PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Headz

wufan10304
10-18-2007, 07:16 PM
now that Sony has dropped the price of the PS3 to 399, (40gig) version, it drops Nov 2nd, does anyone with a 60 gig, or 80 gig PS3 even come close to using all the hard drive space? i dont mind not playing ps2 games, but i was just wondering about the hard drive space. i know i can upgrade the hard drive, but its really not that serious. im really just buying it to play the games thats not on xbox360. so my main question is, do you use up your hard drive space on your ps3!

Jet Set
10-18-2007, 08:05 PM
gimped

They need more games, with more downloadable content. Plus store with HD movies & shows. It'll be full in no time.

oDoUoSoKo
10-18-2007, 09:34 PM
damn, i gotta hurry up and get the 60...

DJMethods
10-20-2007, 01:22 PM
naaah i dont come close really, i dont download shitloads though, just games id play. plus you can delete them, upgrade HD space yourself..

BRONZBODY
10-21-2007, 12:29 AM
naw but i put a 100 gig hdd in mine so...you will be good!!

Ink Is My Drink
10-22-2007, 07:20 PM
my mates that have them dont really use up that much space of there 60gb

i def jus got a 60gb like 2 days ago though as alot of good deals at the moment for 60gb. got 2 free games i got colin mcrae dirt (motorstorm was out of stock so asked if i could ahev dirt and they said yeah) and resistance fall of man. and 2 free blu ray dvds got james bond then asked if instead of getting anouther blu ray dvd i could get a dvd remote for the ps3 and they said yeh.all for 350 which i thought was pretty good

Classic
10-23-2007, 12:34 AM
i also heard that the one that got the price drop gets shit on too.
like no backwards compatability, etcccc.
this true?

netscape check two
10-23-2007, 02:00 AM
I was looking to get a PS3 also, but wasn't keeping up that good with the recent news about then. So could somebody update me.. is there going to keep being a 40 GB, 60 GB, and 80 GB versions? Or is one of the versions being discountinued? What are the current prices of each version? And you can't play PS2 games on the 40 GB version? Thanks.

Jet Set
10-23-2007, 09:29 AM
We're choosing to focus on the PlayStation 2 consumer with the PlayStation 2, which remains incredibly relevant, and focus on the PlayStation 3 consumer with the new 40-gigabyte model and the great software coming out... Backward compatibility is a nice secondary consideration, but it's far from the number-one priority.
http://www.reuters.com/article/technologyNews/idUSN1732325620071018?feedType=RSS&feedName=technologyNews&pageNumber=1

netscape check two
10-23-2007, 02:53 PM
Thanks for the link, Jet Set.

Is the 60 GB version still available in some stores?

Can you also play PS1 games on the 80 GB version? lol

I like the idea of being able to play PS2 games on the 80 GB version. Then I also wouldn't need to keep my PS2, in order to keep playing my PS2 games. Though for me, I'm not sure if it's worth the extra $100. Plus I don't know if I would need the extra storage space. I'm not as much as an avid gamer as when I was younger, so I wouldn't be getting tons of games. If you do fill up your storage space, are memory cards available for the PS3 at all? lol

Jet Set
10-27-2007, 02:50 PM
Haha, that's a Q nobody has been asking. Is the PS3 bc with PSX [I don't like the PS1 term, PSX brings more nostalgia for me] games. Honestly I don't know. I would expect so. Since the chip should not be that expensive, besides the PS3 looks powerfull enough to emulate it. Also PSN sells some PSX games.

Hold up, just read u on the issue, and the answer is yes. PS3 is bc with PSX games. The emulation is performed on a software side as I expected.

When asked about PSOne games, Sony told GameSpot, "the backwards compatibility of PSOne titles is achieved through software and the vast majority of PSOne titles are backwards compatible with the new PS3." Sony did not return calls to comment by press time on why PlayStation 2 compatibility--which has always been handled with software in European PS3s--could not be achieved with the new model as well.
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6180463.html?sid=6180463&part=rss&subj=6180463

If you search hard enough you can always find one of those early consoles. It's just matter of looking in teh right stores for the right serial.

Jet Set
10-27-2007, 02:51 PM
Read up on it here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ps3#Retail_configurations