PDA

View Full Version : The best post 2000 hip-hop albums

LuckyTheWonderDog
08-04-2005, 05:04 AM
What does everybody think are the best hip-hop albums to have come out since 2000? It's easy to bitch on about how much better hip-hop was in the 80s or 90s, but some real classics can still be found if you look for them.

A few that spring to mind:

Non Phixion - The Future Is Now
Goretex - The Art Of Dying
Mr Lif - I Phantom
Edan - Primitive Plus
Ghostface - Supreme Clientele
El-P - Fantastic Damage
Ill Bill - What's Wrong With Bill?
Madvillain - Madvillainy

bringoutthegimp
08-04-2005, 05:16 AM
bad list, goretex and ill bill albums were mediocre at best

LuckyTheWonderDog
08-04-2005, 08:23 AM
Monsta Island Czars - Escape From Monsta Island

Dante
08-04-2005, 08:26 AM
GZA - Legend of The Liquid Sword
Nas - Stillmatic
Ghostface Killah - Supreme Clientele
Masta Killa - No Said Date
Canibus - 2000 B.C.
Krayzie Bone - Gemini: Good vs Evil

WuBanga36
08-04-2005, 08:28 AM
Ill Bill being mediocre???? U's bugging.

LuckyTheWonderDog
08-04-2005, 08:30 AM
Ill Bill being mediocre???? U's bugging.Glad I aint the only one.

GZA - Legend Of The Liquid Swords (yeah, I forgot that one)
Masta Killa - No Said Date (and this one)
Cannibal Ox - The Cold Vein
Sabac - Sabacolypse: A Change Gon Come
Non Phixion - The Green CD
R.A. The Rugged Man - Die, Rugged Man, Die

bringoutthegimp
08-04-2005, 08:31 AM
It aint your place to comment on my list you dick - I said come up with your own. No-one can argue with my selection as it's what I like (and what came to mind at the time). Judging from your picture I'm surprised you're not too busy suckin MF Dooms dick to drop posts here.

Oh, and on that subject add to my list:

Monsta Island Czars - Escape From Monsta Island that mic album shouldnt be on the list either, youre a fuckin idiot everyone can argue with your selections because youre a backpacker, simple as that, plus we had this topic about 2 days ago or something, fuck off

LuckyTheWonderDog
08-04-2005, 08:33 AM
Just keepin the peace now.

pussy-with-teeth
08-04-2005, 08:33 AM
Ghost - SC
common - Be
Dre - 2001
jay - BP
nas - stillmatic
kanye - cd

Robert
08-04-2005, 08:39 AM
NaS-God's Son
Masta Killa-No Said Date
Jedi Mind-Legacy of Blood
Canibus-Rip The Jacker
NaS-Stillmatic (fuck jigga)

bringoutthegimp
08-04-2005, 08:40 AM
How the fuck am I a backpacker?

No-one can argue with what another person likes or did mommy drop you on the head as a baby?

Where's your fuckin list then? Or are you too embarrassed to admit to it being Justin Timberlake and Christina?

Shit, I just noticed you're 17. I can't be bothered to even argue with a little school boy - you were a baby when hip-hop was at it's finest. LMAO bringing age into the equation, i bet youll bring my location into it next, what a lame argument. you are a backpacker for ONLY naming underground acts, you are one-dimensional, any non phixion/psycho logical release other than the future is now is nowhere near close to classic, the necro affiliated releases last year were ASS for the most part and calling them the best albums in the past 5 years is absurd, bringing up my age yet you can only names albums released last year, like i said, fuck off

Robert
08-04-2005, 08:40 AM
and legend of the liquid sword by the genius

LuckyTheWonderDog
08-04-2005, 08:53 AM
I forgot Shabazz The Disciple - Book Of Shabazz: Hidden Scrolls

WuBanga36
08-04-2005, 09:10 AM
Spinx, those r all dope lps u listed above.

arcane
08-04-2005, 12:39 PM
Many of the above mentioned, plus...

The Roots - The Tipping Point
Rjd2 - Dead Ringer
Rjd2 - Since We Last Spoke

I can't think of much else that hasn't been mentioned, but these 3 albums are dope as hell, post-2000 (though Rjd2 may not be hip-hop in the sense that it's being discussed here).

Robert
08-04-2005, 12:43 PM
Many of the above mentioned, plus...

The Roots - The Tipping Point
Rjd2 - Dead Ringer
Rjd2 - Since We Last Spoke

I can't think of much else that hasn't been mentioned, but these 3 albums are dope as hell, post-2000 (though Rjd2 may not be hip-hop in the sense that it's being discussed here).
Hell yeah the tipping point is a dope album, particularly tracks like Guns Are Drawn, Web, Star/Pointro. Forgot about that album

oldie
08-04-2005, 01:26 PM
apathy - where's your album is a dope, dope album but not near classic.
supernatural - lost freestyle files (again a v.dope album)
masta killa - NSD (near classic IMO)
gang starr - the ownerz (dope dope album)
7L & Esoteric - Dc2 bars of death (near classic IMO)

tical2000
08-04-2005, 03:53 PM
Ghost - SC
common - Be
Dre - 2001
jay - BP
nas - stillmatic
kanye - cd
DR DRE 2001.....this came out in 1999

tical2000
08-04-2005, 03:59 PM
What does everybody think are the best hip-hop albums to have come out since 2000? It's easy to bitch on about how much better hip-hop was in the 80s or 90s, but some real classics can still be found if you look for them.

A few that spring to mind:

Non Phixion - The Future Is Now
Goretex - The Art Of Dying
Mr Lif - I Phantom
Edan - Primitive Plus
Ghostface - Supreme Clientele
El-P - Fantastic Damage
Madvillain - Madvillainythis list is full of some egghead nerd rap.........like do you think hip hop heads will be talking about NON PHIXION albums in the same breath as fuckin CUBAN LINX or READY TO DIE???? Like come on ILL BILL and GORETEX are not classic......give me a break.

In the late 1980's and 1990's classic albums would come out all the time........rap music stinks in the 2000's......mainstream and underground

The only classic albums to come out in the commercial/ corporate 2000's

are:

GHOSTFACE - SUPREME Clientele
JAy-Z - Blueprint
Kanye West - College dropout
Outkast- Stankonia
Del the funkee - Both Sides of the brain
50 Cent - get Rich or die trying
Common - Be
Talib Kweli - Reflection Eternal

albums that are really good would include stuff like ROOTS - TIPPING POINT........that was a great record in my opinion.......but some of you dont know the difference betwen a great record and a classic one

Idiom
08-04-2005, 04:02 PM
Jedi Mind - Legacy of Blood
Jedi Mind - Violent by design
Jus Allah - All fates have changed
C rays walz - Ravipops
Immortal Technique - Revolutionary Vol. 2
Mr. Lif - I Phantom
Mathematics - The problem

Tical if you never mention 50 again then you'll be fine
with that list JESUS H CHRIST _ 50 cent?

JAy-Z - Blueprint
Outkast- Stankonia
LMMFAO

tical2000
08-04-2005, 04:10 PM
Whatever......that 50 CENT "GEt RICH OR DIE TRYING" came out of every car driving down the block that summer.......reminded me of when THE CRONIC and DOGGYSTYLE came out......it had some impact........I feel a classic record has to have impact, be super original, or change the game some how

you are calling MATHAMATCIS - THE PROBLEM a classic??? it is like a fuckin WU TANG compilation??? get the fuck outta here..........do you think that albums stands up to past hip hop classics

like I say some of you are just naming fuckin obscure fuckin underground releases that you like......sure some of these records are great......but there is a difference between a great record and a classic

Jedi Mind - Legacy of Blood
Jedi Mind - Violent by design
Jus Allah - All fates have changed
C rays walz - Ravipops
Immortal Technique - Revolutionary Vol. 2
Mr. Lif - I Phantom
Mathematics - The problem

Tical if you never mention 50 again then you'll be fine
with that list JESUS H CHRIST _ 50 cent?

JAy-Z - Blueprint
Outkast- Stankonia
LMMFAO

R3beLuTionAry
08-04-2005, 04:21 PM
theres so many good ones, but the best would be hard to determine.

heres some

MF Doom & Madlib - Madvillainy
Masta Ace - A Long Hot Summer
Murs - Murs 3:16 the 9th Edition
The Grouch & Eligh - No More Greener Grasses
Jaylib - Champion Sound
Common - Be
CMA - All Over

R3beLuTionAry
08-04-2005, 04:23 PM
Whatever......that 50 CENT "GEt RICH OR DIE TRYING" came out of every car driving down the block that summer.......reminded me of when THE CRONIC and DOGGYSTYLE came out......it had some impact........I feel a classic record has to have impact, be super original, or change the game some how

you are calling MATHAMATCIS - THE PROBLEM a classic??? it is like a fuckin WU TANG compilation??? get the fuck outta here..........do you think that albums stands up to past hip hop classics

like I say some of you are just naming fuckin obscure fuckin underground releases that you like......sure some of these records are great......but there is a difference between a great record and a classic

and you are naming rediculous mainstream ass albums. a wack LP over a dope ass Mathematics "compilation" doesnt contribute to a classic..bitch

LuckyTheWonderDog
08-04-2005, 05:01 PM

like I say some of you are just naming fuckin obscure fuckin underground releases that you like......sure some of these records are great......but there is a difference between a great record and a classicThat's funny shit. 50 Cent on all his album covers with his tits out all oiled up - is he going for some homo-erotic thing there?

I think Non Phixion should bow down to the lyrical prowess of a man who comes with lines like:

"Temperature rising, okay lets go to the next level
Dance floor jam packed, hot as a teakettle
I'll break it down for you now, baby it's simple
If you be a nympho, I'll be a nympho"

I mean that is the stuff of legends - I can see Rakim, Big Daddy Kane & Kool G Rap burning their albums and lyric pads as we speak...

LuckyTheWonderDog
08-04-2005, 05:22 PM
Hasn't GZA just been doin some gigs with Vordul and Vast aire of Cannibal Ox, C-Rayz Walz, 4th Pyramid and J-Live? Is he a backpacka as well?

tical2000
08-04-2005, 06:21 PM
and you are naming rediculous mainstream ass albums. a wack LP over a dope ass Mathematics "compilation" doesnt contribute to a classic..bitchI think people will remember KANYE WESTS's COLLEGE DROPOUT and JAY-Z's BLUEPRINT as having more impact or changing hip hop.....than fuckin MATHAMATCIS - THE PROBLEM cd

......if you cant see that you are an idiot

Maybe, it because i grew up listening to hip hop in the 1990's and was spoiled by dope album that came out ever couple weeks.......it seems like alot of younger kids on this forum are bringing up albums like NON PHIXON and stuff.....not bad albums......but sure are not classics........I feel sorry for younger heads today, that they did not get to experience hip hop in the 1990's, and think that these medicocre crap albums that come out today are classic.....

Idiom
08-04-2005, 06:25 PM
no there is a difference between a lyrical record and ubsurd none lyrical club record
lyrics makes a album classic.beats yes but you have to have lyrics to go wit it or it's
just garbage....
mathematics - the problem just came out jerkoff

OmO < Idiom

Idiom
08-04-2005, 06:28 PM
besides exposure is everything, and have the people that listen to jayz (nowadays)
and 50 cents and kanye wests are mostly "kids" and bitches. no offence to the broads but 95% of you's
have no taste...

OmO < Idiom

tical2000
08-04-2005, 06:38 PM
besides exposure is everything, and have the people that listen to jayz (nowadays)
and 50 cents and kanye wests are mostly "kids" and bitches. no offence to the broads but 95% of you's
have no taste...

OmO < Idiom
Rap is controlled today by little 13 year old girls.......cant have a rap cd out today that does not have a love song.......labels dont want to turn off that demographic

rap sucks in 2005

Orion Nebulus
08-04-2005, 06:58 PM
Heres my list of the best lps of this wack ass new millinium......

Ghostface-Supreme Clientele.....easily one of the best albums of post 2000
MF Doom- Mad Villiany and mm food...?.....great albums...I would say him and Ghost are carrying true hiphop this year.
Rza-Birth of a Prince......to me that was a dope ass album..people forget that.
Masta Killa-No said Date.......true classic wu album with the original sound.

tical2000
08-04-2005, 07:43 PM
Heres my list of the best lps of this wack ass new millinium......

Ghostface-Supreme Clientele.....easily one of the best albums of post 2000
MF Doom- Mad Villiany and mm food...?.....great albums...I would say him and Ghost are carrying true hiphop this year.
Rza-Birth of a Prince......to me that was a dope ass album..people forget that.
Masta Killa-No said Date.......true classic wu album with the original sound.RZA-BIRTH of a PRINCE???? are you serious.......I am a huge fan of Rza's rhymes.....but that album was an absolute stinker to me.....the two previous BOBBY DIGITAL albums were better, and i would not consider them a classic hip hop record, 4/5 stars for me

MASTA KILLA's solo?? Compared to all the other WU TANG first classic solo's, I dont think it is as good......I think only WU TANG fans would say MASTA KILLA's album was classic, dont think just a regular hip hop fan would...he was not really coming with anything new or cutting edge, that was not done 10 years before

Bedlam
08-04-2005, 09:01 PM
I dont think any post 2000 Wu cd's are classics, except Supreme Clientele and Legend of the Liquid Swords, maybe, but really those cd's arent shit compared to the 90's classics.

Nas - Stillmatic, Lost Tapes maybe
Cormega - The Realness
Eminem - Marshall Mathers LP (I dont care what you say, this is a huge part of my life)

Marc051
08-05-2005, 04:17 AM
Non Phixion - The Future is Now
Ghostface Killah - Supreme Clientle
Prodigy - HNIC
Jedi Mind Tricks - VBD, Visionz of Ghandi

Tage
08-05-2005, 10:06 AM
Chan - Part of the Nation

^GET IIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!

may fav album by far!!!!! maybe not as much as 36 chambers... but close..

Fr@z
08-05-2005, 10:14 AM
Nas - Stillmatic
Ghost - Supreme Clientele
Jay-Z - Blueprint and The Black Album
Outkast - Stankonia
Talib Kweli And Hi-Tek - Reflection Eternal
Madvillain - Madvillainy

THE W
08-05-2005, 10:24 AM
does this include the year 2000?

supreme clientele
the W
revolutionary vol 1 and 2
no said date
the ownerz
ghostdog

tical2000
08-05-2005, 12:08 PM
Nas - Stillmatic
Ghost - Supreme Clientele
Jay-Z - Blueprint and The Black Album
Outkast - Stankonia
Talib Kweli And Hi-Tek - Reflection Eternal
Madvillain - Madvillainy
This seems decent........cosign

All these albums had impact, changed the game, and were super creative

tical2000
08-05-2005, 12:12 PM
does this include the year 2000?

supreme clientele
the W
revolutionary vol 1 and 2
no said date
the ownerz
ghostdog
THE W (you think this album is up there with 36 chambers or Forever????)
GHOSTDOG???? (you are calling this classic, its good, but it did not exactly change the face of rap)
THE OWNERZ (more of the same from gangstarr, nothing new here)

LuckyTheWonderDog
08-05-2005, 01:06 PM
the thread title is best post 2000 albums, not classic, ground-breaking albums since 2000. wadedigital's list is more than reasonable. my list would look like this

ghostface - supreme clientele
madvillain - madvillainy
common - be
nas - stillmatic
eminem - the marshall mathers lp
wu-tang - the w
masta killa - no said date
gza - legend of the liquid sword
immortal technique - revolutionary vol. 2
jay-z - the blueprint

Finally someone notices. I started a thread of what the best post 2000 albums were - if you think every album since 2000 was shit then name the one you thought was least shit. They don't have to be better than 36 Chambers.