PDA

View Full Version : How Are You ?

LORD NOSE
11-13-2007, 12:53 AM
i hate this dam greeting

please tell your people to stop asking me how i'm doing before i drop kick them bastards in the throat

how am i doing

what kind of shit

i'm suppose to say "fine and you" right ?

the hell with that phony shit

find a new greating

here are a few

whats up -
peace -
salaam -
head nod

or something

dam robots

STYLE
11-13-2007, 01:13 AM
dejavu

but to be fair it is just a robotic to ask whats up and respond with
"shit"
i move to pass law that requires u greet another person with an appropriate greeting that shows a genuine concern for that persons situation condition state of mind. otherwise keep your mouth shut and nod ya head. anything else is being fake cause u don't really give a fuck;

ex:
hey sunny! you finish that zeitgeist movie yet?

LORD NOSE
11-13-2007, 06:47 AM
dejavu

but to be fair it is just a robotic to ask whats up and respond with
"shit"

agreed

ex:
hey sunny! you finish that zeitgeist movie yet?

indeed i did

its an incredible work

but they are missing the whole point of the bible

and the whole point of the establishment

they only see it from their understanding

and thats ok

cause it lifts the people out of a "belief" and has them thinking

i feel for those who stay at that level of understanding though

shinobi4227
11-13-2007, 07:16 AM
^ The reason you hate that greeting so much is, cuz you feel its degrading, and believe it should be used only to children. I ain't tryin to tackle ya or sumthing, there are some countries that feel the same way you do, and in others, its just a normal form of greeting.

Cee Oh Vee
11-14-2007, 03:07 PM
not everybody's "down" with that gangsta talk.

WARPATH
11-14-2007, 03:20 PM
Funny Story:

I was in borders with my kids. My youngest (one of the twins) peed her pants, because I couldn't find the restroom (she was still potty training).

When it was time to check out the clerk asked:

"Did you find every thing okay?"

I replied:

"No, I had a hard time finding the bathroom"

She siad:

"Oh it's back over...."

I interrupted:

"I know where it's at, you asked me if I found it okay. I didn't."

Meanwhile:

My other youngest, ate some chocolate off the counter. She charged me for the choclate.......after I already wrote the check. She could've said something, but she didn't. So I wrote another check for 35 cents. I think this was her way of getting back at me for the bathroom comment.

LORD NOSE
11-14-2007, 04:23 PM
not everybody's "down" with that gangsta talk.

gangsta ?

real gangsters wear suits,nice shoes and ties

and they say "how are you,how are you doing"

and other gangsters reply, "fine and you"

Prolifical ENG
11-14-2007, 04:46 PM
Yeah its stupid.

I remember when I was first learning French at a young age, whenever someone said "comment ca va?" you are taught to say "ca va bien, merci"

That was one of the first things in French I remember learning.

I say "salaam" to the arabic people I know.

Sometimes I just keep it brief and say "greetings".....or sometimes "salutations"

I dont like "what up?" either...a few people don't use it rhetorically and you need to reply with an answer "chillin" then its a robot cycle all over again...or if you feel square you answer "nothing...".

"what up" then "what up" back works though........

WARPATH
11-14-2007, 04:49 PM
Yeah its stupid.

I remember when I was first learning French at a young age, whenever someone said "comment ca va?" you are taught to say "ca va bien, merci"

That was one of the first things in French I remember learning.

I say "salaam" to the arabic people I know.

Sometimes I just keep it brief and say "greetings".....or sometimes "salutations"

I dont like "what up?" either...a few people don't use it rhetorically and you need to reply with an answer "chillin" then its a robot cycle all over again...or if you feel square you answer "nothing...".

"what up" then "what up" back works though........

LMAO at prolif saying "Salutations."

Next time someone say "how are you?"

I'm going to reply:

Could be better, are you going to give me back my land and resources so my kids can eat?

LORD NOSE
11-14-2007, 05:35 PM
LMAO at prolif saying "Salutations."

Next time someone say "how are you?"

I'm going to reply:

Could be better, are you going to give me back my land and resources so my kids can eat?

exactly

when i'm on my man period i say

"i'm doing bad got dam it, you wanna know why huh huh"

don't ever ask me that shit again

asking me questions you don't really wanna know the answer to......and shit

its even worse when they say it with that american standard accent
and they be black

some nigga with a college education who thinks he's smarter than a nigga like me wiff timbs on

feel like shaking the shit outa niggas like that

ok i'm done ranting

Sean
11-14-2007, 06:13 PM
Yeah I hate it when people say "how are you?" to me, then I have to say "I'm fine, how are you?". Everyone here usually just says "Alright" and then you reply "alright" lol. It's so annoying when someone replies "Yeah you?".

Cee Oh Vee
11-15-2007, 10:03 AM
i can't see the problem with it, it gets right to the point, and it's more of a question than just a greeting, because i mean you can't replace "how are you?" with salaam/peace/whats up, it doesn't make sense.

LORD NOSE
11-15-2007, 10:35 AM
i can't see the problem with it, it gets right to the point, and it's more of a question than just a greeting, because i mean you can't replace "how are you?" with salaam/peace/whats up, it doesn't make sense.

the point is

people don't really wanna know how you are doing, its just something that they are programmed to say

and when you don't give a popular well known answer like "fine and you", you get funny looks from the initial greeter.

how ya doin

fine

how ya doing

fine

how ya doin

fine

you see, its a factory made greeting, they all come out the same

somewhat like how Hip Hop/pop music is today

Cee Oh Vee
11-15-2007, 10:57 AM
yeah, i see what you're getting at now.. but salaam/peace/whats up still cant replace it though lol..

CherChezLaMarauder
11-15-2007, 11:34 AM
Nice observatoin, toots.

LORD NOSE
11-15-2007, 11:57 AM
so -= the next time some one asks you

how are you ?

replie

i'm like this, movahfuka

EAGLE EYE
11-15-2007, 01:09 PM
sometimes I just reply with "miserable" or "tired"

then they leave me alone.

I too hate that robotic small talk shit

CherChezLaMarauder
11-15-2007, 02:15 PM
Yea man, like these random co-workers are constantly coming to my piffy clean cube and voluntarily sit on my desk and cross their legs with their torn pantyhose that they sadly never notice to ramble about shower curtains they're having a hard time deciding on. I have an extreme difficulty smiling or looking interested and not mean it. I usally cringe and frown during these dreadful talks. Just today this woman was telling me about this special sauce she puts in her pasta and I'm "wtf yo". Am I supposed to ask if she includes basil chronic leaves as if I'm gay? I usually walk away dumbfounded and feel like a waste of seaman after such convos.

Prolifical ENG
11-15-2007, 02:47 PM
^^^^

Thats different...she wants you to try her pasta sauce :mmmyah:

LORD NOSE
02-05-2008, 09:14 PM
^^^^

Thats different...she wants you to try her pasta sauce :mmmyah:

she wants to rag u with her ragu
on the rag stew

ummmm bloody

HOW ARE YOU ?

FINE AND YOU ?

I'M OK HOWS IT GOING ?

ITS GOING WELL, HOW ABOUT YOU ?

DID YOU SEE THE GAME ?

GET THE FUCK OUTA MY FACE NOW

STYLE
02-05-2008, 09:20 PM
whaddup?
shit. just chillin. whatsup with you?
shit.

blacks can be robots too.

nihao! ni zemma yang?
wo hao ni ne?
wo hao.

chinese robots

noboy's safe from the mechanized small talking piss parade

LORD NOSE
02-05-2008, 09:23 PM
whaddup?
shit. just chillin. whatsup with you?
shit.

blacks can be robots too.

nihao! ni zemma yang?
wo hao ni ne?
wo hao.

chinese robots

noboy's safe from the mechanized small talking piss parade

The ones i tell to get outa my face with that shit are "blacks"

whats worst are those "smile, its not that serious" bastards

those are the type of people who need to get slapped in the face wiff used condoms

Prolifical ENG
02-05-2008, 09:32 PM
I hate that greeting not only because its robotic, but usually the person really asking it doesn't really care unless they truly never seen the person in a while and it might spark conversation out of the small talk.

Next time try saying something different than "fine" and see how long that conversation lasts of why you aren't fine. That would indicate if the person really does care.....but it could fault if they are really bored or just want to talk.

If it hasn't truly been that long, why not start with a more specific question than a vague one.

Koolish
02-05-2008, 09:45 PM
cultural trends aren't always detrimental, it just depends how deeply devoted you are to them. a devotion that overwhelms your self is detrimental, but an understand of the culturally accepted regularities while maintaining a strong sense of self is healthy.

i understand what you're all getting at, but i suppose if you're personally tired of hearing that greeting then that's good that you're finding a more beneficial route, i don't care what someone says to me when we meet, the conversation that follows defines the worth of the communication.

Longbongcilvaringz
02-06-2008, 09:10 AM
when a white person asks you "Hows it going" why dont you respond with how you reallty feel Sunny, and then why not share some of your thoughts on the white race in general with them?

why not, is the system preventing you, again?

LORD NOSE
02-06-2008, 09:51 AM
when a white person asks you "Hows it going" why dont you respond with how you reallty feel Sunny, and then why not share some of your thoughts on the white race in general with them?

why not, is the system preventing you, again?

its very sad how yall don't understand shit i write

Olive Oil Goombah
02-06-2008, 11:09 AM
damn...are you all anti social or somethin? its not really that serious..

how ya doin?

good, u.

Not bad.

I usually only say it to people im acquainted with, or my neighbors just to let them kno im not a cold bastard.
The guys my age i usually just say whats up or give a head nod.

This is the problem with society today, and when the power goes out you realize how anti-social we really are.
Its cuz of TV and all this stuff keeps us occupied so we are not dependent on actual conversing to cure boredom

LORD NOSE
02-07-2008, 12:56 PM
How are you doing ?

fine and you ?

so hows it going ?

fine and you ?

so whats going on ?

you just asked me the same question in three different ways, leave me the fuck alone.

Lox-the-5th
02-07-2008, 01:55 PM
Funny Story:

I was in borders with my kids. My youngest (one of the twins) peed her pants, because I couldn't find the restroom (she was still potty training).

When it was time to check out the clerk asked:

"Did you find every thing okay?"

I replied:

"No, I had a hard time finding the bathroom"

She siad:

"Oh it's back over...."

I interrupted:

"I know where it's at, you asked me if I found it okay. I didn't."

Meanwhile:

My other youngest, ate some chocolate off the counter. She charged me for the choclate.......after I already wrote the check. She could've said something, but she didn't. So I wrote another check for 35 cents. I think this was her way of getting back at me for the bathroom comment.

to be honest i think u were kinda tough on her. even tho u didnt need the bathroom any more cuz it was after the fact. by tellin u anyway, she was letting u know for future reference.

she didnt have to ask if u found everything okay and she didnt have to say anything further to help u. shes probably on minimum wage in a shitty job and u were straight rude.

and if she did really mean to do that shit with the cheque then she was wrong too. but she was probably pissed at u.

wat u think? im just comin at it from her perspective.

Olive Oil Goombah
02-07-2008, 06:22 PM
^---I think his remark would have been considered a smartass one by most. And if the clerk was unaware that his kid peed his pants, its not her fault. But, she got him back, and im sure it was cuz of the remark.

BTW...Sunny, how you doin cuz??

JASPER
02-07-2008, 06:48 PM
i hate this dam greeting

please tell your people to stop asking me how i'm doing before i drop kick them bastards in the throat

how am i doing

what kind of shit

i'm suppose to say "fine and you" right ?

the hell with that phony shit

find a new greating

here are a few

whats up -
peace -
salaam -
head nod

or something

dam robotsstfu

LORD NOSE
02-08-2008, 12:17 AM
stfu

put hot alligator dick in your mouth

Longbongcilvaringz
02-08-2008, 07:27 AM
its very sad how yall don't understand shit i write

yeah im missing your gems about how intolerable and oppressive it is to be greeted by a fellow human. the way you deal with the discrimination is admirable.

although, still speaking the devils tongue i see?

JASPER
02-08-2008, 08:52 AM
put hot alligator dick in your mouthShut
the
fuck
up
!

Niggerbait.

LORD NOSE
02-08-2008, 07:01 PM
yeah im missing your gems

yes.... you are

LORD NOSE
02-08-2008, 07:04 PM
Shut
the
fuck
up
!

Niggerbait.

drink period blood

Olive Oil Goombah
02-08-2008, 07:05 PM
Damn sunny....666?? whats goin on bud, you dont talk shit to me no more or nothin. Im worried...how you doin man? (wuz that sincere enough)