PDA

View Full Version : Questions about the PS3 and the three prong adapter?

netscape check two
11-21-2007, 04:07 PM
I just got a 40 GB, PS3. I didn't realize it was going to have a three prong AC adapter. lol The problem is, the room that I want to put the PS3 in doesn't have any three prong type of outlets. I was able to get one of those adapter things that plugs into a 2 prong outlet, that converts it into a three prong outlet. Though, it says in the instruction manual for the wires to be grounded, and they aren't in the outlet I'm using. Do you think it's safe to use the PS3 in an ungrounded outlet, or do you think I should get the outlet rewired into a grounded, three prong outlet?

I have some other types of questions to ask, so I'll post again later.

InvincibleArmor79
11-22-2007, 08:17 AM
jus get an adapter for your 2 pronged outlet..

netscape check two
11-23-2007, 12:01 AM
Yeah, that's what I did. I have an adapter that converts the two prong outlet into a three prong. I just was wondering if it's safe to use my PS3 with it, since the wires aren't grounded? Cause in the instruction manual, it says to always use a grounded outlet, to cut down on the chances of the PS3 or TV getting damaged, like in a power surge for example.

netscape check two
11-23-2007, 12:02 AM
Also, I guess it's normal for the PS3 to be a little noiser at times, than the PS2?

BRONZBODY
11-23-2007, 02:45 AM
Also, I guess it's normal for the PS3 to be a little noiser at times, than the PS2?
for the most part it is very quiet

every now and again the aux fans kick in to blow the hot air out

but since the ps3 has vents all over the damn thing i rarely gets extremely hot

btw the 40 gig saves more power its 35-40hz as the 60 and 80gigs are 60-65hz

my psn is MFBRONZ

get at a nugga son!!!

Bloo
11-29-2007, 01:53 AM
btw the 40 gig saves more power its 35-40hz as the 60 and 80gigs are 60-65hz

Only problem with that is the fact that it isn't backwards compattable. That's a turn off for me at least. You're losing more than you gain.

As for the prongs. I would find a three prong socket and use that if at all possible. Cause one good power spike and you'll have one pretty paperweight. But if you don't think that'll be much of an issue where you reside then don't stress it.

BRONZBODY
12-01-2007, 12:55 AM
Only problem with that is the fact that it isn't backwards compattable. That's a turn off for me at least. You're losing more than you gain.

As for the prongs. I would find a three prong socket and use that if at all possible. Cause one good power spike and you'll have one pretty paperweight. But if you don't think that'll be much of an issue where you reside then don't stress it.
u right about the 40 gig but i got the 60 gig(100 gig now) so im good!!!

Ink Is My Drink
12-12-2007, 11:57 AM
but one of those power surge protecter adapters and plug that into the 2 prong socket then ps3 into the surge protector socket