he has to split up between the members. So of course he's gonna be stressin about that! But like i said before i guess we shouldn't be surprised about this either b/c wu iz once again notorious for their shady business practices! And thatz sad if Ghost iz complaining about it b/c he iz a main intricate part of the group and not just some affiliated artist. Bottomline is i think this iz the beginning of the end for Wu-tang Clan as a group. They're all in different places now musically, mentally, financially, personally and whatever esle. I don't see the same cohesion that was once there from '92-97.