PDA

View Full Version : Blue Sky Black Death & Hell Razah - Razah's Ladder

Chris
10-16-2007, 03:18 PM
Anyone listened to the leak yet? I'm loving this album. I already got my pre-order down for the 23rd but I just couldn't wait.

The Cube
"Half man half immortal send you through a time portal
Maccabee oracle, talk like Morpheus
this is motivation for the kids in the orphanage
Operation Butterfly, my mind metamorphosis
changed from a caterpillar attack of the black guerrillas"

Razah's flow on this song is crazy! Minus Elevation, the first three tracks on this album (production wise) are amazing. Razah's on top with the lyrics as always too.

I liked The Offering more from a first listen than what I have heard so far, but I'll still give this an 8/10.

Dominus Santorini
10-17-2007, 01:42 PM
Definitely a great album. Nothing groundbreaking though.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
10-17-2007, 02:21 PM

HELL RAZAH I THINK THE ALBUM HAS ALLOT OF PROMISE EVERYTHING HE'S DONE IT SEEMS HE'S ELEVATED AN THIS IS ANOTHER NOTCH ON HIS ELEVATION HE'S LIKE PRIEST IN ALLOT OF WAYS THAT HE'S PUTTING OUT MATERIAL AND JUST KILLING EVERYTHING HE'S DONE

Knowledge God
10-17-2007, 03:43 PM

yep

One and Only
10-17-2007, 04:57 PM
I am listening right now. Track 3 The Cube it's dope so far.

One and Only
10-17-2007, 04:59 PM
OOOOH THIS BEAT The Halos and wow Crooked I BSBD should do an album with him haha. Still waiting for more Crooked I. This shit is too hot so far.

V4D3R
10-17-2007, 07:35 PM
The Cube owns...

FasterBlade
10-17-2007, 10:50 PM
this is dope, these guys bring a pretty fresh approach. only regret for the whole thing is that he didnt kick a verse on 'Sun of Man' that beats retarted might be the best thing ive heard from them. Autobiography, The Cube, joint with P Sunn are my favs off first listen

i like the blend of up-tempo and more somber joints, theres a nice mix. really hope they produce the duo lp from Razah and Shabazz like they mentioned in the interview, these guys are talents

hide1998
10-18-2007, 02:28 PM
Really great album. I am absolutely buying this the DAY it comes out. Must own. I'm feeling every single track on this a lot.

Chris
10-18-2007, 06:04 PM
The Cube is fire. Crooked I kills his verse on Halos, too.

D-nizzle
10-19-2007, 01:07 PM
Link To Video for the new Single

http://www.hiphopcrack.com/viewVideo.hhc?videoId=283

TAURO
10-22-2007, 01:55 PM
I fucking love this album, Hell Razah spits flames on this and Blue Sky Black Death really brought the goods on the production. Crooked I, Prodigal Sunn, Shabazz, Sabac and Ill Bill all contributed nicely as well. 9/10

I downloaded it cos I just couldn't wait, but I will be buying it as soon as it's released and thats the truth.

Obnoxious
10-22-2007, 02:56 PM
Great album, have been listening to it alot and it just keeps sounding better. Will be buying this.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
10-22-2007, 04:00 PM
is it a crime if I liked the Renaissance Child better? don't get me wrong, this is a cool album, I'm really feelin' it in every aspect, just RC seems like something whoa :) it just suprised me more :)

TAURO
10-22-2007, 04:06 PM
is it a crime if I liked the Renaissance Child better? don't get me wrong, this is a cool album, I'm really feelin' it in every aspect, just RC seems like something whoa :) it just suprised me more :)

No, that album is dope too. The reason I prefer this album is because Razahs Ladder I feel was more consistent with the beats, plus each track flowed from each other. I can't say the same for Renaissance Child.....Some of the tracks sonically felt completely out of place and kind of ruined the vibe of the whole album. Razah spit fire on both albums though and for me it's too early to judge the lyrics on Razahs Ladder since i've only given it a couple of spins so far.

SikoCeLL
10-23-2007, 06:26 AM
My second favourite album this year.

kurupt_kw
10-25-2007, 04:52 PM
Didn't this come out on Tuesday?? Shit I've been looking for it all over the city and they don't even have it in their damn computers.

Edit - Never mind. I've been wasting my time on this and I now see it's scheduled for release on the 30th.

CITY ZEEKER
10-25-2007, 07:19 PM
mannn ive been illing for this album for the past couple of days and i finally got it, shit is a masterpiece. RAZAH RUBIES is that dood right now, i will give a description after i get a good listen. peace peace

MARCUS-MTL-WU-LIFESTYLE
10-25-2007, 08:47 PM
I'm buying it for sure! Without a doubt in my mind!

Homebrew
11-06-2007, 09:12 PM
yeah im breaking the rewind button with this joint. too badits not gonna sell dick. 98 or 99 this is a paltinum album.

Marwan
11-09-2007, 09:00 AM
Does anybody have THE CUBE in mp3 format? tighest song i've heard so far this year...hands down.....................

Mista JpKoff
11-12-2007, 09:18 AM
Damn Hell Razah knows how to create good albums (i mean, albums that are not a collection of random tracks). I might prefer Renaissance Child over that new one, because while both maintain coherence throughout, Renaissance switched vibes more often (see Project Jazz).
Blue Sky Black Death say they don't see the interest of having singles for underground artists, but i could tell them about the interest of an extensive booklet, even for underground artists... I bought both their "One MC and two beatmakers" albums, but i'd like to get a bit more than what i could get from downloading tracks and printing front and back covers... and that goes for alot albums in fact.
Back to the subject, Razah's Ladder is real cool, the quiet anger of Hell Razah combines beautifully with the melodic soulful musical background... That gives a great feeling to the whole thing. Their production has that typical Wu-Tang influence, even more than on the Holocaust joint. Project Prophecy is my cut, real banger. 4 mics for the album.

+
Concept
Melodies
Lyrics
No weak cuts
-
Some drums
A slight lack in diversity, on both verses (flow) and beats
Lack of standouts (except for Project Prophecy)

RynMur
12-05-2007, 11:04 PM
One of the best produced albums of the year. Really looking forward to more work from BSBD. Hell Razah really did a good job with these beats too. The only track I wasn't feeling was Painted Jezebels.

Top 3: The Cube, Halos, Better Than Jewelry

Overall Grade: (3.7/5) B+

TurnThePage
12-05-2007, 11:16 PM
poor righteous dreams i like a lot.

audiobiography is like at least a couple times a day listen right now

painted jezebels is dope..
great album, production is incredible...

9/10

11th Chamber
01-20-2008, 01:05 PM
Best album of 2007. Real talk.

Hot Nipple
01-22-2008, 02:17 PM
i think this is a great album and many might underestimate it

superior

NoSaidDate420
02-01-2008, 11:38 AM
to me- razah is one of the illest mc's out right now. way iller than he was back in 98/sunz of man era. listen to this album. the only negative aspect i can think of is it's too short. razah/priest/black market is about to put out mad new music and it'll probably be even better than this. MACCABEEZ!

Man @ Armz
02-16-2008, 06:54 PM
dont get me wrong i love this cd but sometimes i find he doesnt match well with BSBD and then again on a few tracks you feel like they where destined to meet Autobiography is the best song on the album by far

Assassinator
02-20-2008, 01:08 PM
awesome album cant get enough of audiobiography both him and shabazz murder it.

Guarded By Martyrs
02-20-2008, 01:21 PM
Hell Razah is lethal on this album.
Blue Sky Black Death are serious...EVERY single beat they bless.
Everything they drop is pure quality.
I would go as far to say they are only open to a diverse array of Emcees
Meaning only the best will blend well with their "Expert Crafted Beats"

Killah Priest NEEDS to be on their next project.
Whatever it is I expect it to blow everything out of the water !!!!

portis24
03-09-2008, 10:00 PM
Hell razah was nice on this album but blue sky black death owned this album.
favorites halo,the cube,and better than jewelry

Blaxican75
04-18-2008, 03:52 AM
This CD is fire for sure. Halos beat is one of the best beats ever. What I want to know is, other than this joint, why Crooked seems to always spit over mediocre beats? i hope he lets Blue Sky Black Eeath produced his next joint. Dude has skills no doubt.

Leo Angel
04-20-2008, 03:08 AM
superior

the best songs:
Audiobiography
Stairway To Heaven
The Cube
Written In Blood
Halos
Poor Righteous Dreams

rich gannon
04-20-2008, 06:58 PM
as much as i like hell razah, he's definetly one of my favorites rappers of all time but i hate the beats on that album. one listen and it hasnt seen the cd player again.

Mic Tyson
05-08-2008, 12:01 AM
i love this album. i just listened to it all the way through, and i gotta say blue sky black death are some ill producers. hell, i might even get that holocaust album after listening to these beats.

8.5/10

Hollow Dartz
05-24-2008, 07:06 PM
Anyone peep the Lil' Wayne diss on Stairway To Heaven?

NoSaidDate420
05-24-2008, 07:53 PM
^^^^ no i never noticed anything like that. i will listen again and try to find it, but please explain.

Hollow Dartz
05-24-2008, 08:08 PM
aight. Look...
I'm in the Pentagon lookin' for answers,
Found out ya best rapper had him a Phantom,(The Carter 2 has a Phantom on front cover)
No not the car in the back with the beautiful broad,
He had an older God writtin' his bars (Gillie The Kid was his Ghostwriter)...

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
05-27-2008, 12:51 AM
aight. Look...
I'm in the Pentagon lookin' for answers,
Found out ya best rapper had him a Phantom,(The Carter 2 has a Phantom on front cover)
No not the car in the back with the beautiful broad,
He had an older God writtin' his bars (Gillie The Kid was his Ghostwriter)...

yeah i mean what hot rapper doesn't have a ghost writer

Hollow Dartz
05-28-2008, 12:51 AM
^^^True but c'mon, what rapper has a Phantom on his album cover besides Wayne? Razah took a shot at Eminem on RC. So I could believe this...

11th Chamber
05-28-2008, 12:54 AM
^^^what he say to Em, and what track?

Guarded By Martyrs
05-28-2008, 12:55 AM
"I Ain't Tyring Go Femine Or Sell Like Eminem...
I'm 8 Miles Ahead Of Them Blowin' The Breath In 'Em"

Guarded By Martyrs
05-28-2008, 01:05 AM
^^^True but c'mon, what rapper has a Phantom on his album cover besides Wayne?

Mr. Lif has an album called "I-Phantom"

And his face is painted white...Not sure if that counts ?

11th Chamber
05-28-2008, 01:09 AM
"I Ain't Tyring Go Femine Or Sell Like Eminem...
I'm 8 Miles Ahead Of Them Blowin' The Breath In 'Em"

o yea, from Maccabee House

I forget shit sometimes

Hollow Dartz
05-28-2008, 10:48 AM
Mr. Lif has an album called "I-Phantom"

And his face is painted white...Not sure if that counts ?

It doesn't, just read the lyric.

Guarded By Martyrs
05-28-2008, 05:00 PM
Well...
You asked if Wayne was the only rapper to have a Phantom on his album cover...
I've never seen a Phantom...pehaps Mr. Lif is portrying a Phantom ?
Therefor it could count...Unless your talking about the car ?

Sorry I pay no attention to Lil' Wayne.

Hollow Dartz
05-29-2008, 12:33 AM
yeah the car..

Hollow Dartz
06-10-2008, 03:05 AM
I'll Review this album.

Elevation

Razah's Ladder
The album opens up with a real nice track. I love the horns and Instruments on this track. Razah comes hard on this joint "I can sniff a pussy out a football crowd" he coming for niggaz on this joint. This is a great way to start off an album. 4.5/5

The Cube
This is a great track right here, nice and calm beat delivered by BSBD and Hell Razah just goes in on here , I love the second verse he just rips it "
They say my roots run deeper than that tree Eve ate off
Fasten ya seatbelt, prepare for the takeoff
Watch for the Romans, cuz you just got paid off
They move in the form from Alexander to Adolf
My mind be a WarMachine built for the Maurist kings
The same way True Ali stood for his own regime
Razah gon' ride for the casualties on my team
Load up my clips, wipe my gun off with baby oil
Devils want beef? We in the hallway waitin' for you
Half man, half immortal, send you through a time portal
This is motivation for the kids in the orphanage
Operation butterfly, my mind metamorphesis
Change from a caterpillar, attack of the black guerillas
Round up all the killas, that stuck through the corridors with us
Bumrush the White House, set off the transmitters
Breakin' all camcorders, hijack the radio
Hotwire the news van and turn to The Razah Show"
.... 5/5

Halos
This joint is kind of boring to me, the beat is kind of dry, the lyrics on here are mad nice, Crooked I comes great on here and wakes me back up he just rips this shit, Razah comes better on his second verse, but the beat is kind of dry. 3.5/5

Most Merciful
Razah is spitting on here but this verse is from the Burn Babylon burn Mixtape if i'm not mistaken, it still sounds dope though, Hell Razah spitting the truth over a soulful beat, this is more like a interlude cause it's so short. 3.5/5

Audiobiography
This is one of those tracks..the beat on here is mad nice, then you get to the lyrics...aww man i might get heat for this but I think these niggaz tryna take too much credit. Living in Hell/Heaven & Hell don't sound nothing alike, I CAN give him this arugment about Combat/Meth vs Chef those tracks are too similar, everything else is just coincidence In my opinion, Then shabazz comes in he really doesn't say anything alot but some shit "Rae and Ghost gave my style to the enemy" I think that has to do with signing to a label or something, then he says at the end "in 96 I told big les i was god's son on rap city, in 98 Nas tatted the shit across his belly" how does he know if Nas was even watching that shit and that was 2 years ago, I don't know I just think these cats are tryna take too much credit, they still my favorite rappers though. 5/5

Poor Righteous Dreams
I'm feeling the beat on this joint, Razah comes nice on this joint but there is a verse from the Burn Babylon Burn mixtape on this joint, it still came out good on here though. 4/5

Better Than Jewlery
This is a nice joint right here, Razah flows nice on here, giving you this knowledge which is better than jewlery!! Lol, the beat is cool kind of short though, like most of the shit on here. 4/5

Project Prophecy
This is a great track aswell, this joint bumps at work. Hell Razah opens it up nice and the guest appearances are both dope, BSBD did a great job on this beat, this is in my top 3 on this album. 5/5

Painted Jezebels
Razah goes in on this joint, the beat is mad nice on here too, BSBD came through again, Razah dropping that shit on here, niggaz can't reach up to the ladder yet lol. 4.5/5

Written In Blood
The beat is cool, I was expecting something hyper but I was wrong, Hell Razah comes in cool but Prodigal Sunn just takes over the whole track, his flow and lyrics are just hard, he needs a second solo out soon. 4.5/5

Stairway to Heaven
This joint is ok, I peeped the Lil Wayne diss on the joint too lol, it's all good , Razah goes in on this joint but by now his messgae has become a little repetitive i'm not gonna lie. A nice track to end a nice lp though. 4/5

Sun Of Man

Lyrics - 4/5
Beats - 4/5
Overall - 4/5

This is a banger for sure, but not in that tense. The album doesn't really have any hard hitting tracks but it's still some good material by Razah on here, definitely a must buy if your a Hell Razah fan, Blue Sky Black Death Did a great job on the beats aswell, making this a solid effort.

wuswordz95
08-30-2008, 04:36 AM
i ove this album. i didnt know lil wayne dissed stairway to heavan. what a hater

5thlion
08-31-2008, 12:01 AM
I'll Review this album.

Elevation

Razah's Ladder
The album opens up with a real nice track. I love the horns and Instruments on this track. Razah comes hard on this joint "I can sniff a pussy out a football crowd" he coming for niggaz on this joint. This is a great way to start off an album. 4.5/5

The Cube
This is a great track right here, nice and calm beat delivered by BSBD and Hell Razah just goes in on here , I love the second verse he just rips it "
They say my roots run deeper than that tree Eve ate off
Fasten ya seatbelt, prepare for the takeoff
Watch for the Romans, cuz you just got paid off
They move in the form from Alexander to Adolf
My mind be a WarMachine built for the Maurist kings
The same way True Ali stood for his own regime
Razah gon' ride for the casualties on my team
Load up my clips, wipe my gun off with baby oil
Devils want beef? We in the hallway waitin' for you
Half man, half immortal, send you through a time portal
This is motivation for the kids in the orphanage
Operation butterfly, my mind metamorphesis
Change from a caterpillar, attack of the black guerillas
Round up all the killas, that stuck through the corridors with us
Bumrush the White House, set off the transmitters
Breakin' all camcorders, hijack the radio
Hotwire the news van and turn to The Razah Show"
.... 5/5

Halos
This joint is kind of boring to me, the beat is kind of dry, the lyrics on here are mad nice, Crooked I comes great on here and wakes me back up he just rips this shit, Razah comes better on his second verse, but the beat is kind of dry. 3.5/5

Most Merciful
Razah is spitting on here but this verse is from the Burn Babylon burn Mixtape if i'm not mistaken, it still sounds dope though, Hell Razah spitting the truth over a soulful beat, this is more like a interlude cause it's so short. 3.5/5

Audiobiography
This is one of those tracks..the beat on here is mad nice, then you get to the lyrics...aww man i might get heat for this but I think these niggaz tryna take too much credit. Living in Hell/Heaven & Hell don't sound nothing alike, I CAN give him this arugment about Combat/Meth vs Chef those tracks are too similar, everything else is just coincidence In my opinion, Then shabazz comes in he really doesn't say anything alot but some shit "Rae and Ghost gave my style to the enemy" I think that has to do with signing to a label or something, then he says at the end "in 96 I told big les i was god's son on rap city, in 98 Nas tatted the shit across his belly" how does he know if Nas was even watching that shit and that was 2 years ago, I don't know I just think these cats are tryna take too much credit, they still my favorite rappers though. 5/5

Poor Righteous Dreams
I'm feeling the beat on this joint, Razah comes nice on this joint but there is a verse from the Burn Babylon Burn mixtape on this joint, it still came out good on here though. 4/5

Better Than Jewlery
This is a nice joint right here, Razah flows nice on here, giving you this knowledge which is better than jewlery!! Lol, the beat is cool kind of short though, like most of the shit on here. 4/5

Project Prophecy
This is a great track aswell, this joint bumps at work. Hell Razah opens it up nice and the guest appearances are both dope, BSBD did a great job on this beat, this is in my top 3 on this album. 5/5

Painted Jezebels
Razah goes in on this joint, the beat is mad nice on here too, BSBD came through again, Razah dropping that shit on here, niggaz can't reach up to the ladder yet lol. 4.5/5

Written In Blood
The beat is cool, I was expecting something hyper but I was wrong, Hell Razah comes in cool but Prodigal Sunn just takes over the whole track, his flow and lyrics are just hard, he needs a second solo out soon. 4.5/5

Stairway to Heaven
This joint is ok, I peeped the Lil Wayne diss on the joint too lol, it's all good , Razah goes in on this joint but by now his messgae has become a little repetitive i'm not gonna lie. A nice track to end a nice lp though. 4/5

Sun Of Man

Lyrics - 4/5
Beats - 4/5
Overall - 4/5

This is a banger for sure, but not in that tense. The album doesn't really have any hard hitting tracks but it's still some good material by Razah on here, definitely a must buy if your a Hell Razah fan, Blue Sky Black Death Did a great job on the beats aswell, making this a solid effort.

forgive me if im wrong but in that verse in the cube when u say he said watch for the romans cuz u just got paid off ...i think hes saying watch them romans cuz judas got paid of meaning that hes sayin watch the modern day romans cuz back then they paid off judas to snitch on christ makes sense to me.
but this album is bangin its hell razazahs behind the stained glass album where as its mad spiritual an renausance is his hip op album like priest offerin

Hollow Dartz
08-31-2008, 12:19 PM
you're probably right, i copied and pasted the lyrics from a site.

famenchuan
08-31-2008, 12:34 PM
ill album. Very positive stuff on here but not in a corny hippy way.

Illmatic Hispanic
08-31-2008, 12:42 PM
It is a ill album, still gotta review but damn some real good beats on here. I still can't believe none of you like "Pray Together" thats one of the standouts fucking ill beat

11th Chamber
08-31-2008, 02:24 PM
^^ Pray Together is a great track

Illmatic Hispanic
09-01-2008, 01:07 PM
I think it's possibly, the best beat I heard from BSBD. Where did these dudes come from? were they in a group or somethin? Priest and the clan should work with these guys too.