PDA

View Full Version : How do you interpret this?

Ultimate Fist
10-22-2007, 01:21 AM
MESSENGER ELIJAH MUHAMMAD
MEETS THE PRESS
Excerpt Reprinted from Muhammad Speaks Newspaper February 4, 1972

Question: After you are gone, Mr. Muhammad, the Nation of Islam will continue to exist, but how?

Messenger Muhammad: It will be a New Islam to what the Old Orthodox Islam is today. It will be all together a new one.

Question: You mean your successor will reside over a new Islam?

Messenger Muhammad: There will be no Successor. There is no need for a successor when a man has got the divine truth and has brought you face to face with God.

Question: How will your resources be administered?

Messenger Muhammad: That will be carried on by the Nation, after setting up the Nation on the right way or right path to take care of themselves. They do not need any more instructions on that. They will follow it as the Constitution of America has been followed.

Question: Will it be run by local Mosques?

Messenger Muhammad: No. No. No. After this, the whole entire Nation of Black people will be governed divinely and the government will be a divine government. And not something that is governed locally like we have today. We will have a divine government set up for us and it will stand forever. We will not need any change.

Ultimate Fist
10-22-2007, 02:52 AM
Simple.

It's called "bullshit".

LOL, that was blunt.

Cthulhu
10-22-2007, 09:52 PM
For once I agree with Urban Journalz.

Urban_Journalz
10-23-2007, 03:12 AM
For once I agree with Urban Journalz.

I'm sure our reasons differ though. Just for kicks, I'll let you go first and keep it civil.

maestro wooz
10-23-2007, 03:42 AM
these people have great ideas and are amazing figures able to bring people together, they just fuck up when they think theyre divine

Ultimate Fist
10-23-2007, 04:03 AM
these people have great ideas and are amazing figures able to bring people together, they just fuck up when they think theyre divine

No kidding.

As I get older, I find myself more and more skeptical of Elijah. You know, when you're 16, all this talk about a black nation and pigs being 1/3 cat 1/3 rat and 1/3 dog and a divine plan for helping one's self sound cool but once you get a little more mature, it starts to sound really stupid. I can't believe how cool I used to think Elijah Muhammad was. He was crazy! Every once and a while, he said something useful but he said a lot more crazy stuff than useful stuff. Looking at the Muhammad Speaks website, everything he wrote in the last 3 years of life was damn near incoherent.

Just check out this rant I found on the same site where he talks about how it's bad to own a dog:

"My Black brothers and sisters, wake up from this ignorance. When we become dog worshipers it shows that we suffer from a psychological or emotional illness and are really covering feelings of guilt and self doubt.

It indicates that there is something lacking in your dealing and communication with people and you feel that this 'show' of kindness toward an animal will compensate for these short comings.

When you find yourself relying on the companionship of dumb animals, it is because your company is disagreeable to beings of higher intelligence?

Is it because a dog cannot hear with an understanding ear your ignorance and negative remarks, nor can it feel the sting of your superior attitudes and false pride, and cannot stand in judgment of you?

You feel secure and safe before the spiritually unseeing eyes of an animal and that's when you feel that dog is Man's best friend. In most cases we can ask, Why shouldn't they be?

Some of the same people who turn up their noses and are too proud to speak to human beings, who offer weak and diluted excuses for their arrogance and mistreatment of people, lovingly pet and cuddle animals.

Some of the same people whose budget minimizes food for themselves and their children religiously feed their dogs on time every day and express resentment for serving their own families.

Some of the same people who take pride in the training of their pets let their children grow up and go out into society like wild animals for the lack of that home training so lavishly bestowed upon a dog.

Yes, many of the Dog Worshippers have come to treat people like dogs and dogs like people.

You, Dog Worshipers...Why don't you come to grips with reality? You have NO excuse for zoo keeping in your homes. To prove how backwards you've become, some of you claim to keep these dogs for protection against harm from enemies and trespassers. It seems you take security in the protection of a d-o-g above the protection of G-o-d, the Supreme BEING, Whose Proper Name is Allah.

And while you think this dog is protecting you, who then, is going to protect you from the dog?

Besides being known as disease carriers, infested with germs from the saliva in their mouths to the hair of their backs, we must understand that if he will turn on one that you have determined to be an enemy, one day he may turn on you.

In this day and time we cannot predict what human beings, whose minds are of superior intelligence, will and will not do. Therefore, it would be foolish for us to think we can predict the behavior of dogs.

With all of the danger that surrounds and threatens us, we willfully bring this source of potential danger into our homes.

The dog is related in ancestry to the wolf which is a wild, fierce, flesh-eating animal, and he will instinctively eat your flesh. Of course Black people should be more aware of that fact than anyone.

As we trace back to the origin of this phrase, "Dog is Man's best friend." we find that it originally referred to the Cave man. The two were equal in their beastial nature and they got along like brothers. The trained dog was his faithful companion and was used for hunting purposes and as a warner and protector against other animals.

The cave man's children used their dogs in a very similar manner through the sordid history of the Black man in America."

Longbongcilvaringz
10-23-2007, 04:07 AM
^ it is fucking amazing that someone could have those thoughts seriously.

froth
10-23-2007, 11:37 AM
*pets dog*

Prolifical ENG
10-23-2007, 02:00 PM
Messenger Muhammad: There will be no Successor. There is no need for a successor when a man has got the divine truth and has brought you face to face with God.

I interpret that not as an Islamic or any kind of religion thats almost universal.

urbanlegend
10-23-2007, 03:51 PM
It's sad that some people can actually believe some of the ridiculous things they say. And by this, I don't mean some of the principals behind NoI are wrong or bad, but in general, a lot of off-the-wall stuff is said and trying to convince people to believe these things by accusing them or using fear is wack.

If a man or woman is a good person, improves on themselves daily and helps their peers and their community; honesty, loyal, trustworthy, kind, sincere, etc. then that's all they need. If you're a good person and always try and live a just life, there is no need to be instructed by anyone who is telling you how YOU should be.

Feel me?

You can be young, old, black, white, yellow, red, Christian, Muslim, Jew, whatever and still be a good person no matter what - it's dependent on you as a person; your character; your discipline, your values, and your actions. No single man or woman can be your ruler, your controller, or your divine master.

begongo
10-24-2007, 09:37 AM
i interpret this as very ridiculous

Black Man
10-24-2007, 02:07 PM
I interpret that not as an Islamic or any kind of religion thats almost universal.

can you clarify. i really don't understand what you're saying.

Black Man
10-24-2007, 02:09 PM
while some seek to "interpret" the wise seek the understanding.

urbanlegend
10-24-2007, 02:23 PM
while some seek to "interpret" the wise seek the understanding.

True, but understand this; talking outlandishly to get across a certain message isn't all that smart. If someone wants to help others understand, you can be a lot more down to earth and leave room for a lot less criticism and misunderstanding.

Black Man
10-24-2007, 03:26 PM
True, but understand this; talking outlandishly to get across a certain message isn't all that smart. If someone wants to help others understand, you can be a lot more down to earth and leave room for a lot less criticism and misunderstanding.

Talking outlandishly...hmmmmm. What's outlandish to you isn't going to be the same as the next person, would you agree? What exactly did you read that was outlandish? This way, I'll be able to better understand where it is you're coming from in regards to the topic of this thread. Also, what did you see as criticism and misunderstanding?

urbanlegend
10-24-2007, 04:16 PM
Talking outlandishly...hmmmmm. What's outlandish to you isn't going to be the same as the next person, would you agree? What exactly did you read that was outlandish? This way, I'll be able to better understand where it is you're coming from in regards to the topic of this thread. Also, what did you see as criticism and misunderstanding?

Correct, different people see things differently. As far as outlandish comments or misunderstandings, I was talking in general - it wasn't necessarily specific to what was said, but more as to some of the comments or feelings others had.

And to be quite honest, I rather not get into too many specifics of how I feel because I rather not get into any arguments over the Internet or any disagreements, because again, some people might take offence or see things differently and respond agressively.

Black Man
10-24-2007, 04:49 PM
Correct, different people see things differently. As far as outlandish comments or misunderstandings, I was talking in general - it wasn't necessarily specific to what was said, but more as to some of the comments or feelings others had.

And to be quite honest, I rather not get into too many specifics of how I feel because I rather not get into any arguments over the Internet or any disagreements, because again, some people might take offence or see things differently and respond agressively.

I can respect that.....really really really respect that (the arguement part).

Trust, I'm not here to argue (contrary to popular belief) either, just to add on and take away the best part. I would like to pick your brain respectfully that is. If you would like to discuss what WE'VE been speaking on please send me a p.m. and we can discuss in a peaceful manner.

Prolifical ENG
10-24-2007, 05:34 PM
can you clarify. i really don't understand what you're saying.

In one way, a man can only teach you so much until you know the truth. That is, some concepts are tougher to grasp especially when the truth is hard to see. In Mohammed's case its "bringing you [The Nation] face to face with god".

There is no need for a successor if everyone has knowledge of self. In that specific case its the Nation. But moreover that concept can apply to other things when initial guidance is no longer needed.

Once things are set up they are easy to follow. A follower doesn't always need a distinct leader.

urbanlegend
10-24-2007, 08:51 PM
I can respect that.....really really really respect that (the arguement part).

Trust, I'm not here to argue (contrary to popular belief) either, just to add on and take away the best part. I would like to pick your brain respectfully that is. If you would like to discuss what WE'VE been speaking on please send me a p.m. and we can discuss in a peaceful manner.

I love to discuss things, bring things up that others ignore and really debate situations and beliefs, but one thing I found is that not a lot of people are willing to debate something thoroughly. Too many times emotions or personal experiences come into play or people just don't want to listen - and others, just believe that they will always be right and their way is always right and won't even give you the second to speak.

As far as I am concerned, you don't need another human being to lead you or tell you how to be. We all can be our own leaders, and even leaders need assistance and guidance at times; thus we can all help each other.

Anyways, I am always willing to discuss things and understand both sides to the situation, even if I believe in 1 side. Regardless, I appreciate your response and I am also open to discuss things, in thread, or via PM.

Respect, bro.

urbanlegend
10-24-2007, 08:53 PM
In one way, a man can only teach you so much until you know the truth. That is, some concepts are tougher to grasp especially when the truth is hard to see. In Mohammed's case its "bringing you [The Nation] face to face with god".

There is no need for a successor if everyone has knowledge of self. In that specific case its the Nation. But moreover that concept can apply to other things when initial guidance is no longer needed.

Once things are set up they are easy to follow. A follower doesn't always need a distinct leader.

Word

Black Man
10-25-2007, 09:02 AM
In one way, a man can only teach you so much until you know the truth.

A MASTER (TEACHER) NOT ONLY GIVES HIS STUDENT A SOUND FOUNDATION (KNOWLEDGE) THE MASTER (ONE WHO KNOWS AND UNDERSTANDS) ALSO CONTINUES TO GUIDE HIS STUDENT INTO UNDERSTANDING, AND THIS PROCESS IS A NEVER ENDING PROCESS. KNOWING THE TRUTH IS ONLY THE BEGININNING, IT'S NOT THE END OF THE JOURNEY.

That is, some concepts are tougher to grasp especially when the truth is hard to see. In Mohammed's case its "bringing you [The Nation] face to face with god".

EACH PERSON COMES INTO THEIR OWN UNDERSTANDING IN THEIR OWN TIME, AND SOME NEVER UNDERSTAND. IT'S NOT BASED ON THE CONCEPT IT'S THE PERSON WHO DETERMINES HOW HARD SOMETHING IS FOR THEM.

WHAT HE IS SAYING IS THAT AFTER HIM, THERE WILL BE NO "LEADERS" ONLY BEST KNOWERS (GODS). THE LAST BOOK OF THE OLD TESTAMENT SPEAKS ON THE ABOVE, AND WHEN UNDERSTOOD IT IS EASY TO SEE (UNDERSTAND).

FOR THOSE WHO THINK HE IS TALKING ABOUT THE "NATION" (N.O.I AS MOST KNOW IT) HE'S NOT TALKING ABOUT THAT NATION.

GUIDANCE IS ALWAYS NEEDED, ESPECIALLY IN THE INITIAL STAGES OF GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT. BRUCE LEE WAS A "MASTER" (HE KNOWS AND UNDERSTANDS HIS ART) BUT DUDE STILL PRACTICED (WISDOM).

WHAT ELIJAH MUHAMMAD IS SPEAKING OF IN THAT QUOTE, IS THE COMING OF ALLAH WHICH IS AFTER HIM. THAT IS WHY THERE IS NO SUCCESSOR TO "HIS" NATION OF ISLAM.

ONCE THINGS ARE SET UP, IT IS VERY DIFFICULT TO FOLLOW ESPECIALLY WHEN THE "FOUNDER" IS NOT LONGER THERE. THIS IS CLEARLY SEEN IN ELIJAH'S NATION OF ISLAM AND IT'S HISTORY (IF YOU KNOW THE HISTORY).

A FOLLOWER ALWAYS NEEDS A LEADER, THAT IS WHY HE OR SHE IS A FOLLOWER. THEY NEED A LEADER, A DISTINCT LEADER. THAT IS THE NATURE OF A FOLLOWER.

Prolifical ENG
10-25-2007, 09:20 AM
Well...thats the way how I "interpreted" it. A phase in life. What will a man say will happen after his death? Of course those processes are never ending but also ending.

I never looked deep into the history of the whole thing. Someone said interpret and I took that specific quote (right there right now) and explained how it can work on many levels with example.

Nevertheless thank you for writing down what he REALLY meant. As some others just dismiss things.

Of course if you look into anything in depth your interpretations change. Its like peeling back layers of an onion. It is fascinating how much the man said in just 2 sentences.

Black Man
10-25-2007, 10:01 AM
Well...thats the way how I "interpreted" it. A phase in life. What will a man say will happen after his death? Of course those processes are never ending but also ending.

I never looked deep into the history of the whole thing. Someone said interpret and I took that specific quote (right there right now) and explained how it can work on many levels with example.

Nevertheless thank you for writing down what he REALLY meant. As some others just dismiss things.

Of course if you look into anything in depth your interpretations change. Its like peeling back layers of an onion. It is fascinating how much the man said in just 2 sentences.

i didn't say what you said was wrong, i only added on to the discussion.

if you're looking deep into something, i think you're doing more than trying to "interprete" something feel me? when you look deep into something, your striving for that understanding. you want to see it for what it is. you might "interprete" wrong.......that's what happens when you skim the surface.

it's like your name prolificeng, skim the surface and your name sounds fly (prolific sounds fly to me) but look a little deeper and it's more than just a fly sounding name but now you see it has some meaning to it.

Prolifical ENG
10-25-2007, 11:18 AM
hahaha yeah but I can tell you my username has no meaning to it...its just fly. "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar".

Nah I wasnt implying you thought I was wrong....there were things I wanted to add after I posted.

It was a good add on....it shows how interpretations vary from how much you actually know and the way you think. If you know more about a specific event, person, and their experiences you will know what they mean more.

It reminds me of high school english class how the teachers always obsessed over symbolism.....some "symbols" in writing aren't even intentional....but sometimes they are interpreted that they are meaningful.

Black Man
10-25-2007, 11:48 AM
hahaha yeah but I can tell you my username has no meaning to it...its just fly. "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar".

Nah I wasnt implying you thought I was wrong....there were things I wanted to add after I posted.

It was a good add on....it shows how interpretations vary from how much you actually know and the way you think. If you know more about a specific event, person, and their experiences you will know what they mean more.

It reminds me of high school english class how the teachers always obsessed over symbolism.....some "symbols" in writing aren't even intentional....but sometimes they are interpreted that they are meaningful.

Even a cigar has meaning...lol. Well, your name was "fly" enough for me to look up to know what "prolific" meant. Sometimes a fly name is just a fly name right?

You're right with the above, and really right about some "symbols" in writing aren't even intentional.

Well, next time you have something to add on, add on. Don't keep a bruh waiting.

Prolifical ENG
10-25-2007, 06:34 PM
On the other hand "prolifical" isnt even a word....but I think thats changing. If you google it, most links will lead to my profile on the corp but some lead to actual definitions leading off of prolific.

I guess this is another thread where I evaded the concrete subject and looked at it abstractly. I took something and broke it up into abstract "infinitesimal " amounts to try to better understand it. Then Black Man broke it down even further than that!

Some people know a lot about some subjects while others know a little bit about everything.

Basically, I don't know a lot about Messenger Mohammad.

To people that don't share similar insights it may seem "outlandish" the way he speaks to get messages across as mentioned above. Maybe there are things you just have to know.

As I made a conclusion earlier on how he said a lot with 2 sentences I have analyzed, perhaps the "outlandish" characteristic is from someone sounding vague but is really being precise. Thats how what he said I interpreted as almost universal part of life. Is "outlandish" speaking in unintentional paradoxes?

Some people do intentionally say something in the "grey area" between concrete and abstract. On the other hand maybe that is required when speaking about spirituality. Spirituality can be visualized on a different plane of existence and that "grey area" is the gateway. Even my comparison here is in the "grey area" takes a paradox to explain it further.

Someone also said, "Looking at the Muhammad Speaks website, everything he wrote in the last 3 years of life was damn near incoherent." I would say the incoherence is from him trying to say even more with fewer words.

But of course if you have followed him, experienced similar things, etc. Then you can understand the precision while others will be confused, hence points are misunderstood by the others.

Perhaps when I don't get a particular message that doesn't seem down to Earth I start thinking abstractly for possible answers.

Black Man
10-26-2007, 01:57 PM
On the other hand "prolifical" isnt even a word....but I think thats changing. If you google it, most links will lead to my profile on the corp but some lead to actual definitions leading off of prolific.

YOU KNOW WHAT, I'VE BEEN LOOKING AT YOUR NAME ALL WRONG. I SAW PROLIFIC AND NOT PROLIFICAL....EITHER WAY, I STILL SAY IT'S A FLY NAME. LOL. WHAT'S REALLY FUNNY I WAS ABOUT TO GET ON YOU ABOUT YOUR NAME. LIKE, I LOOKED IT UP, SO I WOULDN'T LOOK FOOLISH TELLING YOU WHAT YOUR NAME MEANS AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT MEANS.. I DIDN'T WANT TO SAY YOUR NAME MEANS AB&C AND IT REALLY MEANS XY&Z. LOL. GLAD I KEPT MY MOUTH SHUT!!! HA HA.

I guess this is another thread where I evaded the concrete subject and looked at it abstractly. I took something and broke it up into abstract "infinitesimal " amounts to try to better understand it. Then Black Man broke it down even further than that!

LIKE YOU SAID, IT'S HOW YOU INTERPRET IT. I DON'T LIKE TO GIVE MY OPINION ON THINGS BECAUSE MY OPINION MAY BE WRONG. I STRIVE TO SPEAK ON WHAT I KNOW, THAT'S WHY I SAID WHAT I SAID. LIKE, I DON'T NEED TO MAKE AN INTERPRETATION WHEN I KNOW.

ONE THING, WHAT YOU DID WAS GOOD. LIKE ELIJAH SAYS ABOUT ISLAM, HE'S NOT CHANGING ISLAM ONLY DIGGING DEEPER. THE MUSLIM FROM "ARABIA" SUNNI, SHIITE.....THEY LOOKED AT ELIJAH LIKE HE WAS CRAZY TO SAY THE LEAST, BUT ALL HE DID WAS DIG DEEPER. THEN LOOK AT HOW THE NOI LOOKS AT THE NGE....THEY LOOK AT THE NGE AS....WELL, IT'S PROBABLY WORST THAN WHAT THE ORTHODOX MUSLIM COMMUNITY SAYS ABOUT THE NOI...LOL. THE NGE ONLY DUG DEEPER. THAT'S HOW YOU GET THE UNDERSTANDING. LIKE GZA'S SECOND ALBUM, BENEATH THE SURFACE. YOU GOTTA SCRATCH BENEATH THE SURFACE TO SEE.

SO, WHAT YOU DID WAS A GOOD THING. THERE'S 360 DEGREES IN A CIRCLE OR A CIPHER, AND EVERYTIME YOU WALK THE CIRCLE OR THE CIPHER, YOU CAN AND SHOULD LEARN SOMETHING NEW. SAME CIRLCE JUST GOTTA VIEW IT FROM THIS ANGLE AND THEN THAT ANGLE. CLIMB A TREE AND CHECK IT FROM THAT ANGLE KNOWWHATI'M SAYIN'?

Some people know a lot about some subjects while others know a little bit about everything.

MOS DEF. THERE'S SOME SUBJECT I KNOW ALOT ABOUT. I'M INTO SCIENCE. I'VE BEEN READING (JUST FOR PLEASURE) SCIENCE BOOKS SINCE I WAS IN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL. NOT ONLY WAS I READING, I WAS GETTING SCIENTIFIC INSTRUMENTS ALSO. I KNEW WHAT A CELL LOOKED LIKE BEFORE I EVER HAD BIOLOGY....HELL BEFORE I GOT TO JR. HIGH.

THEN THERE'S OTHER SUBJECTS I KNOW ALOT ABOUT, LIKE RELIGION. I MEAN, I WAS CHRISTIAN AND MUSLIM (NOT NOI) BEFORE. I HAVE FAMILY WHO ARE BOTH. I'VE READ BOTH BOOKS FRONT TO BACK THEN BACK TO FRONT...LITERALLY. ARABIC, WAS LEARNING THE LANGUAGE. CAN'T BE MAKING SALAT IN ENGLISH LOL.

THEN THERE'S SUBJECT I KNOW A LITTLE ABOUT. I STRIVE TO KNOW AT LEAST A LITTLE BIT ABOUT EVERYTHING. THAT WAY, I'M NOT LOST IN CONVERSATIONS WHEN I'M AROUND OTHER PEOPLE. SMELL ME?

Basically, I don't know a lot about Messenger Mohammad.

LOL, I DO.

To people that don't share similar insights it may seem "outlandish" the way he speaks to get messages across as mentioned above. Maybe there are things you just have to know.

THERE'S THINGS THAT HE SAYS THAT I WOULD SAY ARE "OUTLANDISH." I PROBABLY WOULDN'T USE THAT WORD BUT FOR THE SAKE OF "ARGUMENT."

ULTIMATFIST POSTED SOMETHING HE SAID ABOUT DOGS. HE TOOK IT HOW HE TOOK IT. HOWEVER, I KNOW HIS BACKGROUND IN REGARDS TO THAT ANIMAL AND TO THOSE WHO HAVE A DIFFERENT EXPERIENCE WILL BE BETTER EQUIPPED TO UNDERSTAND WHAT HE WAS SAYING ABOUT DOGS. THERE'S A HISTORY BEHIND THAT. THE SAYING "A DOG IS MAN'S BEST FRIEND" THAT'S NOT A "BLACK THANG" TO SAY THE LEAST.

WHEN ELIJAH SPOKE, HE SPOKE TO "HIS" AUDIENCE. HE HAD A TARGET GROUP, WITH "SPECIAL" NEEDS.

LIKE YOU JUST SAID, THERE ARE THINGS THAT YOU NEED TO KNOW.

As I made a conclusion earlier on how he said a lot with 2 sentences I have analyzed, perhaps the "outlandish" characteristic is from someone sounding vague but is really being precise. Thats how what he said I interpreted as almost universal part of life. Is "outlandish" speaking in unintentional paradoxes?

WHEN A MAN OFFERS 10,000 BUCKS TO ANYBODY WHO CAN PROVE HIM WRONG, YOU GOTTA BE PRECISE. 10,000 BUCKS BACK THEN....C'MON NOW YOU'RE LIVIN BETTER THE NICE.

Some people do intentionally say something in the "grey area" between concrete and abstract. On the other hand maybe that is required when speaking about spirituality. Spirituality can be visualized on a different plane of existence and that "grey area" is the gateway. Even my comparison here is in the "grey area" takes a paradox to explain it further.

EACH PERSON HAS THEIR OWN UNIQUE WAY OF EXPRESSING THEMSELVES, AND BECAUSE OF THIS ALOT OF PEOPLE MISUNDERSTAND THINGS BECAUSE THEY DON'T KNOW HOW TO "DRAW UP" WHAT'S BEING SAID. THEY'RE CAUGHT IN THE HOW HE SAID IT VS. WHAT IT IS THAT'S BEING SAID.

IF A LITTLE KID IS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET ABOUT TO GET HIT BY A CAR. HOW DO YOU TELL HIM TO MOVE? QUIETLY???? OR DO YOU SCREAM, GET YOUR ASS OUT THE STREET BOY!!! YOU SPEAK IN A CERTAIN MANNER FOR A REASON.

Someone also said, "Looking at the Muhammad Speaks website, everything he wrote in the last 3 years of life was damn near incoherent." I would say the incoherence is from him trying to say even more with fewer words.

THIS I DON'T KNOW. I MEAN, DUDE WAS DUMB OLD AT THAT TIME SO IT'S POSSIBLE. HE WAS TEACHING FOR 40 YEARS SO IF HIS LAST THREE WERE "INCOHERENT" THEN FORGET ABOUT THE LAST THREE YEARS AND TAKE THE PREVIOUS 37 COHERENT YEARS AND RUN WITH IT.

But of course if you have followed him, experienced similar things, etc. Then you can understand the precision while others will be confused, hence points are misunderstood by the others.

OF COURSE. LET'S KEEP IT FUNKY, ELIJAH WASN'T A REGULAR DUDE. IT'S NOT LIKE HE WENT TO COLLEGE, BUT HE WAS ABLE TO SPEAK ON THING THE GREATEST MINDS OF THAT TIME WEREN'T CAPABLE OF. LOOK WHAT HE DID WITH THOSE WHO FOLLOWED HIM. CHECK OUT HOW WELL THEIR ECONOMIC PLAN WORKED. LOOK AT THE MASTERS HE TAUGHT. LISTEN TO A "MALCOLM X" SPEACH AND LISTEN TO HOW MANY TIMES HE REFERENCES HIS TEACHER.

KEEP IN MIND, ELIJAH STARTED DOING HIS THING IN THE EARLY 1930'S. BLACK FOLK DIDN'T TALK LIKE HIM BACK THEN.

Perhaps when I don't get a particular message that doesn't seem down to Earth I start thinking abstractly for possible answers.

HOW ELSE ARE YOU GOING TO GET ANSWERS? GOTTA THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX SOMETIMES ESPECIALLY WHEN THAT WHICH IS IN THE BOX ISN'T THE ANSWER.