PDA

View Full Version : are people racist because of the bible ?

LORD NOSE
10-25-2007, 08:17 PM
think about it

Gods Chosen People ?

Kong
10-25-2007, 08:45 PM
maybe.. the way the bible is used today, or the way its looked at.

i think a lot of people are probably just looking for a reason though.

Visionz
10-26-2007, 01:22 AM
possibly, its an idea that definetly has the ability to turn out very badly if viewed in the wrong context.

for instance, Everyone in here knows that whatever the people in the Bible looked like it sure wasn't white people, yet the KKK believed themselves to be devout christians. A catch 22 between perception and reality if there ever was one.

maybe the white world has subconsciensouly always known that they can't be the originals of God's chose people so they try to conquor the world because they didn't think there was anything waiting for them in heaven (perhaps)

beautifulrock
10-26-2007, 05:26 AM
absolutely, my grandmother is extremely religious and under the surface very racist.

BTTR KNG KOOL
10-26-2007, 07:47 AM
Prolly not cos of the TEXT in the bible..

But surely those pics with white people in them helps to be racist, u know.

Like "white" Jsus and so on..

Its *ucked up.

Dont support.

100pr00f
10-26-2007, 08:18 AM
i dont read em

Cthulhu
10-26-2007, 09:00 AM
Not to mention, the Bible supports slavery.

TAURO
10-26-2007, 09:35 AM
When are people gonna stop using religion as a scapegoat and actually face up to the fact that human beings are a flawed species. If there was no religion there would still be racism.

Before Christianity even came to certain countrys, native people were divided by tribes and would always be warring with other tribes......It's a natural human instinct to be with your own. Segregation/ racism has always exsisted in one form or another.

Koolish
10-26-2007, 11:27 AM
well if you've seen someone quoting a verse from the Bible and following it up with hate towards a race. you have good reason to believe this.

but if you're just speculating, i'd say it's possible but isn't something widespread.

Black Man
10-26-2007, 01:04 PM
the bible is not the cause or reason why people are racist (and there's only group of racist people in this world) the bible is only a tool that is used to achieve some of the goals

x.l.nc
10-26-2007, 01:06 PM
yeah but seriously, how many racist people actually read the bible, not many i suspect, so they wouldnt have got their ideas from there........just a thought, peace

THE W
10-26-2007, 01:23 PM
no,

the words of the bible are distorted to justify someones own prejudice beliefs. in its proper context it in no way condones racism.

Black Man
10-26-2007, 01:30 PM
yeah but seriously, how many racist people actually read the bible, not many i suspect, so they wouldnt have got their ideas from there........just a thought, peace

how many? can't give an exact number. historically, and currently alot of racist read the bible. typically they are christian.

x.l.nc
10-26-2007, 02:04 PM
Yes christian but sayin alot of RACIST read the bible is unknowledged. you dont know that..... some do but i would say not the majority. i myself am a True and good person, who believes in their religion.

WARPATH
10-26-2007, 04:12 PM
think about it

Gods Chosen People ?

People aren't racist because of the bible.

The bible is racist because of people.

x.l.nc
10-26-2007, 04:21 PM
the bible isnt racist. i like your play on words though.

Mumm Ra
10-26-2007, 04:34 PM

that's what I'd say in a nutshell

I dont think people are racist BECAUSE of the bible in no way
people are racist because of how THEY interpret the words, and just how their brain works, because there would still be many racist people who knew nothing of the bible

x.l.nc
10-26-2007, 04:44 PM
no mate he means of how it was written......(i reckon thats wot he's sayin)

Mumm Ra
10-26-2007, 04:53 PM
well I'd still say no
because people can be racist or not after reading the bible
for instance even if a non racist person became racist after reading the bible it would still be because of their thoughts
just depends on how they personally view things

x.l.nc
10-26-2007, 04:56 PM
i see what your sayin, but do you see what im sayin? alot of people say the bible was 'tampered' with over time so thats where i thought slippy was comin from..... peace

V4D3R
10-26-2007, 04:57 PM
the bible is not the cause or reason why people are racist (and there's only group of racist people in this world) the bible is only a tool that is used to achieve some of the goals

Every race has racists.

x.l.nc
10-26-2007, 04:59 PM
word^^

Cthulhu
10-26-2007, 05:40 PM
Anyone who thinks the Bible doesn't contain racism, or at the very least, xenophobia, has never read the Old Testament.

x.l.nc
10-26-2007, 05:46 PM
^^explain

Prolifical ENG
10-26-2007, 07:54 PM
Well for the relative amounts of racism in the southern U.S. and hardcore christians, there seems to be a direct correlation.

Cthulhu
10-26-2007, 10:26 PM
^^explain

Uh, well just read The Book of Numbers for starters. It's one of the most barbaric, nationalistic, ethnocentric books ever penned.

7EL7
10-26-2007, 10:46 PM

this is the level of understanding i'm looking for

racist don't need to read the book to be racist,its ideas of one group of people
being superior to all people is ingrained in the culture so deep, that the people don't even realize thats its coming from this book

but is there any truth in it ?

is there really one group of people set aside from the rest that will soon be swept up to that great chariot in the sky ?

7EL7
10-27-2007, 01:03 AM
yes and no...

one culture .........

could Hip Hop be this culture ?

SKAMPOE
10-27-2007, 02:24 AM
I Say Yes, Cuz In Da Bible They Alway Talkin Bout Colors Of Peopls Skin N Looks Like Who Cares Whut People Look Like

TSA
10-27-2007, 03:36 AM
i dont think the god mentions race, once.

the Nimrud story maybe, but you gotta understand "race" is a moder concept

for instance there are ppl in Africa WAY more racially different then a white person and an asian person, but in the US they're all black, in africa they're whatever their tribe is.

it's kinda stupid, even in th beginning of the country "irish" as it's own race until anglos decided to count them all as whites cause otherwise blacks would outnumber whites.

it's all man made, and not mentioned in the bible.

x.l.nc
10-27-2007, 08:31 AM
nice post^^ sort of what i tryin to say yesterday

Cthulhu
10-27-2007, 03:37 PM
i dont think the god mentions race, once.

the Nimrud story maybe, but you gotta understand "race" is a moder concept

for instance there are ppl in Africa WAY more racially different then a white person and an asian person, but in the US they're all black, in africa they're whatever their tribe is.

it's kinda stupid, even in th beginning of the country "irish" as it's own race until anglos decided to count them all as whites cause otherwise blacks would outnumber whites.

it's all man made, and not mentioned in the bible.The Bible mentions everyone by their ethnic/cultural background. It divides people a thousand different ways by what city they are from, what tribe they are from, what gods they worship, who their ancestors were, etc. Sounds racial to me.

7EL7
10-31-2007, 06:09 PM
he was dreaming but anyway.......

12 As the sun was setting, Abram fell into a deep sleep, and a thick and dreadful darkness came over him.

13 Then the LORD said to him, "Know for certain that your descendants will be strangers in a country not their own, and they will be enslaved and mistreated four hundred years. 14 But I will punish the nation they serve as slaves, and afterward they will come out with great possessions. 15 You, however, will go to your fathers in peace and be buried at a good old age. 16 In the fourth generation your descendants will come back here, for the sin of the Amorites has not yet reached its full measure."

17 When the sun had set and darkness had fallen, a smoking firepot with a blazing torch appeared and passed between the pieces. 18 On that day the LORD made a covenant with Abram and said, "To your descendants I give this land, from the river [d (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=1&chapter=15&version=31&context=chapter#fen-NIV-379d)] of Egypt to the great river, the Euphrates- 19 the land of the Kenites, Kenizzites, Kadmonites, 20 Hittites, Perizzites, Rephaites, 21 Amorites, Canaanites, Girgashites and Jebusites."

7EL7
10-31-2007, 06:57 PM
hip-hop is a small part of the superculture i was referring to. one way of looking at it is to see how hip-hop changed once it got absorbed into the dominant superculture. in general, lyrics became dumbed down and the artists that came to represent the culture became more overtly obsessed with money and showing off.

besides that, hip-hop culture is transient, just like all cultures that are spawned from a music-based movement. i think the greatest lasting influence it will have is that, just like jazz did in the 20's, the integration of elements created from an african-american community into the mainstream has produced a common link among disparate peoples (whites, blacks, latinos, asians, etc) and has the potential to ease racial tensions (at the expense of diversity within the superculture).

Oh Yeah ?

Koolish
11-01-2007, 12:22 AM
he was dreaming but anyway.......

12 As the sun was setting, Abram fell into a deep sleep, and a thick and dreadful darkness came over him.

13 Then the LORD said to him, "Know for certain that your descendants will be strangers in a country not their own, and they will be enslaved and mistreated four hundred years. 14 But I will punish the nation they serve as slaves, and afterward they will come out with great possessions. 15 You, however, will go to your fathers in peace and be buried at a good old age. 16 In the fourth generation your descendants will come back here, for the sin of the Amorites has not yet reached its full measure."

17 When the sun had set and darkness had fallen, a smoking firepot with a blazing torch appeared and passed between the pieces. 18 On that day the LORD made a covenant with Abram and said, "To your descendants I give this land, from the river [d (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=1&chapter=15&version=31&context=chapter#fen-NIV-379d)] of Egypt to the great river, the Euphrates- 19 the land of the Kenites, Kenizzites, Kadmonites, 20 Hittites, Perizzites, Rephaites, 21 Amorites, Canaanites, Girgashites and Jebusites."

they are classified by the cities they come from. they were probably all middle eastern people in origin. this argument seems to resemble "if you call black people black people you're racist". just because the bible has listed these peoples backgrounds doesn't mean it's focusing entirely on who they are because of where they come from.

Storm Shadow Samurai
11-01-2007, 01:36 AM
Racism and slavery goes back in every race who had the advantage. Think about it.

LORD ZERO
11-01-2007, 02:05 AM
Yes And No, Due To How The Text And Pics Are Interpreted

Cthulhu
11-01-2007, 05:31 PM
they are classified by the cities they come from. they were probably all middle eastern people in origin. this argument seems to resemble "if you call black people black people you're racist". just because the bible has listed these peoples backgrounds doesn't mean it's focusing entirely on who they are because of where they come from.

That seems innocuous enough, but take into account that these were all "Gentiles," outsiders to the Hebrew civilization, and thus, enemies. Because the Hebrews are God's chosen people, it apparently gives them the right to ransack the cities of neighboring pagan tribes, kill their children, and rape their women. If that's not racism/xenophobia, I'm not sure what is.

blackwisdom
11-01-2007, 05:52 PM
When are people gonna stop using religion as a scapegoat and actually face up to the fact that human beings are a flawed species. If there was no religion there would still be racism.

Before Christianity even came to certain countrys, native people were divided by tribes and would always be warring with other tribes......It's a natural human instinct to be with your own. Segregation/ racism has always exsisted in one form or another.I concur. According to my knowledge our nature is one in the same with the Creator. We must elevate to that level. Unfortunately most never come close.

7EL7
11-01-2007, 07:29 PM
I concur. According to my knowledge our nature is one in the same with the Creator. We must elevate to that level. Unfortunately most never come close.

hey, and when you find out how to,let us who are blind know the path to this level

SG
11-01-2007, 10:40 PM
think about it

Gods Chosen People ?

Yes people are racist because of the bible for one reason they are not current/updated to present time.

An example.......

I was watching the CNN special on NOOSES. A white man lost a race for political office to a latin women. He said "I feel pushed to the back of the bus". He shows a noose and says "this is JUSTICE, I don't care anymore".

My thoughts: When you can't effectively communicate to and with different audiences you are racist

blackwisdom
11-02-2007, 07:38 AM
hey, and when you find out how to,let us who are blind know the path to this levelIt's an individual voyage. Look into aboriginal initiation systems, i.e. Yoruba, Dogon, Kemet, Akon, Tantric Yoga, Dravidian Hinduism (the teachings pre-Aryan invasion), etc.

WARPATH
11-02-2007, 08:36 AM
I concur. According to my knowledge our nature is one in the same with the Creator. We must elevate to that level. Unfortunately most never come close.

My understanding, our creation is not only a part of our creator, but takes a piece from everyone of the creators "subordinates"- I think that's the word I'm looking for- even the evil.

hey, and when you find out how to,let us who are blind know the path to this level

The path to a spiritual level is a personal journey. Any one that tells you different is the blind leading the blind.

7EL7
11-02-2007, 06:23 PM
The path to a spiritual level is a personal journey. Any one that tells you different is the blind leading the blind.

what is a spiritual level and how many levels are there ?

It's an individual voyage. Look into aboriginal initiation systems, i.e. Yoruba, Dogon, Kemet, Akon, Tantric Yoga, Dravidian Hinduism (the teachings pre-Aryan invasion), etc.

the individual voyage does not last forever - there is a time when you meet up with others and move as a unit...right ?

Originally Posted by blackwisdom http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?p=940678#post940678)

have you ever met anyone who got close to this level ?

this is all something i have to find out on my own right ?

WARPATH
11-02-2007, 07:43 PM
what is a spiritual level and how many levels are there ?

the individual voyage does not last forever - there is a time when you meet up with others and move as a unit...right ?

Originally Posted by blackwisdom http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?p=940678#post940678)

have you ever met anyone who got close to this level ?

this is all something i have to find out on my own right ?

Spiritual levels, and people attaining those levels?

Who knows? Whoever thinks they know should probably right a book about it, because we all know happens when you write books on spiritual enlightenment........

7EL7
11-02-2007, 08:18 PM
Who knows? Whoever thinks they know should probably right a book about it

theres my point

LORD NOSE
07-03-2009, 05:54 PM
discuss

zooruka
07-03-2009, 07:11 PM

Before Christianity even came to certain countrys, native people were divided by tribes and would always be warring with other tribes......It's a natural human instinct to be with your own. Segregation/ racism has always exsisted in one form or another.

cosign

LORD NOSE
02-04-2011, 01:11 PM
up

Undiluted Karma
02-04-2011, 01:22 PM
I'm not too well versed in the Bible but Idont think from what Ive read it explicitly advocats racism.

It's very ethnocentric so in that way it does advocate racism, but not to the extent that people nowadays would think.

The Old Testament is a horrid piece of work though imo far too brutal for my tastes.

Undiluted Karma
02-04-2011, 01:24 PM

True

John Prewett
02-05-2011, 08:56 AM
ALL of Jesus's people,... people who in fact love/heed Jesus Christ,... love each other. Race irrelevant.

Mumm Ra
02-05-2011, 09:33 AM
lol !

LORD NOSE
02-05-2011, 12:50 PM
ALL of Jesus's people,... people who in fact love/heed Jesus Christ,... love each other. Race irrelevant.

so... there are no all white churches in the south that black people can't go to ?

John Prewett
02-05-2011, 01:22 PM
Originally Posted by John Prewett:
ALL of Jesus's people,... people who in fact love/heed Jesus Christ,
... love each other. Race irrelevant.
==================================

so... there are no all white churches in the south that black people can't go to ?

I didn't refer to the religous groups you [and most people] call "church"es.

I referred to people "who in fact love/heed Jesus Christ."

Dokuro
02-05-2011, 01:39 PM
so you guys love us two
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_uuEaCUoipUg/SMxBbn7EZUI/AAAAAAAAAQw/9ZDT6T3U2J0/s400/Witch+Burning.jpg

didn't know it was about love thank you

Mumm Ra
02-05-2011, 06:33 PM
its amazing the depths people can go to lie to themselves in the face of common knowledge and every day observance

Undiluted Karma
02-05-2011, 06:45 PM
There are alot of people who love Jesus, doesnt mean they love each other, no matter how much they love and know of jesus' teachings.

So its ok for a black guy to walk into any church in the US?

i guess the slave owners did really actually love their slaves

John Prewett
02-05-2011, 09:16 PM
There are alot of people who love Jesus, doesnt mean they love each other,
no matter how much they love and know of jesus' teachings.

So says you.

However, NT Jesus says love and heed go together.
Can't have one without the other.

So its ok for a black guy to walk into any church in the US?
i guess the slave owners did really actually love their slaves

Who said the people in the religious groups you [and most people] call "church"es
and the slave owners in fact loved/heeded Jesus ?

John Prewett
02-05-2011, 09:19 PM
its amazing the depths people can go to lie to themselves in the face of common knowledge and every day observance

You mean how antiChrist bigots routinely ignore
the existence of "wolves in sheeps clothing" ?

And ignore the many NT scriptures that reveal the existence of phony "christians.".
And ignore the reality of chapters 17 & 18 of the Revelation.

John Prewett
02-05-2011, 09:22 PM
so you guys love us two
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_uuEaCUoipUg/SMxBbn7EZUI/AAAAAAAAAQw/9ZDT6T3U2J0/s400/Witch+Burning.jpg

didn't know it was about love thank you

People who IN FACT love/heed Jesus have NEVER killed other people.

People who YOU [and decieved people all over the world for centuries]
deem "christian" have killed a lot of people.

Dokuro
02-05-2011, 09:28 PM
you have a point my dude loving some one and following some one. is defiantly related any one in a relationship will tell you that but any one in a Crush will tel you its poitless to heed any on in in the on sided love

JC mind has already returned to the void your love is not being returned that relationship is poison

Dokuro
02-05-2011, 09:31 PM
People who IN FACT love/heed Jesus have NEVER killed other people.

People who YOU [and decieved people all over the world for centuries]
deem "christian" have killed a lot of people.

then there not following there book

can you love god without following/heeding his word

isn't there a scripture about that

Dokuro
02-05-2011, 09:36 PM
and why haven you answered this one yet

then want was the meaning of the great sin

god cast the Grigori into exile for loving humans
then if that wasn't enough he killed the humans and there offspring

sound like he doesn't like people all that much ether

And to Gabriel said the Lord: 'Proceed against the biters and the reprobates, and against the children of fornication: and destroy [the children of fornication and] the children of the Watchers from amongst men [and cause them to go forth]: send them one against the other that they may destroy each other in battle: for length of days shall they not have. (Enoch 10:9)

And the Lord said unto Michael: 'Go, bind Semjāzā and his associates who have united themselves with women so as to have defiled themselves with them in all their uncleanness. And when their sons have slain one another, and they have seen the destruction of their beloved ones, bind them fast for seventy generations in the valleys of the earth, till the day of their judgement and of their consummation, till the judgement that is for ever and ever is consummated. In those days they shall be led off to the abyss of fire: 〈and〉 to the torment and the prison in which they shall be confined for ever. And whosoever shall be condemned and destroyed will from thenceforth be bound together with them to the end of all (Enoch 10:11-14)

^^^^ the biggest asshole maneuver of them all
thats why it was written out and many Christians deny it because he shows the length of hes evil

And Semjāzā, who was their leader, said unto them: 'I fear ye will not indeed agree to do this deed, and I alone shall have to pay the penalty of a great sin. And they all answered him and said: 'Let us all swear an oath, and all bind ourselves by mutual imprecations not to abandon this plan but to do this thing.' Then sware they all together and bound themselves by mutual imprecations upon it. (Enoch 6:3-5)

even after i said i'll take the blame

guess what i'm still paying for it

but i guess you Christians love to hear it was about pride huh?

i'm not even going to mention how he set up Cain and destroyed babel

i put it on the wiki page

LORD NOSE
02-05-2011, 11:13 PM
Lou - stop answering him - he is in time out and cannot come out until he matures and backs up his accusation of Muhammad and the Quaran - i'm going to leave his post in this thread intact for now - he either learns how to build, or he gets a serious spanking on this websites forum

Dokuro
02-05-2011, 11:34 PM
why to go you big meanie

i liked john at least his idiocy can be explained unlike proofzuka, theheavens and the other annculters

hes had 60+ years of brainwashing and people like that tend to distance themselves from experiencing the other side of the discussion
theres no hope for him unless my seed i planted worked but hes been pretty stubborn

plus hes the only person here thats seen my real face

spiggity_ace
02-05-2011, 11:51 PM
theirs been racism in india before the bible, lighter skinned people are generally regarded better than darker skinned, i duno if thats racism, racism is nonsense anyway theirs just the human race, Dan's been sayin this and people still dont listen. i guess being a racist means u believe theirs more than one race other than the human race. but no is not because of the bible

Dokuro
02-05-2011, 11:54 PM
^^yup-yup^^

LORD NOSE
02-05-2011, 11:59 PM
racism is no doubt a poison

there was none like it before white supremacy was established

there were no fights about skin color and hair texture until "whites" put that bull shit in the minds of the people of the world -

we warred in the past over different shit - never like this though

Dokuro
02-06-2011, 12:20 AM
ya they were just mad because the couldn't get out in the sun

LORD NOSE
02-06-2011, 12:33 AM
they need love and attention like everyone else - if they come from us,then we are responsible for the outcome - it is a indication of a serious sickness that we've ignored too long - a cancer unchecked - and it's destruction is obvious -

as a child, you ever wanna whoop your parents ass ?

this is the child that we have abandoned -

we were sneaking around hittin this and hittin that and tried to cover it up

child got older and was like what the fuck yo