PDA

View Full Version : lets talk quantum theory!!

STYLE
11-04-2007, 07:13 AM
i really enjoy getting into these convos and hearing other's thoughts on the subject.

so......

for those who don't know...

beyond the subatiomic level, reality is like a violent ocean of "stuff" sometimes referred to as quantum foam. depending on the foams vibration, reality manifests as energy or matter.

this is just the tip of the iceberg. weird shit happens at the quantum level.
case in point: THE INFAMOUS DOUBLE SLIT EXPERIMENT!!
DfPeprQ7oGc

Olive Oil Goombah
11-04-2007, 09:55 AM
crazy shit

SG
11-05-2007, 09:12 AM
keep explaining

urbanlegendmf
11-05-2007, 11:06 AM
Lets Not

Koolish
11-05-2007, 12:40 PM
"the observer collapsed the wave function, simply by observing"

mind over matter?

L~>1<~NKS
11-05-2007, 03:29 PM
Transformers.

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
11-05-2007, 03:36 PM
Damn SM i was just talking to my wife about this saturday. Thanks for bringing this up.

STYLE
11-05-2007, 05:43 PM
as far as sound goes...IDK. explain it some more man.

my theory is that thought manifests reality. and that the universe is expanding at he speed of thought.

the vid is called What The Bleep Do We Know

STYLE
11-05-2007, 06:10 PM
here's another concept. 10 dimensions
qU1fixMAObI

now this is where science asks us to have faith. but don't believe in god . we must believe in altternate timelines, universes, realities ect but WHATEVER YOU DO DON'T BELIEVE IN GOD. cause there is no proof and no LOGICAL reason to do so.

V4D3R
11-06-2007, 12:01 AM
0Fg16j5hbvY
It wont work site link some reason go thru link
http://youtube.com/watch?v=0Fg16j5hbvY

The God Particle is the key to a lot of shit.

STYLE
11-06-2007, 12:34 AM
i have a feeling they are gonna fuck something up with that machine.
or
i think that whatever knowledge comes from that project will be applied to something destructive like a a mega weapon. black hole cannon?

SG
01-18-2008, 12:07 PM
STYLESName: Werner Heisenberg(quantum)

TSA
01-18-2008, 12:43 PM
i didn't know what the fuck quantum theory was, but as i watch these videos im discovery MINNDDD BBLOOWWINNG shit

for instance

i think there's an infinet number of shit we can't see.

i also think existance is 7 dimensional

and if a being was 7 dimensional wouldn't that make it "god"?

also time isn't liner, it's like a fuckin ocean.

thought is 5th or 6th dimensional

if we saw things past the 3rd dimension it would be a messy blurry that would be impossible to compute therefore we may never understand .0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 0000000000000000000000000001% of the universe

(it would be like living in a pool of ink with your eyes open (probably just as painful too)

im not sure about these theories..im gonna look into it

damn stylemaster, that was fucking amazing.

see how great this board can be when we keep racism and yacub out of it?

TSA
01-18-2008, 12:57 PM
Quantum Physics is my new religion.

everything exists, but doesn't exist cause we don't/can't observe it existing...

that's real.

begongo
01-18-2008, 01:13 PM
those videos were amazing
I didn't really know what the quantum theory really was

JackOfHearts
01-18-2008, 01:28 PM
good topic choice! i find it hard to get to grips with this!

STYLE
01-18-2008, 04:25 PM
okay ready to get blown again? (no homo)
split a particle into two subatomic particles.
now take the two particles, we'll call them A and B.
take particle A and put it on one side of the milkyway and put B way on the other side.
now reverse the charge of A and INSATNTLY, B FLIPS CHARGE!!!!

2 questions
1. how are the two connected across such a vast distance?
2. how is that communication possible at speeds many many times faster than light?

so is there truth to "god is everywhere" and "god sees everything"?

the raptor knows all!!!
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/Mistoffelees/Raptor_Jesus_04.jpg

WARPATH
01-18-2008, 05:24 PM
i really enjoy getting into these convos and hearing other's thoughts on the subject.

so......

for those who don't know...

beyond the subatiomic level, reality is like a violent ocean of "stuff" sometimes referred to as quantum foam. depending on the foams vibration, reality manifests as energy or matter.

this is just the tip of the iceberg. weird shit happens at the quantum level.
case in point: THE INFAMOUS DOUBLE SLIT EXPERIMENT!!
DfPeprQ7oGc

This is interesting.

Somehow it pertains to this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Thunder_gods

But even the information in this link is most likeley inaccurate.

Basically, take different cultures perspective on electricty in it's raw form.

In a time before we started trying to clock everything, it was understood that these things had consiousness- so much so that all these different clutures new their names according to their language and their understanding of it was applied in their paradigm.

STYLE
01-18-2008, 05:49 PM
CS-
I did a 3 pt series on youtube debating atheists about the existance of a higher power using nothing but science and philosophy. no religion. but it basically was hinting toward what you just said.
that the accumulative attributes of natural phenom is what we label 'god'. and that God is just a name. just because we attatch atnthopomorphic qualities t it does not negate Gods existence.

WARPATH
01-18-2008, 06:26 PM
CS-
I did a 3 pt series on youtube debating atheists about the existance of a higher power using nothing but science and philosophy. no religion. but it basically was hinting toward what you just said.
that the accumulative attributes of natural phenom is what we label 'god'. and that God is just a name. just because we attatch atnthopomorphic qualities t it does not negate Gods existence.

In short this is the essence of creation.

All qualities of nature exist in man. Each emotion can be attributed to the hiarchy that makes up our world. There's specific order in which the world operates. Through science we begin to understand this, ecology, biology, and phychology for example.

And yet-

We live so distant from this understanding we also use science to make up answers for things we can't understand. We experiment on what we know to make up "theories" for what we can't prove.

Monkey theories.
Land Bridge Theories.
Alien interference theories.

and now-

Quantam Physics

The double slit theory is just another brick wall. How can we understand it when we no longer have a relationship with a planet that gives us life?

It's like calling your mother an ugly bitch and then expecting her to take you out to chuck e. cheese.

the silencer
01-18-2008, 06:27 PM
Stylemaster, did u ever read the Tao of Physics?

it's by a physicist named Fritjof Capra (he's from Vienna i believe) and he is trying to make the point that the Eastern religions, philosophies, whatever u wanna call them were dealing with all this stuff all the time...and what the "new" physics is doing is just starting to catch up to what the mystics and meditators had been experiencing for centuries....and that is: the true nature of reality..

it's a great book i recommend it to everybody..i've read a couple books that cover all this material (Fabric of the Cosmos by Greene and the Hawkins History of Time one) but Tao of Physics actually explains the PHYSICS much better than either of those....and when he bridges it with Taoism, Hinduism, Buddhism and all that---it's mind-blowing..

thanks for bringin some fuckin THOUGHT and knowledge back into what was becoming a wasteland recently..

diggy
01-18-2008, 07:17 PM
The quantum theory.

Keyword: THEORY

the silencer
01-18-2008, 08:37 PM
The quantum theory.

Keyword: THEORY
thanks you are a genius...

same dudes who say "it's only the THEORY of evolution"

us and monkeys having 99.9% similar DNA is a coincidence for sure...

STYLE
01-18-2008, 08:44 PM

so you think that you come from a monkey? hmmmmm........
http://www.patentmonkey.com/PM/Portals/0/ThinkingMonkey.jpg

the silencer
01-18-2008, 08:54 PM
lemme correct that...

the word is CHIMPANZEE

now back to quantum and all that shizz

STYLE
01-18-2008, 09:23 PM
lemme correct that...

the word is CHIMPANZEE

now back to quantum and all that shizz

actually the word is SEMANTIC, followed by FAIL

now lets talk about cats......

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0d/Schr%C3%B6dinger_cat.png
put a cat inside a box along with a very small amout of radioactive matter and a geiger counter connected to a acid bomb which detonates upon the geigers register of the decayed particle.... got it?

according to quantum, unless the matter is observed, the subatomic particle exists in all states. so the cat exists in both the dead and alive states simultaneously until the box is opened and we check to see if the bomb detonated.

got it?

THE CAT IS BOTH DEAD AND ALIVE AT THE SAME TIME.

the silencer
01-18-2008, 09:30 PM
Schroedinger's Cat

diggy
01-18-2008, 10:59 PM

O.K. so humans have 99.9% similar DNA. From that how do you come to the conclusion of humans coming from monkeys?
Is it not just theory (unproven)?

the silencer
01-19-2008, 01:36 AM
O.K. so humans have 99.9% similar DNA. From that how do you come to the conclusion of humans coming from monkeys?
Is it not just theory (unproven)?
lets just leave that where it is right now....i'll bow out of this argument so to speak..

and let the thread continue on as it was going...

diggy
01-19-2008, 02:30 AM
Why do you want to bow down? If your hypothesis is human DNA is 99.9% similar to monkeys therefore we descend from monkeys, then prove your point.

Look at your statement and ask yourself if it makes any sense.

Did u know that flies and worms also have DNA similar to humans?

Using your flawed logic, that means we also descend from flies and worms!!

Read this conclusion to an article debunking your flawed logic. Here's the link and title below.

http://www.apologeticspress.org/articles/2070

Do Human and Chimpanzee DNA Indicate an Evolutionary Relationship?
by Brad Harrub, Ph.D. and Bert Thompson, Ph.D.

CONCLUSION
Homology (or similarity) does not prove common ancestry. The entire genome of the tiny nematode (Caenorhabditis elegans) also has been sequenced as a tangential study to the human genome project. Of the 5,000 best-known human genes, 75% have matches in the worm (see “A Tiny Worm Challenges Evolution”). Does this mean that we are 75% identical to a nematode worm? Just because living creatures share some genes with humans does not mean there is a linear ancestry. Biologist John Randall admitted this when he wrote:

O.K., I've proven my point. You can continue discussing quantum theory.

STYLE
01-19-2008, 02:32 AM
you are off topic. start a new thread. call it something funny like "yo momma is a monkey"
and i'm sure yu will have a very lively convo about it.

this thread is about quantum

Kriszy Substance
01-19-2008, 02:52 AM
Im a sucker for the quantum…I highly recommend watching that whole movie “What the Bleep: Down the Rabbit Hole”…I believe you can find the whole deal on Youtube in segments. It’s a great movie that tackles a messy and complicated subject with real grace. I mean, basically the first video posted in this thread theorizes that even the smallest of particles know they are being observed…and if such a small thing can be aware of that and change it’s performance in relation…then in theory every observation that has ever been made is subject to the observer. A tricky topic that poses few answers and many questions…which is exactly why I am drawn to it.

That Tao Physics sounds real interesting Silencer…I will have to check it out.

STYLEMASTERR, great thread...

diggy
01-19-2008, 03:02 AM
I am here, I am there, I am everywhere.

WARPATH
01-20-2008, 01:31 PM
It all goes back to that old saying:

If tree falls when no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like to see that same quanto experiment-

except-

Instead of a wall-

They put a line of real people on the other side of the slits, and shoot them. First by observing then with no observations.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-20-2008, 02:10 PM
Yea, i think someone posted that video in here. The mere fact that it is being observed changed its behavior.

STYLE
01-20-2008, 10:19 PM
Yea, i think someone posted that video in here. The mere fact that it is being observed changed its behavior.

so with the hubble, our sphere of influence has now expanded to the edge of the universe.

Tecknowledgist
01-21-2008, 11:41 AM
Have you ever done something amazing, but nobody was there to see it? And then when you went to show somebody, you couldn't do it again?

I wonder if that's the same shit

Koolish
01-21-2008, 11:49 AM
depends what you're talking about d.

like, making a shit load of swishes when practicing ball, then some friends come and you're missing everything i think is just mind state, the pressure affects your concentration.

Tecknowledgist
01-21-2008, 12:12 PM
depends what you're talking about d.

like, making a shit load of swishes when practicing ball, then some friends come and you're missing everything i think is just mind state, the pressure affects your concentration.

Yeah that's true. Maybe subatomic particles can't make interference patterns and fuction like waves with somebody observing because they don't work well under pressure lol

Koolish
01-21-2008, 07:53 PM
i'll bust out a video game reference, but not all video games are like this so bare with me:

you need X amount of items to make item Y.

when you didn't need X you were getting too many of them so you just kept selling them.

now that you need Y, X seems to be the rarest thing ever.

JerseyIronman
01-21-2008, 09:41 PM
im a strong proponent of string theory

WARPATH
01-23-2008, 11:54 AM
so with the hubble, our sphere of influence has now expanded to the edge of the universe.

or

We think our influence has expanded.

Perhaps we should be looking more at how we're perceiving this evidence.

How we interpret signals- light, sound waves, touch- the electricity shooting through our bodies and brains-

and

the electrons shooting through the double slits-

Do you act differently when someone is watching you? Do you do wierd shit when nobody is around?

STYLE
02-26-2008, 05:35 AM
actually i don't think that the operators of the hubble realize the effects of distant observation.

Shogah
03-24-2008, 01:08 PM
I read that basic think about quantum theory is that just by basic observing some particle or, atom you find it imposible to see it in its real form or whatever...
Example if you look at humans as persons and you judge them by their actions like everybody, just by watching them, you see them as good or bad, or smart or stupid. But again there is no universally good or universally bad people. For example If you see someone for the first time in your life and he/she doing some good deed or saving someones life you will look him as a good person whole your life, but you actualy don,t even know ahything about that person and she/he could be anybody... That,s how I see it..

STYLE
03-24-2008, 01:24 PM
For example If you see someone for the first time in your life and he/she doing some good deed or saving someones life you will look him as a good person whole your life, but you actualy don,t even know ahything about that person and she/he could be anybody... That,s how I see it..

part 2 to that thought would be the other person notices you watching them and adjusts his behavior because of it.

true indeed.

but this is just one aspect of quantum. we still need to discuss, string theory, muliple realities, quantum foam,

Longbongcilvaringz
03-24-2008, 01:36 PM
i'll have to discuss the hard science behind this with a guy i know doing quantum mechanics.

until then i am silenced through ignorance.