PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed

Sean
11-14-2007, 11:16 AM
Anybody got this? It's out on Friday (16th) over here and I was wondering what people thought of it and whether or not I should get it.

100pr00f
11-14-2007, 11:23 AM
got bad reviews
it got a 7.5 or something....reviewers say its to repetitive

and its to short with only 12 to 15 hrs of game play and thats with all the side missions and what not

thing to look for now
is mass effect

over 20 hrs of just side missions ...lol

on another note

need for speed got a worse review score with a 6.8

cars turn worth shit
and its just race race race
after a race it puts u bck to the main menus

Sean
11-14-2007, 11:33 AM
It's got mixed reviews, some gave it 7 but then others gave it 10. And one review I looked at said it'll take like 20 hours to complete the story but like 40 to get the full experience. That's why I wanted to know if anyone's got it.

Also Kane and Lynch got fairly bad reviews. Too bad, I was looking forward to that.

shystar36
11-14-2007, 12:04 PM
it seems from the previews that the game has too many cinematics. like when you jump the game shows video, if you want to climb a wall, it goes to video of you climbing a wall. unless i got the wrong impression. but i was really looking forward to that game, cause so far 360 has only released shooters, no other genre is worth buying, unless you like sports games. and crackdown was nice.

shaolinsword
11-14-2007, 12:04 PM
"one mans trash is another mans treasure"

Rent it out and see

Sean
11-14-2007, 12:11 PM
Yeah that's what I was thinking. It's such a rip off though, 5 ($10) for 2 nights. Then if I like it that's another 40 ($80) to buy it.

100pr00f
11-14-2007, 01:15 PM
borrow from a friend..or let some one u trust..tell u if its worth it...

80$ ...damn thats alot..

i thought 60$ over here was alot for a game

haha

Sean
11-14-2007, 06:16 PM
Yeah we get ripped off on everything compared to you.

I think I'll just rent it, I'm not at school on Friday so I'll be able to get my money's worth out of it.

Icurus
11-14-2007, 08:46 PM
playing mario galaxy and cod4. im very happy with both, no need for prince of persia ripoff.

Paranoid
11-16-2007, 11:24 AM
not a prince of persia rip off at all...^

assassins creed is definately worth playing

Reiko
11-16-2007, 12:56 PM
IMO game of the year so far i love that middle ages thing and the assassins of course UBI should give us a game like AC where you can play Ninja in china, japan just think it would be amazing :D graphic is great go get it :)

Sean
11-16-2007, 02:23 PM
Yeah I bought it today, it's sick. I just love the way the character does everything, he's just so badass lol

brown_dogg
11-17-2007, 02:46 PM
it seems from the previews that the game has too many cinematics. like when you jump the game shows video, if you want to climb a wall, it goes to video of you climbing a wall. unless i got the wrong impression. but i was really looking forward to that game, cause so far 360 has only released shooters, no other genre is worth buying, unless you like sports games. and crackdown was nice.

Those cinematics don't actually happn. The game's pretty seamless. I haven't played it enough yet, but it's definitely worth checking out.

PsYkOsUs
11-17-2007, 07:25 PM
Playin' it now... Not crazy about it, gameplay is kinda boring, but that could change... I personally think the graphics are shoddy compared to COD4 and GOW... But the character movement is great.. Very fluid, especially on the horses...

Icurus
11-17-2007, 09:46 PM
I have it, I think its okay at best. Too much hype, nothing special. COD4 all day baby. I cant get off that fucking game.

Dirty Knowledge
11-23-2007, 01:46 PM
Figured it was going to be a letdown.

XBox sucks.

Paranoid
11-23-2007, 01:53 PM
yall should just get mass effect instead then it rules.

AC looks good but maybe its only worth a rental cuz its short

LuckyTheWonderDog
12-03-2007, 09:17 AM
Played it for a bit round a mates. Seemed like they put all their effort into creating a beautiful game world, and forgot to make the game as interesting. Beautiful but boring.

PsYkOsUs
12-10-2007, 06:22 PM
Playin' it now... Not crazy about it, gameplay is kinda boring, but that could change... I personally think the graphics are shoddy compared to COD4 and GOW... But the character movement is great.. Very fluid, especially on the horses...

To update my opinion.. The game won me over by the middle of the 4th Memory Block, and I fell in love with it... Really enjoyed this game overall... I do think the graphics could have been a little better, but then again, it's a massive open-world game, so it was possibly technologically impossible to make it look better... The movement is phenominal, and i enjoyed the story quite a bit... I both love and hate that you just end up in the room alone waitin' for the sequel... LOL

PEACE

PSY

PsYkOsUs
12-10-2007, 06:24 PM
COD4 is better though... Game of the year...

DUMBO
12-23-2007, 09:21 AM
got bad reviews
it got a 7.5 or something....reviewers say its to repetitive

and its to short with only 12 to 15 hrs of game play and thats with all the side missions and what not

thing to look for now
is mass effect

over 20 hrs of just side missions ...lol

on another note

need for speed got a worse review score with a 6.8

cars turn worth shit
and its just race race race
after a race it puts u bck to the main menus

huh? it's being called the game of the year on gamespot.

SID
12-23-2007, 11:23 AM
My brothers got it, good job i dont, cuz its seems pretty repetitive and boring, nice graphic and ting, but iam loving tenchu Z much more

BRONZBODY
12-23-2007, 08:32 PM
yeah..i copped it

played it

hated it

took it back

copped unreal tournament 3

love that..

anyway if i wanted to pla gta i would play gta

that and assassins crap tells the begenning and the end...at the fucking begining of the game.....what part of the game is that??

most overated game of the year

TeknicelStylez
12-30-2007, 11:59 PM
My boy is telling me he's hooked on mass effect and ain't even play this yet, so I checked the review and it said it's crap.

I just wish somebody would hire me so I could purchase a gaming console...

Paranoid
12-31-2007, 12:15 AM
i attempted to play this game high and failed miserably. very confusing controls... I didnt give it a good enough chance though. I sold it to my friend cuz i heard it was short, so im just gonna rent it.

shaolinsword
12-31-2007, 06:05 AM
I really enjoy the game, sure it's short and repetetive but it's original with a good twist towards the end. Only other bad thing is that the AI is stupid, you can stab guards and just walk away although there's more guards around

The visions at the end of the game are explained here....It has spoilers obviously

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=175552

WARPATH
01-23-2008, 04:34 PM
My boy is telling me he's hooked on mass effect and ain't even play this yet, so I checked the review and it said it's crap.

I just wish somebody would hire me so I could purchase a gaming console...

I would think the crack heads out in Jersey would trade a console for a rock or two. You should see the shit my homie got down in Denver off of the crack heads.

WARPATH
01-23-2008, 04:41 PM
I see a lot of negative things being said about this game, it looks like half you motherfuckers haven't played it.

This game is ill. On ps3 the graphics are lush, and the controls are spot on.

Does anyone know anything about the political climate of the time era this game takes place in? I mean I don't know if i'm killing christians of muslims, am I just taking motherfuckers out indiscriminately......

Alcryt
01-24-2008, 03:41 AM
^^ Yea your killing both, depends what city your in.
Quite a bit of info on wikipedia you could check out. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassin's_Creed#Technical_issues (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassin%27s_Creed#Technical_issues)

Games a bit too short, but i loved everything else, never gets old jumping and climbing on buildings and shit. One of the coolest stories for a game in a long time too.

Mumm Ra
01-24-2008, 12:29 PM
yeah assassins creed had a lot of potential but it was pretty lame, I didn't like it
I watched my friend play mass effect for a little while and he didn't like that either

Paranoid
01-24-2008, 02:26 PM
Mass Effect is classic.