PDA

View Full Version : Super Mario Galaxy

LuckyTheWonderDog
11-16-2007, 05:42 AM
Got it last night from the UK launch on Oxford Street, London. Even got it signed by the guy who does Mario's voice (wasn't a queue by the time I got there, so figured I may as well!).

So far (from a few hours last night) it's fuckin amazing. the controls are perfect and it looks like being one of the best games ever. Gonna give it a real go tonight.

Anyone with a Wii should own this. Obviously.

ironwizard
11-17-2007, 07:27 AM
I copped a Wii for this game. Got it on thursday, and I donīt regret it. This game is classic material, game of the year for me. I love how some of the tunes from Super Mario Bros. 3 is used in some levels, it's brilliant. The music overall is great. Tight controls and gameplay, and cool levels overall.

KZA
11-17-2007, 10:16 PM
I still need to pick it up. I haven't even finished playing Paper Mario for the wii

Bg_Knocc_Out
11-17-2007, 11:33 PM
Levels are way to short, and repetative and aren't very fun after awile, I love the graphics though. But it's like not much of a story line at all, all you do is complete levels, nothing really happens, maybe everyonce inna while, but yeah.

LuckyTheWonderDog
11-18-2007, 06:25 AM
Damn! Couldn't agree less with the above. Yeah some levels are pretty short, but then you're straight into another one with brilliant variety. Could be more story, but that's rarely been particularly important in Mario games.

I'd personaly describe it as magical and reckon it's probably the best platform game I've ever played.

I've not really got into a game in years, but played this non-stop for over 9 hours yesterday!

ironwizard
11-18-2007, 07:15 AM
Word, this is the first game in years to actually put a smile on my face. God, I love Mario games..

LuckyTheWonderDog
11-18-2007, 01:21 PM
^^ Exactly what I said to my mate, it just put a big smile on my face!

Guarded By Martyrs
11-18-2007, 07:23 PM
Yeah I think this game saw the line and flew past it!!!!!!
Simply Genius.
Like you said Spinx...The best platform game I will ever play > Definatly.
I got 25 Stars I think...I'm loving it!!!!!

I still need to pick it up. I haven't even finished playing Paper Mario for the wii

Ha Ha Same here!!!
I figured I will smash up Galaxy and then return to Paper Mario

Word, this is the first game in years to actually put a smile on my face. God, I love Mario games..

Could not agree more...

BRING ON SUPER SMAS BROS. BRAWL...........

LuckyTheWonderDog
11-18-2007, 08:31 PM
^^ 50 stars and counting!

FunkDoctorSpock
11-19-2007, 05:13 AM
Looks like a good game. The only game that would make me go out and buy a wii would be Super Smash Brothers Brawl. That game looks kickass.

LuckyTheWonderDog
11-19-2007, 06:16 AM
If I only ever played Super Mario Galaxy & Zelda it would have been worth buying the Wii.

All the talk/pictures/videos of Mario couldn't prepare me for how breathtaking it is.

Guarded By Martyrs
11-19-2007, 06:41 AM
^^ 50 stars and counting!

Wow...I'm gonna sit down and give it a serious go in a while...

If I only ever played Super Mario Galaxy & Zelda it would have been worth buying the Wii.

All the talk/pictures/videos of Mario couldn't prepare me for how breathtaking it is.

I second the first comment^
Nintendo have flipped the script.

the_57th_don
11-29-2007, 11:22 AM
i sold my wii last feb cause the games were so crap at the time, but now with this, metroid curruption and super smash bros coming out im gonna get 1 again. Zelda was good, but im so looking forward to playing this. only problem is, you cant get a wi for love nore money here in the uk at the moment.

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
11-29-2007, 11:27 AM
Jasper stating something weird about the cover...

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/bigboxshots/2/915692_68186_front.jpg

read the letters with highlights...

It says
UR
MR
GAY

Bwahaahahaahahahahah

LuckyTheWonderDog
11-29-2007, 11:30 AM
Haha yeah they're in really short supply. I got mine a year ago thankfully.

I got mine during the shortage last year by having a real time stock site open all the time while working. they updated all the time and tell you if anyone on the net has any. I saw Amazon had stock and got one even though they sold out in 5 mins!!!

There is now a whole stack of great games out and coming out. It has been like the old bus saying "Wait ages for one to come along...".

WU-KILLAH
11-29-2007, 12:43 PM
I didn't buy it cause I was afraid it was too short, but it definatly looks good.

LuckyTheWonderDog
11-29-2007, 12:46 PM
^^ It's worth every penny. Trust me.

I've put in at least 20 hours of gameplay so far and although I can now head off to visit Bowser if I wish, there is still loads of stuff left to do. I only have 64 of the 120 stars.

JASPER
11-29-2007, 04:38 PM

read the letters with highlights...

It says
UR
MR
GAY

BwahaahahaahahahahahYeah man, this must be done on purpose. Fucking weirdo chinks.

LuckyTheWonderDog
11-29-2007, 04:43 PM
^^ Errrr.... 'chinks' is a racial slur towards the Chinese. This game is Japanese.

JASPER
11-30-2007, 04:11 AM
Japs are chinks too.

CuzinBilly
11-30-2007, 10:42 AM
i haven't gotten any wii gamesin am inute i was thinkin about gettin metroid prime before this

oDoUoSoKo
12-01-2007, 06:02 PM
game is good, i love the boo mushroom.

HANZO
12-02-2007, 08:35 AM
i played it yesterday, gotta say its an awesome game. theres something about mario it really does put a smile on your face. its the first mario game i played since mario 64. i didnt play it much cause my mate starts crying when someone else plays it.

you gotta admit when nintendo make a good mario or zelda game microsoft or sony doesnt get close.

Bg_Knocc_Out
12-02-2007, 05:31 PM
I say rent this game at Block Buster with the extra week added, saves alot of money... The game is great, but I won't be coming back to it after it has been beaten.

11th Chamber
12-02-2007, 06:13 PM
Japs are chinks too.

naw, 'Chink' is aimed at Chinese

oDoUoSoKo
12-02-2007, 08:48 PM
ud be a lousy racist^^ Chinks are also Japs...same way spic is not only puerto ricans.

LuckyTheWonderDog
12-03-2007, 02:52 AM
I say rent this game at Block Buster with the extra week added, saves alot of money... The game is great, but I won't be coming back to it after it has been beaten.

I'll be back to this one again and again. The great thing about it for me is that it is like an old school platform game, but in 3D (feels like 4D with the gravity thing!), more than any other 3D platformer. Mario 64 had elements that made it like an adventure game rather than a true 3D update of the platform genre. This means rather than just being about finding what you have to do and doing it (making it less fun second time around), it, for me, has the sort of replayability that an old school platformer like Super Mario Brothers 3 had. The levels are fun to get through whether you've done them before or not.

Bloo
12-03-2007, 03:22 AM
No doubt about it. Mario is gangsta, nigga! This disc hasn't left my Wii since I got it. Haven't played it much in the last week though, been focusing most of my time on Crysis, but still very very dope.

WARPATH
12-04-2007, 03:10 PM
That's it, I gotta get this joint. Fuck it, I don't care if the cover is calling me Mr Gay.

LuckyTheWonderDog
12-05-2007, 02:27 AM
^^ Haha.

ironwizard
12-05-2007, 03:08 PM
Seriously, this is one of the best games Iīve ever played, if not the best. Itīs just excellent from start to finish, some of the most inventive and imaginative level designs Iīve ever seen, and the music is great.

STYLE
12-05-2007, 03:43 PM

read the letters with highlights...(little star reflections)

It says
UR
MR
GAY

Bwahaahahaahahahahah

holy shit! hahahahaha! that is classic!

DR. NICK RIVIERA
12-06-2007, 08:24 AM
new entry for the official Respect my mustache slang...

Super mario - gay

U r such a super mario, stop looking at my ass...