PDA

View Full Version : I just checked Glassjaw..

DR. NICK RIVIERA
11-23-2007, 01:50 PM
they are pretty impressive... just listening to their Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Silence album....can anybody recommend me some more? I read on the wikipedia they have an another album plus Palumbo has another band called Head Automatica....can anybody school me on them?

thanks anyway

benzo
11-23-2007, 02:26 PM
The Automatica project was him and DAN THE AUTOMATER! Nothing at all like Glassjaw... The second (and last) album was good but not as fierce and hardhitting as the one you're listening to. If you like his voive and dig the first one, then I'd say get the second one...track 8 is awesome. There's been talk of them doing a third one for years but I think they're done now. Peace-

DR. NICK RIVIERA
11-23-2007, 03:00 PM
thanks, I'm gonna check it mos def

but how is the Head Automatica like? what genre?

benzo
11-27-2007, 05:15 PM
it's "Electronica" type shit...not rock band stuff.

crust
11-27-2007, 05:21 PM
http://funkysouls.com/img/GlassjawWorshipAndTribute2002.jpg
http://panther1.last.fm/coverart/300x300/2223161.jpg

Mad Axes
11-27-2007, 05:51 PM
yea they're a long island based band from ny and started a lot of the emo sound that is now popular (i love their 2 guitar sound)... their first album is classic, everything you ever wanted to know about silence ... their second album, worship and tribute was also solid but not as good ... head automatica is a side project of the lead singer with a DJ, like mentioned above very different, electronic and catchy no screaming or any hard riffs ... ... their first album decadence was alright , and their second album popaganda i really couldnt listen to ... if anything worship and tribute is def worth a listen

"i only beat you when im drunk, you're only pretty when you're crying"

Vegan
11-27-2007, 06:17 PM
i like those mother fuckerz. i like the switchups on vocals, wild shit, then easy, then wild. lol. lovebites and razorbites is the shit.